1. Post #2361
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,556 Posts
    I think he's the most powerful he's ever been
    Seeing as he's now Fat Reaper.
    Before he was Fat McCree, now he's both in pretty much every matchup, except for maybe vs Pharah.
    Oizen, with all due respect, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Especially the Reaper part, since I """"""""main""""""""" Reaper and play Roadhog often enough to know how they're supposed to work and their main differences. McCree too, but to a lesser degree.
    Also, this ... obsession of yours towards Roadhog is starting to get unhealthy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 22Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2362
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts
    Okay, there's definitely something fucky with the map selection. It's utterly fucking unplayable for me between 8-12 because it's literally just a fucking eichenwalde/anubis rotation. If I play at some crazy time like 4AM it's suddenly KoTH every single game.

Edited:

JUST got my third fucking anubis game today after posting that, coming from two eichenwalde games. I'm fucking done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #2363
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,647 Posts
    Oizen, with all due respect, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Especially the Reaper part, since I """"""""main""""""""" Reaper and play Roadhog often enough to know how they're supposed to work and their main differences. McCree too, but to a lesser degree.
    I don't?

Are you saying his reduced spread hasn't increased Roadhog's value as a dps outside of the hook significantly?

The cooldown increase is near irrelevant, I really doubt anyone was throwing out their hook every 6 seconds on the dot before, that just be wasteful.

there are ways to make him oneshot just as consistantly as ever even with the 2m -> 3.5m increase.

So I'm really failing to see how he isn't the most powerful he's ever been.

Maybe not in the hands of silvers, but anyone worth their shit will go farther with this version of hog over any other version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2364
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts

I love this Quake mode easter egg that happened when I won the game.

I remember this happening back during beta as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2365
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    Don't worry he has a hate obsession with the big old German guy too, and that can be considered unhealthy as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

6. Post #2366
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,913 Posts
    I actually really like Orisa. She seems so uninspired on paper, but so fun to play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #2367
    December 2015
    1,103 Posts
    Anyone else think this obsession with hating Oizen's obsession on certain Overwatch heroes is a bit weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2368
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts
    I actually really like Orisa. She seems so uninspired on paper, but so fun to play
    It's really fun to rat out hiding snipers, or suck people off an edge.

What surprises me the most about Orisa is that she actually has the ability to crouch, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2369
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    5,395 Posts
    Anyone else think this obsession with hating Oizen's obsession on certain Overwatch heroes is a bit weird
    both obsessions are unhealthy and annoying.

Orisa is so much fun i'm almost certain she'll be my new main
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2370
    August 2014
    4,851 Posts
    Fuck Reinhardt.
    I know he's a hot grandpa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2371
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts

(and that's just since last time I restarted the game, I don't know why I'm still playing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

12. Post #2372
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #2373
    Being honest though, I consider Roadhog one of the worst designed characters in Overwatch. The only one who tops him is Mei, and then third worst is Reinhardt for just being fucking boring.
    Like it doesn't feel like a balance issue, the very mechanics and ideas that make up what he is are fuckin' terrible and broken and it's like you can't shift him without either making him more powerful, or potentially useless. He's simultaneously too powerful, broken by design, and has an extremely low skill ceiling. Oh and all the roadhog main babs throw a shitfit if you touch him so that's nice too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #2374
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,556 Posts
    I don't?
    Are you saying his reduced spread hasn't increased Roadhog's value as a dps outside of the hook significantly?
    The cooldown increase is near irrelevant, I really doubt anyone was throwing out their hook every 6 seconds on the dot before, that just be wasteful.
    there are ways to make him oneshot just as consistantly as ever even with the 2m -> 3.5m increase.
    So I'm really failing to see how he isn't the most powerful he's ever been.
    Maybe not in the hands of silvers, but anyone worth their shit will go farther with this version of hog over any other version.
    I was mainly complaining about you putting Roadhog and Reaper on the same shelf, to be honest.
    About the point you raised, and also quoting Mister Sandman on the same subject

