1. Post #81
    May 2017
    67 Posts

I designed a grenade launcher, although it's only a rough sketch. would appreciate if anyone want to make concept art
    Pretty detailed for a rough sketch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #82
    June 2017
    4 Posts
    also, it's claimable

3. Post #83
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

I designed a grenade launcher, although it's only a rough sketch. would appreciate if anyone want to make concept art
    Nice looking concept, here a quick coloring for it that came to my mind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts
    Lots of good shapes on that, should turn out real cool! Though Id try to scale up the front a tad, that area looks a little small from the side
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    June 2017
    4 Posts
    Nice looking concept, here a quick coloring for it that came to my mind
    Wow that's really cool, I don't mind using those colors

Lots of good shapes on that, should turn out real cool! Though Id try to scale up the front a tad, that area looks a little small from the side
    I'm looking forward to it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Indonesia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    its looks like something more akin to quake than to TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts
    True, but things like the Original are appealing in full tf2 style. I think it's possible, though harder than usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #88
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Voting will be easier this time around.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    True, but things like the Original are appealing in full tf2 style. I think it's possible, though harder than usual.
    because its worked to look like something that would exist within tf2's color scheme. if they can give it a good texture work it might work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    May 2017
    35 Posts
    I do not currently have the resources to draft the idea, but I thought I'd push it along - Soldier has the Cow Mangler to replace his Rocket Launcher. Why not a Cow Mangler/Grordbort themed Grenade/Sticky Launcher?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    February 2016
    654 Posts

A current wip of a gunslinger-style melee for the Engie I'd been drafing up for a while, and only now only started to get thing thing properly fleshed out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

12. Post #92
    July 2016
    651 Posts

A current wip of a gunslinger-style melee for the Engie I'd been drafing up for a while, and only now only started to get thing thing properly fleshed out.
    I'm trying so hard not to make a doomfist joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

A sapper, claimable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #94

June 2017
    2 Posts
    hey, my wep concept
    double barel spas shotgun
    its perfect, it will work same as in HL series and tfc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #95
    April 2016
    1,489 Posts
    Nothing really wrong with that though. Hell, the original Grenade Launcher, Pipe Launcher and even Flamethrower all used Quake's Grenade Launcher as it's model lol.

16. Post #96
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts

A sapper, claimable.
    bonus points if it drops a piece of toast when sapping is complete and causes a loud DING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

17. Post #97
    July 2012
    806 Posts

A sapper, claimable.
    Should have a fork sticking out of the slot and emit lots of sparks when sapping.

On a more serious note, I'd say the "Sapper" aspect of the design is maybe not developed enough. It looks just like a toaster - not like a toaster that was modified and turned into a sapper. Also, the digital display might be too modern for the 60s. How about going for a more iconic toaster shape from the 50s or 60s? There are many interesting vintage toaster designs out there that use more rounded corners and less rectangular shapes. I'd love to see an alternative design going in that direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #98
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts
    Should have a fork sticking out of the slot and emit lots of sparks when sapping.

On a more serious note, I'd say the "Sapper" aspect of the design is maybe not developed enough. It looks just like a toaster - not like a toaster that was modified and turned into a sapper. Also, the digital display might be too modern for the 60s. How about going for a more iconic toaster shape from the 50s or 60s? There are many interesting vintage toaster designs out there that use more rounded corners and less rectangular shapes. I'd love to see an alternative design going in that direction.
    The fork is a really cool idea.
    As well you are right, going to rework it into something more vintage (and that looks more like a sapper).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    November 2014
    457 Posts
    bonus points if it drops a piece of toast when sapping is complete and causes a loud DING
    That's not just for bonus points, that's essential
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

Here is the new version
    (Display screen based on the 70's calculators)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    March 2017
    279 Posts

Here is the new version
    Fork's in the wrong way I think but otherwise a good improvement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    February 2016
    654 Posts
    So to clarify, Ceno, you're talking about THIS spas, right?

Because something similar has been done before in the past

If someone was to do another spas nowadays, chances are it'd have to use the same anims that all the cllasses use for the shotgun, and something that has an auto fire might be a bit too overpowered to combat against. It'd be hard to fight against a pyro who's just effortlessly unloading pellets into you.

The closest thing we've got to something Autoshotgun based is the Panic Attack, and the way that firearm functions is a bit more farer to counter as the user has to hold down leftclick to load the four rounds, before letting go to fire.

