1. Post #721
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,024 Posts
    I had steam wallet funds so I said fuck it and bought it.
    The SVD has half again to more than double the ammo pickup rate of the other snipers in its damage class.
    It is a absolutely a straight upgrade.
    Also, my AK-17 came as an AK-12. I don't think it is supposed to do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    June 2010
    1,068 Posts
    Great job balancing the weapons, Overkill.
    The AK17 (105 Total Ammo) gets a pickup rate of 4.25-7.80.
    To compare, the AK.762 (90 Total Ammo) gets 1.21-4.25.

The Grom (30 Total Ammo) has 2.02-3.04.
    Platypus (also 30 Total Ammo) has 0.94-1.35.

So basically, these fancy new DLC weapons get better ammo pickup for literally no reason, despite having comparable damage to non-DLC weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #723
    September 2016
    131 Posts
    What a pointless DLC. Is there anything new in the coding though? For future content I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    3,253 Posts
    hey so I got a bunch of codes to dispense so i'll give away 3 x codes for the slav gun DLC just rate this post Useful and i'll random.org it and the top 3 people will get a code

i'll draw it sometime tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 56Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    Great job balancing the weapons, Overkill.
    The AK17 (105 Total Ammo) gets a pickup rate of 4.25-7.80.
    To compare, the AK.762 (90 Total Ammo) gets 1.21-4.25.

The Grom (30 Total Ammo) has 2.02-3.04.
    Platypus (also 30 Total Ammo) has 0.94-1.35.

So basically, these fancy new DLC weapons get better ammo pickup for literally no reason, despite having comparable damage to non-DLC weapons.
    Holy shit wow.

Each DLC seems to put some weapons out of business.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Estonia Show Events

6. Post #726
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,024 Posts
    Boyfriend plays but doesn't read this thread, so I'm looking to snag one for him. He's a bit of a fan of the Bizon.

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    July 2016
    379 Posts
    I already got one thanks to Shotz but I could use another one to toss at someone else's face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

8. Post #728
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    Bizon should have been a low damage high ammo weapon like the MP5 and Micro UZI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Safari Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #729
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,024 Posts
    Bizon should have been a low damage high ammo weapon like the MP5 and Micro UZI.
    Given how they're balanced, it would have come out with as much ammo as the minigun and picked up eighty rounds per box.

10. Post #730
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    Given how they're balanced, it would have come out with as much ammo as the minigun and picked up eighty rounds per box.
    Low damage weapons need love too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    July 2016
    379 Posts
    Considering there's some secondary weapons that are equivalent (or near equivalent) to some primaries, I wouldn't mind a LMG equivalent, and it would have been real nice if the Tatonka was that.

12. Post #732
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    15,448 Posts
    buff lmgs already if we're gonna have this fucking destroyer of an smg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    buff lmgs already if we're gonna have this fucking destroyer of an smg
    I hate to e this guy, but there's Blazes mod that gives the goddamn BUZZSAW LMG 100 damage PER SHOT.

14. Post #734
    October 2013
    5,476 Posts
    I like the direction of more realistic gun packs but I don't think there's anything I need from this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events

15. Post #735
    sometimes I feel like going into a spastic rage so I can get a cool title but then it would be a bad title, and it wouldnt be cool
    January 2010
    15,448 Posts
    I hate to e this guy, but there's Blazes mod that gives the goddamn BUZZSAW LMG 100 damage PER SHOT.
    I don't use rebalancing mods because I'm constantly playing with other people and randoms

I don't use anything that changes my stats, even ones that let me apply boosts to any weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

16. Post #736
    June 2010
    1,068 Posts
    Code:
    npc_gage
    Soon.
    Hopefully.

Trusty semi auto sniper rifle that has been serving since 1963

This is a highcapacity submachine gun

AK 17 rifle
    Somebody tell Overkill to stop writing descriptions for the guns, because we can't even see them normally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,024 Posts
    Code:
    npc_gage
    Soon.
    Hopefully.
    Soon we'll be able to push his chair down a flight of stairs as revenge for his expensive crap?
    I do hope.

18. Post #738
    January 2010
    15,448 Posts
    a heist similar to hoxton breakout where you have to push gage

Edited:

maybe vlads brother and law pushes him and you have to keep hitting him to get him to continue

Edited:

or perhaps this is just for the safe house. Maybe he spawns in chains or wicks room or gets a gun store
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #739
    June 2013
    469 Posts
    Also, my AK-17 came as an AK-12. I don't think it is supposed to do that?
    The AK17's name ID is ak12.

