1. Post #2561

not good with computer

June 2013
    2,663 Posts
    One little thing that's always bugged me is how Bastion's tank config parts just come out of nowhere. All the parts for his Sentry and config mode are integrated together perfectly, but he just goes straight up parts forming with his cannon and treads.
    His original ult was an awful deployable mine thing that made more sense physically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

2. Post #2562
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts
    His original ult was an awful deployable mine thing that made more sense physically.
    Awful? His beta ult had No Weakness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

3. Post #2563
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    So it's a shitty death blossom that only kills 1 or 2 people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #2564
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    5,210 Posts
    So it's a shitty death blossom that only kills 1 or 2 people?
    From how fast the Reaper died it looks like a Death Blossom with a higher DPS, lower risk since you can hide it anywhere and is unkillable unlike Reaper once he starts his ult. It's pretty much a better Death Blossom in every way from what I can see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #2565
    June 2013
    609 Posts
    From how fast the Reaper died it looks like a Death Blossom with a higher DPS, lower risk since you can hide it anywhere and is unkillable unlike Reaper once he starts his ult. It's pretty much a better Death Blossom in every way from what I can see.
    Blizzard seems to use low health enemies (or manually triggered deaths) in many of their demonstration videos, so it might not actually do that much damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

6. Post #2566
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,642 Posts

Oh boy, a legendary, I hope it's Soldi-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2567
    November 2016
    229 Posts
    Awful? His beta ult had No Weaknesses.
       I appreciate that JoJoke.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 14Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2568
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,040 Posts
    I miss bastion turret's old accuracy. Overall I prefer him now, but some reverse bloom would be sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #2569
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    I think I'd prefer if they made his recon gun more accurate and longer ranged. I can very much understand the logic behind making his sentry gun's range somewhat limited because it is very powerful and limiting its range makes strategic placement much more important, but having some way to deal with long range opponents would still be nice. Fuck snipers.
    In general all his recent changes have been all about making strategic positioning and re-positioning more important and recon mode more generally useful and I'm all for that. Old Bastion was boring as heck to play but new Bastion is one of my favorites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events

10. Post #2570
    November 2015
    1,857 Posts
    Orisa's shield should start being on cooldown like, 3 seconds after she places it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #2571
    June 2014
    8,267 Posts
    Orisa's shield should start being on cooldown like, 3 seconds after she places it.
    I say make it consistent between all barriers in that it starts the countdown once you place it, but the countdown length is different for each. Why confuse people by arbitrarily starting the countdown at different times?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #2572
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,316 Posts
    I think I'd prefer if they made his recon gun more accurate and longer ranged. I can very much understand the logic behind making his sentry gun's range somewhat limited because it is very powerful and limiting its range makes strategic placement much more important, but having some way to deal with long range opponents would still be nice. Fuck snipers..
    I have always been of the mind that in many class-based team objective games, snipers are a great way to fuck everything up. There's no TTK quite like instant, and all it takes is someone who is half-decent at clicking heads to disintegrate all but the most sturdy of classes. There is no in-between; either you end up with a wet noodle-gun that can't kill anything, or a force of battlefield oppression that forces all awareness on the opposing team to be on it, or risk getting instantly killed with no counterplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

13. Post #2573
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    It's amazing how just having a second mine totally changes how Junkrat feels to play

You can be that much bolder with where and when you mine-jump, because you can always escape now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #2574
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    I have always been of the mind that in many class-based team objective games, snipers are a great way to fuck everything up. There's no TTK quite like instant, and all it takes is someone who is half-decent at clicking heads to disintegrate all but the most sturdy of classes. There is no in-between; either you end up with a wet noodle-gun that can't kill anything, or a force of battlefield oppression that forces all awareness on the opposing team to be on it, or risk getting instantly killed with no counterplay.
    Yeah generally anything that can kill you quickly should have an appropriate amount of warning and risk attached. Like Roadhog can kill things really well with his hook combo, but he has to get close to you and he's big, fat, slow, loud as heck and his hook has a huge cooldown.

