1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    2,912 Posts
    only many months overdue, its been so long I believe this counts as news now

http://www.teamfortress.com/comics.php

(i think that can count as the source)

now to wait another year before the next update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Starred Starred x 22 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2016
    3,550 Posts
    Thank the fucking maker.

Too bad I don't like the game anymore...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 48 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    6,430 Posts
    I always found the amount of (good) lore/story that Valve has put into TF2 to be very impressive. Especially considering it's a MP only title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 38 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    9,772 Posts
    Thank the fucking maker.

Too bad I don't like the game anymore...
    I may not have played the game in about a year, but I still love the characters and story in the comics. I enjoyed it as much as I would have if it came out when they said it would. It reminded me just how much I loved the characters, in a way that i don't think Overwatch could ever replicate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 78 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    August 2009
    11,021 Posts
    If only valve time didn't apply to everything they do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,103 Posts
    That means whatever project that she was working on is done or she's completed what she was working on, I wonder what it was?

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    4,193 Posts
    Can't wait for the next comic. Will it be the last, ever?

8. Post #8
    September 2014
    487 Posts
    Can't wait for the next comic. Will it be the last, ever?
    For the current comic series the next one is the last, but they could, although I doubt it, start a new one after or release short ones for updates

9. Post #9
    December 2009
    972 Posts
    I guess we'll actually get to see the ending by 2018.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Lithuania Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,416 Posts

Beautiful. Thank you Valve for confirming Team Fortress 2's first liversexual character.
    Another step in the right direction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 93 (list)

11. Post #11
    Bold
    Italics

Essayist

January 2006
    1,834 Posts
    I would gladly, retroactively pay for this. I'm definitely buying the Darkhorse graphic novel whenever it finally drops.

I no longer regret a dollar I sunk in to TF2 (and those dollars were many multiple.) I have milked that game and it's universe for joy to an extent that no other game has lived up to, or I think will live up to. Even now, I sometimes wistfully gaze at it, still installed, and wonder if maybe I could stomach a round or two more of auld lang syne. (No, I cannot.)

God Bless TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

12. Post #12
    it took me a while to realize that    medic stole the rest of the team's souls and that's why they can't just fuck off and die   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 44 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2016
    3,550 Posts
    it took me a while to realize that    medic stole the rest of the team's souls and that's why they can't just fuck off and die   
    I don't know, it's confusing. How would they know where they are going if Medic took all their souls?

14. Post #14
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    9,968 Posts
    I would gladly, retroactively pay for this. I'm definitely buying the Darkhorse graphic novel whenever it finally drops.
    Is that something that's been confirmed?

I have the first Valve GN and I've been waiting years for them to do a second volume. Only six TF2 comics are in the first one. You can tell by the timing (releasing just before a bunch more TF2 comics hit that year) that they meant to make Valve GNs a series (especially since some store listings call it "volume 1"), but they just...didn't.

Typical Valve move, but at least all this waiting hopefully culminates in a glorious, thick TF2 book with all 28 comics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Brought to you by the letter B
    December 2006
    9,851 Posts
    Honestly the way that the medic handled    Satan    was pure brilliance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 37 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,542 Posts
    I only hope they hang on to this cast of characters if they ever consider a TF2 sequel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2015
    638 Posts
    Scout's name is apparently Jeremy.

I can't help but think that's a reference to Jerma985.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Finland Show Events Starred Starred x 33 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2006
    9,851 Posts
    Well it's a different case for soldier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,066 Posts
       spy is scouts dad holy shit   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2006
    9,851 Posts
       spy is scouts dad holy shit   
    I'm more shocked that they finally admitted it. I mean, everybody knew but I'm more interested in the fact that    Scout is 27 years old   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 26 (list)

21. Post #21
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,688 Posts
    I appreciate that all of the demoman's organs have eyepatches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 28 (list)

22. Post #22
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    3,863 Posts
    I'm more shocked that they finally admitted it. I mean, everybody knew but I'm more interested in the fact that    Scout is 27 years old   .
    The Track Terrorizer's description says he's 23, during the time TF2 actually takes place

For a brief stint in high school, Scout joined the track team in one of his many schemes to pick up girls. He was kicked off the team after three days when everyone realized he was 23-years-old and also not enrolled in the school.
    The comics take place after TF2. I don't have the exact years in my head but it probably checks out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,419 Posts
    great comic, worth the wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

24. Post #24
    August 2013
    4,647 Posts
    Scout's name is apparently Jeremy.

I can't help but think that's a reference to Jerma985.
    I was thinking about how the comics have made Scout look more and more like Jerma, too.

Fuck me this issue was good though.

25. Post #25
    January 2014
    1,553 Posts
    That was surprisingly incredibly good.
    As stated above, if TF3 is ever a thing they better use this cast of characters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    December 2016
    334 Posts
    An endless supply of free kids to what? TO WHAT?

http://www.teamfortress.com/tf06_the...thedead/#f=129
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    7,277 Posts
    Scout being so welcome in heaven was a surprisingly lighthearted moment after all the "gross humor" throughout most of the comic.

I mean, until the neck snap at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    29,652 Posts
    I mean, until the neck snap at the end.
    like before, it was probably followed by a neck fix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,854 Posts
    This comic implies blue scout and red scout are brothers. Oh my gaaaawd!

30. Post #30
    January 2013
    833 Posts
    Where'd you see that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    7,542 Posts
    Now wouldn't that imply that these people all have a twin? Are we stepping into Metal Gear territory here?

Edited:

Where'd you see that
    I'd like to know where you saw that too.

32. Post #32
    July 2012
    3,291 Posts
       funny how the medic NOT dying is a spoiler   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    10,814 Posts
       I thought he took the souls of the old TF team, not the TF2 cast of characters. Which makes sense seeing as he was apparantley working for them up until this point.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

34. Post #34
    June 2014
    6,541 Posts
       I thought he took the souls of the old TF team, not the TF2 cast of characters. Which makes sense seeing as he was apparantley working for them up until this point.   
       Nah, a guy said "how did you beat us" and the medic responded with "because we don't have souls", which implies that the reason the team kept coming back from their respective afterlives is because they don't have souls.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 20 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,252 Posts
    The Track Terrorizer's description says he's 23, during the time TF2 actually takes place

The comics take place after TF2. I don't have the exact years in my head but it probably checks out
    That's a joke. There was literally a note on the wiki for some time asking people not to mark Scout's age as 23 because it's a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2006
    9,851 Posts

Are these just random names or do they actually refer to something?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,812 Posts

Fairly certain they're random and just there to give an idea of what the term 'Team Fortress' means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Starred Starred x 24 (list)

38. Post #38
    December 2006
    9,851 Posts
    Aw, I was expecting something neat like the codename of internal releases for TF2 or something.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,791 Posts

I assumed they're referring to the 3 other TFC teams. I looked at the old logos for some kind of support but I'm not sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    January 2014
    333 Posts

Citadel and Vanguard are both defensive things, so is Fortress. Dunno about Echelon though.