1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,399 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 99Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,058 Posts
    cant believe bf2 ended up being a bigger disappointment than the first one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 61Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,878 Posts
    cant believe bf2 ended up being a bigger disappointment than the first one
    And i REALLY didnt think was possible!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2015
    281 Posts
    How do you fuck up this bad

5. Post #5
    February 2013
    10,858 Posts
    How do you fuck up this bad
    1. By not giving a shit
    2. Being the only competition in town, since they have exclusive rights to all Star Wars games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,866 Posts
    I feel like more games that come out on frostbite the worse it gets. Visually it looks amazing but it has so many flaws on a core level
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

7. Post #7
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,827 Posts
    1. By not giving a shit
    2. Being the only competition in town, since they have exclusive rights to all Star Wars games.
    It seems to be a reoccurring issue with devs using Frostbite and not being given enough time to get their teams up to scratch with it. There's two teams that aren't native to Frostbite working on this project, ever since EA threw all their teams onto that engine they've produced buggy messes. Sure - DICE know how to use it but Criterion & Motive probably aren't as familiar with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,602 Posts
    The lead devs on frostbite still, to this day, can't even have players vault over objects properly. It's a massive bug that's existed since Battlefield 3 and it gets worse with every game. In BF1 it's nearly impossible to consistently vault over STATIC objects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 37Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,633 Posts
    The lead devs on frostbite still, to this day, can't even have players vault over objects properly. It's a massive bug that's existed since Battlefield 3 and it gets worse with every game. In BF1 it's nearly impossible to consistently vault over STATIC objects.
    it's because objects and object collisions are made with latency and delays in mind, and the map being a huge collection of models really screws over an engine that originally had brush-based terrain as that allowed for deformation in games like bad company 2. it looks beautiful but on a technical level it's becoming patchwork the more games DICE puts out on it. it's probably a nightmare to work with regardless as neither DICE nor studios that own the license like bioware can make a game with it that doesn't have map-related bugs and collision problems in it. see andromeda or inquisition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,892 Posts
    Relevant

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2007
    1,431 Posts
    There is just this floaty feeling to Frostbite games, not sure what it is. It's especially noticeable in the DICE games, and it really detaches me from the game. Really wish they'd just make the engine easier to use and feel more satisfying.

And this campaign already looks about as terrible as the previous ones. I was hoping to at least have a decent story given the people behind Motive Studios but since    the main character defects to the Rebellion just like every single other Imperial of past games    looks like they might as well have saved themselves the trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

12. Post #12
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,653 Posts
    It seems to be a reoccurring issue with devs using Frostbite and not being given enough time to get their teams up to scratch with it. There's two teams that aren't native to Frostbite working on this project, ever since EA threw all their teams onto that engine they've produced buggy messes. Sure - DICE know how to use it but Criterion & Motive probably aren't as familiar with it.
    Even DICE don't know how to use it. (Battlefield 3 and 4) Frostbite's handling of AI and characters has always been terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    652 Posts
    And this campaign already looks about as terrible as the previous ones. I was hoping to at least have a decent story given the people behind Motive Studios but since    the main character defects to the Rebellion just like every single other Imperial of past games    looks like they might as well have saved themselves the trouble.
    Talk about a fucking slap to the face. Don't you love it when game companies just straight up lie to you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    August 2017
    167 Posts
    who honestly thought it would be a good idea to have every enemy in the game be an A.I controlled player character
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    1,965 Posts
    I was hoping to at least have a decent story given the people behind Motive Studios but since    the main character defects to the Rebellion just like every single other Imperial of past games    looks like they might as well have saved themselves the trouble.
    Kinda funny since in OG Battlefront II the    player character stays loyal to the Empire up until they die sometime after the Battle of Hoth.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 25Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2009
    725 Posts
    who honestly thought it would be a good idea to have every enemy in the game be an A.I controlled player character
    That's how games generally do NPCs. It's a perfectly valid solution and sometimes even better than alternatives. The issue is solely the shitty AI, and not what the AI controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2010
    1,936 Posts
    Remember Battlefield 4 singleplayer campaign?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,461 Posts
    Could only wish I still had my recordings
    just so many issues with that game

even the credits finish before they're meant to

19. Post #19
    March 2010
    1,936 Posts
    I was wondering how the hell they managed to finish an SP campaign in around 1.5-2 years of development time. Even with all the reused content ("don't need to do Endor again, we've scanned and modeled everything we need!") and it's short length it's still a massive undertaking.
    I thought it was EAs "6 studios working on the same game at the same time" approach - turns out they didn't really finish the campaign

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    9,373 Posts
    Watching this makes me so happy knowing I refunded the game. What a shitshow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,602 Posts
    Couldn't you completely mess up one of the levels by turning around and driving slightly backwards?

