1. Post #201
    August 2013
    703 Posts
    Gonna try to finish before the deadline.

Guess I'll post a small update. The Grenade launcher and PPSH were almost done but we ran into a problem with the animations so we gotta redo the anims completely. Sadly they're gonna take a bit more time to upload.

the part on the end of the barrel where it gets bigger looks a bit out of place imo, try replacing it with something else or taking it off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Israel Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    the part on the end of the barrel where it gets bigger looks a bit out of place imo, try replacing it with something else or taking it off
    Well I posted this in discord but I'll post it here. It's a gun made by several parts of 4 different guns.
    1. Vicker's Machine Gun
    2. Bar Machine Gun
    3. De Isle Carbine
    4. 12 Gauge Shotgun
    5. Various Scopes from WW2

3. Post #203
    March 2017
    279 Posts
    Gonna try to finish before the deadline.

Guess I'll post a small update. The Grenade launcher and PPSH were almost done but we ran into a problem with the animations so we gotta redo the anims completely. Sadly they're gonna take a bit more time to upload.
    It looks like the Sniper's hand will clip through the magazine in the front.

4. Post #204
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    I've updated the the model since and I dont think the sniper's hand will clip through there.

Edit 1. Here's the updated model.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    July 2012
    806 Posts

Since the Steam Summer Sale is on at the moment, here's a quick reminder that you can donate games to the prize pool and have your name immortalized on the donors board.

There's currently 26 games in the pool and 2 Steam wallet codes. Depending on how many games there are at the end of the deadline I will be able to raffle off games amongst the non-winning participants as well and maybe even amongst voters. If you'd like to donate take a look at the bottom of the FAQ section.

Edit: Turns out that newly bought games on Steam can no longer be traded, therefore I'm gonna have to allow Humble Bundle keys as a substitution. I didn't want to do that initially since there is no way for me to verify if these are valid. I'm going to update the FAQ section later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

6. Post #206
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    Is there a way to buy a Steam game to trade it to you and not have it as a gift? From what I can tell there isn't but I may just be dumb.

7. Post #207
    February 2014
    931 Posts
    Is there a way to buy a Steam game to trade it to you and not have it as a gift? From what I can tell there isn't but I may just be dumb.
    Not during the summer sale, steam cracked down on that since people would buy tons of cheap games, store them in their inventory and wait for the summer sale to end to trade them away for profit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    "Only games that have granted as an extra copy, and thus have never been played, can be traded."

Darn, got a few games I never play (Duck Game, Mercenary Kings and Rivals of Aether) and I thought this would be a nice way to rid of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts

more on the way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 42Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #210
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Workshop entry here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...44&searchtext=

I've posted my entry file on your steam gadget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

11. Post #211
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,445 Posts

more on the way

like this tommygun stickybomb launcher from blaholtzens concept
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Looks more like a rifle rather than a grenade launcher and those four rings are too repetitive, imho. How about shortening it a bit and making it bulkier?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Well I should have been following this thread better. Been working with Vipes on a psuedo-Tommy Gun themed stickybomb launcher as well. Oh well, may the best Tommy Wiseau win:

To be specific, this has elements of a Tommy Gun, a Street Sweeper shotgun, and a SPAS. Originally it was actually concepted as a shotgun, but since it wouldn't work on stock anims I retooled it as a sticky launcher.

Still pretty WIP, gonna redo the barrel entirely due to smoothing errors, and not 100% happy with the folded "stock" either. Crits are highly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    July 2016
    651 Posts
    Well I should have been following this thread better. Been working with Vipes on a psuedo-Tommy Gun themed stickybomb launcher as well. Oh well, may the best Tommy Wiseau win:

To be specific, this has elements of a Tommy Gun, a Street Sweeper shotgun, and a SPAS. Originally it was actually concepted as a shotgun, but since it wouldn't work on stock anims I retooled it as a sticky launcher.

Still pretty WIP, gonna redo the barrel entirely due to smoothing errors, and not 100% happy with the folded "stock" either. Crits are highly appreciated.
    It Reminds me primarily of the DAO 12 more than the others tbh

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #215
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    The barrel feels undersized compared to the huge, bulky back of the weapon, I'd scale it up a bit to make it more balanced. Just like you I'm also not happy with the folded stock - it feels unnecessary and visually distracting from the rest of the gun. Maybe think of an alternative

(scaled-up barrel to ~120% and made the ammo drum a little longer)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    July 2012
    806 Posts

I've set up the voting process for a beta test. Give it a try at http://armsrace.tf2maps.net/vote.php and cast some votes so I can verify that the ranking calculations work as expected.

