1. Post #5441
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,255 Posts
    What's the more economical way to get squares? Do I craft them or sell these and buy them?

Buy them, but don't forget to look a bit at them first, the price of square rubys sometimes goes down to 5k and then returns to 10k, just sell your gems high and buy them low.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

2. Post #5442
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,662 Posts
    Buy them, but don't forget to look a bit at them first, the price of square rubys sometimes goes down to 5k and then returns to 10k, just sell your gems high and buy them low.
    Square rubies are about 1.5k right now (at least in NA)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5443
    November 2008
    877 Posts
    Pretty good for my first legendary in my opinion. I keep wasting my money on the Auction house and it's starting to really bug me, Anyway to farm for gold? Or just keep levelling?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #5444
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,985 Posts
    Just buy them, it's a hell of a lot cheaper then combining all of those gems.
    I'd think anyone selling them would be making sure to sell them for more than it cost them to combine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #5445
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,463 Posts
    Most likely. It's been too long since I cleaned it. I sure hope it's not dying, I can't afford a new one and I just bought this game.
    This is literally me a week ago.
    Same card and everything.

6. Post #5446
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    Finished Hell mode, Inferno is gonna split me a new asshole tomorrow.

7. Post #5447
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,881 Posts
    Finding it hard to carry on playing. Im on hell, but with work and other things the guy i played mostly with has gone. and public quest update points are really spread out, so i end up leaving before i get there, and have to do it all again.

i find newgame+ a bad way of adding playtime. was hoping for more than the 8 hours i spent plodding through normal before killing diablo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #5448
    November 2008
    877 Posts
    Well Diablo 3 has taken up 46 hours of my life so far (Spread over my 43 Witch Doctor and 26 Demon Hunter). Act II of Nightmare is fucking annoying, Mainly the wasps. I dread to think of them on Hell and Inferno.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #5449
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,731 Posts
    What primary attack do you guys use for the barbarian on Nightmare and above? I've been using Bash with the extra shockwave for more damage rune (2nd or 3rd one?). It's been working okay but I've wondered if it's the most effective for my 1 hand + shield loadout.

10. Post #5450
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,526 Posts
    The second tier squares drop pretty frequently for me.. You could always spend the gold but chances are you'll load up on them.

Sockets really aren't that great considering they take up a property slot..

Edited:

Inferno.... I have no words... If the zombies are killing me how do I stand a chance?
    Stick and move. (Attack, kite, and regroup)
    Join a public game and grind the same first 3 elite mobs. (Don't expect to even get to the cathedral)
    Have a friend carry you through act2 for easy loot.
    Farm disgusting amounts of gold in hell (stack goldfind) so you can buy adequate gear on the AH.

All the while expect to death-bypass/run-away from the ridiculous mob combinations like vortex/mortar or jailer/arcane. Look up the optimal build and stick with it for the rest of Inferno.

Welcome to Diablo 3 endgame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #5451
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,547 Posts
    Square rubies are about 1.5k right now (at least in NA)
    Yea I haven't actually checked the gem prices for a few days, back then they were 5 figure digits for the price. Super cheap now.

12. Post #5452
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,881 Posts
    What primary attack do you guys use for the barbarian on Nightmare and above? I've been using Bash with the extra shockwave for more damage rune (2nd or 3rd one?). It's been working okay but I've wondered if it's the most effective for my 1 hand + shield loadout.
    Either frenzy for bosses or cleave for aoe intensive parts

13. Post #5453
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,208 Posts
    Any Wizards in the house?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

14. Post #5454
    January 2012
    87 Posts

Act III on Nightmare with a friend of mine. Just found my first legendary (Chaingmail) and bought the other two for upgrades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #5455
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    10,901 Posts
    I'd think anyone selling them would be making sure to sell them for more than it cost them to combine.
    You starting finding a good amount of squares in Hell.

16. Post #5456
    February 2010
    1,196 Posts
    Ok, I just picked up this game, level 12 Witch Doctor and I went nuts with the auction house.
    My DPS is around 53.2 or something along those lines, what spells should I take while leveling with friends?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Hong Kong Show Events

17. Post #5457
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,323 Posts
    "Bought" a square ruby and emerald off the AH, but it completely bugged out on me. I now have this random 50 gold in my completed tab that I can't send to my stash. And it even tells me that I completed the purchase on the square ruby and emerald, but I'm seeing nothing.

