1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    176 Posts
    I've found a spider spawner at 1532, 59, -1079, in-case anyone is interested.

Edited:

Zombie spawner too, different location. I'll probably set something up here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    21,869 Posts
    Those spawners would be pretty useful if you can get something like the bonezone going with it.
    Specially the zombie, give a nice source for swords.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    176 Posts
    Those spawners would be pretty useful if you can get something like the bonezone going with it.
    Specially the zombie, give a nice source for swords.
    I've also got some coords for a mineshaft with two close cave spider spawners, and atleast 1 other cave spider spawner too. (962, 25, -1647 and 944, 26, -1649)

4. Post #644
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    21,869 Posts
    I've also got some coords for a mineshaft with two close cave spider spawners, and atleast 1 other cave spider spawner too. (962, 25, -1647 and 944, 26, -1649)
    Mentioning that, I'm fairly certain there is a mineshaft close to where I've been digging away under my house because I keep hearing them but have yet to break through into it, time being I'm hoping it stays that way, don't really wanna clear out a mineshaft currently.

5. Post #645
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,802 Posts
    if you build the zombie spawner like the B O N E Z O N E (i.e they don't die, but instead lose most of their health) then that would be exceptionally helpful

there's a small chance that zombies drop iron ingots and other stuff when they die - thus we will be finally able to get a sort of crude iron farm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    6,981 Posts
    if you build the zombie spawner like the B O N E Z O N E (i.e they don't die, but instead lose most of their health) then that would be exceptionally helpful

there's a small chance that zombies drop iron ingots and other stuff when they die - thus we will be finally able to get a sort of crude iron farm
    and the abundance of rotten meat can be used to get emeralds from villagers

Edited:

Mentioning that, I'm fairly certain there is a mineshaft close to where I've been digging away under my house because I keep hearing them but have yet to break through into it, time being I'm hoping it stays that way, don't really wanna clear out a mineshaft currently.
    increased ore spawns in mineshafts though - its like minecraft knows you need iron

7. Post #647
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    21,869 Posts
    increased ore spawns in mineshafts though - its like minecraft knows you need iron
    My mine is already the iron house though.
    Like its all coal and iron with a tiny bit of lapis and redstone mixed in.

I guess I'll break into it and clear it out once I find it.

8. Post #648
    August 2011
    1,694 Posts
    I've also got several cavespider spawners and a mostly un-explored mineshaft near my igloo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    33,088 Posts
    Cathedral Complete!

Took nearly two weeks of building, but the Temple of the Holy Apple has been finished.

Here we have an outside view

A view of the interior, just as the sun sets behind the great stained golden apple

There is a dark secret behind this door~

And a great view of the town from the bell tower (bell not included, yet)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    176 Posts

Zombie farm is up and running! The area doesn't look as nice as the BONE ZONE yet, But it works.
    You can get to it from a nether portal. It's in the regular portal tunnel system thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #651
    February 2009
    33,088 Posts
    MajorWX, what is that massive circular building you are creating in the snow biome?

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,690 Posts
    Mind whitelisting me? Nick's Amic3r.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #653
    June 2009
    755 Posts
    MajorWX, what is that massive circular building you are creating in the snow biome?
    It's going to be a giant tower that I built on a different server.
    I have a screenshot of the old one:

I also built this mass extruder to give me the cobble I need.

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,398 Posts
    I'd really like to join! I'm aware I don't have the 100 posts required (only 65, now 66 I guess, I don't have reason to post much here, but I do lurk a lot). It's not often I find a good vanilla minecraft community, and I'd love to try to get back into it. I'd be delighted if I could join.
    What's your MC name?

15. Post #655
    November 2010
    100 Posts
    I'd like to join. Name is Finvpwner
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    1,304 Posts
    I'd like to join. Name is Finvpwner
    I remember you from Profan's server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,713 Posts
    So after much due deliberation, me and Fuego have decided to re-do the wall. It'll be straightened out and thiccened considerably.

Keeping in line with my Mediterranean style, I was mucking around in creative and came up with this design:

Any thoughts on how to improve it?

18. Post #658
    July 2010
    21,802 Posts
    add in some extra andesite to the tower and maybe make the roof overhang a little on the tower

there's also making the tower "curved" at the front

maybe make the gate jut out a little too

19. Post #659
    February 2009
    33,088 Posts

Any thoughts on how to improve it?
    Make the gate operational

Also add some color to it to break up the monotone look. Doesn't have to be much, just a white granite block every so many blocks across the center or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,713 Posts
    I actually devised a system for opening and closing the gates at that size specification, but the mechanism is literally almost half the height of the wall so I'd have to either raise it or have pitiful little gates might save it for a future improvement as I have at least four gates to make.

21. Post #661
    Limed00d's bottom bitch
    March 2012
    769 Posts
    Could a friend of mine be whitelisted?
    kamovfifty

22. Post #662
    February 2009
    33,088 Posts
    Desolator found a village, which I was close enough to visit. It has thee worse trade I have ever seen

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #663
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    21,869 Posts
    Desolator found a village, which I was close enough to visit. It has thee worse trade I have ever seen

Purge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    July 2016
    6 Posts
    I've always liked to add some designs to the walls because I think it adds some great aesthetic quality. If you're interested in that kind of thing I highly recommend this lil series below!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v_hJ-GoLDx4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    July 2010
    21,802 Posts
    restoration work is being carried out on the spawn castle:

Basic groundplan of the castle (occupied 1370 c. to 1683)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    January 2014
    1,547 Posts
    restoration work is being carried out on the spawn castle:

Basic groundplan of the castle (occupied 1370 c. to 1683)
    Um. That is kind of right behind city hall. And fucked up the roads completely.
    Can you at least fix the roads if you're going to put this here? It's kind of bad for a city's chair to be bordered on one side by a completely fucked road.

Edited:

From now on, for future reference, it is 100% ILLEGAL to change, alter, or build over any of the roads in Spawn with a few minor exceptions.