And then we have Widowmaker who sits safely on the other side of the map where she's near impossible to notice before she's already killed you. She can't get punished for mistakes because she's too far away, she's hard to retaliate against and her refire rate is low to boot.
    But then if she doesn't get headshots fairly consistently she doesn't do crap so having her on your team usually sucks as well.

So basically, fuck snipers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #2575
    Dennab
    July 2013
    2,522 Posts
    I think I've opened like 10 lootboxes today 0 legendary and lost one million sr in lucio ball and comp.

Overwatch is fun until it stops being fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2576
    August 2014
    4,864 Posts
    Edit: code claimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #2577
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,844 Posts
    3RQC-9P9J-SG3PW-WTVJ-CFXL
    For a golden lootbox for anyone that didn't get it yet. I already got one so no point for me. (When it's used, tell me so i'll just remove it from the post)
    Claimed. Ty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

18. Post #2578
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    Non-engagement characters/playstyles are rarely fun to fight against, in general.

Snipers, backstabbers, drone/additionals users, basically anyone who doesn't want to actually fight you, and would rather stay hidden, stay out of reach, and/or spam indirect bullshit at you until you die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #2579
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,439 Posts
    I experienced the dreaded Lucioball glitch

We were winning 3-1 and the ball suddendly started vibrating in place before abandoning the mortal realm and vaporising into the void, so we played "the floor is lava" for the rest of the match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

20. Post #2580
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,827 Posts
    I experienced the dreaded Lucioball glitch

We were winning 3-1 and the ball suddendly started vibrating in place before abandoning the mortal realm and vaporising into the void, so we played "the floor is lava" for the rest of the match
    This happened in my first placement match when it was 1-1 and we were stuck in perpetual overtime. It became an endurance match to see who could last the longest without quitting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #2581
    wow ok
    December 2007
    17,717 Posts
    I joined a Lucioball game that had 4.6 seconds left and my team was winning 3-2.

Easy box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

22. Post #2582
    :D
    October 2011
    8,883 Posts
    Yeah generally anything that can kill you quickly should have an appropriate amount of warning and risk attached. Like Roadhog can kill things really well with his hook combo, but he has to get close to you and he's big, fat, slow, loud as heck and his hook has a huge cooldown.

And then we have Widowmaker who sits safely on the other side of the map where she's near impossible to notice before she's already killed you. She can't get punished for mistakes because she's too far away, she's hard to retaliate against and her refire rate is low to boot.
    But then if she doesn't get headshots fairly consistently she doesn't do crap so having her on your team usually sucks as well.

And unlike TF2's Sniper, you can't see where she's aiming. This was my issue with Widow since day 1 of the beta I played, in TF2 you can at least see where the Sniper is looking thanks to the red dot his sniper rifle has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

23. Post #2583
    I am the Asian Ed Sheeran Rabbit - My sister
    June 2012
    5,101 Posts
    And unlike TF2's Sniper, you can't see where she's aiming. This was my issue with Widow since day 1 of the beta I played, in TF2 you can at least see where the Sniper is looking thanks to the red dot his sniper rifle has.
    The only good thing about Widowmaker is that you can play Winston against her and harvest salt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2584
    August 2013
    5,238 Posts
    The only good thing about Widowmaker is that you can play Winston against her and harvest salt
    Which is only going to get harder when they reduce the grapple cooldown next patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #2585
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,439 Posts
    There's still the bright red, giant fluorescent straight line that appears every time she shoots

Or, more appropiate, the "Apply Winston/D.Va/(your mobile class of choice to harrass her out of her nest) Here" arrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #2586
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,299 Posts
    There's still the bright red, giant fluorescent straight line that appears every time she shoots

Or, more appropiate, the "Apply Winston/D.Va/(your mobile class of choice to harrass her out of her nest) Here" arrow
    that's only after she's shot though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #2587
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,605 Posts
    Played a lucioball game before. We were winning 5-2 before my teammates got real cocky and the other team scored up to 5-5. Then the goalie accidentally bumped the ball in our own goal during overtime and we lost......

