1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,060 Posts
    I'm glad I haven't seen too many of those serious roleplaying crews on PC as much as I did on 360. It was always annoying receiving messages about how some dude got "assassinated" and how don spaghetti never forgets. The downside is that we have too many of those awful try hard crews that record montages of their first person A/D strafing with a heavy sniper while killing random people who probably just wanted to fuck around in freemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #842
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    So I decided yesterday that I'd run Fleeca again for some quick cash. I came across a level 3 who joined and decided to make him the driller for shits and giggles. He shoots me a message and says he's done it before on a level 163 character. Sure enough, he gets the hacking and drilling done fairly quick, and we both get out with a nice 71K, with him getting 171 or so.

Today, I see an invite from the guy doing Fleeca, I decide why not. Sure as shit, it's him. I know this because I recognize the suit he's wearing, a default black and white one, no tie, a hat, and camo gloves. He's now level 13, and gives me a 100K cut on the finale. I honestly didn't expect this level of kindness from people in this game.

It also seems like there are more competent people doing heists. Yesterday I ran into a guy who was level 350 something, and he starts talking. Everyone has a mic, a level 58 and a level 168 in addition to him. We all managed to do the finale of Pac Standard after a few mishaps, with him giving me a car I could use to spawn everyone near the bikes via blowing up and suiciding. After that, and multiple screwups thanks to the level 168, we kick him out of the party for killing everyone after the finale. Then the level 350 guy helps complete the Prison Break with me babysitting a level 28 who didn't join the party. With him providing air support to help compensate for the fact that I was effectively down one man in terms of firepower. Despite that, said level 28 knew what he was doing, and stayed down while me and the heli did most of the work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,932 Posts
    I once got blown up while buying underwear and then immediately got sent an invite for a crew called "DROPPED YOUR KD" and "OWNED BIOTCH"

Those people look stupid and annoying.
    I just find it rather amusing that they are so dead set on taunting you that they go tom such lengths to create crews just for the fact

Got the exact same chat group on PSN. Nearly everyone left, and no Yes responses. Do they think this actually works?
    Considering that one of their "Kicked out but want to join again?" things is to send a text message to everyone on your friends list asking them to join and mention they sell modded accounts, yes they are that retarded

They are actually using modded accounts as their scheme to get members, and that's just what makes this even more sad

4. Post #844
    June 2015
    1,668 Posts
    Can I show off a Vice City mod I'm working on even though everyone's talking about V?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,076 Posts
    Can I show off a Vice City mod I'm working on even though everyone's talking about V?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #846
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,315 Posts
    We need a vice city mod that replaces Tommy with Trump.

7. Post #847
    June 2015
    1,668 Posts
    Oh boy you think thats bad lemme show you the cutscenes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #848
    July 2013
    810 Posts
    Also flood the map, rip florida
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #849
    March 2013
    590 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #850
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,060 Posts
    Tomorrow, there is a possibility to get the XA-21 or the Ardent with the new event. I figure I should warn people about the Ardent because if it's like the Nightshark, it won't be able to be used in races because of the shitty guns it has. It'll be a shame if that ends up being the case because some testing showed it to actually be a decent car for the sports classics class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #851

January 2008
    445 Posts
    Tomorrow, there is a possibility to get the XA-21 or the Ardent with the new event. I figure I should warn people about the Ardent because if it's like the Nightshark, it won't be able to be used in races because of the shitty guns it has. It'll be a shame if that ends up being the case because some testing showed it to actually be a decent car for the sports classics class.
    The nightshark is such a disappointment, I can't hit shit with the machine guns.

12. Post #852
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    I know this isn't the RDR thread, but I'm not sure I want to dig it up for one post just so it can disappear in a day or two when it's not like RDR is forbidden in this thread anyway.

I've been replaying Red Dead Redemption, and fuck man, the more I go the more I'm worried they're going to miss the point with the sequel. I feel like the gameplay is a lot more in-depth than GTA's. It feels like an RPG-lite, skinning animals, looting bodies, outfits that change stats and abilities, reusable and passive items in your inventory that affect shit like amount of ammo you can carry and whether or not your reputation and fame change when you do something that would normally affect them, etc. Hell, even Strangers and Freaks feel like RPG-esque sidequests you can complete whenever the fuck you want rather than mini-missions that start when you bump into people and pretty much make you go right then and there.

