1. Post #1
    You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a tent.
    February 2008
    2,258 Posts

Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sunday donated $100,000 to help a Los Angeles-based group’s effort to fight hate, saying he was “horrified” by anti-Semitic and racist protests in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend. Schwarzenegger announced the donation to the Simon Wiesenthal Center as President Trump was under fire for failing to quickly speak out against the racist and anti-Semitic protests that resulted in three deaths.
    Arnold's Facebook posted:
    I have been horrified by the images of Nazis and white supremacists marching in Charlottesville and I was heartbroken that a domestic terrorist took an innocent life. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of Heather Heyer, Lt. Cullen, and Trooper-Pilot Bates. While these so-called "white nationalists" are lucky to live in a country that defends their right to voice their awful, incorrect, hateful opinions, the rest of us must use our voices and resources to condemn hate and teach tolerance at every opportunity. My message to them is simple: you will not win. Our voices are louder and stronger. There is no white America - there is only the United States of America.

You were not born with these hateful views - you can change, grow, and evolve, and I suggest you start immediately. Today, I'm sending $100,000 to an anti-hate organization I've worked with for decades - the Simon Wiesenthal Center, named after the great Nazi hunter who I was lucky to call a friend. I have spoken to its founder, Rabbi Marvin Hier, and I know that my contribution can help advance the Center's mission of expanding tolerance through education and fighting hate all over America - in the streets and online. My dream is that all of you will join me in helping your favorite anti-hate organizations in any way you can. United, we are greater than the hatred we saw this weekend.
    Source:

LA Times
    Arnold's Facebook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 100Friendly x 12Dumb x 2Zing x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2012
    5,301 Posts
    God bless the Governator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    "Oh he's just trying to cash in on the Nazi hysteria to look good, the leftist agenda is true!"

Decided to post this before something equally retarded is posted as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Useful x 20Agree x 7Dumb x 3Funny x 3Informative x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2017
    155 Posts
    "Oh he's just trying to cash in on the Nazi hysteria to look good, the leftist agenda is true!"

Decided to post this before something equally retarded is posted as well.
    For cashing in, it sure cost him a lot. Even if it is just for publicity, the organization still got $100000 so who cares
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,543 Posts
    For cashing in, it sure cost him a lot. Even if it is just for publicity, the organization still got $100000 so who cares
    This is what's kinda been bothering me. Some people keep saying "it's just publicity" like with discord and godaddy but if it's dismantling white supremacists ability to spread, then who cares why they did it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,426 Posts
    This a very non-political group with a pretty solid and clean message. I'm glad they are getting some form of monetary aid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    8,897 Posts
    Arnold isn't cashing in, he is a patriot in my eyes. He is always talking about stuff politically that matters and takes a stance against it. I know he is own power is limited but he uses his fame and platform to promote a lot of good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,122 Posts
    Not to mention the Commando's crusade against gerrymandering. Arnold rules.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,098 Posts
    Arnold isn't cashing in, he is a patriot in my eyes. He is always talking about stuff politically that matters and takes a stance against it. I know he is own power is limited but he uses his fame and platform to promote a lot of good.
    Arnold is a fine American, and makes me proud to be from California.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2013
    6,300 Posts
    Who would've thought that one of the most patriotic and honest American political activists would be a hulking Austrian bodybuilder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 40Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,037 Posts
    Who would've thought that one of the most patriotic and honest American political activists would be a hulking Austrian bodybuilder.
    We're running so low on decent Americans that we have to import them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 59Zing Zing x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,817 Posts
    It's damn shame his fanbase is full of completely delusional people and people who can't read english.

he did a good thing and I respect the hell out of him but I guarantee the facebook post where he announced this is full of butthurt conservatives that feel betrayed by this move despite him never in person or movies ever showing the slightest bit of support to their ideals.
    The most ablist and fucked up scumbags always come out when he makes a post congratulating the winner of the special olympics he was a host or medal awarder at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 19Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    25,768 Posts
    The one thing you can say for sure about Schwarzenegger is the man does legitimately love this country
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,926 Posts
    It's damn shame his fanbase is full of completely delusional people and people who can't read english.

he did a good thing and I respect the hell out of him but I guarantee the facebook post where he announced this is full of butthurt conservatives that feel betrayed by this move despite him never in person or movies ever showing the slightest bit of support to their ideals.
    The most ablist and fucked up scumbags always come out when he makes a post congratulating the winner of the special olympics he was a host or medal awarder at.
    No shit? I once knew a couple of borderline neo-nazi's who worshiped him.

