1. Post #801
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,888 Posts
    this comes across as a playground rant, you might need to get out more..
    someone literally asked for a list of shitty trump supporters and he gave a short list of them

nice fucking argument there tho, fucking love this tactic

"prove to me that climate change is real"
    *presents 1 paragraph long response that includes a ton of reliable citations*
    "lol fucking nerd, you care too much lol. you need to get out more"
    (User was banned for this post ("Why Reply" - rilez))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

2. Post #802
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    22,837 Posts
    this comes across as a playground rant, you might need to get out more..
    Yeah because me stating some facts didnt fall in line with your feelings, like the couple dozen times I was called a cuck by Trump supporters on the forum trying to get their side of the story, and got sent pms about being part of CTR.

(User was banned for this post ("Why Reply" - rilez))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    10,763 Posts
    Snup

4. Post #804
    June 2012
    3,352 Posts
    let's see, there was wystan who was for torture and wanted women to have "consequences" for having sex by making abortion illegal, there was our man SaltyWaters who went completely fucking bonkers and posted a weird rant in the RC, our bro Pvt Martin who sent insulting messages targeting another user after his perma through a mouthpiece and cackled about Trump winning the election, after going completely bonkers when Bernie lost, a number of minor trumpets who behaved in a disgusting manner after Trump's victory by going around insulting everybody else and calling them names, and those are just a few names.
    It's not like the Clinton supporters were class acts though, several of them were already practically creaming themselves how hard they could lay it into some pro-Trump supporters. Hell, some of them literally wrote small stories on how hard the breakdown for the pro-Trump posters here would be. Not only for the more rude posters, but also the posters who had been very civil throughout. I can post an example of it if you'd like. After all, those posters were convinced that the election was already finished before it even began, after all, their golden boy smurfy convinced them all that there was no way Clinton was going to let this one slip, and that they could even turn Texas red.

For me, waking up the morning after the election was really something special. I took only a small nap in that night after Trump nabbed Florida by the skin of his teeth, and woke up to Trump winning Pennsylvania with a margin largely obtained by a minority group in the USA going out en masse to vote for Trump in that state, with the election night thread having the general vibe of a mausoleum. There were not many Trump supporters in that thread at that moment, they were probably out having a great night out there, only a lot of breakdowns from people who had to see their preferred candidate not even turning up to concede. And here I thought that they would hold their words before election night and admit defeat at least a bit gracefully. They really didn't. At least we got a bunch of very entertaining toxxes out of it.

EDIT: Apparently we should drop this discussion right now while I was typing this out.

5. Post #805
    July 2016
    2,809 Posts
    So to get back on topic (I think this section needs a huge cleanup, jesus christ):

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38586626

The BBC understands they are based on memos provided to an independent organisation opposed to Mr Trump by a former member of Britain's MI6, Christopher Steele.

Mr Steele is a director of Orbis - which describes itself as a leading corporate intelligence company. He did not respond to a request for comment.

Sources say the CIA regards the memos as "credible". The original intention was to derail Mr Trump's candidacy, reports say.

The BBC first saw the documents in October but has been unable to verify the claims included. Several material inaccuracies have been highlighted.

However, past work by the British operative was considered by US intelligence to be reliable, US media say.
    Interesting part highlighted in bold; these documents have been here for a while. This has been a thing before Trump was elected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 9 (list)

6. Post #806
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    758 Posts
    So to get back on topic (I think this section needs a huge cleanup, jesus christ):

Interesting part highlighted in bold; these documents have been here for a while. This has been a thing before Trump was elected.
    Apparently this invalidates /pol/'s story.

Perhaps it is legitimiate after all. If so, we're screwed really.

I just hope US intelligence is better than they are in Homeland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

7. Post #807
    June 2012
    3,352 Posts

That's what they also said on Dutch television. One of the leads in the documents involved possibly a small Dutch web-provider. The thing is, it seems to be a red herring so far. They haven't found verifiable proof that the claims made by this former MI6 agent are true, despite said Englishman having given the documents personally to some journalists here. And as said journos said, it would be a really sloppy way for Russian hackers to leave traces like that behind at different companies throughout Europe. And yes, some things aren't adding up. Such as there possibly being two Michael Cohens, if it isn't Trump's lawyer, who is this other Michael Cohen in the report then?

8. Post #808
    June 2015
    2,754 Posts
    can we get a recap of things that happened since yesterday or a recap? this thread seems like a mess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

9. Post #809
    January 2012
    542 Posts

Hold on, so a private firm was spying on Trump (via the Russians?) for someone (the anti-Trump group?)? If it turns out the Democrats (unlikely) or some other anti-Trump party funded Orbis then we are in for some fireworks, releasing info on one candidate in an election is shady but pales in comparison to blackmail.
    Maybe I'm reading in-between the wrong lines though but "organisation opposed to Mr. Trump" certainly doesn't sound like a Russian one.

