1. Post #1641
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    anti-Nazi circlejerk as of recent? Most people have actively and heavily condemned Nazism since Hitler started the war.
    I can go back in SH and even a few months ago there wasn't people screaming about how nazis were bad.
    I mean, they always have and always will be but it's like in the last few weeks it especially flared up like everyone is having their time of the month. Now it's fucking bleeding into every other discussion.
    Think like how feminism, the confederate flag as a symbol, racial profiling, police brutality and transgender rights flared up and levelled off again. Give it a few more weeks and we'll be bickering over something else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #1642
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    This again? There's like 40 pages of this exact thing, just go read it.
    Apparently he missed all the pics of the inbred idiots dressing up and playing "Operator"

3. Post #1643
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2005
    2,605 Posts
    this is the kind of thinking that allowed trump to become president
    You really think white supremacists turned the tide and won Trump the election? Really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #1644
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    So you suggest violent reprisals? Or what are you getting at.

I don't see how that nullifies my point.
    Maybe try reading the thread before making a shitpost opposing people. We go over the reasons basically every single page because people like you can't be bothered reading before posting so conveniently enough you don't even have to read it all.
    No one is doing that.
    Nope, they're just driving cars into the people opposing them while they chant about genocide and shit. Totally different situation and clearly completely invalidates .Isak.'s point. Yup, uh huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1645
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,952 Posts
    I can go back in SH and even a few months ago there wasn't people screaming about how nazis were bad.
    I mean, they always have and always will be but it's like in the last few weeks it especially flared up like everyone is having their time of the month. Now it's fucking bleeding into every other discussion.
    It's almost like they're actually starting to become more empowered and are starting to feel validated or something.

WEIRD!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

6. Post #1646
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,434 Posts
    No the absolute uproar on Twitter and social media is rather recent. You know what I'm talking about.
    Wow its almost as if there was a domestic terrorist attack committed by a Nazi who knew it'd blow up on social media
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #1647
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    You really think white supremacists turned the tide and won Trump the election? Really?
    No...what he means if we just sit back and watch this happen, they'll eventually cause more chaos.

He's just mentioning trump's presidency as an example of what happens when people dont care enough about politics.

8. Post #1648
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    It's almost like they're actually starting to become more empowered and are starting to feel validated or something.

WEIRD!
    Give it three months and nobody is going to give a fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

9. Post #1649
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    Wow, people weren't actively condemning Nazis when it wasn't relevant but now they are because it's very relevant? That's a real surprise! Holy shit, who would've guessed that people would want to condemn Nazis after Nazis literally killed people!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1650
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    Not with this presidency it aint...

Im expecting this shit to get far worse in the coming months...

11. Post #1651
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,777 Posts
    This is not the attitude to have about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #1652
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    Wow, people weren't actively condemning Nazis when it wasn't relevant but now they are because it's very relevant? That's a real surprise! Holy shit, who would've guessed that people would want to condemn Nazis after Nazis literally killed people!!
    You make it sound like I should be outraged or something. Yes, nazis are bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #1653
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    Not talking about them when they're not relevant at the moment does not equate to not giving a fuck about them. I can't speak for everyone but there has never been a point in time I have EVER been okay with Nazis. I have thought they were reprehensible human beings since the moment I first learned about them and what their ideology is based around. The only thing that has changed is that I have reason to voice my distaste for them right now. In three months, if nothing similar happens, then I will no longer have reason to voice my distaste for them because they're no longer causing issues. I will still give a fuck about Nazis hurting people in three months though. That's the thing that will not change and it's all that's important.
    You make it sound like I should be outraged or something. Yes, nazis are bad.
    You make it sound like being outraged that literal fucking Nazis killed people is unreasonable. The default stance on that should be outrage so...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1654
    I pulled my testicle out of my ballsack in my dreams
    May 2007
    9,501 Posts
    No the absolute uproar on Twitter and social media is rather recent. You know what I'm talking about.
    I don't. Like I said, there's always been an heavy anti-Nazi presence since 'forever', even online.

Edited:

Yes, I do wish Nazis become irrelevant as quickly as possible.

But as long as they act like they did in Charlottesville, it's going to be very difficult for people to ignore literal Nazis hurting and killing people in modern day america.

15. Post #1655
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    You make it sound like being outraged that literal fucking Nazis killed people is unreasonable. The default stance on that should be outrage so...?
    It's a bunch of skinheads and klansmen brawling with people on the opposite side of the spectrum. Like this is something new. I can remember demonstrations turning into fights between the KKK and Black Panthers as far back as the 90's.

Yes, I do wish Nazis become irrelevant as quickly as possible.

But as long as they act like they did in Charlottesville, it's going to be very difficult for people to ignore literal Nazis hurting and killing people in modern day america.
    Okay, so then do your part. Write a letter to Fox stating you find the depiction of Hitler and the nazis in the television show Family Guy unacceptable for the current generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25 (list)

16. Post #1656
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    It's a bunch of skinheads and klansmen brawling with people on the opposite side of the spectrum. Like this is something new.
    Except someone died this time...

And also, look at Trump's white house members. A good chunk of them have a history of White Supremacy, Nationalism, and Neo-nazi involvement.

Yet again...why the fuck does this have to be a left-right political spectrum thing....?

17. Post #1657
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,952 Posts
    Likewise, a president didn't directly call out groups we already knew were bad and somehow that means he is just as bad as them.
    Yet he's always swift to talk shit about everyone else. But when it's absolutely needed, not only does he not instantly denounce them, he starts straight-up defending them.

