1. Post #1041
    November 2016
    710 Posts
    What capture option are you using? I've never had that problem (but I do run everything fullscreen borderless, so that might be it)

Edited:

Actually no that's a lie, i had that problem with LoL because it's fucking terribly coded and captures all key inputs so stuff like media keys (or ShareX) don't work.
    Used the Classic Print Screen button and Ctrl + Print Screen button.
    Ctrl + Print Screen button is terrible btw for me.
    So when I use the only the Print Screen button while playing, it capture my Desktop....

2. Post #1042
    I am the Asian Ed Sheeran Rabbit - My sister
    June 2012
    5,102 Posts
    Any excel gurus in?

I've got this chart, but there's wayy too much distance between some of the points. How do you hide that gap?

3. Post #1043
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,344 Posts
    Any excel gurus in?

I've got this chart, but there's wayy too much distance between some of the points. How do you hide that gap?
    I'm no Excel guru by any means, but I imagine using a logarithmic scale would help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #1044
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,482 Posts
    So I decided to use ShareX as 2 more people suggested.
    But it seems when I have a game open, it just screen-capture my Desktop and not the game I have open.
    Did I do something wrong?
    Also I use the stand-alone version, not the one on Steam.
    Thank you again.
    ShareX does not have a OpenGL or DirectX hook, it cannot capture a game that is in exclusive fullscreen.
    For it to actually appear, it needs to be displayed over the desktop.
    Regular printsceen also has this issue

You'll find a lot of software have this issue, that's why steam screenshots are generally used for this, or if you use shadowplay etc.
    since these are made for game capture. ShareX is purely desktop.

5. Post #1045
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    I was looking at an X220 - but I've heard their screens are terrible, how was it for you?
    If you do graphics work like Photoshop or video editing or etc then yes, terrible. If not, it's fine. I did my uni and personal computer science work on it just fine.

*Note: I ran macOS on it because I was toying with the idea of jumping ship. That's why I ended up getting a MacBook.

6. Post #1046
    I ended up getting a T420 because of the slightly bigger screen, should be fine for me. Thanks for the help!

I guess a 5-6 year old laptop is still better than a 10 year old laptop.

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,053 Posts
    Migrated my OS drive over to an SSD, and while it successfully boots and seems to run just fine, it boots slower than dog shit in cold molasses. I've enabled all the options for SSD support in Windows, so any ideas what could be wrong here?

8. Post #1048
    Is there a smartphone on the market right now that meets all of my requirements?

* 5.5"-6" size class (60-80mm wide and 130-150mm tall, no thicker than 15mm)
    * Has the following apps: Google Drive, Firefox, Discord (I think that means Android or iOS but I'm open to anything if it can do those three)
    * Long-term software support - I keep phones for about three years
    * Compatible with T-Mobile network (GSM)
    * Hardware should be an upgrade from a Nexus 5 and good enough to still be useful in three years, but I don't do anything CPU-intensive
    * 32GB storage or more
    * headphone jack
    * preferably under $500, if it's more expensive I'll expect some serious features to justify it

The closest I could find is the OnePlus 5T, but I've heard bad things about their update support. I don't need the latest shiny feature as soon as Google writes it, I just need to actually get security and compatibility updates.

9. Post #1049
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,870 Posts
    I wouldn't quite say their update support is bad. They pissed some people off with the op2 but in general they get as many OS updates as the big brands and tend to push builds pretty frequently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1050
    January 2015
    386 Posts
    I ended up getting a T420 because of the slightly bigger screen, should be fine for me. Thanks for the help!

I guess a 5-6 year old laptop is still better than a 10 year old laptop.
    Really like my t420. Got me through the last few months of my computer science degree, dissertation writing etc. Significantly better experience than I had with my consumer Lenovo laptop.

11. Post #1051
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,874 Posts
    Migrated my OS drive over to an SSD, and while it successfully boots and seems to run just fine, it boots slower than dog shit in cold molasses. I've enabled all the options for SSD support in Windows, so any ideas what could be wrong here?
    If it's a SATA SSD, check your motherboard manual and see if it's plugged into a SATA 3 port. Older motherboards only have a limited number of them and sometimes come with a mix of slower ports alongside. Also make sure that AHCI is enabled in your bios. Then run a benchmark (crystaldiskmark works fine) just to see if it performs as it should.

12. Post #1052
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,959 Posts
    Is there a smartphone on the market right now that meets all of my requirements?