10. Post #810
    May 2013
    1,072 Posts
    can we get a recap of things that happened since yesterday or a recap? this thread seems like a mess
    1) Intel chiefs brief Obama and Trump on possible Russian "kompromat," both financial (i.e. bribes in China business dealings) and personal (sexual perversions in FSB-monitored hotel suite)
    2) Buzzfeed publishes unsubstantiated 35-page memo alleging Russian collusion with Trump campaign in information exchange, details of Russian black-PR campaign aimed at delegitimizing US electoral process and Clinton campaign in particular
    3) CNN reports on Intel chief briefing but disregards questionable memo with exception of Cohen Prague visit
    4) Trump plagued with Russia hacking questions during first press conference in 6 months; acknowledges Russia's role in hacks, then goes back on this; attacks BuzzFeed and CNN as fake news, rejects CNN's pleas for a question, talks some other bullshit about jobs and Trump Corporation
    5) Different sources weigh in on legitimacy of 35-page memo; Cohen trip supposedly disproved, but not really; ex-MI5 (MI6?) author of memo named as one Mr. Steele; he refuses to confirm/deny authorship of the memo, because of course he would
    6) Still no official FBI/CIA comment on validity of accusations, nothing much to change until some more credible sources weigh in.

How'd I do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

11. Post #811
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,723 Posts
    Also it spawned a piss meme so that's fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 20 (list)

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    4,731 Posts
    Pissing in a sea of piss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    21,786 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Reaction image." - Bradyns))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Starred Starred x 28 (list)

14. Post #814
    Fudders
    September 2010
    6,281 Posts
    Not sure if posted but something more official here.

This evening, I had the opportunity to speak with President-elect Donald Trump to discuss recent media reports about our briefing last Friday. I expressed my profound dismay at the leaks that have been appearing in the press, and we both agreed that they are extremely corrosive and damaging to our national security.

We also discussed the private security company document, which was widely circulated in recent months among the media, members of Congress and Congressional staff even before the IC became aware of it. I emphasized that this document is not a U.S. Intelligence Community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC. The IC has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions. However, part of our obligation is to ensure that policymakers are provided with the fullest possible picture of any matters that might affect national security.

President-elect Trump again affirmed his appreciation for all the men and women serving in the Intelligence Community, and I assured him that the IC stands ready to serve his Administration and the American people.

James R. Clapper, Director of National Intelligence
    https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsro...nt-elect-trump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

15. Post #815
    March 2014
    5,524 Posts
    I disagree with the notion that the leaks from the govt are damaging to national security. Maybe externally, but given Trump, not knowing what POTUS is up to might be more damaging internally.

I mean, public outrage might not influence Trump that much, but it influences Republicans a little.

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    18,909 Posts
    Apparently this invalidates /pol/'s story.

Perhaps it is legitimiate after all. If so, we're screwed really.

I just hope US intelligence is better than they are in Homeland.
    Something not being fabricated by /pol/ really doesn't mean that it's legitimate. News organizations having these documents for months and just sitting on them points to them being hard or impossible to verify, so a large dose of healthy scepticism is in order.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

17. Post #817
    October 2014
    501 Posts
    Cant fucking trust anything anymore
    Can you see the effect of Russia's new campaign?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

18. Post #818
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,696 Posts
    1) Intel chiefs brief Obama and Trump on possible Russian "kompromat," both financial (i.e. bribes in China business dealings) and personal (sexual perversions in FSB-monitored hotel suite)
    2) Buzzfeed publishes unsubstantiated 35-page memo alleging Russian collusion with Trump campaign in information exchange, details of Russian black-PR campaign aimed at delegitimizing US electoral process and Clinton campaign in particular
    3) CNN reports on Intel chief briefing but disregards questionable memo with exception of Cohen Prague visit
    4) Trump plagued with Russia hacking questions during first press conference in 6 months; acknowledges Russia's role in hacks, then goes back on this; attacks BuzzFeed and CNN as fake news, rejects CNN's pleas for a question, talks some other bullshit about jobs and Trump Corporation
    5) Different sources weigh in on legitimacy of 35-page memo; Cohen trip supposedly disproved, but not really; ex-MI5 (MI6?) author of memo named as one Mr. Steele; he refuses to confirm/deny authorship of the memo, because of course he would
    6) Still no official FBI/CIA comment on validity of accusations, nothing much to change until some more credible sources weigh in.

How'd I do?
    makes me laugh buzzfeed publicised that, apparently kink shaming with unsubstatiated proof is ok if its someone you dont like

19. Post #819
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    16,516 Posts
    makes me laugh buzzfeed publicised that, apparently kink shaming with unsubstatiated proof is ok if its someone you dont like
    Given that the Republicans are set to defund Planned Parenthood asap it looks a wee bit hypocritical

if it's true

20. Post #820
    January 2013
    4,041 Posts
    Buzzfeed is already a legit and allowed source

They didnt lie on anything
    Have people ever not? It's been a banned source here forever, as far I can recall. I know I've always cracked down on it, at any rate.

21. Post #821
    Sexist
    July 2006
    8,159 Posts
    Just because Buzzfeed posts articles like "we can guess your dick size by your zodiac sign" does not mean their legit journalistic enterprises are somehow compromised.

Several Buzzfeed articles have been legit contenders for pulitzer prizes, like their famous exposé on modern day slavery that came out a year ago ish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)