Being honest though, I consider Roadhog one of the worst designed characters in Overwatch.[...]
    Like it doesn't feel like a balance issue, the very mechanics and ideas that make up what he is are fuckin' terrible and broken and it's like you can't shift him without either making him more powerful, or potentially useless. He's simultaneously too powerful, broken by design, and has an extremely low skill ceiling. Oh and all the roadhog main babs throw a shitfit if you touch him so that's nice too
    The whole design idea behind Roadhog is that he's a hero who can one or two-shoot the other heroes if he's left undisturbed, the trade of being he's a tank without any shield or armor to speak off and finds himself in serious trouble if two heroes at a time or more decide to focus on him.
    You can argue that his main design idea is bullshit, and it may as well could be, but you can't say that Roadhog being able, under the right circumstances and against kinda careless opponents, to easy kill a nice chunk of heroes 1vs1 is "against his character" or "it shouldn't be allowed period", because at that point he may as well be a big beef of a hero who can do some damage and that's it: you are asking to hollow him out and leaving him as a completely useless pick.
    Also Oizen, althought I always expressed my strong aversion to the Roadhog's nerfs we have recived, but I'm open to discussing them nontheless, let's just say that it was extremely naive of you not to expect that, Blizzard being Blizzard, reducing Roadhog's hook catching potential wasn't going to open the door to buffs to Roadhog's damage output and/or precision. It's kinda their answer to any balance issue ever in this game: pull out something bad and "rebalance" it by breaking something else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2375
    The Colombian Dragon of Facepunch
    March 2013
    3,571 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Colombia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2376
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,838 Posts
    -long post-
    Roadhogs design is just "truckloads of burst damage"; his main enemy is downtime where he simply can't do anything but stand there and take it, but a lot of people don't seem to realize his. The thing is that seems to piss most people off is that he counters the whole healing meta where everyone is just getting healed for 3000hp/s every second they're not behind a barrier.

Edited:

That being said the shotgun is way too powerful on paper, it's just so ridiculously hard to land perfect M2s that in practice it seems to balance out as if it was massively RNG.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2377
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts
    Aaand BattleNet is just "Blizzard App" now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #2378
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,202 Posts
    Aaand BattleNet is just "Blizzard App" now.
    Why...why would they change it to something that boring?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

19. Post #2379
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,696 Posts
    For anyone confused.

We’re going to be transitioning away from using the Battle.net name for our gaming service and the functionality connected to it. Battle.net technology will continue to serve as the central nervous system for Blizzard games—nothing is changing in that regard. We'll just be referring to our various products and services using the Blizzard name instead. You've already seen this recently with things like "Blizzard Streaming" and "Blizzard Voice," and more changes are on the way.

When we created Battle.net, the idea of including a tailored online-gaming service together with your game was more of a novel concept, so we put a lot of focus on explaining what the service was and how it worked, including giving it a distinct name. Over time, though, we’ve seen that there’s been occasional confusion and inefficiencies related to having two separate identities under which everything falls—Blizzard and Battle.net. Given that built-in multiplayer support is a well-understood concept and more of a normal expectation these days, there isn’t as much of a need to maintain a separate identity for what is essentially our networking technology.
    Battle.net is an outdated name for Blizzard's game service so they've ditched it for the app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events

20. Post #2380
    rthtrhye5hy5ehj56e
    Couldn't they have just called it Blizzard.net, Blizzard Net or something then?

Blizzard App just sounds so uninspired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #2381
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,202 Posts
    Outdated doesn't mean bad Blizzard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

22. Post #2382
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,489 Posts
    This, and the ability to move enemy players around is surprisingly powerful once you start taking full advantage of it.

And fortify lets you shrug off ultis like pulse bomb, riptire, high noon and probably more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2383
    March 2013
    6,369 Posts
    Valve responds by renaming Steam as "Valve Money Hats"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #2384
    November 2010
    382 Posts
    i've been playing almost only widowmaker in quickplay and i feel like i've gotten worse at everything else as a result (but definitely improved my widowmaker a ton)

i remember trying to do this as mccree and never getting anywhere with it. and i'm still not confident enough to just hop into comp as widow and not miss every shot. what do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Show Events

25. Post #2385
    Gold Member
    November 2013
    4,321 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,269 Posts
    Okay, there's definitely something fucky with the map selection. It's utterly fucking unplayable for me between 8-12 because it's literally just a fucking eichenwalde/anubis rotation. If I play at some crazy time like 4AM it's suddenly KoTH every single game.

Edited:

JUST got my third fucking anubis game today after posting that, coming from two eichenwalde games. I'm fucking done.
    Try Hollywood 3 times in a row.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #2387
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,985 Posts
    Roadhogs design is just "truckloads of burst damage"; his main enemy is downtime where he simply can't do anything but stand there and take it, but a lot of people don't seem to realize his. The thing is that seems to piss most people off is that he counters the whole healing meta where everyone is just getting healed for 3000hp/s every second they're not behind a barrier.

Edited:

That being said the shotgun is way too powerful on paper, it's just so ridiculously hard to land perfect M2s that in practice it seems to balance out as if it was massively RNG.
    The think that seems to piss people off is that he "punishes" the majority of heros for being close enough to his team to do anything useful with a relatively easy to land guaranteed kill on a, at least until last patch, short cooldown. Meanwhile Roadhog himself, despite his apparently crippling lack of shield, has enough effective health to misplay horribly and still come out on top, not to mention being near his time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2388
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,647 Posts
    I was mainly complaining about you putting Roadhog and Reaper on the same shelf, to be honest.
    About the point you raised, and also quoting Mister Sandman on the same subject
    Certainly comparing close range shotgun classes played primarly to fuck tanks is a sin.

