1. Post #2321
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    Speaking of weird Mercy fuck noises, it took me way too long to realize that I wasn't hearing a Mercy death rattle when I would spam Junkrat bombs. There's a specific bomb sound effect that sounds exactly like a moaning Mercy and it fucks me up inside literally every time, just because it's so out of place next to all the other, more normal bomb sounds.

Edited:

I swear I'm not crazy, look, you can hear it exactly at like 1:16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 6 (list)

2. Post #2322
    Interesting note speaking of this
    I noticed that there was a 'help' button on the voice wheel in the beta, which was removed

y'know, because nobody needs to be able to call for help, but god forbid they can't say "Thank you"
    Lacking voiceline wheel is probably one of the most disappointing things in Overwatch. There should be much, much more, such as no, sorry, wait, cheers/jeers, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

3. Post #2323
    Get off my rocks, you damn kids!
    January 2012
    1,756 Posts
    Speaking of weird Mercy fuck noises, it took me way too long to realize that I wasn't hearing a Mercy death rattle when I would spam Junkrat bombs. There's a specific bomb sound effect that sounds exactly like a moaning Mercy and it fucks me up inside literally every time, just because it's so out of place next to all the other, more normal bomb sounds.

Edited:

For some reason I always thought it was a high-pitched junkrat squeal of joy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 19Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #2324
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    11,071 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 23Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2325
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts

Edited:

ive always wondered what the hell was up with that sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #2326
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    ive always wondered what the hell was up with that sound
    You seriously have no idea how happy I am to know that it's not just me.

Edited:

Like what the fuck, bombs don't go "ohh, uwaaaaa~" even if they are made out of egg timers and bicycle parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #2327
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,890 Posts
    Anyone remember Big Man Tyrone?
    Is Tyrone west african or something? His French is pretty on point.

Edited:

He's actually from Cameroon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Firefox Australia Show Events

8. Post #2328
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,841 Posts
    I am so fucking sick and tired of triple or quadruple gold medal'ing every single fucking match and still fucking losing. How the fuck am i supposed to fucking win at this game? It feels like a random number generator. Why does my own personal skill seem so fucking irrelevant to whether i win or lose? I fucking cleared the enemy team, died, and then got to watch 5 of my teammates stand around attempting to kill a lucio so we could cap, and then getting instantly cleared out when their team comes back because they're too busy attempting to hit the fucker. Im always on the mic trying to coordinate and talk and give info but no one seems interested in listening or communicating. Fuck, the only reason i even won a game today is the enemy got tilted and left after the first (close) round of koth.

Edited:

Does it get better in gold? Plat? Diamond?
    Even at diamond passive teammates and people who can't hit a fucking tracer are a massive problem.

Edited:

On that note, lost 2 games in a row due to passive teams, someone needs to get the fucking matchmaking sorted. People just don't fucking go in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events

9. Post #2329
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    5,400 Posts

Edited:

all i hear is junkrat even if he gets high pitched sometimes.

so you might be crazy after all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #2330
    So is the new overwatch design philosophy going to be sticking a million fucking barriers in my face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #2331
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,560 Posts
    There's something that doesn't quite convince me about Orisa's walking animation: it's kinda stiff-looking. Then again, it is a robot, so it may be the whole point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

12. Post #2332
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,803 Posts
    "The fuck is this shit"
    "Try it, it's good!"

http://overwatch.tumblr.com/post/157913101551
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #2333
    But Stuff
    January 2012
    5,932 Posts
    They should really rename the merciful skin to "insult to injury"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

14. Post #2334
    March 2016
    153 Posts
    Speaking of weird Mercy fuck noises, it took me way too long to realize that I wasn't hearing a Mercy death rattle when I would spam Junkrat bombs. . . .
    Edited:

. . .
    I don't know what youre referring to. All junkie's bombs' do is make assorted ticking noises and pop (save for his passive ability in which actually make a cackling noise?). Are you sure its not just junkie's hee-hee hoo-hoo laughter? He does it constantly when engaging/shooting. Laying traps is a finer example

tho i think i misread what youre asking and just wanted to clarify its not the bombs making those sounds. at least i hope they dont...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

15. Post #2335
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,493 Posts
    For some reason I always thought it was a high-pitched junkrat squeal of joy
    Because it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #2336
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    Yeah that's definitely junkrat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #2337
    February 2012
    378 Posts
    I figured it was the sound of Mercy taking damage for the longest time, only then did I eventually catch on that it was some weird whispy sound from junkrat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2338
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,929 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 42Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #2339
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,641 Posts
    Like a bird flying into a window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #2340
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FAT FETISH
    June 2010
    1,230 Posts
    Reminds me of that webm of a Mei getting killed by Reaper's ult but her ragdoll just kind of collides facefirst into a wall, so it looks like that collision killed her
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #2341
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,929 Posts

