1. Post #1041
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,619 Posts
    My local salvage yard is having all you can carry for 75$ on Saturday.

Too bad there are no 2000+ chevys there.
    Any 99 s10's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events

2. Post #1042
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    Any 99 s10's
    Only s10 pickups

Edited:

Wanna pick me up an alternator for an '08 Charger and/or a power steering pump for an '87 Yota pickup if they got one? And I wouldn't say no to a transfer case, too. And drivetrains.... and new front end... no... no that's a bad idea...
    I wish they had anything like that, no new stuff hardly. Never seen a Toyota pickup there. The Nissan hardbodys are stripped within days.

Edited:

http://www.locosgringospicknpull.com/mobile/mobile.aspx

Edited:

I think I will yank some E-fans from merc's and volvo's maybe some chevys.
    And wiring harness's from chevys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #1043
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,428 Posts
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/21/wh...y-hits-88-mph/

Arduino-based OBDII reader/writer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1044
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    We have concluded over at SloppyMechanics it is a hype train of disappointment. You can do this all with a proper app + ELM. The writing availability will be far fetched only thing it will be able to do without extensive development for each manufacture would be able to send Canbus messages like they showed starting a GM Tahoe which you can also do with Torque Pro.

It will not replace a real scan tool with all PID's and diagnosis PID's to do test functions.

Plus if you look hard enough this product is already on the market for some time now with NO one with a amazing breakthrough at all with flashing a PCM/ECM.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1045
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,324 Posts
    Happiness. Everyone experiences it in different situations, be it opening a gift, spending time with friends and family, or anything else in between.
    Myself?
    A rickety old truck, some tunes, and the end of a good day. Every time.
    In life there are moments of euphoria where you have to sit back and reflect beyond visual perception. To look at your life as a whole, the people around you, and the things you've done. You should be proud of yourself, no matter how bleak things may seem in the moment.

Its a small world, with a finite amount of time, so I ask a simple question. What makes you happy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #1046
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    Happiness. Everyone experiences it in different situations, be it opening a gift, spending time with friends and family, or anything else in between.
    Myself?
    In life there are moments of euphoria where you have to sit back and reflect beyond visual perception. To look at your life as a whole, the people around you, and the things you've done. You should be proud of yourself, no matter how bleak things may seem in the moment.

Its a small world, with a finite amount of time, so I ask a simple question. What makes you happy?
    What makes me happy?
    Sleeping well tonight knowing if you blew up a carslie tire or not.

But mainly my happiness comes from sitting on the water in a boat or kayak fishing. You can spend a lot if time reflecting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    13,468 Posts
    fucking cocksucker caravans

driving down this fun as fuck road

taking turns at 50-60km/h, 80km/h on straights

and then caravan

20-30km/h at turns, 60km/h on straights

and there are plenty of spots provided for slow drivers to pull over and let others pass but of course the dickhead didn't want to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1048
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,324 Posts
    What makes me happy?
    Sleeping well tonight knowing if you blew up a carslie tire or not.

But mainly my happiness comes from sitting on the water in a boat or kayak fishing. You can spend a lot if time reflecting.
    I completely forgot, sorry. It was some cheap china brand called titan, whats the signifigance of a Carlisle tire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events

9. Post #1049
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    11,440 Posts
    getting crazy vibrations through the steering wheel, seat and floor when i'm driving at highway speeds.

i suspect its an unbalanced tire because they fucking cunt who fixed my brakes like a year ago tightened the bolts with a socket driver and its humanly impossible to take them off, so when i got 2 new tires i could only put one on the front.

Edited:

getting 2 new tires tomorrow but is there anything else it could be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

10. Post #1050
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,456 Posts
    Myself?

I have a very simple definition of that.

A sunny summer day, spent at the track racing. And then going out with friends to eat something at this local greek place.

That for me, is the best possible day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #1051
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,428 Posts
    I ordered my tuner and custom tune

Anyone else with a Crown Vic look up Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas GA. It's a hundred bucks more than buying from SCT or whoever, but he knows his shit so well, whereas SCT is gonna just sell you a detuned mustang tune. I'll let the thread know how well it goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1052
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    I completely forgot, sorry. It was some cheap china brand called titan, whats the signifigance of a Carlisle tire?
    I run strictly all Carlisle tires on my trailers except for one because it's hard to find in that specific size and F rating. My oldest set right now are 8 years oldish (No DOT Date Stamp) with light dry rot happening on the face that only appeared in the last year. That trailer only has a 3,300lbs boat goss but routinely gets hauled ~60miles at 80mph. All my other trailers have been sold but they were cargo trailers and I didn't have them light at all.

Only reason why I ask is because it looked similar to a Carlisle and I've never had one blow up on me. I've only had 3 tire poof's and they were loadstars and a goodyear.

13. Post #1053
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,456 Posts
    Anyone here with experience flashing BMW ecu's? I cant get the bench connection to actually ....connect.++
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #1054
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    12,541 Posts
    I run strictly all Carlisle tires on my trailers except for one because it's hard to find in that specific size and F rating. My oldest set right now are 8 years oldish (No DOT Date Stamp) with light dry rot happening on the face that only appeared in the last year. That trailer only has a 3,300lbs boat goss but routinely gets hauled ~60miles at 80mph. All my other trailers have been sold but they were cargo trailers and I didn't have them light at all.

Only reason why I ask is because it looked similar to a Carlisle and I've never had one blow up on me. I've only had 3 tire poof's and they were loadstars and a goodyear.
    Carlisles are preddy gud, I haven't seen many come into the shop blown out, usually they're just rotted as hell, which is more to do with them lasting like a century than any quality issues.