Please note: All test items have the same workshop link and image and the ranking is updated every 15 minutes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

17. Post #217
    January 2012
    451 Posts
    one month left for Arms Race 3. Still looking for takers on this piece

xpost from emp 66
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #218

June 2017
    7 Posts
    started texturing, but my gun is super shiny

without mat_phong it doesn't look ew anymore

flat shading in blender also looks a bit better but then you can clearly see individual tris and i think all the other tf2 weapons use soft shading

how do i remove some of the shinyness?

19. Post #219
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts
    1. Post larger screenshots, it's difficult to see the details of the gun.
    2. You can adjust phong with a few values here; you should really have a phong exponent texture that makes different parts of the gun shinier/duller depending on the material- and it looks like your gun has a few different materials.

20. Post #220
    October 2016
    83 Posts
    Random idea I had, a bulldozer shield for demo.
    with all the demolition themed items already in the workshop, this should fit right in.

CLAIMABLE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    January 2013
    1,419 Posts
    You know what, Tossing this old sucker in since it was one of the few crap ideas I made when I was a huge fan and kept visiting here. One that I tried making in Blender myself and gave up on because I felt talentless at art and better with money.

It was meant to be like an Engineer shotgun version of one of these CD launchers using the Rescue Ranger animations and models.

I don't know where the topdown version of the file went, but I am certain someone else can remake this to fit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #222

June 2017
    7 Posts
    1. Post larger screenshots, it's difficult to see the details of the gun.
    2. You can adjust phong with a few values here; you should really have a phong exponent texture that makes different parts of the gun shinier/duller depending on the material- and it looks like your gun has a few different materials.
    still got a long way to go making my weapon not look like a piece of soap but at least i know how now
    thanks man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    It Reminds me primarily of the DAO 12 more than the others tbh

You're correct, thought it was called a Striker. At least, that was what the file I grabbed off google called it. Either way I meant to say that instead of Spas, dunno what I was thinking a few days ago..

Also improved model, much thanks to Gadget's critique, it looks much better than before. Just gotta make the holes in the barrel and it'll be about good to go:

If anyone's interested in texturing this hit me up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

-Claimed !-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    October 2010
    1,126 Posts

Claimable again
    is that a python ?^^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #226
    August 2015
    120 Posts
    is that a python ?^^
    No it's a gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 10Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    January 2016
    87 Posts
    Finished the rig and base model and sent over to Hex for animating

For those unfamiliar with the project, it's a generator cart meant to power doors, bridges and whatnot for dynamic payload maps. Originally intended for my multi-pl map, Voltage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

28. Post #228
    September 2013
    222 Posts
    Finished the rig and base model and sent over to Hex for animating

For those unfamiliar with the project, it's a generator cart meant to power doors, bridges and whatnot for dynamic payload maps. Originally intended for my multi-pl map, Voltage.
    Is the idea behind this (aside from what you just said) to get to the end and power up an explosive? If so I want to see a map that uses this cart to the fullest!

29. Post #229
    July 2017
    10 Posts
    Hoping Valve at least approves some of these, I know there's alot of talent here.

Wish they'd look at more than just hats, most of the time...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    January 2016
    87 Posts
    Is the idea behind this (aside from what you just said) to get to the end and power up an explosive? If so I want to see a map that uses this cart to the fullest!
    In the original map the final cart overloads a supercomputer which in turn explodes and causes an emp blast. Of course when the prop is released the possibilities are endless.

31. Post #231
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Hey guys, I'm making a minigun for Heavy, but I'm not sure if I should keep it this shape or scrap it. What do you guys think?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #232

May 2012
    748 Posts
    Are you guys still taking submissions? I made this neat gun in hammer

Can I get the vmf for this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    June 2014
    8,261 Posts
    Hey guys, I'm making a minigun for Heavy, but I'm not sure if I should keep it this shape or scrap it. What do you guys think?

Drum looks a bit odd, what if you tried making it vertical and putting it on the side or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    Weird Tommy Gun stickybomb launcher is good to go! Still looking for a texture artist if anyone is interested:

EDIT
    WAS Claimed by ForbiddenFruit, he had to drop out. Still looking for texture artist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Decided to scrap the minigun for now

based on this concept, gonna be all class
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    August 2013
    488 Posts

Cool idea, but I think it would fit better to the engie as a wrench replacement. Maybe with some technical adjustments or maybe with one handle broken apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    August 2013
    1,769 Posts

you should use jigglebones to make the handle that isn't being held jiggle around

38. Post #238
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    Cool idea, but I think it would fit better to the engie as a wrench replacement. Maybe with some technical adjustments or maybe with one handle broken apart.
    When I worked on the concept, I originally tried to design this with the engineer wrench animation, but ultimately using the all class animation instead work better. Of course being all class means it's still technical an engineer wrench.

you should use jigglebones to make the handle that isn't being held jiggle around
    The 2 handles are designed to be held together with 1 hand.

39. Post #239
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Gave it some detail

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,509 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)