1. Post #4801
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    2,114 Posts
    It's unlikely, but I'm hoping that, in addition to new music, we eventually get the Splatoon 1 battle music put back into rotation as well

One reason being that more variety is good, and you'll hear individual tracks less often, meaning you're less likely to get sick of them

But also mostly just because I want to be able to hear this absolute classic again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

2. Post #4802
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,533 Posts
    Looks like they are bug fixes comes to Sonic Mania on Switch:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #4803
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,491 Posts
    the    Twerky    enemy in Miitopia gross me out to no end and its the first thing i kill so i dont have to look at it anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Qatar Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4804
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,712 Posts
    the    Twerky    enemy in Miitopia gross me out to no end and its the first thing i kill so i dont have to look at it anymore
    It's one of the most clever enemies name wise, but it's based on a old Japanese game so it's kinda lost over here.

Shiritori is a insanely famous word game where a group of friends take turns coming up with a word starting with the last syllable of the previous word. But also shiri means butt and tori means bird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #4805
    You can't expect the universe and its entire contents to be contained within the confines of a tent.
    February 2008
    2,258 Posts
    I thought this was interesting. Nintendo consoles rendered on their own hardware.

http://imgur.com/gallery/q8mRX

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

6. Post #4806
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    I thought this was interesting. Nintendo consoles rendered on their own hardware.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VE6jF1S.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HPj4R1R.gif[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9Z0MRpC.gif[IMG]
    How was the Switch rendered? I wasn't aware of any Homebrew software yet

Edited:

Maybe he just did it on a Tegra tablet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #4807

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,425 Posts
    or maybe he didnt do it at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

8. Post #4808
    January 2014
    2,538 Posts

I like the look of the SNES one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #4809
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    13,597 Posts

Why does it look like the gamecube has a window slit showing a game disc? Final design didn't have that and he'd have to go out of his way to find a prototype image.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #4810
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    or maybe he didnt do it at all
    Yep, you're correct. It's a hypothetical, not really based in technical reality.

http://3d-bear.tumblr.com/post/16403...ations-had-the

Besides, given enough time any computer can render anything, so you'd probably want to establish a minimum framerate of like 15fps or something then make the model so that it renders at that minimum for it to really count.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #4811
    What about the devkit?

Edited:

Splatoon 2 is a must.
    Is it really that good? I love shooters such as Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 but I feel like I'd find Splatoon 2 a bit meh.

Edited:

Maybe not meh, maybe also redundant because I already got ow and tf2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #4812
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    What about the devkit?
    I'm in the developer program myself and again I can't really say much because NDA, but,
    Dr. Evilcop posted:
    Can't really say anything because NDA but this statement the head of partner management at Nintendo publicly made is still true :

“Right now we are being very selective about who we’re letting into the development environment, and through our portal,” he said. “Whereas with the Wii U and 3DS, we opened that up to everybody. I think our mentality was to cast that big net, [but] you’d never know when the next great piece of content was coming, or where it was gonna come from, or where it was going to permeate.

“This time around, we’re going to be a lot more conservative,” Baker said. “We don’t want to open up the floodgates quite yet.”
    Looks like I'll be developing on PC then proposing to Nintendo to port the game to Switch.
    So a lot of indie devs don't have a devkit unless they already have a game made that they can propose to Nintendo to port to Switch.

Edited:

What about the devkit?

Edited:

Is it really that good? I love shooters such as Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 but I feel like I'd find Splatoon 2 a bit meh.

Edited:

Maybe not meh, maybe also redundant because I already got ow and tf2
    If you like OW and TF2 you'll probably like Splatoon. Maybe order a physical copy on Amazon so you can return it within the first week or two if you find you actually don't like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4813
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,741 Posts
    Teaser for ARMS's next fighter.

Looks like he's charge ability is a Spring Jump like B&B.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

14. Post #4814
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    5,280 Posts
    thinking it might be an arabian nights kinda character
    like jasmine from aladdin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4815
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,643 Posts
    For some reason I thought it'd be a candy/gingerbread man because the level Biff was on looked like a giant gingerbread town.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #4816
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,041 Posts
    I still hate the fucking chemical zone as much as I used to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

17. Post #4817
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,537 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

18. Post #4818
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,487 Posts
    Teaser for ARMS's next fighter.

Looks like he's charge ability is a Spring Jump like B&B.
    Those arms are definitely Nunchucks. So the character might be martial arts.

They better make a new WarioWare game for the Switch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4819
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    I don't know exactly how, but I feel like the HD Rumble would be a great feature for a new WarioWare game.