Goodyear trailer tires are junk as far as Ive seen. I'd rather roll on rim.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1055
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,266 Posts
    My local salvage yard is having all you can carry for 75$ on Saturday.

Too bad there are no 2000+ chevys there.
    those are my favorite, I'm waiting on one to try and pick a back axle off a Silverado with disc brakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United States Show Events

16. Post #1056
    March 2010
    881 Posts
    I ordered my tuner and custom tune

Anyone else with a Crown Vic look up Mo's Speed Shop in Dallas GA. It's a hundred bucks more than buying from SCT or whoever, but he knows his shit so well, whereas SCT is gonna just sell you a detuned mustang tune. I'll let the thread know how well it goes.
    I am very interested in how that goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #1057
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,994 Posts
    Anyone here with experience flashing BMW ecu's? I cant get the bench connection to actually ....connect.++
    Good luck, you're going to have a lot of headaches communicating with anything other than something like megasquirt. The stock DME's are super locked down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1058
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    2,306 Posts
    If I had the money, I'd get a Haltech, MCM uses them and I've never seen them have any issues with em'. They seem to be really modular and fairly easy to use.

19. Post #1059
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    5,694 Posts
    I've applied to work in a parts department again, hopefully I get it because I fucking loved working in auto parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1060
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,234 Posts
    So, at dinner last night, I was sitting by the window and happened to glance over towards my car. Something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Low-and-behold some jackass was sitting in my drivers seat looking around the interior of my truck. I immediately B-lined it to the guy and asked if I could help him as he closes my door and was getting into his minivan next to mine. He smiled and said 'nice truck. Give you $3,500 for it!'

Was I a jerk to growl at him to get away from my truck?

I can honestly say I've never seen someone do that before. Even though I've gotten into someone else's car completely on accident years ago because their door code was the same as mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #1061
    October 2016
    1,646 Posts
    Did you leave your doors unlocked? Lucky he didn't steal your shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1062
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,234 Posts
    I generally leave my driver's side door unlocked. I never keep anything in the vehicle worth taking, beyond a work hat and an ice-scraper. Not exactly something I think people would steal.

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,266 Posts
    I leave mine unlocked. if you wanna clean my truck have at it, there's nothing to steal but a towel and half a 12 pack of dr pepper in there. if you're so down on your luck that you need to steal a towel by all means have at it.

the rest of it is empty cigarette packs and old receipts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1064
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,234 Posts
    Now, mind you, that's if I'm somewhere where I know it's being monitored or I can visually see it. If I go out to eat somewhere or travel where I know I can't see the vehicle for an extended period, I'll lock it to be safe. It's just more one of those things of 'what the fuck are you doing in my car, that's clearly not yours' that threw me off with it. I've never seen someone do that, just happily enter someone else's car without permission and walk off as if nothing was wrong.

25. Post #1065
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,428 Posts
    I always lock my car out of habit, but I have power locks so it's much easier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1066
    January 2012
    1,816 Posts
    Lock your damn doors, we don't live in a Utopia. Not locking doors is how you end up sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #1067
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    12,541 Posts
    Used to never lock the doors in my ravSnore because it didn't have power locks and I'm exceedingly lazy, all i had in it was a scraper and some rags and oil.

Lock my Xterra all the time now, though. Has a nice radio, clean interior, and I usually have one of my handguns stowed away in it. Helps that all I have to do is hit a button and I'm good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1068
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,320 Posts
    My key doesn't unlock my driver's door, but does unlock my passenger door. All I have in my car is a cheapo radio and my trunk does not open unless the key is in the ignition, or you unlock it with the key, that also unlocks the passenger door but not the driver door.

I lock it if I have anything in it though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

29. Post #1069
    Gold Member

September 2006
    7,432 Posts
    Finally fixed the damn Eclipse. Put everything back together, double checked that everything was bolted down. And then it wouldn't start, and I was about ready to shoot myself. Eventually it started, let it run for a bit to assure myself it wan't going to blow up. Next time a timing belt breaks on a car I own, I'm giving it to a shop

30. Post #1070
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,266 Posts
    I only lock my doors if I'm in a shitty or unfamiliar area. the only thing worth stealing is the truck itself and I've got security cameras and good insurance

31. Post #1071
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    3,753 Posts
    Insurance typically doesn't give a damn if you leave it unlocked though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1072
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,266 Posts
    what they don't know won't hurt em
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1073
    I've got a bad feeling about this
    Dennab
    December 2007
    3,359 Posts

Also I would have beat the FUCK out of that dude, just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #1074
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    I have my general contractors tools + a portable something many peice stanley tool kit + a nice jack.

Also a really nice radio and a CB.... I don't lock my doors. I park allot at 105 E Continental Lindale Tx.

Please come make my day.

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,787 Posts
    My fuel pump died right after I finished filling it up with gas.

My mechanic is gonna have fun with that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

36. Post #1076
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    My fuel pump died right after I finished filling it up with gas.

My mechanic is gonna have fun with that one.
    get out the death wheel and tape measure. We got a hole to make.

37. Post #1077
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,787 Posts
    get out the death wheel and tape measure. We got a hole to make.
    I don't think we need to be drilling any holes. You can access the pump from interior of the car.

38. Post #1078
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    4,623 Posts
    I don't think we need to be drilling any holes. You can access the pump from interior of the car.
    o.
    Its a quick 5min job then.

39. Post #1079
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    19,266 Posts
    I have my general contractors tools + a portable something many peice stanley tool kit + a nice jack.

Also a really nice radio and a CB.... I don't lock my doors. I park allot at 105 E Continental Lindale Tx.

Please come make my day.
    my cb broke

Edited:

easy job then

40. Post #1080
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    2,306 Posts
    I have 3 CBs and a hand CB/weather radio, none work well at all.