1. Post #3721
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,225 Posts
    Don't think so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #3722
    I watched a stream of a video game so that means I'm an authority on it!
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Does Hardcore earn you any better loot or is it just that you die only once?
    I know beating hardcore mode on inferno gets you a sick base for your banner. But I swear I remember hearing that there would be some differences in endgame hardcore loot to just normal loot.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3723
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,986 Posts
    I like how many abilities subtly synergize with each other. Like how the Diamond Skin rune that reduces arcane power costs by 7 works really well with spells like ray of frost or disintegrate.

Also, the Scoundrel has some of the best voice acting. I just love that sarcastic "aww" in the Kingsport Bill journal entry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #3724
    Gold Member

October 2009
    4,460 Posts
    is it just me or is the voice actor that does the demon hunter the same that did the english accent for Saints Row 3?

1:34 +

5:03 +
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3725

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts

Just found a blueprint for this, costs 50k to make and I found that cowbell at a vendor which costs 100k.

I wonder what it does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #3726
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    is it true that D3 is super short...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3727

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts
    is it true that D3 is super short...?
    Took me 12 hours.

Also, is anyone up for Nightmare? EU
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #3728
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    13,483 Posts
    took me 14h just finished it

level 33 barb ownzone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #3729
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,175 Posts
    what the fuck

a 12 hour SP? what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #3730

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts
    The time to complete it would probably increase massively the harder the difficulty.

11. Post #3731
    I don't wanna Dang ol' yo.
    September 2009
    10,039 Posts
    The time to complete it would probably increase massively the harder the difficulty.
    Plus the best loot is always found on the hardest settings.

12. Post #3732
    l l
    lmao

December 2011
    9,175 Posts
    what the fuck

a 12 hour SP? what?
    that was just how long it took him, I know someone speedran it in like 3-4 hours

13. Post #3733

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts
    I need friends to play nightmare please, I'm a Witch Doctor.

;_;

14. Post #3734
    l l
    lmao

December 2011
    9,175 Posts

;_;
    I totally would if I had it.

15. Post #3735
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    13,483 Posts

;_;
    hi

add me on steam tia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #3736

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts
    I totally would if I had it.
    :( Go and work the fields for dolla

17. Post #3737
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,781 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #3738
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,689 Posts
    Lol login is fine, float in a void for two hours get bored and quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3739
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    8,475 Posts
    Damn Error 3005

makes me wanna smash my computer.
    Never was able to log in :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #3740
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts

Just found a blueprint for this, costs 50k to make and I found that cowbell at a vendor which costs 100k.

I wonder what it does.
    That has defintly got to be one of the requirements for the secret level.

Yes there is one, here are the data mined models from it.

and also some text people found in the D3 files.

UnicornsandRainbows_Title_Tag - In the Land of Killer Unicorns
    UnicornsandRainbows_Description_Tag - Find the hidden level.

Also all the pictures have tentacle in their names.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #3741
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,841 Posts
    there is no secret cow level
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3742
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,277 Posts
    Guys, how do you continue downloading Diablo III? I accidently closed the window, but it refuses to continue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

23. Post #3743

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,996 Posts
    Guys, how do you continue downloading Diablo III? I accidently closed the window, but it refuses to continue.
    Load up the downloader and select the same folder you downloaded to, it will then check what you have downloaded and carry on.

24. Post #3744
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,277 Posts
    I did that. But it refuses. It downloads all the files again and overwrites the old ones

25. Post #3745
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,626 Posts
    Thereisnocowlevel

26. Post #3746
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,841 Posts
    youtube posted:
    You casuals* can play your hand-holding Diablo 3. I will be playing Diablo 2 all day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #3747
    Zar
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,277 Posts
    hipster trying to not be mainstream

28. Post #3748
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,841 Posts
    dunno where he got hand holding from, diablo 2 is simple enough and doesn't even use 1-4 keys

29. Post #3749
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    8,534 Posts
    Just beat the game on normal. Everything was pretty easy. Will try out nightmare later tonight on my barbarian and I'll probably start up a witch doctor or a wizard as well..

Ending was..ok..Could have been a bit better.
       They didn't really leave room for an expansion either. Diablo + all other 6 prime evils destroyed. Everything basically wrapped up. Only things I can think of are Imperius getting pissed off at tyrael again and forcing a battle against mortals or in the end where we saw the black soulstone falling they somehow get released again. But other than those 2 ideas I don't see any room for an expansion of any type. My friend thought the ending was kind of like the ending of a transformers movie. Everything is all happy and there is a deep voice talking about how some big force is teaming up with mortals. But I don't know. I thought the ending was okay but could have been a lot better at least in the cinematic.   

30. Post #3750
    I <3 Olivia Wilde
    December 2005
    800 Posts
    glass cannon demon hunter :D

31. Post #3751
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,044 Posts
    Could someone tell me the replay value of this game? After you beat the singleplayer, what else can you do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #3752
    November 2011
    1,808 Posts
    Could someone tell me the replay value of this game? After you beat the singleplayer, what else can you do?
    Play it again with friends or wait till pvp is out

Edited:

or play it again as another class, or play it again on another difficulty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events

33. Post #3753
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,225 Posts
    Reach max level. Get awesome gear. After beating it, that's what I'm doing and I'm having fun doing so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

34. Post #3754
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,893 Posts
    Just started Nightmare and its already so much more fun than normal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #3755
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,044 Posts
    Play it again with friends or wait till pvp is out

Edited:

or play it again as another class, or play it again on another difficulty
    Ah ok, so basically you re-run the same content again. That's fine though I had hoped to see some multiplayer extra's(Not even talking about pvp, just other game modes or arenas or whatever)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #3756
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,097 Posts
    Wow Totalbiscuit's view on the game was exactly what I was saying throughout the entire thread, He said the same things about the multiplayer, the weaponry (uniqueness), the linearity of the skill system and how Torchlight 2 seems just more open and fun in general. At least I have some support.

