1. Post #921
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,251 Posts
    Jeebums those power and ground cables are awfully close to shorting. Shoulda just soldered it and tried it in the first place
    I was too lazy to go to the basement at night and the double-sided tape held it down pretty well.

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    8,887 Posts
    This Axon 7 on my desk is defnitely curved. Still think 2.5D screens are dumb but it was the only phone on the market that had what I wanted so \_(ツ)_/ .

Edited:

2.5D is also a dumb word for it. And so is calling the screen 2K.
    Well do you know anything about the others?

3. Post #923
    December 2014
    969 Posts
    Anybody else feel that 16:9 is much more cramped than 16:10? Both of the two displays for my desktop PC are 1920x1200 (Dell U2412M), and it seems the extra 120 vertical lines, in comparison to 1080p, makes a huge difference in just how much can be done at once, especially when it comes to things like web browsing, viewing documents, programming, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #924
    April 2012
    1,015 Posts
    5:4 was my favorite when working in anything with multiple viewports, particularly Hammer or 3DS Max.

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,001 Posts
    Anybody else feel that 16:9 is much more cramped than 16:10? Both of the two displays for my desktop PC are 1920x1200 (Dell U2412M), and it seems the extra 120 vertical lines, in comparison to 1080p, makes a huge difference in just how much can be done at once, especially when it comes to things like web browsing, viewing documents, programming, etc.
    16:10 in portrait would be real nice. Have the second 16:9 at work in portrait and it's so nice, especially now that every website is made by fucking morons and anything past 1000px is just blank wasted space these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

6. Post #926
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    8,423 Posts
    Ridiculously long lines are more annoying than some whitespace for me.

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,743 Posts
    16:10 is objectively better than 16:9 unless you are using the display to exclusively consume video content.

Its a shame the ratio has gone extinct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #928
    December 2014
    969 Posts
    16:10 is objectively better than 16:9 unless you are using the display to exclusively consume video content.

Its a shame the ratio has gone extinct.
    You can actually still find it very nearby, for example even the newest MacBook Pro has 2560x1600. Lots of professional displays also still have something like 1920x1200. But yes it is a shame that most laptops and desktop displays now only have 1080p, although it is understandable because 1080p panels are produced in extremely large quantities and therefore are more affordable. That does not mean I am okay with it though, I do want to see 16:10 become more widespread again, especially in laptops.

9. Post #929
    I <3 OTTERS~
    July 2011
    9,172 Posts
    Okay so apparently the Surface Pro 3's touchscreen is a lot better than my shoddy Wacom Bamboo, nostalgia is hell of a drug

10. Post #930
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,329 Posts
    I agree here, the only thing I think is worth taking credit out for is for education and a property.

I'd say everything else is non-essential and you should never take credit for. In my opinion, anything you can't buy with cash, you can't really afford. I wold never buy a phone or even a car on credit, if you can afford the credit, you can afford to save for it and pay less for it, and not put yourself in a risky situation.

If one can't afford a Pixel XL, just buy something cheaper you can as a stop gap, there are plenty of decent Android phones for reasonable prices these days, and even a 5S is piss cheap these days if you want into the iOS game without breaking the bank.
    i can afford it just fine

but i need to build credit so i'm kinda stuck

in the magical land that is the UK it's piss easy to get a line of credit on a house with no prior history, but here in america you need a decent score to get anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,743 Posts
    You can actually still find it very nearby, for example even the newest MacBook Pro has 2560x1600. Lots of professional displays also still have something like 1920x1200. But yes it is a shame that most laptops and desktop displays now only have 1080p, although it is understandable because 1080p panels are produced in extremely large quantities and therefore are more affordable. That does not mean I am okay with it though, I do want to see 16:10 become more widespread again, especially in laptops.
    i'd kill for a 3840x2400 display.

IBM managed it 15 years ago ffs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #932
    March 2005
    15,363 Posts
    Bit bored of writing out database entries for an assignment, so just filling it with things like this:

Code:
    INSERT INTO advertisements (id, title, user_username, category_id, location_id, description, pricerequest, picture, leftdate) VALUES (7, 'Hero of the Russian Federation medal', 'Evir19796977', 34, 111, 'Authentic medal of a Hero of the Russian Federation. Arrived at my house by mistake, seemed to be en route to Washington DC.', '711', NULL, CURDATE()),
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #933
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,318 Posts
    RAID-1 have no write speed improvement, but it speeds up read by n times.

The 10TB drive costs almost $600, whereas a 4TB drive costs about $165.
    There's no reason for you to get the 10TB drive with that price difference, unless storage density is important (which isn't in your case).
    Good to know, then I may just go with 4x4TB and run them in Raid 10 or even Raid 0 if I don't want the extra speed or redundancy (as terrible as it may sound).

