1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,498 Posts
    Atlanta* is shot dead* god damnit this title mang
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb...bber/478956487
    A gun store owner shot and killed a man attempting to rob his store Monday morning, according to police.

The owner of Dixie Gun and Pawn on Veterans Memorial Parkway in Cobb County, along with one other worker, had just opened the store when two men with ski masks and guns came in, according to investigators. Police say the owner pulled out his gun and fired, hitting one of the gunmen.

The second gunman took off in a silver Dodge Magnum and headed east down Veterans Memorial Parkway. Police are still searching for that man, and said they believe he is armed.
    NSFW video here (no gore, just a guy dropping dead): https://gfycat.com/SillyEnormousIntermediateegret

How fucking stupid do you need to be.

Also the owner looks like John Marston
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Panama Show Events Starred Starred x 78 (list)

2. Post #2

April 2011
    1,237 Posts
    The best part is when the robber sees the owner with a gun then gets shot while trying to pull out a second gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 40 (list)

3. Post #3
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,162 Posts
    I wonder what compells someone to rob a gun store, of all places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 75 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,528 Posts
    People who want to win a Darwin award.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 63 (list)

5. Post #5
    i mean, you can do it in GTA, so that means you can also do it in real life?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

6. Post #6
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    7,014 Posts
    the more guns, the better

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,408 Posts
    play dumb games win dumb prizes

congrats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 19 (list)

8. Post #8
    Fudders
    September 2010
    6,355 Posts
    That old guy has been training for decades for a moment like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 30 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,498 Posts
    i mean, you can do it in GTA, so that means you can also do it in real life?
    Does not guy without risk tho.

They pull guns on you since GTA 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Panama Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Does not guy without risk tho.

They pull guns on you since GTA 3.
    its ok he'll just respawn at a hospital
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 49 (list)

11. Post #11
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,384 Posts
    don't breathe has taught me not to underestimate old people, and this has reinforced that feeling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    15,948 Posts
    Dixie Gun and Pawn
    The night the robbers tried to bring ol' Dixie down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,139 Posts
    That old guy has been training for decades for a moment like this.
    Yeah that was some excellent stance and control under pressure. Dude knows what he's doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    12,519 Posts
    Oh shit, gonna need two guns for this guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

15. Post #15
    We all know his grand kids wont hear the end of the story of quick draw grandpa. His name will be carried throughout the family for generations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 23 (list)

16. Post #16
    I've got a bad feeling about this
    December 2007
    2,209 Posts
    Holy shit, watch close: The first robber only gets one shot off, because he ejects his fucking magazine by mistake. You can see him fumbling for another, presumably, before he gets deaded.

Also props to the gunstore dude. The minute threat one is stopped, he's on target and sending rounds at threat two. That guy has practice and decorum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 48 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,498 Posts
    Holy shit, watch close: The first robber only gets one shot off, because he ejects his fucking magazine by mistake. You can see him fumbling for another, presumably, before he gets deaded.
    Holy fuck I just noticed that.

He pulls out another pistol, I wonder how he dropped dead instantly considering there wasn't anything to decerebrate in the first place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Panama Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

18. Post #18
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    12,049 Posts
    Holy shit the customer in the news article is the best

"It's just amazing to see someone try to come into a gun store to rob a gun store. I mean, that was a really un-thought-out plan,” customer Terrance Coner said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 43 (list)

19. Post #19
    The owner have some fuckin quick reaction skills
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Singapore Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,499 Posts
    Every gun store I've been to, the clerks were armed. These people really didn't think this through. You'd have better luck robbing a bank. Really can't feel sorry for them. Store owner is well within his rights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 18 (list)

21. Post #21
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    4,218 Posts
    Every gun store I've been to, the clerks were armed. These people really didn't think this through. You'd have better luck robbing a bank. Really can't feel sorry for them. Store owner is well within his rights.
    The "mistake" they made is that they didn't go in guns blazing. That kind of robbery is my biggest fear, and why at the shop I work at we're all armed to the teeth.

There's big money in stolen guns, because then there's no one to tie them to with the serial number unlike if a straw purchase is done to acquire the firearm. "clean" guns can sell for quite a bit more than what they retail for, with guns like FN Five Sevens fetching $5,000 on the black market.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 11 (list)

22. Post #22
    "clean" guns can sell for quite a bit more than what they retail for, with guns like FN Five Sevens fetching $5,000 on the black market.
    Holy shit black market guns are quite expensive in the US. In some countries that money can get you an M16 stolen from a military armory somewhere. (They usually end up being in the hands of some pirate-terrorists though).

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,950 Posts
    He didn't eject the magazine by mistake. It falls out of the inside of his jacket, hits the ground, which makes loud enough sound for the robbers to look to the side which the clerk uses to draw his gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,051 Posts
    The "mistake" they made is that they didn't go in guns blazing. That kind of robbery is my biggest fear, and why at the shop I work at we're all armed to the teeth.

