1. Post #521
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,899 Posts
    Listen to his first sentence. He very clear said if Putin elects Trump, then goes back and revised his statement.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. I'm on mobile right now but give me a min and I'll go back and watch the vid.
    He said "likes" not "elects"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    What? Wouldn't that be an Obama press secretary?

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,942 Posts
    Listen to his first sentence. He very clear said if Putin elects Trump, then goes back and revised his statement.

At least I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. I'm on mobile right now but give me a min and I'll go back and watch the vid.
    If Putin likes Donald Trump. I just listened to it a few times because I thought he said elect at first too, but he doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    7,748 Posts
    oh my god

He basically challenged hackers to hack the "unhackable" gop

also that conference that was linked with the white guy talking, it gets good at -1:08:30 (can't link it with the timecode)

5. Post #525
    May 2013
    1,198 Posts
    He said "likes" not "elects"
    "If Putin elects Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability."
    Edited:

Oh I see what you're getting at. The first time around, I'm hearing elects but it's actually likes. Looks like you're right about this. Still, it sounds any awful lot like elects if you ask me.

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    It is pretty cringe-worthy watching:

Ahahaha fucking shit, Trump is an idiot. It's hilarious on so many levels, and the journalist is standing there screaming like an idiot as well. Like, you're not going through dude, give up. As inappropriate as this whole thing is, he actually was talking over his colleague that Trump gave the question to.

Congrats to US on your new president, hell at least I get to say I didn't have a choice about mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

7. Post #527
    August 2011
    833 Posts
    What? Wouldn't that be an Obama press secretary?
    Apparently it was Sean Spicer, the Donald Trump's Communications Director

8. Post #528
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    3,397 Posts
    yeah honestly the cnn reporter was just plain rude, but trump, instead of handling it like an adult decided to call him fake news and made a scene bigger than the reporter could've ever done.

this is hell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    No, you are wrong. Here is the exact quote, word for word: "If Putin elects Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability." Watch the video.
    Give it up, he said "likes" and everyone but you heard that. It's not like it's much better, but non the less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,655 Posts
    "If Putin elects Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability."
    he says likes. It's just the end of putin and beginning of like is slurred together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,481 Posts
    how can you defend this man?

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,106 Posts

Edited:

Here is the exact quote, word for word: "If Putin elects Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability."
    I clearly hear it as "likes" and the official transcript on New York Times reads the same:

Do you accept that part of the finding? And will you undo what President Obama did to punish the Russians for this or will you keep it in place?

TRUMP: Well, if — if Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability, because we have a horrible relationship with Russia.
    Source

13. Post #533
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,942 Posts
    No, you are wrong. Here is the exact quote, word for word: "If Putin elects Donald Trump, I consider that an asset, not a liability." Watch the video.
    Dude, he said likes the first time. I've re-watched the same clip 5 times because yeah, it's a little mumbly, but on my TV with loud speakers, he said "likes", not "elects".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    yeah honestly the cnn reporter was just plain rude, but trump, instead of handling it like an adult decided to call him fake news and made a scene bigger than the reporter could've ever done.

this is hell
    Unless there was a part before that, the CNN reporter was completely justified in acting like that.

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,155 Posts
    "Do you honestly believe that Hillary would be tougher on Putin than me?"
    Seriously, can they get the fuck over Hillary soon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

16. Post #536
    May 2013
    1,198 Posts
    I clearly hear it as "likes" and the official transcript on New York Times reads the same:

Source
    Thanks - my mistake. Went back and edited my earlier posts. Sorry for the fuss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,749 Posts
    Yeah but I'd rather trump than pence
    yeah but "Republicans conspired to impeach Trump" = fun times for the GOP next election

18. Post #538
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,847 Posts
    i look at it like this. trump has the potential to fuck us up on a global scale, pence has the potential to fuck us up on a local scale. it's up to the individual to decide which one is worse.
    If something has to get ruined, I'd much rather it just be us and not have the rest of the world suffer because of the poor decisions of a small portion of the American people.

As for impeachment, the only way I see it sticking is if public opinion swings so heavily against Trump that the Republican Congress will have to do it to save their own skins. It's certainly possible if more light is shed on the Russia angle and people don't just forget about it, in addition to his already abysmal approval ratings.

19. Post #539
    August 2013
    5,132 Posts
    Unless there was a part before that, the CNN reporter was completely justified in acting like that.
    The CNN reporter said that at the beginning of the conference Trump had already made an indication that he wasn't going to accept any questions from CNN.

20. Post #540
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    4,673 Posts
    It is pretty cringe-worthy watching:

That's the kind of shit I saw Chavez do.

The CNN reporter said that at the beginning of the conference Trump had already made an indication that he wasn't going to accept any questions from CNN.
    Please point me to an instance of a previous president flat out refusing to reply to an outlet in a White House press conference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

21. Post #541
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    QUESTION: ... since the ’70’s has had a required audit from the IRS, the last place to release them, but as president sir...

