1. Post #1
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts
    This just in from less than an hour ago:

CNN: Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.
    Full Story: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politi...sia/index.html

Summary:
    - Trump and Obama were told last week that Russians may havecompiled embarrassing and personal information about Trump, but only released compromising information from their DNC hack.
    - They also briefed their concerns, to Trump himself, that Trump's campaign, through intermediaries, regularly communicated with the Kremlin.
    - What little information exists on this is not proof of these allegations, and were not included in the declassified report released last week.
    - All sources behind this information have been vetted and are trusted, only the actual allegations are unsure at the moment.

If more comes from this story, it could be absolutely huge. Before this, the idea the Kremlin was/could blackmail Trump was conspiracy level stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 11 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,997 Posts
    Scary turn of events, but I suppose everything about this incoming administration has been so far. This makes me especially uncomfortable - either it's true and he's absolutely unfit for office, or it's not and there's an ongoing effort to usurp the presidency and undermine our (broken) democracy.

I wonder how it will play out. New election? Impeachment? If there were evidence of cooperation between the campaign and the Kremlin, would this be enough to take Pence out of office as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

3. Post #3
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    Oh my god, I predicted something like this and didn't tell anyone because it sounded too stupid to be true or to even suggest.

It was said that Russian hacked the RNC and the DNC, but didn't publish the data of the RNC. I had a stupid feeling that if it was true, they were going to use the RNC's data as blackmail because they're more likely to suck Putin's dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 48 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    They'll use Trump for as long as they need him and then dump him.

The only caveat is that the Kremlin may underestimate just how much it would take to take Trump down. People will excuse him for anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2013
    1,251 Posts
    Holy shit. This is practically unbelievable.

6. Post #6
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    Holy shit. This is practically unbelievable.
    Maybe it's unbelievable if you havent been following the election at all but plenty of people saw this coming
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    17,823 Posts
    Oh my god, I predicted something like this and didn't tell anyone because it sounded too stupid to be true or to even suggest.

It was said that Russian hacked the RNC and the DNC, but didn't publish the data of the RNC. I had a stupid feeling that if it was true, they were going to use the RNC's data as blackmail because they're more likely to suck Putin's dick.
    I heard it was a phishing scam and only DNC people feel in the trap, and the RNC didn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    Yeah everyone needs to know that these aren't being considered facts yet. They're being investigated so don't whip out your dicks yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 24 (list)

9. Post #9
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts
    Whatever RNC improprieties were not picked up by the Russians probably pale in comparison to what we have not yet learned about Trump.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,947 Posts
    Well, this could be interesting. Arm chair speculation is one thing, but it's another thing to hear it straight from intelligence officials. I just hope to God that people actually do something with this information and that GOP doesn't twiddle their thumbs up their asses because they have the majority of power.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,049 Posts
    Yeah everyone needs to know that these aren't being considered facts yet. They're being investigated so don't whip out your dicks yet.
    Too late, people aready whippin them out really too hard.

Cause they wanna believe it hard.

12. Post #12
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts

I thought something similar when thinking of why Trump loves Putin so much and so publically, this kind of story is what I came up with.

Still, there is no hard evidence that Russia has or could blackmail Trump.

13. Post #13
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    I heard it was a phishing scam and only DNC people feel in the trap, and the RNC didn't.
    And where did you hear this?

Tried googling it, the source of the claim was made from The Wall Street Journal (Owned by Rupert Murdoch) and partisan trash like Breitbart, The Daily Beast, Hot Air, and PJMedia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts

My dick is so out.

Actually I don't want this to be true. Before the election it would have been a great story against his candidacy, but now we are learning it's possible that next president could be blackmailed.

This is not good.

15. Post #15
    And where did you hear this?

Tried googling it, the source of the claim was made from The Wall Street Journal (Owned by Rupert Murdoch) and partisan trash like Breitbart, The Daily Beast, Hot Air, and PJMedia.
    https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

This activity by
    RIS is part of an ongoing campaign of cyber
    -enabled operations directed at the
    U.S. government and its citi
    zens
    . These cyber operations have included spearphishing campaigns
    t. Grizzly Steppe pg. (1)

APT29 has been observed crafting targeted spearphishing
    campaigns leveraging web links to a malicious dropper; once executed, the code delivers Remote
    Access Tools (RATs) an
    d evades detection using a range of techniques.
    (2)

APT28 is known for
    leveraging domains that closely mimic those of targeted organizations and tricking potential
    victims into entering legitimate credentials. APT28 actors relied heavily on shortened URLs in
    their spearphishing email campaigns.
    (2)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,150 Posts

Yeah, I'm not prone to wanting to defend the innocence of any given group, but this is just getting ridiculous. It's something we heard from a guy who heard from a 'credible' guy who heard from a Russian guy who heard from a guy who hacked something about trump. (Insert females pronouns as needed)

Like, can we please not.

17. Post #17
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    Oh, I believe the phishing links. The thing thats news to me is Republicans getting the same message and saying "NOPE WE'RE FINE"

18. Post #18
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 50 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,055 Posts
    #goldenshowers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

20. Post #20
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    Well, he does like gold.

(That is probably fake as shit lmao)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 37 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    Where does this say that "only DNC people fell in the trap, and the RNC didn't"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,947 Posts
    He just wanted to make his room feel as gaudy and gold-encrusted as his beloved Trump Tower. Who are we to judge a fellow patriot's taste in sexual kinks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,679 Posts
    He just wanted to make his room feel as gaudy and gold-encrusted as his beloved Trump Tower. Who are we to judge a fellow patriot's taste in sexual kinks?

