1. Post #161
    May 2016
    321 Posts
    Could you please help me what angle should I choose for this scene? Or I have been thinking about 1st person but I am not sure.

Since I also want to have a view on the scenebuild.

My direction would be to lower the camera closer to ground level behind BJ angled upwards to show the full Blazko Kablamo. Positioned probably to the right a bit, to show him twirling his pistol as well as what he's doing to the Nazi there. Sort of like the first pic there but further down and further back.

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,018 Posts
    dring dring

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    Immediately thought of Heroes & Generals bicycle sound.

Edited:

Proceeded a little

4. Post #164
    April 2011
    466 Posts
    Could you please help me what angle should I choose for this scene? Or I have been thinking about 1st person but I am not sure.

something like this would fit pretty well i think

5. Post #165
    May 2016
    321 Posts

Doin' a WIP, any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,873 Posts
    That citizen up there on the roof is probably scared shitless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    773 Posts
    I'd say put a corpse or two on the ground, doesn't have to be fresh or anything. Maybe put a derelict car and some gas pumps in what looks like to be a Gas Station.

8. Post #168
    June 2016
    23 Posts
    Hey guys its my first time posting here and i wanted to ask for some tips on this scene I'm making. I'm trying to make the Kashyyyk swamp/beach from Battlefront 2, here is a picture of my current progress:

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    773 Posts
    We can't see it, are you using [img] or [t] tags?

10. Post #170
    June 2016
    23 Posts
    I put [img] and [/img] at the end. I've never really uploaded an image on Facepunch before.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,873 Posts
    Hey guys its my first time posting here and i wanted to ask for some tips on this scene I'm making. I'm trying to make the Kashyyyk swamp/beach from Battlefront 2, here is a picture of my current progress:
    Welcome aboard, you should put the image link itself in the [img] brackets, you posted the imgur link, so https://i.imgur.com/9LK4s4q.jpg instead of https://imgur.com/9LK4s4q

Good stuff! the green color on the unit is weird, though. Where'd you get that vegetation from?

12. Post #172
    May 2016
    321 Posts
    I put [img] and [/img] at the end. I've never really uploaded an image on Facepunch before.
    Ah, I think you need to right click the image and select "copy image adress" instead of the website link. That should sort it

13. Post #173
    June 2016
    23 Posts
    The vegetation is from Stalker, CK's detailed scenebuild props and The Masks SBMP and thanks for clearing things up for me guys :D

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,265 Posts
    i've redone the editing on my abandoned droid poster; for comparison i'll post the older one too

i'm surprised how heavily a couple of filters, some CCing and two gradient map tones enhance an old picture

15. Post #175
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    8,152 Posts
    and yet you kept the weird artificial dof

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,265 Posts
    and yet you kept the weird artificial dof
    yeah

because i like it

17. Post #177
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    When I first saw it I thought its not gmod or sfm.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    November 2014
    123 Posts
    Hi all, I am working on a WIP involving the theme of a dinner scene inside castle themed room currently I am focused on building the background first and I am wondering how can I improve the scene what angle, and what should be added.

First Shot:

Entire room shot:

19. Post #179
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    I would add a second statue to the right corner and the big painting above the windows. Also adding more stuff on the table - flower in the middle, more plates and varieties of food would be pretty good if you really want to make it feel like a dinner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,018 Posts
    Any ideas about the lighting I could give to this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,265 Posts
    Any ideas about the lighting I could give to this?

a dull, cloudy atmosphere with evenly-lit surroundings and a bit of fog, perhaps even dense enough to cut off the end of the scene

i think it'd fit really well for a morning aftermath

22. Post #182
    February 2015
    13 Posts
    Trying to do a Korean War kind of thing here.

Any tips or criticisms?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #183
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    I am really liking this emptiness. I usually like the opposite - a lot of things and such but this is simple and looks cool. If you will nail the atmosphere, then you have a winner from me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    February 2015
    13 Posts
    Although not fully completely finished I think the image has turned out quite well so far.

I hope I didn't overcrowd the scene, kinda ruining the atmosphere I was going for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,873 Posts
    Each new addition also takes something away.

26. Post #186
    January 2012
    302 Posts
    i'm having some trouble with the model on the right, who's got some really fucky shading as you can see.

chopped his face off and elevated it to its own layer so i could make it black and white and invert the colors.

that's the shading i'm looking for, but i don't know how to set the layer so that it discriminates for just the shadows. any ideas? program i'm using is paint.net and i did not save this scene so i have what i have.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,257 Posts
    this can be fixed by not relying on shitty Source map lighting and using a dark map with lamps instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    January 2012
    302 Posts
    this can be fixed by not relying on shitty Source map lighting and using a dark map with lamps instead
    cool shit. now what can i do with what i have.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,257 Posts
    not much at all, honestly. thank the engine for that.

Edited:

you CAN try the shading thing you were experimenting with there of course, but it's going to be tricky

30. Post #190
    January 2012
    302 Posts
    not much at all, honestly. thank the engine for that.

Edited:

you CAN try the shading thing you were experimenting with there of course, but it's going to be tricky
    where would i start with that?

31. Post #191
    August 2017
    30 Posts
    snipped

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,257 Posts
    creating entries beforehand is cheating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #193
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    that and also please, dont use png ffs, many people already said its not worth unless you are gonna take a poster 5 or poster 6 command and then scale it down and convert to jpg

34. Post #194
    April 2016
    127 Posts
    Not sure what else to add besides some more soldiers.

35. Post #195
    August 2017
    30 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    773 Posts
    Think of it as at a starting line for a race and you step on the gas before the race was even scheduled. Also, don't take everything so personally, you keep that attitude and your not going to last long here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    May 2016
    321 Posts
    Not sure what else to add besides some more soldiers.
    Angle the camera up a bit. Dead space at the bottom is confusing my brain

38. Post #198
    January 2013
    2,386 Posts
    He stated in a public forum that he was going to do one. The only thing he doesnt have sorted out if I'm not mistaken is the reward or more so, how to distribute that reward. So how am I cheating because I started on what the contest is?

My second point is that neither of you gave me the help that I asked for nicely and that's all good and well if you can't or rather not. but I got instead a lecture about png when the dude above posted his work that YOU, Roblix, gave your critique of, as png right below you.
    About the contest thing - it is a common rule, dude.

About the pic, I say that to anyone, no matter who it is. In that other dude's case, he at least posted a png of a done pic even tho the png is not really needed and he could have easily convert it to jpg but in your case you posted a png image of a WIP which is even more stupid and please, dont take it personally because no one is gonna stand that shit, ok?

39. Post #199
    November 2017
    54 Posts
    For sure, everything in there minus the cars, the soldier and the tank are part of an update I'm making for this pack : https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1559127

Edited:

More progress

That can't be gmod, too realistic looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox Show Events Late Late x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,257 Posts
    you haven't seen much i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)