There's big money in stolen guns, because then there's no one to tie them to with the serial number unlike if a straw purchase is done to acquire the firearm. "clean" guns can sell for quite a bit more than what they retail for, with guns like FN Five Sevens fetching $5,000 on the black market.
    Is that a common thing? I could see a "guns blazing" scenario being basically unstoppable. If the robbers don't mind killing their victims, why not just charge in with a shotgun or shoot from outside?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,950 Posts
    Is that a common thing? I could see a "guns blazing" scenario being basically unstoppable. If the robbers don't mind killing their victims, why not just charge in with a shotgun or shoot from outside?
    If you can subdue everyone in the store you can lock them in a closet or something where they don't have a phone, so it's going to take a while before someone calls the cops.
    If you start shooting everyone in the store or even shoot from outside you will have cops on you before you've actually robbed the store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

26. Post #26
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    4,218 Posts
    I wouldn't call it common, but it does happen. Generally when would be theives try and rob a gun store they either go in guns blazing, or they wait until after hours. Guns blazing works, if the shop only has one or two people. Most of the time though they do the after hours route after casing the store for a bit to figure out where all they heavy locks and such are.

Edited:

If you can subdue everyone in the store you can lock them in a closet or something where they don't have a phone, so it's going to take a while before someone calls the cops.
    If you start shooting everyone in the store or even shoot from outside you will have cops on you before you've actually robbed the store.
    That and if you start shooting from outside chances are you'll get shots back at you with larger and more powerful firearms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Oh shit, gonna need two guns for this guy
    I just realized he had 2 guns in hand (the robber). Or at least, TRIED to do that

Amateur VS a professional gents
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    January 2010
    1,660 Posts
    When an old dude pulls out a 1911 you KNOW you fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

29. Post #29
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    12,001 Posts
    He didn't eject the magazine by mistake. It falls out of the inside of his jacket, hits the ground, which makes loud enough sound for the robbers to look to the side which the clerk uses to draw his gun.
    i dont understand why he looked to the other robber and tried to pull out another gun when this happened. in that brief moment he was completely exposed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,217 Posts
    It was already on the floor by then. The magazine fell out when the dude was moving behind the column and he accidentally kicked it. It's pretty hard to tell where the magazine actually fell out from though.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    11,135 Posts
    It was already on the floor by then. The magazine fell out when the dude was moving behind the column and he accidentally kicked it. It's pretty hard to tell where the magazine actually fell out from though.
    Hard to see even when slowed down, but it looks like the slide on the gun in his right hand was locked back.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,658 Posts

Also props to the gunstore dude. The minute threat one is stopped, he's on target and sending rounds at threat two. That guy has practice and decorum.
    I wouldnt be surprised if the store owner is former USMC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    14,271 Posts
    don't breathe has taught me not to underestimate old people, and this has reinforced that feeling.
    The older you get, the less fucks you give

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,983 Posts
    "clean" guns can sell for quite a bit more than what they retail for, with guns like FN Five Sevens fetching $5,000 on the black market.
    That's also probably how much you need to buy a single bullet for the fucking thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,149 Posts
    I guess he thought "if I pull this off, I can do any job!"

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    792 Posts
    Why would you try to rob a dude who looks like he could kill you with his bare hands and sleep like a baby
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,399 Posts
    I'm not an American so I'm not really sure how the law works over there, but judging from the footage the guy killed one of the robbers and then after the other robber tried to flee he started unloading at him. Now with the guy he killed, he couldn't definitely argue it was an act of self-defence (which I think is a valid thing in America), but if he had killed the other guy would that have counted as self-defence as well, or is the old guy lucky he missed?

38. Post #38
    May 2007
    716 Posts
    I'm not an American so I'm not really sure how the law works over there, but judging from the footage the guy killed one of the robbers and then after the other robber tried to flee he started unloading at him. Now with the guy he killed, he couldn't definitely argue it was an act of self-defence (which I think is a valid thing in America), but if he had killed the other guy would that have counted as self-defence as well, or is the old guy lucky he missed?
    I believe Georgia has castle doctrine in effect, which means he has every right to open fire on an intruder in his property if he believes there to be adequate threat. In this case there's definitely adequate threat as both intruders were armed, so even if he had hit the second burglar I'm fairly sure the law would still side with the shop-owner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

39. Post #39
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    10,676 Posts
    It's not common because most robbers don't want to shoot. It's loud, it attracts attention and a quicker police response, and it tacks attempted (or successful) homicide charges onto their crimes.

I hear a lot of people say 'if a guy points a gun at you your gun is useless', but this kind of scenario happens surprisingly frequently in the context of concealed carry. A criminal points a gun and demands money, the victim pulls out their own gun and immediately opens fire, and the criminal either is incapacitated or bugs out. They're looking for an easy mark, not a shootout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,574 Posts
    The guy was armed, and he was a fleeing felon, he had all the right imo.
    Not sure about self-defence laws but the Use of Deadly Force policy in Atlanta states:
    An employee may use deadly force to apprehend a suspected felon only when:
    He or she reasonably believes that the suspect possesses a deadly weapon or any object,
    device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually
    does result in serious bodily injury and when he or she reasonably believes that the suspect
    poses an immediate threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or others; or

When there is probable cause to believe that the suspect has committed a crime involving
    the infliction or threatened infliction of serious physical harm (O.C.G.A. Section 17-4-20) and
    the employee reasonably believes that the suspect’s escape would create a continuing
    danger of serious physical harm to any person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)