Now every time I buy a fucking ruby or emerald, no matter the quality of the gem, I immediately get some retarded bug. Error 31071 for future reference. I was somehow able to buy a radiant but now I can't do anything at all.

I'm just gonna go to sleep and hopefully the problem will fix itself tomorrow.

edit: A lot of people are apparently getting this too according to Google. Hopefully Blizzard fixes this.

edit 2: My current dps.

I've been using a lot same gear for almost 10 levels now, resulting in me being very squishy. I'm going to have to sacrifice my damage for health later on. It's gonna hurt though ;_;
    The hat is level 21 and the shoulder is level 27.

18. Post #5458
    Change your title $1
    September 2010
    892 Posts
    Inferno.... I have no words... If the zombies are killing me how do I stand a chance?
    You should stay in hell for a while and farm gear/cash. Start with the 'kill Azmoden' quest and clear the whole 4th act after that.

Do it several times until your gear matches your level (either drops or auction house).

It should be easier after that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5459
    SERGEANT OF THE MASTER SERGEANTS MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF EXTREME SERGEANTS TO THE MAX
    June 2010
    2,008 Posts

My level 60 wizard, trying to play inferno, can't even get past Act 1, die in about 2-3 hits

20. Post #5460
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,079 Posts
    Is the secret level a good place to farm gold? (JUST GOT ZOMBIE BEARS FORREAL)

21. Post #5461
    November 2008
    1,308 Posts
    Is this AH issue common?

I bought a few items about a half hour ago, two of the three arrived just fine moments after I bought them. The third one took my money (direct buyout) but has yet to arrive in my completed items. It's listed as my having bought the item but doesn't show up for me to place it into my stash yet.

Also, lag and AH issues aside, the game has been a ton of fun so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #5462
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,450 Posts
    Is this AH issue common?

I bought a few items about a half hour ago, two of the three arrived just fine moments after I bought them. The third one took my money (direct buyout) but has yet to arrive in my completed items. It's listed as my having bought the item but doesn't show up for me to place it into my stash yet.

Also, lag and AH issues aside, the game has been a ton of fun so far.
    The same happened to me. The item will show up at some point. Took me 2 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

23. Post #5463
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    7,010 Posts
    And they nerfed Force Armor.
    Welcome to Inferno, my dear wizards!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #5464
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,526 Posts

My level 60 wizard, trying to play inferno, can't even get past Act 1, die in about 2-3 hits
    That's some pretty massive dps, you shouldn't have a problem if you trade for a few CC spells..

25. Post #5465
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,266 Posts

"Sir, people are whining that the only classes that can solo Inferno are Demon Hunter and Wizard, should we buff the other classes?"

"No, nerf everything into oblivion so EVERYONE will get 1shot in Inferno and nobody will ever play Inferno again."

Seriously, why would you not buff the other classes? Not to mention, why balance anything in a CO-OP game. Look at D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #5466
    Lieutenant-General of the United FP Alliance
    April 2011
    7,010 Posts
    "Sir, people are whining that the only classes that can solo Inferno are Demon Hunter and Wizard, should we buff the other classes?"

"No, nerf everything into oblivion so EVERYONE will get 1shot in Inferno and nobody will ever play Inferno again."

Seriously, why would you not buff the other classes? Not to mention, why balance anything in a CO-OP game. Look at D2.
    Inferno is not for solo. And wizards is not for tanking.
    I'm currently stuck with Diablo at Nightmare. It's 2-shot me with his Shadow. And every time I think about Hell - I shit myself.
    And if you all remember, D2 has a shitload of patches, mostly balancing ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Israel Show Events

27. Post #5467
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,231 Posts

Does this kind of setup work in hell/nightmare aswell?

Like can I still keep goin STR and VIT, I'm currently lvl 39 in Nightmare and this build has worked wonders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #5468

Gobshite

November 2011
    4,993 Posts

Does this kind of setup work in hell/nightmare aswell?

Like can I still keep goin STR and VIT, I'm currently lvl 39 in Nightmare and this build has worked wonders.
    Yeah that's the kind of thing you wanna go for, everyone needs more vitality and survivability skills to keep them going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #5469
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    Any Wizards in the house?
    We're all hiding in the shadows.

