1. Post #41

September 2011
    378 Posts
    I remember that Battlefield Hardline also uses Frostbite (and the same deformed heads). Would this be supported by the tool as well?

2. Post #42
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    you could maybe post how you did it? alot of eyes are better then two.
    It's not about eyes. Its about coding. I need to make the tool finding these assets automatically.

Edited:

Just Rey.

Are those "facial controls" shape keys in Blender?
    I have no idea whats "shape keys". The controls are sets of relative bone translations/rotations for particular facial movement, I'm getting them from game files.

Rey model was released today on deviantart. You can expect more or them published soon.

3. Post #43
    August 2016
    12 Posts
    I have no idea whats "shape keys". The controls are sets of relative bone translations/rotations for particular facial movement, I'm getting them from game files.

Rey model was released today on deviantart. You can expect more or them published soon.
    Shape keys are Blender's "morph targets".

Link to model release

Thanks again.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,266 Posts
    It's not about eyes. Its about coding. I need to make the tool finding these assets automatically.

Edited:

shape keys in blender are basically sliders that move vertex groups around in a specific way

hl2 uses shape keys as face flexes to make expressions

Edited:

wow i was ninjad

5. Post #45
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    + Battlefield Hardline (Jocelyn):

Edited:

And somebody else from SWBF2

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #47

March 2017
    46 Posts
    The controls are sets of relative bone translations/rotations for particular facial movement, I'm getting them from game files.

And what's the resource name of the specific asset file type that contains these "facial movements" ?

There's one or two that catch my attention, but I have never looked at them closely:

{0x1091c8c5, ".morphtargets"},
    {0xeb228507, ".headmorph"},

8. Post #48

December 2013
    82 Posts
    This is awesome work . Thanks

9. Post #49
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    I always knew cloning technology was not perfect! Today I'm gonna pass these heads to people who connect them to bodies.

10. Post #50

December 2013
    9 Posts
    I'm working on a problem of "distorted heads" in Frostbite games. I've been told that this is a big problem, and there was no way to properly fix it for a long time.

After 3 days of research I think I can solve this. Capturing of models or animations were NOT needed for fixing, and it can be done with a standalone tool, just export from game files to SMD as usual, load it into blender, and you have a fixed face, with original rigging.

Currently tested games that can be fixed with this method:
    - Battlefield 3
    - Battlefield 4
    - Battlefield Hardline
    - Battlefield 1
    - Medal of Honor Warfighter
    - Star Wars Battlefront 1
    - Star Wars Battlefront 2 (alpha)
    - Mirror's Edge Catalyst

For example, Karl and Townsend from Battlefield 1.

I think this should work for all other games having distorted faces. Other games examples below.
    Hi,Id-daemon:) Do you'll test your method on Dragon Age Inquisition?

11. Post #51

March 2017
    46 Posts
    Find me these asset file types and I'll tell you if they contain corrective facial morphs or not:

{0x1091c8c5, ".morphtargets"},
    {0xeb228507, ".headmorph"},

12. Post #52

December 2013
    82 Posts
    Thank you so much, cant wait to see all the customized clone troopers that are gonna come from your work.

13. Post #53
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Hi,Id-daemon:) Do you'll test your method on Dragon Age Inquisition?
    I will test it.

Edited:

i decided to release Fett's head in star wars thread:

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...1#post52584001
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Not a big surprise, but aliens also work

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

15. Post #55
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    The new BF1 DLC yesterday introduced Chinese army. Or maybe not. You can expect this model released soon.

After some tests I can now automatically find all textures and a skeleton used by the model. No estimate date for tool release yet. I also checked Andromeda and DAI, and they both use their own (bioware) facial system. But all 8 games checked before (SWBF, BF1,3,4, etc) are using standard frostbite facial system, and they will be fixed first. And if after that, the guys who are working on bioware games will not correct faces, I can look at these games too.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Fifa 17 heads are not distorted.

17. Post #57
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    After checking all frostbite engine structures (models, textures, skeletons, animations) it looks like making a full-automatic tool will take too much time. So first, a quick tool to only fix faces will be released.

About 50% animations in frostbite are combinations of static poses. This is first quick render with only rotations extracted. Also they include all kinds applied randomly, so for example, Vader anims may not be supposed to fit humans.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Now with positions applied. P_HM_Pistol_Stand_AimRight90 and P_HM_SpeederBike_OpenSeat_Pose. You can see root and weapon root position getting to their proper places.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Tool for BF1 faces is almost ready. It will be released today.

20. Post #60
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Tool released:

http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4864

Note that its test version, has some limitations. As I said before, making full-automatic tool will take time, so now you have to do some operations manually: extract and find needed files. And then apply skeletal transformation in your favorite editor.

But after testing, making such tool for all other games and all meshes will be very easy and quick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #61

September 2011
    378 Posts
    Awesome work! So is this only for BF1 or does the same workflow work for BF3 and 4, Hardline and Warfighter?

EDIT: Warfighter has different "Unlocks"... can't find singular faces.

22. Post #62
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    or does the same workflow work for BF3 and 4, Hardline and Warfighter?
    Yes, same or very similar for all 8 games listed in the first post.

23. Post #63

September 2011
    378 Posts
    Yes, same or very similar for all 8 games listed in the first post.
    So if I use the sbtoc dumper scripts for Warfighter/BF3/BF4 I should be able to get the needed ebx, mesh and chunk files? After that your instructions on zenhax is kind of... confusing. Like how do I know which chunk is the correct one for which mesh? Or what assetbank file should I look for (is it upacked by the sbtoc dumper?)...