20. Post #740
    January 2010
    15,448 Posts
    new ak doesnt have access to butcher ak mods, refund

21. Post #741
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    new ak doesnt have access to butcher ak mods, refund
    What's the third gun? I've seen the Bizon and SVD, but I hear stuff about another AK.

22. Post #742
    June 2013
    469 Posts
    The new AK12 as of October 2016

23. Post #743
    January 2010
    15,448 Posts
    WELP

the new balaclava's color customization is fucked

some of the blue doesnt go away

24. Post #744
    June 2010
    1,068 Posts
    Not sure how I glanced over this:
    Code:
    wpn_fps_upg_o_xpsg33_magnifier
    Seems like we're getting this as a weapon mod (correct me if I'm wrong):
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #745
    Dennab
    November 2014
    410 Posts
    Code:
    feels like a mix between holographic sight + a scope
    why haven't we goten sights that's just a scope within a scope within a scope within a scope within a scope?

oh and the old party music from diamond heist (before they added in some of simon viklund's unreleated to PD songs to it) it feels like some generic party music (it's 15 seconds long) [stream file #396158895 in lvl_dia_sfx.]
    and the DJ at the party says the names of ALL of the "lucky 200 / 100" and some of them have some funny names like "And here comes a request from: GUARD/STRECH DUDE/Uguu*/The Janitor**"

*i'm not even making that up. someone was named uguu at the time.
    ** The Janitor's name also shows up at a door during the escape at FWB. it's the 3rd door on the "straight ahead" part just before you turn to the left.
    Here's the old DH party music because no one seems to have uploaded it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    And the new guns just got nerfed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

27. Post #747
    So, did anyone else find it extremely disappointing that SVD doesn't feature a PSO-1? Its reticle is, like, the most iconic thing of the gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPad Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #748
    June 2010
    510 Posts
    So, did anyone else find it extremely disappointing that SVD doesn't feature a PSO-1? Its reticle is, like, the most iconic thing of the gun.
    I really wish Overkill would add more general weapon mods for better variety among existing guns, instead of just making weapon-exclusive mods every time. Remember when we randomly got ACOG sight, or when they included a general See More Sight in Armored Transport DLC? I wouldn't mind more of that, or another Spec Ops / Mod Courier pack. There's so many scopes yet to be added.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #749

January 2017
    324 Posts
    Code:

A setup like the gensec elites have?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events

30. Post #750
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts

A setup like the gensec elites have?
    No wonder GenSec JP36-s do crazy damage to us, while ours do nearly nothing in comparison.

They got better scopes yo!

31. Post #751
    June 2010
    1,068 Posts
    And the new guns just got nerfed.
    Not the Tatonka though, I guess people didn't complain enough about it.
    Or they forgot.

32. Post #752
    The FlatOutoholic
    November 2010
    3,053 Posts
    Not the Tatonka though, I guess people didn't complain enough about it.
    Or they forgot.
    That's the Bizon right?

Shit, gotta get the DLC before while it's in this state.

OFC it's gonna get nerfed later so I might not actually bother with this DLC either lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #753
    November 2014
    1,303 Posts
    infamy 3.0 stream starts soonish https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

Edited:

Join us as we show discuss the changes we're making to the infamy system.
    We'll be discussing the changes, motivations and showing off an early version of the system in action.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #754
    November 2014
    2,797 Posts
    So, it's gonna be potentially infinite.
    Can't wait for MMMMMMMMMM-100 players just an hour after upadte
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #755
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,024 Posts
    I love the magnified sight, if a game has it, I prefer it over all other sights.

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    July 2016
    379 Posts
    So Infamy is now infinite and gives direct stat boosts to stuff like health and dodge.

Jesus christ, these guys have absolutely no idea what in the fuck they're doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

37. Post #757
    November 2014
    2,797 Posts
    So Infamy is now infinite and gives direct stat boosts to stuff like health and dodge.

Jesus christ, these guys have absolutely no idea what in the fuck they're doing.
    That depends on a bonus. I don't think +0.03% of health per level is going to be game-breaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    June 2013
    469 Posts
    They add up though and that in itself makes it a bad idea.

Infamy should be entirely optional. Making it grant any bonus that affects in-heist gameplay makes it a requirement if you want to play with an ideal setup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    July 2016
    379 Posts
    That depends on a bonus. I don't think +0.03% of health per level is going to be game-breaking.
    So? Now higher infamy players are just directly and objectively better then lower infamy ones.
    Before, a 5-100 was effectively the same as a 25-100. Now the 25-100 is just objectively better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #760
    November 2014
    2,797 Posts
    So, they now mentioned that Infamy level and boost system are going to be independent from each other, and there are finite amout of boosts you can get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events