1. Post #241
    July 2016
    651 Posts

2. Post #242
    August 2015
    16 Posts
    xpost from emporium 66
    I was thinking, wouldn't bronze for RED and gold for BLU work to further differentiate the texture between the teams?

Matter of fact, that actually gave me an idea for an Engi revolver myself.

3. Post #243
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts
    I was thinking, wouldn't bronze for RED and gold for BLU work to further differentiate the texture between the teams?

Matter of fact, that actually gave me an idea for an Engi revolver myself.
    In the past, it's been silver on BLU and gold on RED to differentiate things

4. Post #244
    August 2015
    16 Posts
    In the past, it's been silver on BLU and gold on RED to differentiate things
    I know, but the idea was to use the closest metallic comparison to whatever the yellow and orange team colors for items was called.

5. Post #245
    July 2015
    33 Posts
    Our approach for this year's Arms Race

The Hawk Eye

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Switzerland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    October 2010
    1,126 Posts
    please Ertz, release our baby for arms race 3, please !^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    February 2016
    654 Posts
    please Ertz, release our baby for arms race 3, please !^^
    Unfortunately, one of the main rules of Arms Race is not to repost older submissions, and to instead create new ones before the designated deadlines.

It's beautifully made, but given how this has been around for a while, it wouldn't fly as a competition submission.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #248

June 2017
    7 Posts
    I think I'm done, but always appreciate suggestions.

sorry for the massive image last time someone wanted bigger images :)
    Edit: Just found out about lods. Do I need to simplify the model or can i just use the reference one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

9. Post #249
    August 2013
    488 Posts
    I think I'm done, but always appreciate suggestions.

sorry for the massive image last time someone wanted bigger images :)
    Edit: Just found out about lods. Do I need to simplify the model or can i just use the reference one?
    You always have to create lods. Eventhoug TF2 is an old game already, keep in mind that some computer still can't bring the performace to run this game.
    About the model, I think there is too much happening. I have problems to figure out what parts are used in this gun. Take a look on other guns of the game. They all have just a little amount of parts:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250

April 2016
    115 Posts
    Here is concept art for shield secondary for Demoman, called Visible Mood of Violence (The brown thing on the side is a big stain of scrumpy).

Claimable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    Here is concept art for shield secondary for Demoman, called Visible Mood of Violence (The brown thing on the side is a big stain of scrumpy).

Claimable
    Thought it was a Sapper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,576 Posts

Made my entry: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1082767306

I know it's a bit silly but I had fun making it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

13. Post #253
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #254
    August 2013
    488 Posts
    Why not holding like that?

15. Post #255
    June 2015
    97 Posts
    Why not holding like that?

-image-
    It's meant to be a throwable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #256
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts

gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

17. Post #257

June 2017
    7 Posts
    So i made a lowpoly lod and eventhough i did set up the weight paint to work with the new model in blender,
    when i export it, this happens. Reference model still works.

There are also problems with the baked ambient occlusion. Is it possible to have different textures for lods?

18. Post #258
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    4,018 Posts
    So i made a lowpoly lod and eventhough i did set up the weight paint to work with the new model in blender,
    when i export it, this happens. Reference model still works.

There are also problems with the baked ambient occlusion. Is it possible to have different textures for lods?
    Skinning for LODs is determined by the skinning on your reference model (LOD0 for simplicity), the vertices on the LOD meshes will get their skin weights from whatever value the nearest vertex has on LOD0. Your skin weights are going weird because some vertices have moved position in the LOD to be closer to a vertex with completely different weights.

There is no qc command that allows you to manually assign skinning to your LOD meshes (at least for TF2, Dota 2 does have a command for this), the best you can do is move your vertices around to closer match those of LOD0.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts
    Donhonk and I got this done and up

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 27Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    Donhonk and I got this done and up

Overpowered stats idea (I had this idea for an Engie pistol called the Coonhound)

+when the light is on, enemy spies can be seen under the spotlight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    There's about a week left now!

Let's have a quick poll on the voting period...

How long do you think the voting should take?

7 days

10 days

14 days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 40Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,491 Posts

"Stealthy is the name, Spy is the game"

Welrod
    XPost from Emporium.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #263
    July 2017
    18 Posts
    I'm surprised no one has made an Arisaka type rifle for the Sniper yet, almost every other WWII rifle has been made by the community except that one

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,491 Posts
    Arisaka type rifle
    Just make a concept and post it on Emporium and the discord otherwise it's a nice rifle.

25. Post #265
    July 2017
    18 Posts
    Just make a concept and post it on Emporium and the discord otherwise it's a nice rifle.
    Oh believe me, I would if I had the skill to do so

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,491 Posts
    Oh believe me, I would if I had the skill to do so
    You don't always need skill. Otherwise this wouldn't of been made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts

"This knife wasn't made in france, but its wielded by a man who might be."

The Swiss Sommelier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    January 2015
    1,748 Posts
    why not "swiss sommelier?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    why not "swiss sommelier?"
    fuck, I'll gather the elder to discuss

ok, the elder have spoken

30. Post #270
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    April 2015
    296 Posts
    Is it based off a Hecate II?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #272
    January 2015
    1,748 Posts
    fuck, I'll gather the elder to discuss

ok, the elder have spoken
    The name hasn't changed on the workshop, can it not be changed?

33. Post #273
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Snipped old post, got it worked out. So instead here's the Workshop link for something else!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1092393416
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

35. Post #275
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    The Cost Cutters

click
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #277
    August 2013
    488 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #278
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    why are there no faces on the inside of what i assume is the muzzle brake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    July 2011
    941 Posts
    WOO, got them done in time!

Fail-Proof Fighting Knives

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #280

June 2017
    7 Posts
    Done!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1095749807
    Thanks for helping with phong and weightpaint problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)