1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,696 Posts
    You are aware there was an actual, genuine controversy when the page on so-called Cultural Marxism was, for the most part, torn apart and replaced with the "Frankfurt School Conspiracy" yes?

If you're not, then I'll do the thing my high-school Spanish teacher did and say, "anyone can edit Wikipedia."

Except not anyone can.

Wikipedia is demonstrably steeped in bureaucratic hegemony and formalism, to the extent that someone's years as an editor count for more than their citations, their real-world expertise, or really anything else.

Cultural Marxism is a real thing. A real "not a conspiracy" thing.

Think of it like this.

The overwhelming majority of Americans think that the Civil War was a war fought about slavery. Not about anything else.

Except that it wasn't. You don't need to be some high-level History wizard, or a Southerner, to plainly see that on the run-up to the American Civil War, a lot of issues were at stake, bigger issues than just, "can we have slaves or not." Never mind that there were a lot of issues to the whole slavery thing that made it more complicated and nuanced than just, "have 'em or don't," like the fact that the places which abolished and largely decried slavery were more highly industrialized and urbanized, and stood to lose far less than oh, large agrarian regions with high demands for manpower in employment that is, even today, not preferable (or done) by people with any socio-economic mobility.

But.

A lot of teachers in America were taught that the Civil War was a war about slavery, by teachers that were taught that the Civil War was a war about slavery, by teachers that were taught that the war was a war about slavery, by teachers who grew up in the period after the war, when there was a genuine and invested interest in the creation of anti-southern propaganda.

Said teachers, teaching teachers, created textbooks that taught teachers. If I really have to do some weird magically hokey-pokey to show how that creates an intellectual bias, then this is all lost on whoever's reading this.

But, if you accept that the intellectual bias becomes created, then you accept that, the way you teach certain things shapes the reality of certain things.

Another example.

At the end of the U.S. Presidential inauguration, the President says, "so help me god." These words are not part of the constitutional oath of office however. They are based entirely on a likely fabricated account by a Historian who himself swears he heard them as an eight year old child at George Fucking Washington's inauguration.

So, a historian (likely) made up some fact, and that fact is now the actual fact, that formulates and shapes the oath of office of every president since then.

The way we are taught things influences how we perceive the things we are taught. End of story, on that, at least.

The idea behind the Frankfurt School Conspiracy (the actual conspiracy) is that a group of German Social-Realists realized this, and came to agree that you have to intentionally teach a version of the facts that you want to become the real version of the facts. In this way, you shape society in later generations.

You might argue whether or not there is some real conspiracy to this effect (my money's on 'there is not') but you cannot deny that teacher's biases can, and will, effect the focuses of their teaching and some of the salient effects of their teaching.

Or, have you seriously never had a teacher who blatantly did not give a shit about what they were teaching, and were a shitty teacher because of it? Can you imagine a teacher who secretly did not give a shit about their subject, and thereby was unnoticeable a worse teacher for it? Can you imagine a teacher who secretly believed in Intelligent Design, and taught Evolution less-well as a result?

If "yes," then congratulations, you've endorsed the Frankfurt School Conspiracy.
    Isn't it strange that you sound like a feverish conspiracy theorist linking irrelevant things together to prove that Cultural Marxism isn't a conspiracy theory?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,942 Posts
    It's crazy to think that jontron is now apart of Sargan's regulars. I just never thought I would see that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,712 Posts
    Isn't it strange that you sound like a feverish conspiracy theorist linking irrelevant things together to prove that Cultural Marxism isn't a conspiracy theory?
    facepuncher's guide to kafkatrapping, example by lonstriper, good show old boy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,964 Posts
    Glad to see my main man Fantano in this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)