I just want a game that gets close to how good this one was, and I want it to at least be able to run at a solid 30 FPS compared to RDR's regular drops to below 15, but I'm concerned that we'll end up with just the latter part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,060 Posts
    The Ocelot XA-21 is now available for $2,375,000. I don't know if they're targeted sales, but I have sales on the APC, AA trailer, Phantom Wedge, Hydra, and Valkyrie.

Edited:

14. Post #854
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    HOLY FUCK SUMO IS DOUBLE PAYOUT

SO IS SLASHER

Going to compile everything else I can. XA-21 is now available as well for 2,375,000

AA Trailer on sale from 1,400,000 (trade price) to 1,050,00, buy-now price from 1,802,000 to 1,396,500 (Warstock)

APC on sale from 2,325,00 (trade price) to 1,743,750, buy-now price from 3,092,250 to 2,319,188 (Warstock)

(Heil) Hydra on sale from 3,000,000 to 2,250,000 (also warstock)

Valkyrie on sale from 2,850,000 to 2,137,500 (ALSO warstock)

Phantom Wedge on sale from 1,920,000 to 1,440,000 (you get the idea)

E: I'm playing Sumo right now and both of the last survivors caught on fire. What the fuck.

15. Post #855
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,060 Posts
    XA-21 has been tested by Broughy:
    It's pretty good.

16. Post #856
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    I've found that Sumo is quite interesting if you lock it to sports classics, make it start raining, and lock it to first person view. Despite sounding like literal Hitler, it actually is somehow enjoyable. The slippery handling only serves to benefit you when you can make a u-turn from a standstill and turn to face someone coming at you.

17. Post #857
    May 2015
    266 Posts
    The new XA-21 is amazing. Sounds incredible and there are a good amout on customization options. If you have the money and you are not sure if you should get it, get it. You wont regret it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #858

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    13,761 Posts
    I have bid farewell to GTA:O for the time being, mostly because I've hit post end-game and have literally nothing left to work for. Except winning a rally race to get the rest of the metal paints, but fuck that and the 12 hours I spent trying to get a single goddamn race going. But having LSPDFR with RDE and visual iv + the remaster is a really cool experience.

Still images don't do it justice.

19. Post #859
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    I'm really curious if anyone has compiled a complete list of everything missing from singleplayer from cars, to clothing items, to business options and if so, how long would that list be? How many CVS receipts would it take to list everything off?

20. Post #860
    June 2015
    1,668 Posts
    I finished my VC mod if anyone's interested. Read more about it here

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #861
    July 2015
    75 Posts
    So I decided to make some money and buy the Hydra, I'm honestly enjoying it

anything I need to learn to be skilled at using it?

22. Post #862
    WJS
    February 2016
    549 Posts
    So I decided to make some money and buy the Hydra, I'm honestly enjoying it

anything I need to learn to be skilled at using it?
    it has a painfully low skill ceiling to get good with, as long as you can avoid the ground and buildings you're sorted

23. Post #863
    June 2010
    714 Posts
    With Sumo being double payout, I feel the need to post the proper way to play Sumo,

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

24. Post #864
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    I'm really curious if anyone has compiled a complete list of everything missing from singleplayer from cars, to clothing items, to business options and if so, how long would that list be? How many CVS receipts would it take to list everything off?
    I mean if it's a CVS receipt then we'd only need one

but for regular receipts? No clue.

25. Post #865
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,501 Posts
    Argh, my friends and I keep failing Criminal Mastermind. Other than random fuckups that are hard to plan for, our biggest failure is getting everyone into the plane for the Prison Break Finale and successfully getting off the ground without being swarmed and murdered by the police. Does anybody have any suggestions for getting past this fucking mission?

26. Post #866
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,348 Posts
    Argh, my friends and I keep failing Criminal Mastermind. Other than random fuckups that are hard to plan for, our biggest failure is getting everyone into the plane for the Prison Break Finale and successfully getting off the ground without being swarmed and murdered by the police. Does anybody have any suggestions for getting past this fucking mission?
    Where are you getting into the plane?
    Cause you can land the plane anywhere, you don't need to go to the airfield. You can use any road/flat land the plane can land on, ideally offroad as Police don't spawn as much offroad.

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,851 Posts
    Demolitions needs to help a lot with that. As soon you are out of the prison, the demolition needs to kill every cop near the prison team. If they fail you get swarmed quite hefty.

