1. Post #1
    Dennab
    January 2005
    7,081 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Netherlands Show Events Funny x 109Friendly x 12Informative x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Good lord those noises
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 64Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    9,450 Posts
    oh jesus christ something about the channel's outro after those...noises. That was hilarious for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 19 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2015
    404 Posts
    I hate pugs so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 161Disagree x 25Friendly x 7Funny x 5Zing x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,112 Posts
    it sounds like it's gonna pass out due to lack of air while chewing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Taiwan Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2012
    4,390 Posts
    My pug never makes any noises like that. Jesus that thing is fucking fat. People need to learn that dogs can eat too much just like we do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2013
    4,090 Posts
    pugs look like a fuck up that people thought was great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Funny Funny x 33Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,259 Posts
    I get sad whenever I remember pugs exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 111Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Otter Member
    May 2011
    5,059 Posts
    pugs look like a fuck up that people thought was great
    thats pretty much what a pug is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 55 (list)

10. Post #10
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,359 Posts
    it should be illegal to breed these dogs and own them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 96Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    5,175 Posts
    it's a video of a dog and yet somehow they decided this video should not be available in my country.

THIS IS HOW WARS START.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,698 Posts
    Start the Reactors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2012
    364 Posts
    pugs are p fucked

warning: videos below are sort of graphic at points
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 56Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    DO YOU SLAP THE IMOUTO?YES/NO
    August 2010
    6,890 Posts
    We've got a pug that the vet thinks is slightly mixed since he's not as fucked up as the others (since his nose actually sticks out a bit and works for one), though he still has issues. Unfortunately I think it's going to be difficult to stop pedigree breeding/inbreeding unless something is done within the breeding scene itself because some of those people are pretty nutso.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    798 Posts
    I love my pug and we are lucky he doesn't have any serious health problems except for chronic ear infections which we can treat normally, but the breed is at the end of its rope. I used to think purebred dogs are awesome but it is just torturous to them. This doesn't go for only pugs but any breed. I've seen GSDs with crazy spine problems due to inbreeding all the way to pretty much guaranteed cancer at an early age due to how messed the gene pool is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    29,245 Posts
    Shouldn't be illegal to own them, but to breed them the way they are, yeah.

I fully support the adoption and ownership of pugs that are already out there. But if anyone's gonna be out here breeding pugs, they better be trying to selectively breed them back to being able to breathe without intention to sell to regular people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 70 (list)

17. Post #17
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,047 Posts
    Breeding, yes.

But that does not mean a pug should not be able to live a happy life with those who can afford to take care of the many issues a pug has.

Just because the animals should not be bred doesnt mean we need to doom existing ones lives entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    I bought this title because I couldn't afford Gold Membership yet. meow :3
    August 2013
    2,011 Posts
    Hi I work at an animal clinic so hopefully my information helps/means anything

Pugs literally are man-made deformations caused by 'aesthetic (selective) breeding' over generations

in fact, these are paintings of pugs from literally just a couple of hundred years ago (which biologically should not be enough to actually affect evolution)

Pugs are brachycephalic now which means due to the short, roundness of their skulls, they have developed a pathological condition that leads to serious respiratory (breathing) issues. when people snore it's technically an issue.
    Now think about pugs, that sound like literal snore machines even when they're awake.

Though rare, you can find some relatively non-deformed pugs! They still have a few face-wrinkles and are cute but have relatively little issues. They snort here and there but nothing like the saddening mutants that most pugs are today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vivaldi Show Events Agree Agree x 18Friendly Friendly x 11Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    29,245 Posts

This is bad.

This is what we should be aiming for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 97 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    14,591 Posts
    I feel so sorry for pugs and I fucking hate people who get them because 'LOL SO FUNNY THEY GOT BIG EYES AND SMALL FACE AND THEY CUTE BECAUSE THEY LOOK FUNNY! xDDDD'

Dickheads uploading this type of shit to youtube just makes it worse.
    LOL LOOK HOW FUNNY IT IS THAT MY DOG CAN'T BREATH PROPERLY, LMAO!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 32Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,112 Posts
    Though rare, you can find some relatively non-deformed pugs! They still have a few face-wrinkles and are cute but have relatively little issues. They snort here and there but nothing like the saddening mutants that most pugs are today.
    it's sad when you think of it, non-deformed pugs becoming rare is pretty sad and pathetic