Edited:

No, see you missed the point entirely.

Giving players a single player like that will allow people to figure out how to hack and all that much easier.

The reason its online only is so Blizzard can keep all your stuff on there servers so if you wanted to hack you would need to hack Blizzards servers, so have fun for anyone that wants to try that.

Having it on single player and offline would add things to being client sided so people would have more control over there characters that way since they would be saved on your computer.

That means people would have more access to shit making it easier to hack.

That is why this game is online only, having offline mode and singleplayer in Diablo 2 is what allowed people to hack and dupe.
    And... Why is it not possible to allow you to make single-player only characters, the system is ridiculous regardless of whatever justification they have. I realise they can't patch in Singleplayer now but they should have thought about this from the ground up, it's a terrible oversight.

37. Post #3757
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Wow Totalbiscuit's view on the game was exactly what I was saying throughout the entire thread, at least I have some support.
    I just listened to it also, but he didnt realize that having the single player in Diablo 2, which was separate from the multiplayer, which is what he suggested should have been in Diablo 3, is the main reason why item duping, and hacks were able to be made.

If there was an offline mode for separate single player characters, that means somewhere on your computer were saved files for these characters, just like Diablo 2 had, even if you had to connect once and then be able to go offline, there would still be files on your computer because the info has to come from somewhere to load your character whiles its offline. Giving people access to that makes it easier to hack there characters and the game in general since its giving you access to more shit.

Also, having the RMAH was pretty much needed, I dont know if you realize how serious third partys selling Diablo 2 items, a lot of them just hacked and duped, for a shitload of money really is.
    They were able to sell an endless supply of items for a lot of money.

You can say there shouldnt be a RMAH but that wouldnt stop people from selling and buying items by any means, at least its regulated.

It sucks that there is always online and I dont agree with it, but I can at least see why Blizzard did it with Diablo 3.

No one complains about steam always having to be online to play your games, yes there is offline mode but it almost never works and only works on certain games.

38. Post #3758
    November 2010
    1,337 Posts
    After watching totalbiscuits mailbox, i Googled 'err', its true that the first suggested response is 'error 37'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #3759
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,097 Posts
    Another solution could just be to make it so that singleplayer characters can't sell items in the Auction house only buy them, that would be a simple fix for people duping or hacking items. Also you missed his point HoodedSniper he meant that you should be able to make Singeplayer only characters, in otherwords to get any of the multiplayer functionality you would need to make a separate character and would be forced to play online. That would easily resolve the issues of duping etc because people could only do that with their offline-characters.

I'm just saying there are so many methods they could have picked to deal with this problem, there is clearly no other reason they would choose the worst possible option other then to enforce some kind of DRM. I mean unless they're just completely stupid.

In my personal opinion the RMAH system doesn't even belong in this type of game anyway, it reeks of nothing more but for a quick way to turn the game into a cash cow, but I guess that's a different argument for another day.

Also Steam is a platform for purchasing games it's very different from being implemented directly into the game, when you buy from Steam you make the conscious choice of maybe only being able to access your content online, you could very easily purchase the game retail if you believe you may need to access your game offline. Also Steam is a service that people rarely have issue with in terms of connectivity (very different from this whole Error 37 debacle), and because most of their game library is already there, it makes sense they would choose to purchase more games onto it to keep it all in one place for easy access.

Also I've never had problems with playing games offline maybe that's just me, but Diablo 3 is a whole different can of worms, there is no choice being made by the consumer, if you put down 35 like I did, and you didn't get to play the game that you physically owned within the first 24 hours, that's atrocious and there's really no comparison out there at the moment for that kind of terrible service.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3760
    Dennab
    May 2007
    7,377 Posts
    Another solution could just be to make it so that singleplayer characters can't sell items in the Auction house only buy them, that would be a simple fix for people duping or hacking items. Also you missed his point HoodedSniper he meant that you should be able to make Singeplayer only characters, in otherwords to get any of the multiplayer functionality you would need to make a separate character and would be forced to play online. That would easily resolve the issues of duping etc because people could only do that with their offline-characters.

I'm just saying there are so many methods they could have picked to deal with this problem, there is clearly no other reason they would choose the worst possible option other then to enforce some kind of DRM. I mean unless they're just completely stupid.

Also Steam is a platform for purchasing games it's very different from being implemented directly into the game, when you buy from Steam you make the conscious choice of maybe only being able to access your content online, you could very easily purchase the game retail if you believe you may need to access your game offline. Also Steam is a service that people rarely have issue with in terms of connectivity (very different from this whole Error 37 debacle), and because most of their game library is already there, it makes sense they would choose to purchase more games onto it to keep it all in one place for easy access.

Also I've never had problems with playing games offline maybe that's just me, but Diablo 3 is a whole different can of worms, there is no choice being made by the consumer, if you put down 35 like I did, and you didn't get to play the game that you physically owned within the first 24 hours, that's atrocious and there's really no comparison out there at the moment for that kind of terrible service.
    Dude you are completely missing it still.

If there was offline you would have access to what files your characters data is saved in and all that shit.

Which then would let you use that stuff to figure out how to hack in the main game online.

That is how singleplayer in Diablo 2 led to hacks in multiplayer.

You arnt making hacks for singleplayer, you use the access you get from having offline characters and information saved to your computer and make hacks out of that shit for multiplayer.