Only get out of the van once it is clear, you are toast if you run into a swat team. You also should drive to the LEFT of the plane where the door is (pilot should really open that one), thus making it easier for you to get in. The cops are not really targeting the VIP too much for some reason, so he should be fine.

Make sure demolitions does not kill cop helicopters too close to the plane, my crew had it already happen several times (unrelated to criminal mastermind runs) that a helicopter wreck totaled the plane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #868
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,501 Posts
    My team actually has more problem with Demolitions destroying police cars too close to the van or the plane. Though he does regularly shower us with helicopter parts. If we fail the next time through, I might try and convince them to land elsewhere. Does anyone have a favored spot? The very first time I did it, with a different team, we landed on the lawn outside the prison. It seemed hectic, but it worked that time.

29. Post #869
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    So yesterday I made a thread on r/gtaonline asking why people steal vehicle cargo. In the very first paragraph I stated, quote.

me_irl posted:
    Let me get this out of the way. No, I'm not bitching or trying to call people who go after cargo Shark Card Salesmen who are Rockstar shills or anything you might be already gathering from the title. This is nothing more than a simple question.
    Apparently everyone missed that, because it's at 0 points and with 29% upvoted as of now. There were 23 replies total, and if you disclude replies to posts and replies to replies to replies to a recursion loop, there were a total of 12 comments. Each of which boiled down to the following.

6 total were useless comments (solo session all day, you could've sourced another vehicle in the time it took to post etc)

1 literally boils down to "I buy cool shit to ruin other peoples days" (nice fucking community lol)

1 is "why not" followed by supposedly not having to pay the repair cost.

1 was a vague shitpost that I almost threw into the pile of six stating "this is gta not da sims ecks dee" followed by an actual reason, that reason being "you do all the legwork and I get the rewards."

1 is almost yet another vague shitpost that somehow boils down to "I steal cargo so I get duplicates doing the 32 car trick."

1 is a reasoning from a less assholish player stating it was for revenge the two times he did so.

1 is that grinding gets tedious and he wanted something to break the monotony.

So if you're still reading after this, I want to know. Why DO people steal vehicle cargo? They deal with repair costs (i assume) and get people good and pissed off and preventing them from selling in that lobby. If it was a matter of griefing it would be easier to just hop on an OPpressor, or Buzzard, or intercept with a proximity mine or sports car + sticky bombs and bomb the shit out of them, and both of the issues of damages and angry reacts only could've been prevented by sourcing your own, but they don't. The reason I'm asking here is there will be less shitposts from people who can't read, and my curiosity hasn't been satisfied.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,755 Posts
    been playing RDR with my PSnow trial, its a fuckin good game despite being like 7 years old, aside from graphics I'd say it's barely aged. haven't even cracked into undead nightmare yet but that's something I've always wanted to play

kind of wish I had got it when it came out, it would have been one of those games I played to death, like new vegas

31. Post #871
    WJS
    February 2016
    549 Posts
    So yesterday I made a thread on r/gtaonline asking why people steal vehicle cargo. In the very first paragraph I stated, quote.

Apparently everyone missed that, because it's at 0 points and with 29% upvoted as of now. There were 23 replies total, and if you disclude replies to posts and replies to replies to replies to a recursion loop, there were a total of 12 comments. Each of which boiled down to the following.

6 total were useless comments (solo session all day, you could've sourced another vehicle in the time it took to post etc)

1 literally boils down to "I buy cool shit to ruin other peoples days" (nice fucking community lol)

1 is "why not" followed by supposedly not having to pay the repair cost.

1 was a vague shitpost that I almost threw into the pile of six stating "this is gta not da sims ecks dee" followed by an actual reason, that reason being "you do all the legwork and I get the rewards."

1 is almost yet another vague shitpost that somehow boils down to "I steal cargo so I get duplicates doing the 32 car trick."

1 is a reasoning from a less assholish player stating it was for revenge the two times he did so, and the other was that grinding gets tedious and he wanted something to break the monotony.