* Has the following apps: Google Drive, Firefox, Discord (I think that means Android or iOS but I'm open to anything if it can do those three)
    * Hardware should be an upgrade from a Nexus 5 and good enough to still be useful in three years, but I don't do anything CPU-intensive
    * 32GB storage or more
    * headphone jack
    * preferably under $500, if it's more expensive I'll expect some serious features to justify it

The closest I could find is the OnePlus 5T, but I've heard bad things about their update support. I don't need the latest shiny feature as soon as Google writes it, I just need to actually get security and compatibility updates.
    honor 9, really great phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1053
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts

* 32GB storage or more
    * headphone jack

Any of the current or last gen line of Moto phones (with the exception of the Moto Z2 since there no headphone jack on that) should do ya

14. Post #1054
    Gold Member
    September 2013
    18,870 Posts
    Any of the current or last gen line of Moto phones (with the exception of the Moto Z2 since there no headphone jack on that) should do ya
    But he says he wants updates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1055
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,053 Posts
    If it's a SATA SSD, check your motherboard manual and see if it's plugged into a SATA 3 port. Older motherboards only have a limited number of them and sometimes come with a mix of slower ports alongside. Also make sure that AHCI is enabled in your bios. Then run a benchmark (crystaldiskmark works fine) just to see if it performs as it should.
    Pretty sure it's plugged into one of the two SATA III ports on my motherboard, I made sure of that when I installed it. Benchmark results for sequential read/write seem to be on par with other benchmarks with other EVO drives (mine's an EVO 850).

16. Post #1056
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    But he says he wants updates
    Listen I got screwed with the Moto X2 as well but they've been pretty good about it the last couple gens

17. Post #1057
    November 2013
    999 Posts
    I was looking at the "Project" tab of my Windows 10 and clicked to "Connet to a Wireless Display" and, a LG TV was on. I do not have a tv like that nor Wnetwatcher detects a new/unknown device with the same name on my wifi.
    I clicked on it and told me something about "wait for screen instructions" and turned off the wifi in mere seconds due to sheer fear.
    EDIT: I'm usually connected to the internet with an ethernet cable with wifi off.

Any idea what's happening?

18. Post #1058
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,053 Posts
    I was looking at the "Project" tab of my Windows 10 and clicked to "Connet to a Wireless Display" and, a LG TV was on. I do not have a tv like that nor Wnetwatcher detects a new/unknown device with the same name on my wifi.
    I clicked on it and told me something about "wait for screen instructions" and turned off the wifi in mere seconds due to sheer fear.
    EDIT: I'm usually connected to the internet with an ethernet cable with wifi off.

One of your neighbors sucks at wifi security?

19. Post #1059
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    14,482 Posts

Miracast is independent of your home wireless network, it uses its own broadcast discovery. It's normal to see items that appear nearby

20. Post #1060
    Gold Member

May 2010
    6,290 Posts
    Throwing the LG G6 in too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1061
    December 2014
    1,282 Posts
    Trying to clean up stuff on my Windows 10 Pro laptop using Disk Cleanup, but it does not seem to be deleting anything even though there are a few gigabytes of things that can be cleaned up from Windows Update, temporary files, etc... Any idea why this might be happening? Am certain this the latest version of Windows, it is OS build 15063.726.

22. Post #1062
    November 2013
    999 Posts
    Miracast is independent of your home wireless network, it uses its own broadcast discovery. It's normal to see items that appear nearby
    One of your neighbors sucks at wifi security?
    Thanks, fellas. I thought it was a security issue on my end.

23. Post #1063
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    4,757 Posts
    Ok so I was doing a scan with Malwarebytes and I keep getting these 2 threats, that it quarantines then when I reset they're back again, they're Pup.Optional.Dregol and Pup.Optional.Binkiland, which I read up on and it's something along the lines of a crappy search engine that sends you to shady websites but all of my browsers are fine and using google and nothing else seems affected?

24. Post #1064
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,874 Posts
    Pretty sure it's plugged into one of the two SATA III ports on my motherboard, I made sure of that when I installed it. Benchmark results for sequential read/write seem to be on par with other benchmarks with other EVO drives (mine's an EVO 850).
    Sequential speeds don't really matter that much, pretty much any drive will do well when it comes to that. Performance when doing a large number of small independent reads/writes is where the biggest difference lies. That's where AHCI can make a noticeable difference.

Still, if you're only having problems when booting into your OS and then everything works fine, that would suggest that something is wrong with your OS install or settings rather than the drive being faulty.