14. Post #934
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,365 Posts
    Why would you buy such an expensive device on credit anyway. Putting yourself in debt for something that doesn't give you a long term gain seems like a pretty bad idea. And what's with you Americans and applying for a credit card of a thousand dollars? I've never heard of it around here, but I see it on facepunch every once in a while.
    I'm more surprised that it's so low. Mine just keeps getting upped by $1000 every year because I have good credit. I'm up to $6000 now, but it rarely posts higher than $700. I just pay it off. I just shuffle purchases around that I make anyway for cash back and credit reporting. It's not hard to do and you don't pay interest. But you do have have enough self control to not confuse your credit limit with the amount of actual cash you make.

We sort of have a problem that having no credit when you do want to take out a loan is actually WORSE than having bad credit. Instead of bad rates, you have a high chance of being flat out declined and deemed untrustworthy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,306 Posts
    Bit bored of writing out database entries for an assignment, so just filling it with things like this:

Code:
    INSERT INTO advertisements (id, title, user_username, category_id, location_id, description, pricerequest, picture, leftdate) VALUES (7, 'Hero of the Russian Federation medal', 'Evir19796977', 34, 111, 'Authentic medal of a Hero of the Russian Federation. Arrived at my house by mistake, seemed to be en route to Washington DC.', '711', NULL, CURDATE()),
    http://www.generatedata.com/

Pretty helpful if you are just looking to fill tables with junk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,107 Posts
    http://www.generatedata.com/

Pretty helpful if you are just looking to fill tables with junk.
    If you need long strings of text, I highly recommend the corporate bullshit generator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    8,423 Posts
    If you need long strings of text, I highly recommend the corporate bullshit generator.
    The pioneers avoid known unknowns; nevertheless technological paradigms engage non-deterministic cost efficiencies. Our streamlined smooth transitions conservatively accelerate global win-win solutions. As a result, the General Manager of Marketing showcases a fully networked connectivity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #938
    December 2008
    22,329 Posts
    I'm more surprised that it's so low. Mine just keeps getting upped by $1000 every year because I have good credit. I'm up to $6000 now, but it rarely posts higher than $700. I just pay it off. I just shuffle purchases around that I make anyway for cash back and credit reporting. It's not hard to do and you don't pay interest. But you do have have enough self control to not confuse your credit limit with the amount of actual cash you make.

We sort of have a problem that having no credit when you do want to take out a loan is actually WORSE than having bad credit. Instead of bad rates, you have a high chance of being flat out declined and deemed untrustworthy.
    fico 582, that's why :(

19. Post #939
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,365 Posts
    Ah, gotcha. Hang in there.

20. Post #940
    September 2013
    17,510 Posts
    Yeah I'm in the same boat because a $15 medical bill I never got was sent to collections who never called me...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #941
    December 2008
    22,329 Posts
    Yeah I'm in the same boat because a $15 medical bill I never got was sent to collections who never called me...
    dispute it with credit agency

i had something that i was patient for, but wasn't financially responsible but it was on collections on my report, ended up gaining like 30 points after it fell off

22. Post #942
    I <3 OTTERS~
    July 2011
    9,172 Posts
    Can't keep my Zowie monitor on 144hz while being plugged into my new tv through hdmi am i doing things wrong or should I be worried? It shows as 144hz for both displays

23. Post #943
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    14,207 Posts
    What version of HDMI does it have?

24. Post #944
    I <3 OTTERS~
    July 2011
    9,172 Posts
    The cable itself is an old one idk which version. No idea how to check which ones the TV has, it's a Sony KDL-46W5100. Googling hasn't returned hdmi version yet

25. Post #945
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,782 Posts
    What are your guys' favorite chassis fans? I had as many as 6 AF120s, now down to 2 because they're pieces of shit and start grinding just outside of warranty.

LED/RGB is cool, but if the best ones are non-LED then whatever

26. Post #946
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,573 Posts
    What are your guys' favorite chassis fans?
    You said it

Edited:

Either that or Delta THA1248BE

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,131 Posts
    Is it possible to install a 64 bit Windows on a Mac Mini with a 64 bit Core 2 Duo, but EFI32?

Follow-up question, is there a 64 bit version of Windows 7 Thin PC?

28. Post #948
    I'm lucky. Opened a $500 credit card with my bank in August. I now have a 760 Fico.

Edited:

What are your guys' favorite chassis fans? I had as many as 6 AF120s, now down to 2 because they're pieces of shit and start grinding just outside of warranty.

LED/RGB is cool, but if the best ones are non-LED then whatever
    GentleTyphoon AP13's.
    Noctua NF-A15

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,717 Posts
    I'd just like to thank everyone for all the help they gave me a few years ago, helping me out by donating hardware and games and stuff. I just wanted to let you all know I still appreciate it to this day. I even still have a few pieces that I still use now.

Thanks again guys. I'll try to stick around again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)