Apparently being a stronk aryan = fellow nazi in their eyes, their mental gymnastic is the same caliber as Trumps

15. Post #15
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,040 Posts
    This is what's kinda been bothering me. Some people keep saying "it's just publicity" like with discord and godaddy but if it's dismantling white supremacists ability to spread, then who cares why they did it?
    I doubt he did this just for publicity. He was born in 1940s Austria, Nazis aren't exactly an abstract concept to him.

16. Post #16
    July 2014
    1,886 Posts
    I doubt he did this just for publicity. He was born in 1940s Austria, Nazis aren't exactly an abstract concept to him.
    His father actually served as an officer in the German military during the war and was a voluntary member of the Nazi party.
    Here's something interesting:
    In later life, Schwarzenegger commissioned the Simon Wiesenthal Center to research his father's wartime record, which came up with no evidence of Gustav being involved in atrocities, despite his membership in the Nazi Party and SA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Israel Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    218 Posts
    yeah he was born 2 years after the end of the war so he must be an expert of nazis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,272 Posts
    yeah he was born 2 years after the end of the war so he must be an expert of nazis
    Well he'd have been growing up with the war having just ended, and being in a very central place, too.

I find it vindicating that ol' Arnie - who I suspect many nazi-wannabes would consider a prime candidate for "ubermensch" - is speaking out so ardently against these hateful fucks, and is actively giving money in opposition to them. I hope that helped to shatter some of their disgusting egos.

Makes me smile, like when I see these fuckers getting kicked off of social media sites and publicly disowned. The world has no room for this kind of hate, and the fact so many people are coming out and making that known is genuinely heartwarming.

Good on you, Arnold, I say. You might have your flaws, you all do, but this was a good action and a good sentiment. Glad to see it happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,907 Posts
    Growing up in a country that just threw off the shackles of Nazi rule probably does give him more insight that most.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,400 Posts
    From another article, quoted at me by a friend:

Drawing parallels to his own upbringing in post-World War II Austria and modern, American supporters of the Confederacy, Schwarzenegger spoke about the Nazi veterans he saw in his youth. “Growing up, I was surrounded by broken men, men who came home from the war filled with shrapnel and guilt, men who were misled into a losing ideology. And I can tell you: these ghosts that you idolize spent the rest of their lives living in shame. And right now, they’re resting in hell.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...losers-w498410
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 26Zing Zing x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,600 Posts
    Seriously that's the kind of publicity people are going to bitch about? That's the kind of publicity people SHOULD go for

Edited:

I saw the video of that. It's too bad people still won't get it

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,136 Posts

Damn, that is a powerful description.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,690 Posts

I suggest everyone to watch the video in the source, good stuff

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,258 Posts
    I saw the video of that. It's too bad people still won't get it
    you could have a global thermonuclear war and the survivors would still be going "those other guys did it!". some people will never get it.

25. Post #25
    July 2014
    1,886 Posts
    you could have a global thermonuclear war and the survivors would still be going "those other guys did it!". some people will never get it.
    So what you're saying is that war, war never changes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    BF
    October 2016
    1,393 Posts
    The one thing you can say for sure about Schwarzenegger is the man does legitimately love this country
    He might not have been born in America, but he chose to adopt America as his home. Migrants are the real patriots.

27. Post #27
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,072 Posts

Holy shit, and I thought Conan the Barbarian was a fucking savage

if it was JUST (as in, exclusively for it) he wouldn't be throwing large sums of money around. When you throw that much money around you're making a statement as well, and it really sends a message out.

Edited:

and hey, what better time to drop a load of cash on something then while its still hot and news-worthy

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,400 Posts
    Linked the video in my post, found it on YT

29. Post #29
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,063 Posts
    Yeah cause germany and austria were rebuilt psychologically and morally and structurally in six months.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    15,400 Posts
    Yeah cause germany and austria were rebuilt psychologically and morally and structurally in six months.
    I swear, the dumb shit people say sometimes you wonder whether there's a functional brain between their ears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2006
    118 Posts

Damn he looks 10 years older than he is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    7,049 Posts
    He knows more about nazis and their shame more than any of these half-wits carrying a message of hate and waving nazi flags around
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,659 Posts
    Damn he looks 10 years older than he is.
    Does he though? I think he looks pretty good for 70

34. Post #34
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    16,899 Posts
    Arnold is doing more to combat right wing terrorism then Trump is

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,180 Posts
    I would have voted for Arnold over Trump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)