TRUMP: You know, the only one that cares about my tax returns are the reporters, OK? They’re the only who ask.

QUESTION: You don’t think the American public is concerned about it?

TRUMP: No I don’t think so. I won, when I became president. No, I don’t think they care at all. I don’t think they care at all.

(APPLAUSE)
    WHO THE FUCK IS APPLAUDING THIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 29 (list)

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    7,748 Posts
    yeah but "Republicans conspired to impeach Trump" = fun times for the GOP next election
    That's true but if Trump really starts to tank the GOP ratings hard, they might impeach him when an opportunity to arises and salvage what they can with Pence as president whos more workable.

This really is going to turn into some President Camacho bullshit, help us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,516 Posts
    Atleast the law firm representing Donald Trump at the press conference got a award for being the best russian law firm of the year.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

24. Post #544
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    No he wasn't in any way. You don't get to just scream at the person giving the press conference, you're either addressed or you aren't. Otherwise you're disrupting the event and making it harder for your colleagues, that's rude as fuck and no one is going to thank you for it.

Not defending Trump in any way though, he acted like a retard throwing toys out of the pram there. It was inappropriate as shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

25. Post #545
    August 2013
    5,132 Posts
    That's the kind of shit I saw Chavez do.

Please point me to an instance of a previous president flat out refusing to reply to an outlet in a White House press conference.
    Nah I wasnt saying he was justified or anything, he handled it extremely unprofessionally and acted like a fucking child. I was just trying to put it into context.

26. Post #546
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    No he wasn't in any way. You don't get to just scream at the person giving the press conference, you're either addressed or you aren't. Otherwise you're disrupting the event and making it harder for your colleagues, that's rude as fuck and no one is going to thank you for it.

Not defending Trump in any way though, he acted like a retard throwing toys out of the pram there. It was inappropriate as shit.
    I thought it was completely reasonable considering how Trump treated that reporter.

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    WHO THE FUCK IS APPLAUDING THIS
    People who accepted their fate and are just enjoying the ride.

Or actual retards. What a fucking train wreck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,895 Posts
    It's like Trump is trying to remind people that he's a joke at every opportunity.

29. Post #549
    May 2013
    1,198 Posts
    Give it up, he said "likes" and everyone but you heard that. It's not like it's much better, but non the less.
    Yep you're right, my mistake. Sorry.

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    I thought it was completely reasonable considering how Trump treated that reporter.
    It was reasonable in a... personal level, yes. I completely understand his frustration, but it was unprofessional to behave in such a way. It's against the rules set for press conference-type events, it doesn't really matter if Trump broke it first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #551

March 2008
    1,714 Posts
    Exactly why it won't happen, if republicans haven't proven it already, they don't care about anything besides their own job and their agenda.

Unless there is a video with Trump stabbing someone in the back, he won't be impeached. We are just straight up fucked.

32. Post #552
    August 2013
    5,132 Posts
    I personally think that the CNN reporter got too heated and shouldn't have made such a scene, but Trumps response was equally as much if not more childish and not to mention concerning. The way Trump treats the press is mortifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Starred Starred x 11 (list)

33. Post #553
    No title or gold masterrace, whoops.
    July 2012
    8,617 Posts
    Still cute that he thinks he will do 8 years.

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    Exactly why it won't happen, if republicans haven't proven it already, they don't care about anything besides their own job and their agenda.

Unless there is a video with Trump stabbing someone in the back, he won't be impeached. We are just straight up fucked.
    What was the line that Trump said during his campaign? Something along the lines of "if I shot someone on the street, I wouldn't be supported any less" or am I remembering something else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

35. Post #555
    -
    May 2006
    16,527 Posts

The US government has a lot of people in whom Trump has deadly enemies. If there is a strong indication he'll actually jeapoardize national security, he'll meet with a tragic accident. Unless he gets the military and alphabet agencies entirely on his side, anyway.

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,653 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #557
    July 2016
    3,222 Posts
    Whatever you can say about Obama's failings, he at-least acted like a President and a leader. Trump does not. I don't think you can spin it any other way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 30 (list)

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    23,306 Posts
    What was the line that Trump said during his campaign? Something along the lines of "if I shot someone on the street, I wouldn't be supported any less" or am I remembering something else?
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody, and not lose voters" but close enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    7,269 Posts
    I personally think that the CNN reporter got too heated and shouldn't have made such a scene, but Trumps response was equally as much if not more childish and not to mention concerning.
    It was way more childish and concerning. If you don't accept questions from press you don't like - that's no press-conference on its own, but the way he addressed the reporter is just mind-bogglingly terrible on top of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    23,306 Posts
    Whatever you can say about Obama's failings, he at-least acted like a President and a leader. Trump does not. I don't think you can spin it any other way.
    "Obummer was a muslim who I will never accept as MY president, he never brought back any jobs or did anything for us"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)