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Taiwan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    22,109 Posts

this is a dope doggo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 31Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    I hate pugs so much
    I don't hate pugs but I hate that they exist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    12,822 Posts
    My pug never makes any noises like that. Jesus that thing is fucking fat. People need to learn that dogs can eat too much just like we do.
    I disagree. Dogs get closer to perfection the fatter they get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 45Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    14,591 Posts
    dogs with health problems lmao xD!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 38Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    Pictures of fat dogs make me upset tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 52Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    12,822 Posts
    dogs with health problems lmao xD!
    My oldest dog is 16 and has been fat for 15 of those years. You have to find that diet that gets them fat as fuck without the health problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 40Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    11,020 Posts
    Pictures of fat dogs make me upset tbh
    pictures of fat pets disgusts me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

29. Post #29
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,732 Posts
    i actually think pugs look really cool. i wish there was a way to maintain their visual but also improve their health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    14,591 Posts
    fat as fuck without the health problems.
    No such thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 49 (list)

31. Post #31
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    29,245 Posts
    My oldest dog is 16 and has been fat for 15 of those years. You have to find that diet that gets them fat as fuck without the health problems.
    That's not how health works.

Edited:

Obesity is hell on a pet's joints more than anything which leads to arthritis or hip dysplasia. Spine problems can be prevalent too in smaller, longer dogs. That's not to mention the heart issues that can result like congestive heart failure which is pretty much always fatal.

Don't fatten your dog up just because it makes him cuter.

You're killing him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    12,822 Posts
    That's not how health works.
    Her heart is fine, she doesn't have high blood sugar or diabetes, all of her blood work comes back fine. She's just fat and beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 40Funny Funny x 11 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,987 Posts
    Good lord those noises
    Youtube Comment posted:
    It's like listening to Donald Duck give really intense oral sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

34. Post #34
    August 2012
    4,390 Posts
    I agree with you that breeding them as they are now should be stopped, but if someone wants to own a pug from a shelter then they should have every right to. No animal should be shunned just because we find them unappealing. I hope that in the future they can be selectively bred to get rid of life threatening deformities, but the breed shouldn't be eliminated.

Also story time: We got our pug because some dick bags decided to abuse and abandon the poor thing, leaving her on our property for some fucked up reason. We managed to raise her back from the brink of death. They asked for her back but we refused. She's now missing a leg due to their abuse, but is otherwise a very happy and healthy dog. I couldn't imagine abandoning something as sweet as her just because people are disgusted by her existence, or using her as breeding stock like her previous owners were.

This is my baby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 46Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    29,245 Posts
    Her heart is fine, she doesn't have high blood sugar or diabetes, all of her blood work comes back fine. She's just fat and beautiful.
    According to recent findings by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention (APOP), more than 45 percent of dogs and 58 percent of cats can be classified as overweight or obese. A gain of even a pound or two of additional fat on some dogs and cats can place significant stress on the body.

Some of the conditions that can occur as a result of excess weight are:
    Exercise intolerance, decreased stamina
    Respiratory compromise (breathing difficulty)
    Heat intolerance
    Hypertension (high blood pressure)
    Diabetes or insulin resistance
    Liver disease or dysfunction
    Osteoarthritis (lameness)
    Increased surgical/anesthetic risk
    Lowered immune system function
    Increased risk of developing malignant tumors (cancer)
    [x]

I can't tell you how to raise your dog but at least don't be ignorant about how badly obesity can affect an animal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,401 Posts
    Jesus it's like when Danny Devito burps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

37. Post #37
    I agree with you that breeding them as they are now should be stopped, but if someone wants to own a pug from a shelter then they should have every right to. No animal should be shunned just because we find them unappealing. I hope that in the future they can be selectively bred to get rid of life threatening deformities, but the breed shouldn't be eliminated.

Also story time: We got our pug because some dick bags decided to abuse and abandon the poor thing, leaving her on our property for some fucked up reason. We managed to raise her back from the brink of death. They asked for her back but we refused. She's now missing a leg due to their abuse, but is otherwise a very happy and healthy dog. I couldn't imagine abandoning something as sweet as her just because people are disgusted by her existence, or using her as breeding stock like her previous owners were.

This is my baby.
    I'm glad you didn't give her back
    It makes me so happy when dogs from shitty homes get new, better owners
    you can really tell the dog appreciates it too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 32Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,892 Posts
    She's just fat and beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,173 Posts
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Vivaldi Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Dennab
    November 2016
    352 Posts

this is a dope doggo
    bull terriers also used to look hella cool before someone decided to ruin them

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 59Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)