What exactly does the skill stat relate to? Mines at 612.
It's the dumbest stat, it seems to pull data from everything and calculate it somehow. You could have a game with a great kdr, playing the objective heaps, and still get a negative skill for a game. It's crap.
i heard it was something to do with killing lower or higher skilled players. Still its a shit way to calculate stuff. It doesnt mean anything
I've had three games so far and every game i've got my arse kicked, it's actually kind of annoying that i die so often, i'm getting outgunned by everyone and i'm confused as hell with all this gadget shit.
If I understand what you're saying, the gadgets work like this:
- The radio beacon is a mobile spawn point you can deploy.
- The TUG-S is a deployable motion sensor like the one in BC2 except you don't throw it.
- The MAV is basically the exact same thing as the TUG-S, except it can fly and you can jam equipment with it (you can also kill people with it if you are going fast enough). Basically, it's a direct upgrade over the TUG-S (even if you don't want to pilot it, since you can just exit out of piloting mode as soon as you deploy it or drop it where you want to know the enemy's position is and use it like a TUG-S).
- The EOD bot is like the MAV, in the way that it is mobile, but it moves over land instead of air. You can use it to arm and disarm MCOMS, repair vehicles remotely, and kill people using the repair tool.
- SOFLAM is one of the most important gadgets in the game, as it allows you to designate a target which allows people using guided weapons (javelins, guided missiles/shells) to lock onto a vehicle that either is at too far a range or cannot normally be locked on without it, plus it gives a small amount of bonus damage I think. The MBT's CITV station does the same thing, which you get as a permanent upgrade when you get the tank service star.
- The mortar should be self-explanatory. When you deploy it, you will get an overhead view of the map. Click where you want to fire. You can also change out the explosive rounds for smoke rounds on the spot if you prefer using the "swap weapons" key. Because of how switching between rounds works, you can fire an explosive round and immediately fire a smoke round, and switch back, which allows it to be used much more efficiently (basically, just like canister shells and regular shells work on tanks, and other vehicles that have two weapons).
I think those are all the gadgets that need explaining.
How do i unlock stuff for my guns? Is it based on Kills?
Also i feel quite proud of myself, first time flying a Jet i got a Double Kill before crashing into a building.
To be honest i'm not keen on the browser based server browser, it's kind of annoying that i can't just keep the game running when i quit out of a game, instead i quit out then have to load it back up.
I might be a noob but i know this is bullshit.
Been playing for the last 5 hours with my only goal to unlock this.
Now I have one vehicle with something decent unlocked.
Unlocked the L96 sniper the other day, and is it just me or does the round it fires seem to have a flatter trajectory than most other rifles?
Also the M16A4 and the AEK something are excellent rifles, might have actually found a gun I enjoy using as much as the M4A1
Yeah I really like using it, but I tend to use my M4A1 cause I feel more useful as an engineer, just feels like no one ever works to take out vehicles except for me though ;-;
Even then it's usually just easier to ambush a tank with some C4 and then I can just rattle round off with an LMG and suppress the enemy for my team to advance while I hold an objective.
I was on a TDM server where some rank 10 guy was using the 870 and getting lots of kills with it. All the high-rank fags called him a noob/hacker. Felt kinda sorry for him
are there any decent guides on jet flying in bf3? i'm absolutely awful at flying em
Also turning works best with your speed at 300. You can also dodge missiles by afterburning away from whoever is shooting them then u-turning back towards them once they fire.
For the PS3 first, xbox 360 and PC after that
I know with the DLC its because sony paid EA or something
LETS SUE THEM ASWELL AS BIOWARE!
Fucking sucks, especially considering my 470 could run the Beta on higher settings. I suppose Metro was a pretty mellow map graphics-wise however.