24. Post #64
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    The original plan was to make tools, that can do this all automatically. But I decided to post this test tool already. Later it will be improved. Also, yesterday I had no time to make instructions, this is why its so vague.

I will try to explain everything in details, also this weekend probably i will support more games.

There is some tool to get info which chunk is the correct one for which mesh. I don't know its name unfortunately. If you can't find such tool, just open mesh file (from "res" folder) and somewhere around offset 0x100 you'll see the needed chunk ID (16 bytes). For BF1 this offset is 0xF4.

As for assetbanks, yes, they are unpacked. Some incorrect scripts may call them "ANT" instead of "ASSETBANK", in this case you should rename them. You must be able to easily find the one you need. Assets needed will be in big ones, and big ones are usually named self-explanatory. If in doubt, you can place them all in one folder, and run the tool there.

25. Post #65

October 2013
    63 Posts
    Do you can upload archive with "correct" tools to unpack SWBF 1/2?
    Thanks.

26. Post #66
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    I do can, yes. But later I do it. After people test BF1 and results tell me.

27. Post #67
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Was anyone able to use the tool? Any questions, problems, tutorials needed?
    I need to know that before proceeding to other games support.

28. Post #68
    October 2016
    33 Posts
    Was anyone able to use the tool? Any questions, problems, tutorials needed?
    I need to know that before proceeding to other games support.
    Man your tool is just amazing but I think a few people knows about your work! you must post it on more frostbite game threads. start with this one :
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1529142&page=16

You'll get feedback straight away from users. I think we all waiting for Battlefront games support too. I will defiantly use it. Personally I like the technique, creating a skeleton into path to be apply in any 3D programs is quiet professional from you. DON'T CHANGE IT. others will explain how to dump files etc...

Congrats for the tool dude.

PS : very very interesting if you manage to convert animations from frostibe files from gameplay to cinematic, to an fbx file via your tool... You'll be a F*****G GOD if you make it!

29. Post #69
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I was already thinking that something is wrong with the tool.

PS : very very interesting if you manage to convert animations from frostibe files from gameplay to cinematic
    Well, maybe you don't know, but I already made research and/or tools to extract animations from Overwatch, Bioshock infinite, Call of Duty series, Resident Evil 5, Doom, Evil Within, Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5. Some tools were made by other people, but all that was based on my work.

Frostbite animations are mainly 2 types: compressed and raw. About 50% are compressed. So, at the moment I can already convert raw ones, means about half of them all.

30. Post #70

December 2013
    9 Posts
    Now this extractor works only for BF1 or for other frostbite games too?

31. Post #71
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Now BF1. Tomorrow SWBF and other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #72

December 2012
    235 Posts
    That'll probably get a little more feedback. Battlefield1 doesn't really have any interesting characters people are desperate to get, on the other hand there's a high demand on Rodians, Twi'lek and Duros.

33. Post #73
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Ok, SWBF version released. Same place.

34. Post #74

December 2012
    235 Posts
    Which skeleton is required for Battlefront?
    Also, i'm using Frosty Editor to extract the game files (much more convenient), so i don't have the chunkfiles. Do i have to use the Python scripts to get a VisualUnlock file?

35. Post #75
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Which skeleton is required for Battlefront?
    Also, i'm using Frosty Editor to extract the game files (much more convenient), so i don't have the chunkfiles. Do i have to use the Python scripts to get a VisualUnlock file?
    I don't have all game files, but for those I checked, skeleton was humanmale.ebx
    Support for other skeletons is already implemented, so once there will be models using different skeleton, I can test them and update the tool.

You can use models extracted with Frosty, if they have correct weights and bone names. But you have to get visualunlock and assetbank files somehow.

36. Post #76
    October 2016
    33 Posts
    Ok, SWBF version released. Same place.
    Good Job I have a try on mesh and chunk files. I didn't know about your work on other games, congrats! I didn't know it was possible to extract anim from MGSV... impressive. anims from DICE are really really good, especially from cinematics I will love to get hands on !! If you need some help just ask.

Since now I'm using the SWBF cinematic tool but it's quiet crap some time. I gonna try your tool and feedback.

Edited:

id-daemon I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, I try the instruction you gave on ZenTax on the Twilek head but It doesn't create the SMD file can you have a look ?

Here is the files http://www.mediafire.com/file/oe8m6c...dels_faces.rar

37. Post #77
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    Sure, here's what you should do:

Fb_SWBF_mesh.exe alien_twilek.mesh alien_twilek.chunk

This will give you big SMD with distorted head mesh.

Small "ant" files will not help you fix the face, you need big ones, for example, I used arctic_03.AssetBank. If its called .ant, rename it to assetbank. Then drag vu_alien_twilek.ebx file onto Fb_SWBF_faces.exe, or run

Fb_SWBF_faces.exe vu_alien_twilek.ebx

This will give you small SMD:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2017
    10 Posts
    You can use models extracted with Frosty, if they have correct weights and bone names. But you have to get visualunlock and assetbank files somehow.
    Heads extracted with Frosty distorted too.

39. Post #79
    April 2016
    705 Posts
    I meant you can try taking this distorted head from frosty and correct it with my Fb_SWBF_faces.exe
    In this case you don't need chunk & mesh files for the model.

40. Post #80
    January 2010
    1,483 Posts
    The next version of frosty is going to allow for direct export of fixed heads to FBX you'll extract them as you would any other mesh without doing anything extra.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)