1. Post #1
    November 2012
    5,479 Posts

Worth noting that whilst the particular episode he's focusing on is very, very well directed, some other episodes are really quite bad in my opinion. Sherlock has some really high points and some really low points in terms of quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,882 Posts
    Up to which episode are the spoilers?

3. Post #3
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    7,329 Posts
    Up to which episode are the spoilers?
    the video is about a scene in the most recent episode, that aired Sunday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,711 Posts
    the video is about a scene in the most recent episode, that aired Sunday
    Wait, you mean that there's finally new episodes of Sherlock?

If only Netflix US still had BBC shows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,008 Posts
    The show really seemed to hit a slump post-season 2, there was too much emphasis on flashy aesthetics to represent his thought processing that everything felt contrived and full of itself, with little actual casework

It's almost like a bigger budget was a detriment to the original vision they had for the show. It was so much better when it was simpler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    5,612 Posts
    The show really seemed to hit a slump post-season 2, there was too much emphasis on flashy aesthetics to represent his thought processing that everything felt contrived and full of itself, with little actual casework

It's almost like a bigger budget was a detriment to the original vision they had for the show. It was so much better when it was simpler
    To be fair they seem to have found a nice balance in the new Season, first episode was......decent, but the second was absolutely brilliant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2012
    5,479 Posts
    The last season in particular felt like an actual sit com at times, where Sherlock ends up behaving more like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory than Sherlock Holmes.

8. Post #8
    To be fair they seem to have found a nice balance in the new Season, first episode was......decent, but the second was absolutely brilliant.
    Decent?

What
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,008 Posts
    Six Thatchers was sort of a clusterfuck that was just killing time more than anything

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,060 Posts
    The new series is weird, some of my friends love it to pieces and others will write page long rants on how awful it is. Honestly I feel like the writing is too contrived now, insofar as there is a limit to the number of plot twists you can include before it stops being clever and starts being messy. Then again I was tired when I watched it.

11. Post #11
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    4,268 Posts
    The first episode was boring and not worth being in s4, should've been an ep in last series though the second ep was pretty awesome

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,717 Posts
    I can't take this series seriously. At times, Sherlock seems more like a wizard than just a smart person. I guess this is the appeal for many, but I find it silly.