I <3 OTTERS~
    July 2011
    9,229 Posts
    Doubt people wanna see that

3. Post #603
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,584 Posts
    I think my storage guy might be the bastard operator from hell, but right now hes working in my favor.

If i never post again, assume ive had a deadly encounter with the number 3 waffle iron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #604
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,731 Posts
    Doubt people wanna see that
    Watching is only one portion of streaming,
    Character is the biggest, you need a decent character to be able to actually have a succesful streaming career, and use that to outweigh a bad looking stream

But also note these,
    streaming on twitch currently doesn't have free transcodes, your bitrate out is what everyone has to receive up until your stats are good enough for Amazon to care about giving you transcode bandwidth. (this is why Australian streamers stream at lower quality)

The old max ingest bitrate for twitch is your current upload speed (this will probably kill your download? unsure on your configs), this was actually upped to 6000kb/s within the last week (Beam still tanking at 10Mbit/s, because 4k)

🍞band2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Playstation Portable Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    8,434 Posts

My school has decided that the QoS will now apply to me as well apparently, rest in peace streamer dreams
    No speed tests! I almost uploaded my own Speedtest once I saw your post! Don't trigger any relapses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,974 Posts
    No speed tests! I almost uploaded my own Speedtest once I saw your post! Don't trigger any relapses.
    n-n-n-no...it's contagious

(please don't kill me i just wanted to show off my symmetrical connection)

(User was banned for this post ("No speedtests" - Kiwi))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

7. Post #607
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    18,943 Posts
    Mooooooooooooooooooods they're posting them again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #608
    [img][b][color=red]Fuck this isnt HTML[/color][/b][/img]
    February 2009
    2,796 Posts
    Where is based Kiwi when we need him???

9. Post #609
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    28,989 Posts
    Why is Swappa so horrible?

I'm trying to sell a phone, and with no accessories and in fair condition, I have it listed at $20 less than the next cheapest listing of this phone.

50% of my comments are "Can you do X amount?"

I'm about ready just to list it on eBay instead, Jesus Christ. It's already the cheapest listing by $20 and this isn't Craigslist, fuck off with the haggling.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,385 Posts
    Why is Swappa so horrible?

I'm trying to sell a phone, and with no accessories and in fair condition, I have it listed at $20 less than the next cheapest listing of this phone.

50% of my comments are "Can you do X amount?"

I'm about ready just to list it on eBay instead, Jesus Christ. It's already the cheapest listing by $20 and this isn't Craigslist, fuck off with the haggling.
    List it for higher than you'd sell it for if people on swappa haggle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,731 Posts
    Actually, speaking of speedtests, did a few today
    ISP is limiting my connection to my off-shore

Plex has to run in 480p transcodes to even work

12. Post #612
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,725 Posts
    i nominate kiwi as the best moderator of 2017
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #613
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,554 Posts
    Having a beater laptop (aka my Thinkpad) was a great idea this past weekend. I was doing video switching/TD for an event and I didn't want to leave my better laptop there while dances were going on. I still had to load something onto the projector screen so it was there for basically anyone to control the ATEM switcher if needed. Also it was good to have it so someone else can make graphics and put them on screen while I focus on video switching on like the 5 cameras we had. Fun times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    28,989 Posts
    List it for higher than you'd sell it for if people on swappa haggle
    The thing I totally forgot to mention in my caffeine-less Monday morning stupor is this is after people have undercut me. People selling phones in better condition and actually with accessories. Like I get it, they want to sell shit fast too, but don't undercut the listing for a phone in worse condition and with no accessories, you fucking idiot.

Like it's just frustating that I'm selling my phone for dirt cheap because it's an old phone in shit condition and I'd rather have a few extra bucks than a paperweight, and people are just stupid assholes.

I ended up telling everyone "I've adjusted the price but please do not haggle."

It's no matter to me, if everyone wants to undercut me I'll tank the price of the phone in 24 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    8,434 Posts
    I wonder what useragent a 2DS shows up as.