22. Post #22
    October 2011
    1,521 Posts
    Couldn't you completely mess up one of the levels by turning around and driving slightly backwards?

turn your volume down at the end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 79 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2014
    692 Posts

turn your volume down at the end
    Amazing how a helicopter in 2004 armed only with a machine gun (for the first part atleast) seems more alive than one from 2013.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 38Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,491 Posts
    Haddockbanker's videos on EA games are usually his best. I've already posted his Andromeda masterpiece so have the old BF ones to see just how little has actually changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 12Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts
    I played the singleplayer earlier in the year. At one point I was moving toward my objective when I thought "I should probably go back and grab that shotgun, there's a close quarters bit that I remember coming up." When I turned around the entire level behind me had unloaded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,106 Posts
    Levels in MOH:Warfighter glitched out when the player would simply move backwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

27. Post #27
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,175 Posts
    MOH:Warfighter
    Hey I made a video about that game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    dai

February 2006
    30,273 Posts
    Relevant

post is outdated by about 12 hours right now but https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...ted_for_ea_oc/

current count is -682k and I couldn't tell you what those other ea comments topping the chart are right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 43Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,838 Posts
    at this point I can't help but assume it's gone way beyond normal reddit user downvotes,I know you can buy reddit votes, If it's eclipsed every other post tenfold, it can't still be just your every day reddit users at this point.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,923 Posts
    at this point I can't help but assume it's gone way beyond normal reddit user downvotes,I know you can buy reddit votes, If it's eclipsed every other post tenfold, it can't still be just your every day reddit users at this point.
    You know you fucked up badly when people would rather pay for downvote bots than your "lootboxes".

And I bet some people made a Reddit account just to downvote, given how widespread this is and how many people generally love Star Wars but hate EA's kind of greed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 39Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,309 Posts
    Watching this makes me so happy knowing I refunded the game. What a shitshow.
    You shouldn't feel happy that you had to refund what could have been a nice recovery for this series.

I feel angry but at the same time not at all surprised it turned out this way

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,651 Posts
    I'm still trying to figure out why people thought EA wouldn't be EA, after being EA with the first one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Zing Zing x 17Agree Agree x 8 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    29,225 Posts
    You shouldn't feel happy that you had to refund what could have been a nice recovery for this series.

I feel angry but at the same time not at all surprised it turned out this way
    eh, star wars will continue to exist and shit out media on every front constantly for the rest of our lives, it doesn't really matter that this attempt at making a star wars battlefield game could go bad really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,602 Posts
    There's actually a couple cool sequences I saw later in the game involving actually roaming around as some of the hero characters in 'safe' locations.

Where is that game? I want to play a game like that... Just remake the Lego Star Wars trilogy, but full scale.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,961 Posts
    The original Battlefront 2 was what really got me into both Star Wars and first person shooters.

At E3, the unveiling and gameplay of the new one was probably one of my highlights of the show and at the time it was my most anticipated title of the year.

During the Beta I enjoyed the base gameplay but was a little put off with the addition of COF bloom and recoil, something that wasn't present in the original or the initial reboot and something I felt wasn't necessary in Battlefront. I posted this on the forums and initially I was told by some that I had to be a shitter, that there was no way I could be arguing against a recoil mechanic without being a no-skill baddie and I couldn't have any other reason for thinking that way despite having over 1k hours altogether in Battlefield and similar games. Eventually, an EA staff moderator informed me that the change was because it was positive feedback they had received from their EA Game Changers program, AKA 'A focus group of EA-friendly youtubers who play a shitload of Battlefield.' I was put off, but the infantry gameplay still wasn't BAD or anything and the space combat was fantastic, so I figured I'd still be buying.

Then the microtransactions. At first I figured I'd live with it and I wouldn't buy any, and the grind probably wouldn't be too bad. Then it turned out the grind was disgustingly terrible. I figured I'd wait to buy and it'd probably get better, and if nothing else I was pretty excited for the Imperial campaign, which sounds like a fresh change of pace from some pretty samey and boring plots as of recent.

Then it turned out Iden defects to the Rebels after 3 missions of playing as her with the Imperials.   

I'm so bummed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,971 Posts
    Levels in MOH:Warfighter glitched out when the player would simply move backwards.
    Hey I made a video about that game
    Warfighter, huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    What fun is there in making sense?
    October 2007
    11,182 Posts
    Between Battlefront 2, and NFS, does EA have any big releases left this year that aren't seeing huge public disapproval? I wonder what their Q4 earnings will look like, compared to expectations...

38. Post #38
    October 2017
    71 Posts
    The problem with Frostbite is that its being forced to do things it was never designed to do.

Andromeda's biggest failure is that they were forced to use Frostbite which has ZERO RPG elements in it.

Edited:

Frostbite is EA's version of Cryengine basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    🚿💩🚿 just do it in the shower and stomp it down the drain asd 🚿💩🚿
    September 2008
    3,713 Posts
    the AI at 0:33 is straight out of Max Payne 2.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,535 Posts
    I've never noticed this? I've actually always thought the vaulting in Battlefield games were top notch. You can vault over objects without feeling like you're getting stuck in an animation that has to be lined up perfectly with the geometry to work right. It always seemed really fluid and easy to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)