If your logic is that you want to use LuaBind for LuaBind, and you don't care what the expense is to do that, then okay that's fine. Otherwise, you sacrifice some flexibility using it that would be important to have on larger projects, such as extending types in Lua and using them across multiple modules.
I used it way, way back. About 2 years ago. The entire HL2:SB codebase was going to rely on it. I remember somewhere saying Garry would have used it or something had he the chance to redo things. I'm not sure if he has since changed his position on that, but I definitely did. After seeing what the C API is capable of on its own, I'm not sure I'd want to use anything else.
That and it uses Boost, which I'm not the biggest fan of due to the work you have to go through to use it, but otherwise I won't complain about it since I haven't really utilized it.
Okay. I know that the physics world is being updated, and my entities have the necessary bodies, shapes, and fixtures, yet they still refuse to do anything.
I think this might have something to do with how when I try using Body:setMassData, it doesn't change anything.
I like to consider Boost the most useful headache on the planet.
If I'm using the headers only, it's pretty smooth sailing. Can't say the same for compiled versions of it.
Amidst WAYWO drama.. Content!
I re-did the downward's walking animation and made a gun firing animation. They both use my super-awesome animation system, obviously. The upwards one is in progress but I thought it looked funny enough and therefore deserved to be left in for hilarity's sake. This was recorded on my PC and the dude on the bottom is also me, playing on my iPhone.
Also I updated my automagic GIF screen recorder/uploader to work with ImageMagick to do a more optimized conversion from frame data -> GIF.
Pattern:Code:TestFormat: Text here!
I don't really know regex, but I fooled around on http://regexpal.com/ and it looks like I would've had to have used this to get the same output:
With my only reason for not using it gone, I gave it a try and I'm not disappointed. It's a really helpful addition to C++.
As for LuaBind; it took about a day to convert my old progress to it, but it's a massive boost to my coding rate, not having to write wrappers for everything.
I can do this by writing three functions
local ccc = cvar.CCommandCallback( function( cmd ) print "cmd called" end ) local cccc = cvar.CCommandCompletionCallback( function( partial ) print( "P", partial ) end ) testc = cvar.ConCommand( "ir_test", ccc, "HALP", 0, cccc ) local lua_run_c = cvar.CCommandCallback( function( cmd ) local f = loadstring( cmd.ArgS ) if f then f() else print.error["lua"]( "Error or something" ) end end ) local lua_run = cvar.ConCommand( "ir_lua_run", lua_run_c ) sv_cheats = icvar:FindVar("sv_cheats") local oldflags = sv_cheats.Flags local oldval = sv_cheats.string sv_cheats.Name = "not_sv_cheats" sv_cheats.Flags = 0 sv_cheats.int = 1 new_cheats = cvar.ConVar( "sv_cheats", "0", oldflags, sv_cheats.Help) new_cheats.Name = "sv_cheats" new_cheats.string = oldval
An easy way to deal with shapes, bodies and fixtures
The base class for entities. Ent is a manager of sorts.
I've checked and World:update(dt) is getting called as it should be, and that's about it.
I've also checked in my console about Body:setMassData. No matter what I set it to, Body:getMassData always returns four 0s.
Also; ignore PhysRect, I haven't worked on updating that. And feel free to judge my coding style and use of 1 letter variables.
It's the third argument for newBody.
I can't remember if Lua's .- works like that though...
Also, a question about the FP Lua SDK: connectors/luacurl.lua line 43:
string.match( r, "(.-) (.-) (.-)\n" )
What is this supposed to find? Apparently it's supposed to contain the status code, and the session token...
Ah yes, very important question. That would be represented with output that looks like this:
Where stuff in bold is (.-) and is the output you receive and nothing more, and underlined spaces are the spaces represented in the pattern, which are discarded. (The newline is also ignored as it is not in parentheses.)
Time to split myself into multiple threads and look for clues
Body types are static, dynamic, and kinematic. That wasn't very hard to find
Huge success. I just had to make the fourth argument "dynamic"
Starting something new!
SFML + libnoise
I'm already making huge progress, I just wish that 0, 0 was the origin of objects instead of their center
Also, those numeric sweeps don't compensate for the "timeout" return.
I'm making a pixel coord system thingy, but I probably need some sort of api for it since Java's built in graphics functions ain't good :(
(Click for 27434x88)
Brightness˛ is relative magnitude, orange is left channel only, blue is right only.
I'm running the simplified Goertzel algorithm on the piano key frequencies, the block size is adjusted for each pitch.
I'm using NAudio for decoding MP3. The image width is clamped to a maximum of 65000, otherwise .NET's PNG encoder would crash when saving.
Well, i just came up with this:
Not sure which one looks better, ignore the terrain generation
I just noticed that my terrain generation suffers from stair stepping. Ill go fix that