16. Post #616
    February 2009
    2,796 Posts
    God I hate scammers that lock up a computer with Syskey.

It's such a mild annoyance to reload the backed up registries, especially when I shut off the computer in a working state and didn't bother to check if someone put a password on before I backed up the computer.

17. Post #617
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    18,943 Posts
    I want to just drop this in here for someone when they get the chance to read it.
    The speedtest thing isn't a new rule. If you check my ban history (which is both varied and long, but thankfully better in recent times), you'll see a ban for posting a speedtest 76 months ago.
    It's not new and it's clearly stated in the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    February 2009
    2,796 Posts
    Maybe we should have a Facepunch CIPWTTKT Speedtest holiday and circlejerk about how good/shitty our ISPs are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    September 2011
    24,685 Posts
    Maybe we should have a Facepunch CIPWTTKT Speedtest holiday and circlejerk about how good/shitty our ISPs are.
    Mod approved idiot cull.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

20. Post #620
    Benedict Kiwibatch
    January 2012
    1,285 Posts
    Who in the fuck decided that the port flags for ssh and sftp should be lowercase and capital p respectively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #621
    January 2008
    11,000 Posts
    So I fucking got 3/4 of the way through pulling my LAN apart to upgrade to a new 1U switch when I discovered that the fucker isn't full gigabit. It's 10/100 with four ports at the end which ARE gigabit. FUCK!

Are there any mildly new gigabit switches out there that are 1U and don't have a million fucking fans in them that go REEEEEEE all the time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,385 Posts
    Jesus christ funimations website is legitimately unusable. I cannot watch a video for more than ten seconds before it gets stuck buffering then fails. This is regardless of what browser or device I'm on.

And I'm supposed to pay for this service?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #623
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    Jesus christ funimations website is legitimately unusable. I cannot watch a video for more than ten seconds before it gets stuck buffering then fails. This is regardless of what browser or device I'm on.

And I'm supposed to pay for this service?
    Daisuki is pretty bad too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,385 Posts
    Guess I'll fuck off and wait for KissAnime to upload it so I can actually watch the thing I wanted to watch despite trying to pay for and use the legitimate service

25. Post #625
    September 2011
    24,685 Posts

Fabulous combinations and yes I just did get a CM Quickfire XTi in MX Blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #626
    February 2009
    2,796 Posts

So my friend is drunk...

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #627
    I've got a bad feeling about this
    Dennab
    December 2007
    3,359 Posts
    Is he single?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    February 2009
    2,796 Posts
    Is he single?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    I've got a bad feeling about this
    Dennab
    December 2007
    3,359 Posts
    I'm flattered, heartbroken, and incredibly confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    January 2012
    3 Posts
    I'm flattered, heartbroken, and incredibly confused.

Well you should feel good, my second post since my account in 2012, you're worth a lot to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,852 Posts
    What even is this thread anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #632
    January 2012
    3 Posts
    What even is this thread anymore?
    Server reproduction.

Preserving our technologies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,852 Posts
    Server reproduction.

Preserving our technologies.
    And speedtests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #634
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    14,639 Posts
    So I fucking got 3/4 of the way through pulling my LAN apart to upgrade to a new 1U switch when I discovered that the fucker isn't full gigabit. It's 10/100 with four ports at the end which ARE gigabit. FUCK!

Are there any mildly new gigabit switches out there that are 1U and don't have a million fucking fans in them that go REEEEEEE all the time?
    That's basically why people love the HP switches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,554 Posts
    OK Atmos ssd readers are garbage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    illuminati.4gran.org
    December 2012
    12,731 Posts
    Took like two weeks to not be 0.00

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,357 Posts
    Ouch, that's gonna cut into the ramen fund.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,108 Posts
    I figured out what Linus is going to get next:
    It would be great for simulating a human brain based ai.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #639
    Took like two weeks to not be 0.00
    what am I looking at?

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,853 Posts
    I feel like for specific projects like that, you really ought to just setup a ram disk instead.

And or be a good coder and run all your shit in cache.