Edited:

mini game where you try to tell if you have ice or nails in your cup using HD Rumble and you either pour it out or drink it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

20. Post #4820
    February 2014
    1,178 Posts

fuk splatzone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #4821
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    24,345 Posts

No idea if this was posted or mentioned before, I hadn't seen it at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

22. Post #4822
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    14,049 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 6 (list)

23. Post #4823
    not affiliated with Sega™
    July 2010
    2,600 Posts

That looks so much fun!
    man imagine if the Switch was powerful enough for VR...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #4824
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,643 Posts
    I don't know exactly how, but I feel like the HD Rumble would be a great feature for a new WarioWare game.

Edited:

mini game where you try to tell if you have ice or nails in your cup using HD Rumble and you either pour it out or drink it
    HD Rumble, in-built gyro, motion control, buttons + analog stick... It's the perfect console for a WarioWare game and a WarioWare game would be perfect for it. Some hybrid of Mega Party Games, Twisted and Smooth Moves. The various souvenirs would be great ways to mess around with applications for all the tech too. A drum kit you can just go to town on with both joycons, a piano you use the touch screen for, swing a sword around and cut things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4825
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,992 Posts
    They could play around with the fourth wall even more and have games that require you to quickly attach or detach the joycons, or dock/undock the system

Use 100% of the Switch's unique features as gameplay elements

Edited:

Simple example, a microgame that starts with the system docked, and has you waiting for your toast sticking out of the toaster to be perfect; when it is, you have to quickly pull the Switch out of its dock before the toast burns

When done right, the device screen will look like amusingly patterned toast when you pull it out, then prompt you to re-dock it and move onto the next microgame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4826

Frosty ❄️ Member

July 2010
    12,752 Posts
    They could play around with the fourth wall even more and have games that require you to quickly attach or detach the joycons, or dock/undock the system

Edited:

Simple example, a microgame that starts with the system docked, and has you waiting for your toast sticking out of the toaster to be perfect; when it is, you have to quickly pull the Switch out of its dock before the toast burns

When done right, the device screen will look like amusingly patterned toast when you pull it out, then prompt you to re-dock it and move onto the next microgame
    They would have to fix the dock before they could do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4827
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts

Edited:

With how the stock dock is designed people would be gouging deep scratches in their screen with a game like that

Edited:

HD Rumble, in-built gyro, motion control, buttons + analog stick... It's the perfect console for a WarioWare game and a WarioWare game would be perfect for it. Some hybrid of Mega Party Games, Twisted and Smooth Moves. The various souvenirs would be great ways to mess around with applications for all the tech too. A drum kit you can just go to town on with both joycons, a piano you use the touch screen for, swing a sword around and cut things.
    On the topic of the touchscreen I'm pretty sure games aren't allowed to use it since it's not accessible while docked.

It's purely for UI stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #4828
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,281 Posts

Welp, adding this to my bucket list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #4829
    October 2015
    989 Posts

Setups like this are why I think VR arcades should become a bigger thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

30. Post #4830
    December 2014
    2,472 Posts

fuk splatzone
    That looks like Humpback in the background, so yeah. I'd be inclined to agree.

Any other stage (besides Sturgeon), and all you really need is something with a decent rate of fire and a bomb launcher. If you have those, it's not too hard to hold a Splat Zone if your team is relatively competent.

On the topic of the touchscreen I'm pretty sure games aren't allowed to use it since it's not accessible while docked.

There are some Switch games that only work on the touch screen (and got a lot of understandable flak for doing so), so my thinking is that Nintendo would allow you to use it for games, but probably trusts that most developers have enough common sense to realize that it should not be an absolute requirement, and maybe just a small enhancement at best in portable mode.

Of course, not every developer has that common sense, and would rather just port their mobile game straight over to the Switch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

31. Post #4831
    February 2013
    10,877 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #4832

Voez is only playable with the touchscreen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #4833
    February 2013
    10,877 Posts

Uh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #4834
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,266 Posts
    ^They probably get banned for using it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events

35. Post #4835
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #4836
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,487 Posts
    Pardon my ignorance but what game is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Vivaldi United States Show Events

37. Post #4837
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,709 Posts
    Pardon my ignorance but what game is that?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_E...ws_of_Valentia
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #4838
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,439 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #4839
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    7,734 Posts
    Why thought? It's true
    Little Timmy's parents aren't going to be pleased once he starts asking about the menstrual cycle because he saw it in Splatoon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #4840
    July 2013
    2,660 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)