1. Post #361
    September 2013
    1,260 Posts
    Are there any mods based on those turret defense levels in Entanglement?

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,904 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 13Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #363
    August 2017
    46 Posts
    Oh, if there are any mods with a converted combine sentry gun available all game, I'd be overjoyed.

I saw Half-Life 2 as a game that kept throwing toys at me. Bullets? Standard. Gravity Gun? Excellent. Wildlife abuse? Creative. Sentries? Oh my lord! Gravity Gun+? HELL YEAH!

Especially the sentries kept me entertained during Entanglement. I even remember taking one sentry from the control room for later encounters, naming it Snetry and quicksaving aggressively to avoid Alyx and her doors separating me from it. Snetry did it's job well at being a bullet spray and I had tons of fun keeping it up, moving crates to defend it from enemy fire and moving that gear up TF2 style. The physics elements adding depth and no repairing made for a fun shootout in bits like the darkened corridor with red flashgrenade enemies. And when the climactic teleportation out of Nova Prospekt began, I knew that Valve wouldn't let me have my dear Snetry with me. Nevertheless, I hugged the cold device and as the warping effects started to spin around me, I hoped for the best.

Needless to say, I was a little disappointed by Half-Life 2 not realizing that some strange Engineer wannabes wanted to haul their sentries all game, but the Striders, Elites and the Citadel with it's one last toy almost made me forget.

Rest in peace Snetry, you were one damn good swiss cheese maker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,475 Posts
    Played it. excellent

Although somewhat short, it's well worth the previous advertissement/hype. bonus points for glock/mp5 using LD models

get on it boyz

gruel is people   

great soundtrack too (if you're into that genre)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #365

April 2011
    297 Posts
    Well, it's indeed 1 hour of good ol' FPS like all old times, with an ost Soundwave.

There is some replay value in the shape of trophies. I got 2 of 6.

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,602 Posts
    Also just finished Caged, it's really well made. It's too short to get intense though, but it's definitely fun nonetheless.

7. Post #367

December 2011
    1,091 Posts
    Hmm, I think it's pretty intense since it's all hitscan enemies. I feel like there are some areas you can't get through without taking damage.

Can anyone explain those achievements? I only got Nuclear Sunrise.

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,602 Posts
    Hmm, I think it's pretty intense since it's all hitscan enemies. I feel like there are some areas you can't get through without taking damage.

Can anyone explain those achievements? I only got Nuclear Sunrise.
       The banana one is finding a prisoner's banana hidden in his shitbucket (the cell that has a palmtree poster)   

I can't remember the rest, but I got 4 out of 6 on my first playthrough. Nuclear Sunrise is the one for completing the mod.

9. Post #369
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    I had a thought recently that the setting, characters, weapons, and enemies in HL1 would make for a killer Metroidvania style game. Like you even get a movement upgrade at the end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    🚿💩🚿 just do it in the shower and stomp it down the drain asd 🚿💩🚿
    September 2008
    3,722 Posts
    CAGED was pretty fun. It has sweet music and I got my ass kicked a couple of times as well.

I wanted to see if I could get to the boat without fighting the helicopter at the end, so I grenade jumped over the fence and my corpse landed in the end trigger.   

I then went back and completed it the proper way like a good boy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #371

April 2011
    297 Posts
       The banana one is finding a prisoner's banana hidden in his shitbucket (the cell that has a palmtree poster)   

I can't remember the rest, but I got 4 out of 6 on my first playthrough. Nuclear Sunrise is the one for completing the mod.

Carson's Hideout : ??

Flatline Fiasco : beat to death the Walter leaning on the émergency room in chapter 2.

Nuclear Sunrise : beat the game

Banana Bandit : what Loadingue said.

Ghetto Blaster Blaster : destroy all playing radios.

Refreshment Rustler : Destroy vending machine in the yard.

Got 5/6.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,211 Posts
    Are there any mods based on those turret defense levels in Entanglement?
    I second this question. Are there any?

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,475 Posts

there's a 7th achievement. it's about the vox

gives you access to a comical bonus map

my only complaint is the lack of subtitles but okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

14. Post #374
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,790 Posts

there's a 7th achievement. it's about the vox
    Sexy vox machine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,602 Posts
    After playing CAGED I decided to hurt myself so I played the HL2 mod The Forgotten Ones (yes, the one I had erroneously linked to last time).

Oh boy. The game starts off with actual uncensored footage of Nazi death camps victims, alive and dead and yet after a while I can't even say if it takes itself seriously. It just throws, more or less consciously, random clichés and tropes from Amnesia, Resident Evil and Evil Dead.

And it would be decent if it wasn't for how boring the maps look, how lacking the writing is, and how terrible the combat is.

The Forgotten Ones is basically the Nazisploitation game equivalent of The Room. Or something close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

16. Post #376
    October 2015
    5,878 Posts
    This mod was pretty good even though it was short. I didn't get all the achievements but I'd play it a second time. It was ten times better than anything Half-Life: Before was.

17. Post #377
    January 2010
    2,375 Posts
    After Epistle 3 came out I replayed HL2 and the episodes, I've just finished and managed to pick up some hard achievements that I thought'd I'd share: Zombie Chopper, 1 Free Bullet, and... Neighbourhood Watch!

