1. Post #1
    January 2017
    24 Posts
    Its to the point where if you have a paypal link i will give whoever solves $5AUD

Sorry, but im trying really hard, shred me if you must! i wouldnt be posting if i had not spent the past 9 hours working on this.

Is this really how you install Mysql?
    I have a Linux OS Based Hosted Server

I am trying to install
    MySQLoo 9 from
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1515853

I have placed gmsv_mysqloo.so.18 in "lua/bin/ folder (create the bin folder if it does not exist)"

I have also placed libmysqlclient.so.18 in "place within the root folder of your server (the one that contains srcds.exe or srcds_run)"
    (Except im not using Srcds.exe so i just placed it in the root Directory of my Server host where all the other server folders are.

I have also purchased a Webhost from Serenity servers just to use as a Mysql Database which i have setup

I have changed my pointshop to Launch the Mysql Data provider instead of the Pdata

So why am i still getting this? does my Pointshop stay in addons folder now? or do i put the pointshop on my Webhost that is outside of Public Html (the root of my webhost)

Code:
    [ERROR] addons/pointshop-master/lua/pointshop/providers/mysql.lua:41: Module not found!
      1. require - [C]:-1
       2. unknown - addons/pointshop-master/lua/pointshop/providers/mysql.lua:41
        3. include - [C]:-1
         4. LoadDataProvider - addons/pointshop-master/lua/pointshop/sv_init.lua:267
          5. Initialize - addons/pointshop-master/lua/pointshop/sh_init.lua:52
           6. unknown - addons/pointshop-master/lua/autorun/pointshop.lua:4

HTTP failed - ISteamHTTP isn't available!
    MDLCache: potatoplayermodel\potatoplayermodel.mdl uses a different model version to the engine (got 49, expected 48)
    MDLCache: jazzmcfly/nekopara/coco/coco_player.mdl uses a different model version to the engine (got 49, expected 48)
    Error! Flag "$halflambert" is multiply defined in material "models/khbbs/van/helm"!
    Couldn't include file 'includes/modules/tmysql4.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
    Couldn't include file 'includes/modules/mysqloo.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
    [Prometheus error at 15:11:44 - 17/02/2017] Neither MySQLoo or tmysql4 module could be loaded! Please go to  http://wiki.prometheusipn.com/index.php?title=Installation:lua_prerequisites  and follow the instructions on how to install MySQLoo or tmysql4!
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    ||				||
    ||	Loading  Prometheus	||
    ||				||
    ||				||
    ||	Couldn't load DB module	||
    ||	Add-on will not work	||
    ||				||
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||         ||
    And when hes says heres the binaries i just get a giant MySQLOO - 9.2.1 folder with
    -Examples
    -GmodLUA
    lua
    Mysql
    mysqloo
    +6 other files

Where is all that supposed to go?

Sorry for my incompetence, thank you for your time. : D

Update: few hours more of trying before Hating myself.
    I know im probably just dumb :( but i can build computers and all sorts of other things, but i was not allowed to take programming classes at my Highschool :\
    Only way for me to learn is from the internet!

2. Post #2
    August 2016
    425 Posts
    The file that goes in lua/bin needs to be named gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2017
    24 Posts
    The file that goes in lua/bin needs to be named gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll
    Unfortunately, i have tried that, I have also tried having both windows and Linux dlls just incase

At the moment i only have the lua/bin gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll

and in the Host Root i have myhostIp/libmysqlclient.so.18 that i have tried naming libmysqlclient.so.18.dll

but that also still results in the same problem :\

4. Post #4
    February 2014
    655 Posts
    Unfortunately, i have tried that, I have also tried having both windows and Linux dlls just incase

At the moment i only have the lua/bin gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll

and in the Host Root i have myhostIp/libmysqlclient.so.18 that i have tried naming libmysqlclient.so.18.dll

but that also still results in the same problem :\
    Navigate to the lua/bin directory and do "ldd gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll", is there anything that says not found?

5. Post #5
    January 2017
    24 Posts
    Navigate to the lua/bin directory and do "ldd gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll", is there anything that says not found?
    Navigate as in via FTP or console? if so do you mean webconsole? where do i run the command "ldd gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll"

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    277 Posts
    Some gsps are really strict in sense of modules and can often be a pain, send them a message and ask them what's up.

If not, sorry I can't help.

7. Post #7
    -snip-
    March 2013
    16,435 Posts
    The structure should be this: /garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/bin/gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll. It looks like you have it in a folder inside bin, instead.

8. Post #8
    January 2017
    24 Posts
    The structure should be this: /garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/bin/gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll. It looks like you have it in a folder inside bin, instead.
    This is my Directory.
    FTP Server host IP/ALL MY GMOD folds n files

I don't even have garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/bin i just have Host:lua/bin

if my Server was on my computer it would look like this

STEAM\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\Then here would be
    -Addons
    -cfg
    -lua

I understand that file path your talking about, but since i don't have GarrysMod\garrysmod i asummed i did not need that exact directory, is that apart of Sourcemod? (which i don't have) or SRCDS (which i assumed you use if your hosting a server locally, so i don't have SRCDS)

Hopefully you understand what im saying, you may be onto something

9. Post #9
    -snip-
    March 2013
    16,435 Posts
    Then yes, lua/bin/gmsv_mysqloo_linux.dll.

10. Post #10
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,074 Posts
    The libmysqlclient.dll file needs to be up a directory. It needs to be where srcds.exe or srcds_run would be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)