Edited:

Is this true? Yesterday people started saying the nerfed it but it was wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #5470
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,633 Posts
    and people wonder why pirates exist

I'm trying to give you my MONEY blizzard just take it okay

nooo we dont accept credit cards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

31. Post #5471
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    9,012 Posts

infernos a challenge, and people play it for the challenge

if you dont want a challenge then dont complain!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5472
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,766 Posts
    Started a Monk... 3 other friends started one with me.. Rolling through Normal mode like you wouldn't even fucking believe. About mid way through act 2, and it is ridiculously easy right now. Usually this is the part where the fights are evening out. Maybe it's because of Hell and Inferno mode, but with 4 monks Normal mode is s a joke, and I thought it was easy before

I've also never hit something so hard it flew off my screen in a single frame before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #5473
    Buy Some Apples
    Dennab
    April 2008
    6,489 Posts

if you cant do inferno go back to hell~ ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #5474
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,174 Posts
    Started a Monk... 3 other friends started one with me.. Rolling through Normal mode like you wouldn't even fucking believe. About mid way through act 2, and it is ridiculously easy right now. Usually this is the part where the fights are evening out. Maybe it's because of Hell and Inferno mode, but with 4 monks Normal mode is s a joke, and I thought it was easy before

I've also never hit something so hard it flew off my screen in a single frame before
    Best run I have done so far was two monks, one a tank and the other DPS, a hybrid Barbarian, and a completely glass cannon 18k DPS Wizard grinding Act 3/Act 4 Hell. We were just a (mostly) nonstop wrecking ball. Three melee classes, two of which are set up specifically to survive and control the fights, meant that our main source of damage was sitting comfortably back Disintegrating everything. Was pretty great, got about 5 upgrades in a couple hours after hitting 60.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #5475
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,957 Posts
    Bored of Starter Edition now I want to level my Demon Hunter and go past Act 1.
    Can't find anywhere to buy it from though, where's the cheapest place I can get a digital download in EU?

36. Post #5476
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,526 Posts
    infernos a challenge, and people play it for the challenge

if you dont want a challenge then dont complain!!!!!!!!!
    I like a good challenge.. I want a good challenge, but I don't want a good challenge of my patience.

Outdoors these extra-extra HP monsters are bearable but indoors it's just a matter of dying and respawning to whittle down their health.

Sure, I guess that's not very valid as all blizzard has to tweak are spreadsheet numbers. It wouldn't be so bad if the "countless viable builds" were anything but! You're "pigeon-holed" into sticking with only the passive/active skills that give you HP/make you invulnerable/lets you flee. This means that you are forced into cornering a mob and whittling down their health with no option for variety in gameplay.

This all implies that you are intended to play Inferno (and Hell, to a smaller degree). And in a game that's all about getting the best loot it sure gets boring as fuck.

Edited:

Best run I have done so far was two monks, one a tank and the other DPS, a hybrid Barbarian, and a completely glass cannon 18k DPS Wizard grinding Act 3/Act 4 Hell. We were just a (mostly) nonstop wrecking ball. Three melee classes, two of which are set up specifically to survive and control the fights, meant that our main source of damage was sitting comfortably back Disintegrating everything. Was pretty great, got about 5 upgrades in a couple hours after hitting 60.
    I lucked out on a chance for a similar set up on an Inferno skeleton king run. Nothing but CC and a friendly chinese witch-doctor with 20k (unbuffed) dps..

37. Post #5477
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,174 Posts
    Hell is when you are forced to make certain builds, atleast Monks/Barbs. Inferno is nearly unplayable right now for melee, with most progression being done by just skipping all the elite packs and kiting the white packs that hit you for a quarter of your 50k health, rocking 4k armor and 40% resistances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #5478
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,566 Posts
    I'm a level 33 Wizard and I only do 264 DPS. :(

I can't find anything good I can afford on the action house ether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #5479
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    3,745 Posts
    I'm a level 33 Wizard and I only do 264 DPS. :(

I can't find anything good I can afford on the action house ether.
    Do you not pick up items???

40. Post #5480
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    Hell is when you are forced to make certain builds, atleast Monks/Barbs. Inferno is nearly unplayable right now for melee, with most progression being done by just skipping all the elite packs and kiting the white packs that hit you for a quarter of your 50k health, rocking 4k armor and 40% resistances.
    My barbarian brother found a way to become pretty much immortal, he stacked a fuckton of resistances and used the shout that doubles your resistances, now he's immortal in act 1. However in act 2 he get's buttfucked. I'm running a hybrid tank wizard build with the lowhp-life-per-sec build and it's working wonders, even before I had low hp I could do act 2. However there are a few packs you can't kill.

Edited:

Also somebody asked if your block was counted after force armor, it does I just tested it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events