Neighbourhood watch took me an hour of religious save-scumming, but it was satisfying as hell to unlock.

18. Post #378
    May 2015
    1,429 Posts
    I liked One Free Bullet because it forced me to rely more on Alyx and throwing shit at people, rather than just blasting away with hit-scan weapons
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,663 Posts
    Just beat CAGED. Was very short, but very fun. I NEED MORE MODS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #380
    October 2015
    5,878 Posts
    Question tho: How do I get the Carson's Hideout achievement ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,511 Posts
    In the secret room achievement you get this URL:

http://ipcscorp.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,475 Posts
    Question tho: How do I get the Carson's Hideout achievement ?
    it's a few rooms right after you get the toilet plunger. look for sparks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #383
    March 2010
    1,938 Posts
    Damn, this mod sounds intriguing, I should play it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

24. Post #384
    Certified Witch - Action Girl Department
    August 2010
    4,469 Posts
    Damn, this mod sounds intriguing, I should play it
    you can knock it out in under an hour, might as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,466 Posts
    I've never purchased so many plungers at once
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

26. Post #386
    June 2016
    203 Posts
    In the secret room achievement you get this URL:

http://ipcscorp.com/
    There is an email on the bottom of that page, and if you email it, you get this

after a couple minutes, you'll get this

theres also this on the manual on the page

one of my friends filled it in and sent it to the email, don't think he's gotten a response yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    June 2014
    8,267 Posts
    If that HEV suit is so useful in a combat situation that freeman could take down a damn army without even having a helmet, why wasn't the military using them? BM is a military contractor after all.

28. Post #388
    June 2016
    203 Posts
    If that HEV suit is so useful in a combat situation that freeman could take down a damn army without even having a helmet, why wasn't the military using them? BM is a military contractor after all.
    I thought they had a modified form of it in the PCV or whatever the fuck it's called
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #389

December 2011
    1,091 Posts
    I think it's less about the suit and more about the man inside the suit. Assuming the Powered Combat Vests and the Gearbox expansions aren't canon, it's likely that it failed in military stress tests and Gordon is just lucky to be someone who moves like a classic FPS character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #390
    October 2015
    5,878 Posts
    -snippe-

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    37,057 Posts
    The HEV suit could also be too expensive to manufacture like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #392
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,277 Posts
    I always assumed that the HEV suits were developed as military assets, it'd explain why they are so damn bulletproof, know when you're out of ammo, and administer adrenaline and morphine when you're fatally wounded.

Edited:

I don't think anyone at Black Mesa using a suit to clean up a hazard spill would want to know how many bullets they have on them

Edited:

Now I just want to see what a military HEV suit would look like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #393
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    January 2014
    1,881 Posts
    I feel like it could've be pretty interesting to fight an enemy who's also wearing an HEV suit. I guess it'd be somewhat similar to fighting someone in HLDM.

34. Post #394
    May 2009
    13,245 Posts
    Weren't HEV also used during Xen exploration? If they were developed for that, it would make sense for it to have all those features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,733 Posts
    The HEV suit could also be too expensive to manufacture like that
    Not to mention plot armor You see a good number of dead HEV suit-equipped scientists throughout the later parts of HL1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #396
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    The HEV suits are probably stupidly expensive. I think in all the HL1 stuff combined you only see like 6 suits anyway, theres Gordon, Gina, Collette, then a bunch of randos who got bodied in Xen. Theres only 6 HEV suit pods i think too, 3 in Anomalous Materials and 3 in Lambda.

So maybe they only had like a little over 10 or something HEV suits because its all they could afford.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,475 Posts
    The HEV suits are probably stupidly expensive. I think in all the HL1 stuff combined you only see like 6 suits anyway, theres Gordon, Gina, Collette, then a bunch of randos who got bodied in Xen. Theres only 6 HEV suit pods i think too, 3 in Anomalous Materials and 3 in Lambda.

So maybe they only had like a little over 10 or something HEV suits because its all they could afford.
    it's very silly to imply there are only 6 suits in the entire game world of half-life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,610 Posts
    I'd really, really like to see what an evolution of the arsenal would look like in a future title, more combine weaponry would be fantastic.

39. Post #399
    May 2010
    28,326 Posts
    it's very silly to imply there are only 6 suits in the entire game world of half-life
    Well they kept throwing them into the big boy fuck nest full of walking scrotes and giant fetuses so i'd be surprised if they had many more than that.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,505 Posts
    new hlvr strings from new destinations update

hlvr_weapon_rapidfire (pistol has been renamed to rapidfire for some reason)
    hlvr_weapon_shotgun
    prop_hlvr_weapon_rapidfire_clip
    prop_hlvr_weapon_shotgun_clip
    INTERACTION_CLIP_TO_RAPIDFIRE
    INTERACTION_CLIP_TO_SHOTGUN
    INTERACTION_ENERGYGUN_TO_BATTERY
    sv_infinite_clips
    Player's backpack will never run out of clips
    Barrier Clip (related to combine barrier i posted few wks ago)
    your favorite vr game is still not cancelled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 15Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)