That being said, the spas would be a pretty neat firearm to see being done again, but as for stats and how it'd function isn't exactly set in stone unless Valve accepts it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #103
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    widowmaker

24. Post #104
    April 2016
    849 Posts
    and something that has an auto fire might be a bit too overpowered to combat against. It'd be hard to fight against a pyro who's just effortlessly unloading pellets into you.

The closest thing we've got to something Autoshotgun based is the Panic Attack, and the way that firearm functions is a bit more farer to counter as the user has to hold down leftclick to load the four rounds, before letting go to fire.
    actually the SPAS is special because it can be either an auto shotgun or a pump shotgun depending on what firing mode you have it switched on, so it could either be auto or pump depending on the game

25. Post #105
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    widowmaker
    is hot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
       "step on my balls mommyyyyyy"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #107

August 2015
    69 Posts
    So my idea was really bad so I ended up getting some help from Sims_Doc to redesign it into something more nice.

Still a heavy work in progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    November 2014
    457 Posts
    So my idea was really bad so I ended up getting some help from Sims_Doc to redesign it into something more nice.

Still a heavy work in progress.
    To me it looks like a Direct Hit with 10 rockets loaded

29. Post #109
    September 2015
    223 Posts

Here is the new version
    Someone finally got around to drawing my computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    I've finished the texture for the most part. Any input to make it more better is welcome.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

31. Post #111
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    I've finished the texture for the most part. Any input to make it more better is welcome.

It seems that you're missing an ambient occlusion layer and the wear on the metal is a little too strong. I'd also recommend showing off the model with some lighting in the model viewer and first person view in the game which makes it easier to give feedback.

---------------------

On a different topic: fellow Steam user Drewcake asked me to post her concepts of a "german beer stein themed medi gun".

Please add her if you'd like to discuss or work on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #112

June 2017
    2 Posts
    So to clarify, Ceno, you're talking about THIS spas, right?
    yes, but my version is double barel
    the original spas have only one barel, the lower barel is for ammo
    my version looks like this (just a qick edit in photoshop)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2V...ew?usp=sharing

mechanics of this weapon must be similar to spas from hl series and tfc (single shots and double shots)
    it suppose to be old school gun just like "classic" sniper weapon AKA G36
    sorry 4 odd english

33. Post #113
    January 2016
    87 Posts
    Gentlemen, behold;

The Wrist Wrecker

If german gunsmiths were nuts enough to produce a pistol (jesus fuck, a pistol?) big enough to blast a hole through two dinosaurs having a picnic behind the berlin wall, then i am nuts enough to make if fit in the hands of our beloved blockhead. Obviously enough, it uses bison animations, which suprisingly fit really well (not counting soldier reloading it by grabbing the back knob).

Funny thing is, this wasn't even my main entry. I somehow managed to model it while trying to find a solution to fix a clipping problem on a two-slot weapon... But anyway, it's open for constructive criticism and general feedback as usual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7 (list)

34. Post #114
    November 2014
    457 Posts
    -pocket Barret-
    Oh my fucking god a fucking pocket Barret!
    What a shame this game doesn't support mods anymore...
    IMO it looks way too realistic, maybe mess with proportions a bit so it looks more TF2-esque (shorter barrel, bigger muzzle, shapes that are not as slick etc)
    EDIT: Also i think that iron sight doesn't work, would look cooler with a scope like on pic

35. Post #115
    May 2017
    67 Posts

On a different topic: fellow Steam user Drewcake asked me to post her concepts of a "german beer stein themed medi gun".

Reminded me of a Canadian Squirt Gun

Speaking of the Medic, here are two weapon ideas

The Pill Pusher: A Pill Bottle-shaped Primary that fires pills

The Clubba-Club

A Giant Mace shaped Chupa Chup-like Lollipop

The One-Shot: A Force-A-Nature like Scattergun that only has one barrel and can only load one shot at a time (the bullets are very large)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    January 2016
    87 Posts
    Tweaked the gun a bit based on kos8bit's comment

Better with or without a scope?

Scopey dopey
    No zoom allowed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    September 2014
    119 Posts

base of puckle gun
    it make a origanl color of retouching a color?

38. Post #118
    January 2015
    1,748 Posts
    Looks nice but the proportions aren't exaggerated enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #119
    June 2017
    16 Posts
    My first time making a custom weapon for TF2, a harpoon gun but it's actually a gun

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    October 2014
    1,612 Posts
    I'd make the wire/string/rope slightly thicker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)