1. Post #641
    December 2013
    1,280 Posts
    Does that method support alpha?
    Unfortunately not. I've tried clearing the render target before I send the information, but it still just ends up black. I think it might be something to do with my shader.

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,580 Posts
    Does anyone have any experience dealing with Steamworks and Sessions. I've tried to use both the Advanced Sessions and normal Sessions and rig together a basic Matchmaking system by finding games with less then 2 players but greater then 1, but it always fails to Join a session due to "Unable to create due to Null game, or Unable to obtain correct session info". Can anyone shed some light?

I do have my own Steam AppID if that helps.

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,868 Posts
    My new plugin, hits the marketplace tomorrow!

Essentially lets you turn painted foliage instances or static meshes into your own blueprint or actors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    March 2014
    3,468 Posts
    My new plugin, hits the marketplace tomorrow!

Essentially lets you turn painted foliage instances or static meshes into your own blueprint or actors
    Fuck yeah dude bout time you got it out there!

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,868 Posts
    Marketplace new release scheludes fucked me over, it took about 5 months since i submitted the plugin for them to finally check it all over and give me a release date but at least its done now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #646
    October 2009
    22 Posts
    Hi, I'm trying to implement a blueprint based gun very similar to the FPS starter content's but when i fire it will ONLY fire somewhere in a 180 degree circle related to the map. What i mean by that is if i shoot behind me or twist the player start location backwards it will shoot at the same trajectory through me, in the same direction as if i was shooting facing the other direction. I've looked to see what exactly I've done wrong and i'm drawing blanks even after looking at the premade character for FPS. Any ideas what could be happening are appreciated.

7. Post #647
    December 2013
    1,280 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix translucency ordering with particles?

The smaller puffs of smoke are supposed to be in a ring around the core of the explosion, but no matter what I change, it always draws on top. I tried changing emitter location, initial location, and even making one emitter for each puff on the ring, but I'm just not sure what to do.

8. Post #648
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,313 Posts
    Is it possible to make a (good) game with zero blueprints/just c++
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    August 2010
    788 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix translucency ordering with particles?

The smaller puffs of smoke are supposed to be in a ring around the core of the explosion, but no matter what I change, it always draws on top. I tried changing emitter location, initial location, and even making one emitter for each puff on the ring, but I'm just not sure what to do.
    Check your transparent particle material isn't 2-sided, having that enabled can cause sorting issues.

10. Post #650
    March 2014
    3,468 Posts
    Is it possible to make a (good) game with zero c++/just blueprints
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,267 Posts
    Blueprints have a few downsides but at the end of the day they are so convenient to use its not even funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #652
    December 2013
    1,280 Posts
    Check your transparent particle material isn't 2-sided, having that enabled can cause sorting issues.
    It's definitely not two-sided. Should I do some kind of custom depth test or stencil test on the material...?

13. Post #653
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,771 Posts
    Blueprints have a few downsides but at the end of the day they are so convenient to use its not even funny.
    Personally i find looking at code much more readable and "linear". Blueprints can be all over the place in my (limited) experience with visual node scripting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,267 Posts
    Personally i find looking at code much more readable and "linear". Blueprints can be all over the place in my (limited) experience with visual node scripting.
    Blueprints can get really messy when they get bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,771 Posts
    Blueprints can get really messy when they get bigger.
    To be fair, so can code as well. You just need experience to know when you'll need to separate some logic into it's own class/whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #656
    March 2014
    3,468 Posts
    To be fair, so can code as well. You just need experience to know when you'll need to separate some logic into it's own class/whatever.
    Same with BP, blueprints can be cleaned up with comments, functions and macros, like so:

Here's a construction script:

The function called towards the end of the construction script:

And the two nested functions within the above function:

That's essentially a one-click blueprint of a procedural foliage volume, only for creating asteroid volumes. Creates, places, scales & rotates 20k instances made up of 6 mesh shape categories in about 1 second (can do far more, takes about 1 second for every 20k instances on average) accounting for scalable-random sizes & distances between other actors.

Now compare that to this:

Even being commented, that construction script is (a) long as fuck and (b) actually taxing on performance to have open while running it in the editor lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    21,470 Posts
    Does anyone know how I could make the camera tilt left and right when strafing in first person? I tried just applying a relative rotation offset based on the MoveRight axis and that works, but only if I make the camera not use the control rotation but that also makes it so I can't look up or down. How do I get both?

Edited:

Nevermind, just had to tick "use controller rotation pitch" in the class defaults, it wasn't ticked already for some reason.

Edited:

Ok no that also makes the collision capsule follow the pitch of where you look which is also no good.

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    21,470 Posts
    Okay now I actually figured it out, I just did an offset on the control rotation instead of the camera and that works fine.

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,267 Posts
    I finally got a controls menu working.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,672 Posts
    Thats with the new input rebinding? Im really glad they finally added that.