Edited:

I love making one-man-show shots

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

28. Post #2588
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    3,316 Posts

The problem with this is that it is only a solution to a less good widow. The higher the widow's skill, the less of a problem a flanker becomes. I've had two or three games where the widow was able to somewhat reliably quickscope the Genji/Tracer dedicated to killing her. Widow's weapon is the most skill-based in the game.

The only true method to not being killed by widow as most heroes is to 1) always have 360 degree awareness at all times to see a widow lining up a shot on you from ANY angle, and 2) never, ever present yourself to the widow for even a microsecond in the first place. The first is probably impossible for everybody except a robot, and the second is varyingly possible based on what chokepoint you're stuck in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

29. Post #2589
    August 2014
    4,864 Posts
    And... they added a wall hack if mine gets triggered.(sure Widows only but the mine is made for flankers most of the time)
    her abilities often felt a little weak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

30. Post #2590
    I am the Asian Ed Sheeran Rabbit - My sister
    June 2012
    5,101 Posts
    And... they added a wall hack if mine gets triggered.(sure Widows only but the mine is made for flankers most of the time)

She already has the ability to not actively engage in battle and be effective at that. She doesn't need any more.
    Can someone at Blizzard take away Jeff's ability to buff his waifus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

31. Post #2591
    But Stuff
    January 2012
    5,932 Posts
    The problem is that in 99% of FPS games snipers don't get weaker in CQB, they only get harder to play. Put in a player whose half decent at flick aiming and suddenly the intended balance of the weapon gets flipped on its head.

It's not realistic but really it should be a standard now in games like TF2 and OW that snipers can't fucking OHK people at close range
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #2592
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    So, serious question, would a drone character be inherently broken in Overwatch?

As in, a character with very little offensive potential by themselves, but is able to deploy different types of units to control remotely, within a certain range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2593
    March 2014
    1,346 Posts
    So, serious question, would a drone character be inherently broken in Overwatch?

As in, a character with very little offensive potential by themselves, but is able to deploy different types of units to control remotely, within a certain range. Though they'd be stood still while controlling one, similar to riptire, I'd imagine.
    it would be useless in dive comp, probably. on defense you'd have a 5v6 bc a player is hiding (4v6 if you have mercy) who would get dived instantly or flanked by tracer and on offense you'd be down a player and have a (probably) weak-ass replacement when you probably could instead be running just another generic dps

maybe if the meta changes, but i'd prefer to not have to play against a "kill them but they're not actually dead" sort of gimmick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

34. Post #2594
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,875 Posts

Please end my suffering

Edited:

FUCKING GOD DAMIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 18Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2595
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    2,771 Posts

As in, a character with very little offensive potential by themselves, but is able to deploy different types of units to control remotely, within a certain range.
    It would depend on what you mean by control remotely i think
    If your main hero is immobilized while you directly control the unit in the same way as Rip-Tire, then Ic an't imagine it working well.

I could see it working much better if the unit was deployed and you continued to control your main hero in a more torb-like sense, though. It could be a free moving drone, and you could direct its movement and attack targets using an ability (having it set to right click could almost give it an RTS type feel maybe?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

36. Post #2596
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,275 Posts

Please end my suffering

Edited:

FUCKING GOD DAMIT
    well at least you got a better Zarya skin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2597
    The Colombian Dragon of Facepunch
    March 2013
    3,573 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Colombia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #2598
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,390 Posts

Please end my suffering

Edited:

FUCKING GOD DAMIT
    Everyone complaining about getting a Zarya's skin meanwhile me, I haven't gotten a single Zarya's legendary from the base game. Having to buy most stuff.
    But the game is nice enough to give 10 skins of Widowmaker, a character that I only have 7 minutes with her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events

39. Post #2599
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts

The problem here is that this is post firing, not Pre-firing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2600
    Post a picture of a fox on my profile comments
    September 2009
    1,523 Posts
    Well that took long enough:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)