Reaper really isn't good for anything other than that, he's too loud and slow to flank. His best use is a close range shield buster when you're playing Reinhardt footsies.

The think that seems to piss people off is that he "punishes" the majority of heros for being close enough to his team to do anything useful with a relatively easy to land guaranteed kill on a, at least until last patch, short cooldown. Meanwhile Roadhog himself, despite his apparently crippling lack of shield, has enough effective health to misplay horribly and still come out on top, not to mention being near his time.
    Bonus points being he has an insanely fast self heal that very few heroes can get through and also take down his other 600 hp.
    The main reason I don't play pharah despite liking her is that I don't think she has a realistic TTK for any tanks, Roadhog and D.Va especially. How many rockets would it take to down hog anyway? Like 9?
    But then if she did have a realisitc TTK against tanks, she'd be broken against squishies. OW balance is so fickle.

Anyway, Lucio was buffed on the PTR again. He's going to be my favorite assassin class now.
    Sonic Amplifier
    Damage increased by 25%

Heal Song
    Self-healing reduced by 33% (Note this does not affect healing done to other players)

Wall Ride
    Bonus speed decreased from 30% to 20%
    bliz please stop buffing S tier heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #2389
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    5,395 Posts
    Bonus points being he has an insanely fast self heal that very few heroes can get through and also take down his other 600 hp.
    friendly reminder that this game is not about 1v1 scenarios.

1v1 yea you might have problems against the heal but even then its possible to atleast bring him down to the HP he had before healing, two or more people will easily power through Roadhog's heal alltogether.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2390
    Try Hollywood 3 times in a row.
    I got hollywood 5 times in a row the other night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #2391
    May 2010
    374 Posts
    Never has the difference between quick play and comp been so apparent than it was today for me.
    Load up a comp match of oasis and my team is communicating really well and is very nice, and we win by changing up hero comps to counterpick the other team and to maximize the benefit of map design.
    Then I go into quick play and my team instalocks widow, genji, hanzo, sombra, and orisa.

It goes about as well as you'd expect.

Next map same thing.
    I think I'm just gonna avoid QP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

32. Post #2392
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,556 Posts
    I'd be happy to see a nerf to Roadhog's secondary fire because, as it stands, it's far too easy for Roadhog to finish off enemy heroes from a distance, something he shouldn't be able to do (you can't give a hero who excels at close range burst damage a mean to do relayable damage at long range as well).

Certainly comparing close range shotgun classes played primarly to fuck tanks is a sin.
    Reaper is the true "tanks fucker" of the two because, having more bullets in his weapons, he can sustain his fire longer than Roadhog and, therefore, do more damage in the hope to outright kill a character with lots of HPs, some armors and/or shields. Roadhog, on the other hand, has fewer bullets available, so he must manage his shots better than Reaper (with whom, instead, you may be allowed a mistake or two, depending on the hero) and excels at killing fragile heroes more than tanks.
    Also, the gameplay of the two is radically different: Reaper is built around the concept of getting close to your enemies as they are unaware of you and outmanuver them as you shoot 'em dead, waltzing out if things get dire; Roadhog, instead, is built around the concept of incapacitating a single opponent and getting him close to you, in a range where you can outdamage him/her, and shoot him/her dead as quickly as possible, else they'll retaliate and have a good chance at killing you.
    And yes, comparing Reaper to Roadhog is a sin, as far as I'm concerned. I don't go around comparing D.Va to other tanks, now, DO I?

33. Post #2393
    August 2014
    4,851 Posts
    Sonic Amplifier
    Damage increased by 25%
    So Beta Lucio is back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

34. Post #2394
    August 2013
    5,236 Posts
    So Beta Lucio is back?
    Essentially same damage per second but 1 less projectile. Which is probably better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

35. Post #2395
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    6,745 Posts
    Runaway vs LW Blue Spoilers

Kaiser played out of his fucking mind. Really heartwarming to see how far they've come from the promotion matches last season. Sucks for LW Blue considering how well they fought, but I love a good underdog story.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2396
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,985 Posts
    friendly reminder that this game is not about 1v1 scenarios.

1v1 yea you might have problems against the heal but even then its possible to atleast bring him down to the HP he had before healing, two or more people will easily power through Roadhog's heal alltogether.
    Friendly reminder that this game is 6v6, and when you have a hero innately worth more than 1, it adds up pretty fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

37. Post #2397
    June 2015
    509 Posts
    For anyone confused.

Battle.net is an outdated name for Blizzard's game service so they've ditched it for the app.
    "Log into Blizzard"

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Poland Show Events

38. Post #2398
    November 2014
    1,303 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 26Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2399
    August 2014
    4,851 Posts
    Hey i can now practice my right click
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

40. Post #2400
    August 2010
    1,436 Posts
    Good lord it's like Beggar's Bazooka in TF2 with infinite ammo on all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)