1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts
    Working on a few of Meta's concepts, this is the one I'm doing first:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,491 Posts
    I had a similar idea called the Dynabow (it would fire arrows with dynamite bundles attached to them)
    I always thought a crossbow would work better for the sniper and spy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    January 2013
    590 Posts
    Working on a few of Meta's concepts, this is the one I'm doing first:
    I was gonna jokingly suggest some name, but then I noticed "The Entire Horse" and I really don't think I can do much better than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    May 2017
    1 Posts
    man, everyone's concepts look so neat and clean. And here I am with a dumb sketch.
    https://ibb.co/cwv5fv
    https://ibb.co/eGahSa
    But it's just a sapper idea I've had in mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    July 2016
    651 Posts
    man, everyone's concepts look so neat and clean. And here I am with a dumb sketch.
    https://ibb.co/cwv5fv
    https://ibb.co/eGahSa
    But it's just a sapper idea I've had in mind.
    Hey at least you drew yours, I don't have SAI for my tablet so I had to make mine in MS Paint

6. Post #46
    February 2016
    654 Posts

The Essendon Eliminator

Still a few things I wish to fix, but either than that this is claimable!

-edit: fixed some things up-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

7. Post #47
    July 2016
    651 Posts

The Essendon Eliminator

Still a few things I wish to fix, but either than that this is claimable!
    I get what it's supposed to be based off and it looks fantastic! Hope someone claims it

8. Post #48
    February 2016
    654 Posts

Another take, this time with some class-designated filters over both items
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

9. Post #49
    January 2015
    258 Posts
    Reuploaded my concept arts because old one are broken.

ALL are claimable!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    All those laser energy tech ones are waaay out of place for TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51

August 2015
    69 Posts
    I feel like most of these concepts just feel too "dull" if you catch my drift. They just don't fit the whole theme and style of TF2, especially the energy weapons.

If you want to make the energy weapons look good, take a gander at the stuff made for invasion like the batsaber. You want to nail that cheesy 60's sci-fi theme instead of this generic, futuristic "badass" schlock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #52
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,715 Posts

Claimable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

13. Post #53
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts

Claimable.
    holy shit can i nab it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts
    Ive been updating this ^ post wiht more stuff, like this tommy sticky launcher for example, i might add/change more there, most of its still open too so dont be afraid to ask about em
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

15. Post #55

August 2015
    69 Posts
    I've been working silently on my own personal project for amrs race, a rocket launcher for SOlly and Im not sure where to go from here.

It's supposed to be based off the UB-32 rocket launcher pod but it looks like some sort of Grordbort abortion.
    Any ideas or pointers?

16. Post #56
    October 2015
    227 Posts
    Too many ovals on the front, reduce them but make them bigger?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    Can we post weapon ideas here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Can we post weapon ideas here?
    If you have any visual weapon concepts to share for the contest, please go ahead. However, if you are referring to weapon stats then there is a more suitable thread for your ideas.

19. Post #59
    May 2017
    67 Posts
    Okay then

How about a Sea Wasp in a jar

For the Sniper (Either called Jellyrate or The Irukandji)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

August 2015
    69 Posts
    Too many ovals on the front, reduce them but make them bigger?
    Thanks for the suggestion dude. Looks a hell of a lot better now.

Now onto that pesky exhaust.

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    If someone is still looking for ideas, here's a couple of sugestions.

The British 3.45 RCL recoiless rifle

A Webley revolver with an integrated supresor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Useful Useful x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Just recently finished UV Mapping and Partial Texture for color scheme. Any Input or advice for it before I get serious on it. :D

Updated to a brighter wood color for better scheme :D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

23. Post #63
    July 2016
    651 Posts
    Just a quick question but does your item have to be fully modelled and implemented into the workshop in order to get the medal? This is the first time I've actually tried anything in this sort of contest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,798 Posts

Still gotta do some minor things (like add bullets).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    October 2014
    1,612 Posts
    Repurposed Rifle

It's a shotgun.

Claimable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

26. Post #66
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    Just a quick question but does your item have to be fully modelled and implemented into the workshop in order to get the medal? This is the first time I've actually tried anything in this sort of contest.
    It doenst have to be on the workshop for it be participated for the contest. As long as its finished and using a set download link which they usually provide then it'll be fine.