Edited:

https://twitter.com/fmanjoo

omfg this entire fucking twitter is gold

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 44 (list)

24. Post #24
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,610 Posts
    Well, he does like gold.

(That is probably fake as shit lmao)
    The problem with people coming up with things like this about Trump is that, so much has been verified as true, it's hard to know what the limit of Trump's awfulness is.

Is this the limit? Where it is too absurd to be true? I have no idea. Nothing is real.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,947 Posts

omfg this entire fucking twitter is gold

Ohh.... oh my, Donald!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,301 Posts
    Considering all the shit we already knew about Trump, the fuck can even be brought out to take him out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Opera United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,968 Posts
    long live president piss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,947 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 48 (list)

29. Post #29
    Where does this say that "only DNC people fell in the trap, and the RNC didn't"?
    It has no mention of the RNC within the report, only that that organizations such as the DNC and it's affiliates have been compromised.

With that being said.

Just because it has no mention of the RNC doesn't mean it did, or did not happen. That would probably be a report entirely on it's own.

You, yes you, have not offered anything other than your word to imply that the RNC was compromised aswell. Please provide some kind of source to your claims if that's what you're implying.

Edited:

Oh, I believe the phishing links. The thing thats news to me is Republicans getting the same message and saying "NOPE WE'RE FINE"
    Theeeere was something that I read about it earlier but I can't really seem to find the information at the moment. So till' then I honestly can't really say. Will hit yeah up if I find it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    /////////
    April 2011
    8,924 Posts
    this gives leaks a whole new meaning!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux SeaMonkey United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2014
    4,319 Posts
    Has there ever been an incident like this in say, the past 100 years, where a major world power's leader like US/RU/UK was blackmailed or publicly humiliated by another power? History buffs help me out here, because this seems otherworldy to me.

32. Post #32

April 2015
    2,184 Posts
    We're past the point where if anything is done to Trump, Pence is President.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,124 Posts

It's a pretty solid strat to be honest.

Manipulate the public perception of the party you know isn't going to tow the line, prevent them from becoming the controlling party whilst at the same time ensuring someone who openly admits to liking you and your leadership is now in power.

Keep the juicier shit on that moron at hand, so that if he starts veering away from the track you need him on, you can blackmail him.

Trump can't handle a fucking roast or even a snide remark on Twitter. How the fuck is that man going to deal with genuine blackmail?

So the USA has managed to elect a man who is now for all intents and purposes, a Russian puppet. If he even wants to keep the seat of POTUS that is. Going by some of his suggested cabinet members I think he's seeing how far he has to go to get kicked out because holy shit some of those picks are pure nepotism in such high densities that even neutron stars are embarrassed by them.

34. Post #34
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    It has no mention of the RNC within the report, only that that organizations such as the DNC and it's affiliates have been compromised.

With that being said.

Just because it has no mention of the RNC doesn't mean it did, or did not happen. That would probably be a report entirely on it's own.

You, yes you, have not offered anything other than your word to imply that the RNC was compromised aswell. Please provide some kind of source to your claims if that's what you're implying.

Edited:

Theeeere was something that I read about it earlier but I can't really seem to find the information at the moment. So till' then I honestly can't really say. Will hit yeah up if I find it though.
    OvB made the claim, so the burden of proof was on him/those that sided with him. Roflburger asked for a source for these claims, and you offered a source that offered proof for only half of the claims that were being made.

I never claimed that the RNC was compromised, I merely offered skepticism towards OvB's claim. Coincidentally, it seems that Comey has come forward today to say that "while the Russians had successfully targeted individual Republican lawmakers and Republican state organizations, they had launched a successful attack only against non-longer active RNC accounts.". x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2013
    1,251 Posts
    Maybe it's unbelievable if you havent been following the election at all but plenty of people saw this coming
    Been following the election pretty closely, but somehow I didn't have the foresight to predict golden showers in a bugged hotel room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2013
    4,677 Posts
    Just release the information, can't be any worse than what we already know. But knowing the manchild he is, and the Russian's know this, they'll use him up all they can.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,124 Posts

It's not a good thing to be true. As much as I despite the American right. But at the same time it's a likely scenario as I honestly doubt the RNC information systems security was that much better than the DNC. We were only made aware of the Russian attacks due to the leaks, if nothing leaked we may never have known.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    Been following the election pretty closely, but somehow I didn't have the foresight to predict golden showers in a bugged hotel room.
    Yeah that seems a little out there lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,947 Posts
    It's not a good thing to be true. As much as I despite the American right. But at the same time it's a likely scenario as I honestly doubt the RNC information systems security was that much better than the DNC. We were only made aware of the Russian attacks due to the leaks, if nothing leaked we may never have known.
    If it leads to Trump stepping down and a moderate candidate - be it Republican or Democrat - taking office, I'd be fine with it. No way in hell that I would want Pence, but I'd be totally okay with a normal and sane Republican since they won the election fair and square (well, Russians interfered with social engineering but besides that).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)