So if you're still reading after this, I want to know. Why DO people steal vehicle cargo? They deal with repair costs (i assume) and get people good and pissed off and preventing them from selling in that lobby. If it was a matter of griefing it would be easier to just hop on an OPpressor, or Buzzard, or intercept with a proximity mine or sports car + sticky bombs and bomb the shit out of them, and both of the issues of damages and angry reacts only could've been prevented by sourcing your own, but they don't. The reason I'm asking here is there will be less shitposts from people who can't read, and my curiosity hasn't been satisfied.
    Your first mistake was posting on /r/gtaonline, your second mistake was valuing anything they say, it's a sub reddit full of dumb shitposters who recycle shark card memes and one liners all day and night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPad Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #872
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    As fun as Slasher is, why did they give the Hunted any form of melee weapon whatsoever? They could've easily reskinned the NVGs into a toggleable headlamp like they did the Thermal Goggles in Dawn Raid and not allow people to defeat the entire point of the gamemode by bum-rushing the shotgun-wielding psychotic with a flashlight and killing him in two hits. It seriously kills the tension when I'm hearing the heartbeat from the hunter being nearby practically turning my controller into a sextoy right before I see "XXX420BLAZEIT pulverized FISTMEDADDY" and winning despite doing nothing whatsoever.

The URL tags on the first name aren't to direct to anything, by the way. It's just to make the name blue.

33. Post #873
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,381 Posts
    been playing RDR with my PSnow trial, its a fuckin good game despite being like 7 years old, aside from graphics I'd say it's barely aged. haven't even cracked into undead nightmare yet but that's something I've always wanted to play

kind of wish I had got it when it came out, it would have been one of those games I played to death, like new vegas
    Rdr was sort of magical when it came out.

I have to say there's a special feeling you get the first time you play a new Rockstar game. Going back to GtTA 3, I don't know what it is whether it's the way you're introduced to the world or that they're just really fucking good at building worlds, but no other game can replicate it for me.

At the same time I feel a kind of sad nostalgia, to be able to go back and experience it again. A bit like when you go to a sick rave and feel sad for a while afterwards because you had such a nice time

I can't wait for a new GTA, I feel I've seen everything in Los Santos and know it like the back of my hand.

Edited:

It's probably more pining to be 13 again and not having a care in the world
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #874

February 2011
    46 Posts
    fun reading about how car X has unlocked. I've been driving the XA-21 for weeks.. running a fivem server (locally, for me) and playing on that is nice. Got all the SP details that are missing in GTA:O, and can spawn whatever the hell i want and just drive, often apparently before it unlocks.

I do miss the interactions with pubbies though. And the missions.

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,755 Posts
    I was enjoying myself on red dead's undead nightmare up until I ran into a really bizarre glitch

I rode into an overrun town and the zombies were replaced with normal citizen npcs, and no word of a lie, they were missing their skin textures so there was just a town of headless people running around

I guess the AI messed up too because they all began shooting each other. this is genuinely a nightmare

36. Post #876
    Does All This Tooty-Fruity Go Straight to My Booty?
    January 2014
    914 Posts

why is it hard to make a character that doesn't look like a gormless mutant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #877
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,060 Posts
    So if you're still reading after this, I want to know. Why DO people steal vehicle cargo?
    The game tells you to steal other cars, maybe someone thinks they can steal it from another player without damaging it too much, they might be looking for a quick $5,000(this value might be wrong, I haven't stolen cars from other players) by delivering it to the police, or they're just looking to piss off a person trying to work. Those are pretty much the only reasons I can think of. I don't think it's really viable to steal cars from other players when it comes to making money though, it just seems like it'd be much faster and easier to steal stuff the normal way.

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,315 Posts

why is it hard to make a character that doesn't look like a gormless mutant
    Parent system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #879
    Pax
    April 2012
    1,501 Posts
    Parent system.
    That. Most of the parents are ridiculous caricatures that are of no use making someone who looks like a cool or attractive human being, which is what most people will want.

40. Post #880
    April 2016
    887 Posts
    I managed to create a somewhat decent male character on the first try despite the eldritch abominations that could be accidentally created in the blink of an eye with the parent system, and I really want to know why they couldn't have made it anything normal like Fallout 3/NV, or Mass Effect 2/3's face creation system where you get full control over how your badass female warrior, or your neon-blue-bearded furry looks without having to sculpt a face out of what could easily be mistaken for the aftermath of generations of incest resulting in a horrifying blob of flesh that you have to salvage.

Or, since people are so intent on using "dis b gta not sims fagot" to excuse their horrible behavior, why not make it EXACTLY like The Sims?