Edit: You just gotta upload it to here with the usual facepunch tf2 emporium box with mod download and all, plus the things they ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    4,018 Posts

Burger time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    It doenst have to be on the workshop for it be participated for the contest.
    It does have to be submitted to workshop: Link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    It does have to be submitted to workshop: Link.
    So my project wont count unless its in workshop? I mean that makes sense but ours is using custom animations so does that mean I"m just screwed or its just my workshop entry is pointless sorta.

31. Post #71
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    So my project wont count unless its in workshop? I mean that makes sense but ours is using custom animations so does that mean I"m just screwed or its just my workshop entry is pointless sorta.
    What's the problem with uploading it including your animations to the workshop?

32. Post #72
    October 2014
    208 Posts
    What's the problem with uploading it including your animations to the workshop?
    Oh I feel stupid. Sorry for the hassle, my brain just realized that it wont cause problems.

33. Post #73
    July 2016
    651 Posts
    It doenst have to be on the workshop for it be participated for the contest. As long as its finished and using a set download link which they usually provide then it'll be fine.

Edit: You just gotta upload it to here with the usual facepunch tf2 emporium box with mod download and all, plus the things they ask.
    Okay, I was just curious as to whether concept art was enough for a medal or not. Thanks for clarifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Okay, I was just curious as to whether concept art was enough for a medal or not. Thanks for clarifying.
    Creating concept art is perfectly valid for a submission if you find someone to create the model. Just the concept art on its own won't count for now, I'm afraid.

Originally I had a concept art section in mind for the website but I had to scrap the idea for time reasons. Maybe I can get back to that at a later date and incorporate it in what's still to come. So there's still a chance you might get a medal just for concept art but at this time I cannot make any promises.

35. Post #75
    July 2016
    651 Posts
    Creating concept art is perfectly valid for a submission if you find someone to create the model. Just the concept art on its own won't count for now, I'm afraid.

Originally I had a concept art section in mind for the website but I had to scrap the idea for time reasons. Maybe I can get back to that at a later date and incorporate it in what's still to come. So there's still a chance you might get a medal just for concept art but at this time I cannot make any promises.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying.

36. Post #76
    November 2014
    1,303 Posts
    I have a concept for Ballistic fists for heavy they're not the best, the scales off and they're kinda confusing but if some one takes interest i could clean it up or even make a rough layout mock up in blender (for reference purposes) Also if the open part of it cant be done in can be completely gloved. On to the concept.

This was my original concept till i remembered that you cant use heavy's lower arms so i chopped it up and made this:

without heavy's arms it would look like this:

The part on the right is a view from the palm side.

claimable

37. Post #77
    March 2013
    2,452 Posts

Burger time.
    I've long since grew out of plain burgers, and this is somehow making me feel something I don't enjoy. :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

38. Post #78
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    I've long since grew out of plain burgers, and this is somehow making me feel something I don't enjoy. :v
    This is a Spy Sapper.

I was inspired to create a newspaper based weapon for the Spy after coming up with the name Cover Story. The idea is that the actually sapping device is hidden underneath the newspaper and that the newspapers are carved up; similar to how people would would hide things in books.

Even more concepts in this Album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    January 2015
    235 Posts
    This is a Spy Sapper.

I was inspired to create a newspaper based weapon for the Spy after coming up with the name Cover Story. The idea is that the actually sapping device is hidden underneath the newspaper and that the newspapers are carved up; similar to how people would would hide things in books.
    1. I'd advice to make the newspaper torn in several places (most likely, on the sides), with a few knobs/buttons and wires peeking out.
    This way, it could be turned on/off or adjusted; also, sappers are attached to a building with special wires, which have to come out from somewhere.
    Finally, this will also show better that it is a piece of spy-tech.

2. How about changing the headline to something like "BUILDING SET TO BE DEMOLISHED"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    June 2017
    4 Posts

I designed a grenade launcher, although it's only a rough sketch. would appreciate if anyone want to make concept art
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Indonesia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13 (list)