Pull your head out of your fucking ass already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #1658
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,056 Posts
    What a disgusting flippant attitude to have to nazis killing people in America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #1659
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,104 Posts
    A domestic terrorist attack tends to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

20. Post #1660
    May 2007
    9,501 Posts
    Okay, so then do your part. Write a letter to Fox stating you find the depiction of Hitler and the nazis in the television show Family Guy unacceptable for the current generation.
    I don't understand what this is trying to convey, your attempt at trying to be witty has failed terribly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1661
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    he starts straight-up defending them.
    Pull your head out of your fucking ass already.
    I'm at work and not glued to the news. Please provide me with a quote from the president where he supports them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #1662
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    How goddamn ignorant do you have to be to be like this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #1663
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    I don't understand what this is trying to convey, your attempt at trying to be witty has failed terribly.
    Nazis are bad and you want them to go away, but they're still a hit in pop culture television.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

24. Post #1664
    May 2007
    9,501 Posts
    Nazis are bad and you want them to go away, but they're still a hit in pop culture television.
    I'm very confused right now, why are you talking about nazi depictions on tv shows when there's real nazis in the streets hurting and killing people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

25. Post #1665
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    It's a bunch of skinheads and klansmen brawling with people on the opposite side of the spectrum. Like this is something new. I can remember demonstrations turning into fights between the KKK and Black Panthers as far back as the 90's.
    Since when do brawls include driving cars into crowds of protesters and murdering people? And people are outraged when the KKK or Black Panthers do violent shit too. So why are you trying to deflect from the situation with them?
    Er... How is that even relevant?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1666
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    Of course Nazis in television and fiction can fucking stay....

We mean real ones walking in real life...

Jesus....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1667
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2005
    2,605 Posts
    Since when do brawls include driving cars into crowds of protesters and murdering people?
    Um since the 1960s. You think one person dying is a huge deal? Read about the civil rights era and riots...
    This pales in comparison. Shit has been so much worse and I think the media hyping this up so much is a disservice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1668
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts
    I'm very confused right now, why are you talking about nazi depictions on tv shows when there's real nazis in the streets hurting and killing people?
    You stated "Yes, I do wish Nazis become irrelevant as quickly as possible.", however that just is not going to happen if they can still be used for alternative values.

Actually, nevermind. If you want to feel like you are right and I am disturbed and wrong you can go do that. I'm not going to argue if you are going to try and counter what I say with shitty semantics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #1669
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,434 Posts
    Um since the 1960s. You think one person dying is a huge deal? Read about the civil rights era and riots...
    This pales in comparison. Shit has been so much worse and I think the media hyping this up so much is a disservice.
    Everyone go home, no one's allowed to complain about Nazi's killing people till it reaches a certain point on the "Aman Danger Scale" (patent pending).

Incidentally how many deaths is enough for you to consider them a problem? 100? 1000? When are we allowed to speak up against the Nazis?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 25Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #1670
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    I think your definition of "brawl" and mine differ by a great deal. See, in my view a brawl is two people getting into a fist fight. (Or a number of people on two sides getting into a fist fight.) It stops being a brawl when weapons are used. A car, in this instance, being a weapon.

And why wouldn't one person dying be a big deal? Someone died. Because of a hateful ideology. If you can't see why that's an issue we should stand up against then I'm really not sure what else I can say to you to convince you otherwise.

Edited:

You stated "Yes, I do wish Nazis become irrelevant as quickly as possible.", however that just is not going to happen if they can still be used for alternative values.

Actually, nevermind. If you want to feel like you are right and I am disturbed and wrong you can go do that. I'm not going to argue if you are going to try and counter what I say with shitty semantics.
    You're the one arguing semantics here. Nazis in context of a documentary or even a tv show doesn't equate to being relevant in the context Gwoodman seems to be using. No, in fact he's talking about actual literal Nazis. You know. Like the ones we're condemning at the moment for murdering people who opposed them. The real ones who actually go out and hurt people.

31. Post #1671
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    20,294 Posts
    Dang I wish I was as cool and nonchalant as you about nazis killing people.

It's not a contest as to what events resulted in more deaths like that somehow invalidates concern over deaths in general. You really need to stop treating it like one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1672
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts
    Dang I wish I was as cool and nonchalant as you about nazis killing people.

It's not a contest as to what events resulted in more deaths like that somehow invalidates concern over deaths in general. You really need to stop treating it like one.
    A good fuckton of people in here need to quit that bullshit mindset.

This whole thread in a nutshell has been "But What about..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1673
    I'm so Jewish you can suck my nuts.
    April 2009
    8,867 Posts
    Everyone go home, no one's allowed to complain about Nazi's killing people till it reaches a certain point on the "Aman Danger Scale" (patent pending).

Incidentally how many deaths is enough for you to consider them a problem? 100? 1000? When are we allowed to speak up against the Nazis?
    Maybe once it reaches one microhitler people will do something about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

34. Post #1674
    May 2007
    9,501 Posts
    The fact that it has happened before with a much higher dangerous circumstance should legitimize people being outraged by this as IT'S STILL HAPPENING TODAY, even if it is at a smaller scale, don't allow it to become a norm again.

holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #1675
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    12,104 Posts
    That's still one death too many.
    19 other people were hurt, would that be enough to give a shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #1676
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,814 Posts
    There's no way some people didn't leave that scene with PTSD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1677
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2005
    2,605 Posts
    Edit: nvm car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #1678
    Gold Member
    June 2017
    430 Posts
    19 from the car or 19 just in general? I'm not sure of the numbers. But yeah when people pick fights with each other people get hurt. Who threw the first punches?
    19 from the car.
    In all video cases i can find, unclear started or Unite the Right started.

39. Post #1679
    Dennab
    December 2014
    651 Posts

Top post on reddit atm...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #1680
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,456 Posts
    Top post on reddit atm...
    It took me way too long to figure out what was wrong with that photo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)