Most popular mains on pc based on 80,000 accounts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #2342
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,533 Posts

Mercy in each one of them, i find that surprising
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2343
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,929 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #2344
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,784 Posts
    Regardless of viability, being able to pull back your team's idiocy of running into four ults by rezing them is a pretty good game changer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #2345
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    5,488 Posts
    i dunno what it is about mercy mains. they have around 300 hours in her and a few minutes in everyone else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #2346
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,107 Posts
    That single tracer all the way up in grandmaster though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

27. Post #2347
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts

Fuck Reinhardt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2348
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,275 Posts
    Fuck Reinhardt.
    man you gotta stop hating on the old guy, at least he doesn't smell like old kimchi and failure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #2349
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts
    man you gotta stop hating on the old guy, at least he doesn't smell like old kimchi and failure.
    Yeah he just removes a lot of depth from the game and forces everything to be about playing footsies at choke points until you're ready to Q press.

If Reinhardt ever fell out of the meta, it probably would be the most interesting meta we've ever had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2350
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,841 Posts
    i dunno what it is about mercy mains. they have around 300 hours in her and a few minutes in everyone else
    I still haven't seen a Mercy main who isn't unbearably fucking awful. They just spend the entire game baiting for stats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #2351
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,973 Posts
    Mercy is a textbook example of a pubstomper. She excels in an uncoordinated environment while sucking hard in competitive play.

Even Grandmaster is still just a pub and nothing like a real competitive match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events

32. Post #2352
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,277 Posts
    A lot of teams dont pick a healer until someone begrudingly switches, and if you cant aim, Mercy is your best bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2353
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,913 Posts
    Fuck Reinhardt.

Reinhardt past Bronze.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 30Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #2354
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,841 Posts
    If there's gonna be absolutely visual no indiction whatsoever that you're being frozen by Mei, can they at least fix their fucking sound system so the sound plays?

Edited:

I really have no idea which bin they dug this engine out of, it's so bad it's not even funny anymore.

35. Post #2355
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    my aim isnt reliable enough to be a good ana and i get more healing done whenever i play mercy. im terrible at aiming in general so if i wanna play the game and win at the same time mercy is my only real choice (you could say lucio too but i hate his character, the way he plays, literally everything about him.) im not like where i have 300 hours in mercy and nothing in anybody else though. i have 120 on mercy, #2 being 33 on ana and #3 being 12 on junkrat. mercy is the only hero i have time in that has a winrate above 50% too (most are below 40%)

I still haven't seen a Mercy main who isn't unbearably fucking awful. They just spend the entire game baiting for stats.
    what do you even mean by baiting for stats? the only stats she can do are healing and rezzing and if youre doing both youre doing your job.

Edited:

roadhog gets more and more popular the higher you go, just makes me wanna remain a shitter to stay away from him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2356
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,003 Posts
    I think roadhog is pretty balanced now, but I also think he takes the lowest amount of skill to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #2357
    August 2013
    5,237 Posts
    I think roadhog is pretty balanced now, but I also think he takes the lowest amount of skill to play.
    Absolutely. And it's good to have heroes that people can get into and do well as without much training. Where Roadhog really shines is his M2 meatshots and somewhat barrier-breaking, and that takes a lot more skill to do reliably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2358
    King of the Oil Refinery
    December 2008
    6,841 Posts
    what do you even mean by baiting for stats? the only stats she can do are healing and rezzing and if youre doing both youre doing your job.
    Constantly needlessly letting people die just so she can rez and just standing way too fucking far back, meaning they're basically utterly useless in a teamfight and you get rezzed into 6 ults.

39. Post #2359
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,656 Posts
    I think he's the most powerful he's ever been

Seeing as he's now Fat Reaper.

Before he was Fat McCree, now he's both in pretty much every matchup, except for maybe vs Pharah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2360
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    Constantly needlessly letting people die just so she can rez and just standing way too fucking far back, meaning they're basically utterly useless in a teamfight and you get rezzed into 6 ults.
    i guess, i personally play mercy like medic in TF2 is played. i never dive in across the map putting myself in harms way to save a person thats about to die (usually flankers), put walls in-between me and the enemy and stay behind cover, healing up people that are near dying first before topping everyone off, damage boosting DPS and people that are ulting. most rezzes i get end up being like 2 or 3 if it seems like they wont immediately get fucked up, with team rezzes being kinda rare since im not great at whole game sense of who most likely has their ults, so i dont tend to hold onto it as i more than often end up getting murdered by a flanker or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)