1. Post #161
    Gold Member

August 2006
    15,075 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 97 (list)

2. Post #162
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    OMFG IMPEACH TRUMP NOW
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

3. Post #163
    June 2012
    3,398 Posts
    If it actually is trying to make the left look dumb it probably won't work out that way. Yes if you're in on the joke its hilarious, but fake news apparently works. The takeaway a lot of people will have is Trump loves them golden showers and the collusion with Russia is absolutely real. It's one of the dumbest way to make the left look stupid so really the dumbest people here are those /pol/ hoaxers, cause they've done the left they hate so much a huge solid today in giving them the shit they need to rail against Trump forever, just as the right railed against Obama for the birther thing. Which, if this is fake, is equally as fake as the birther movement.

good job, ya played yoself
    So the left is going full /r9k/ mode for the next four years at least?

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

4. Post #164
    Certified Witch - Action Girl Department
    August 2010
    11,376 Posts
    do you want the secret service to show up to garry again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 35 (list)

5. Post #165
    Sexist
    July 2006
    8,182 Posts
    Didn't you cite Buzzfeed originally in the OP though
    No?

I noticed this because I saw it on CNN, found the article and video, and posted them here immediately.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,797 Posts
    well at least we know he's not wickedplayer494 since that guy got banned at the start of 2016
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

7. Post #167
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,300 Posts
    Holy shit Trump is a depraved, sick man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

8. Post #168
    August 2010
    11,376 Posts
    So the left is going full /r9k/ mode for the next four years at least?

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.
    Worked for the right, apparently. Not that I agree with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

9. Post #169
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    Hypothetical here:

Suppose this entire thing actually is fake news:

How exactly will DJT and the MSM respond in the next few days?

Not only did CNN/Whatever run the stories, but now Buzzfeed has a legit case of Liabel against them from DJT and the other people mentioned in the article.

Thats not even including the Intel report probably being discarded/taken with a yuge grain of salt due to association with the buzzfeed story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,467 Posts
    ban asdfghjkl;' right fucking now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

11. Post #171
    Fudders
    September 2010
    6,992 Posts
    This is seriously playing out exactly like a Pizzagate thread.
    If it actually is trying to make the left look dumb it probably won't work out that way. Yes if you're in on the joke its hilarious, but fake news apparently works. The takeaway a lot of people will have is Trump loves them golden showers and the collusion with Russia is absolutely real. It's one of the dumbest way to make the left look stupid so really the dumbest people here are those /pol/ hoaxers, cause they've done the left they hate so much a huge solid today in giving them the shit they need to rail against Trump forever, just as the right railed against Obama for the birther thing. Which, if this is fake, is equally as fake as the birther movement.

good job, ya played yoself
    Literally the same argument people used about Pizzagate even if they thought it wasn't true.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    7,001 Posts
    Looks like OvB was wrong; Trump very well could be a furry!

I mean at least he's not a Furry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

13. Post #173

14. Post #174
    August 2010
    11,376 Posts
    Literally the same argument people used about Pizzagate even if they thought it wasn't true.
    Pizzagate wasn't invented by the Left though? I don't think anyone claimed it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

15. Post #175
    /////////
    April 2011
    9,479 Posts
    Comparing this to pizzagate is fucking laughable
    how is it different in any way

16. Post #176
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,467 Posts
    lmao he just tweeted a breitbart-esque news site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,655 Posts
    God, the responses

Even if this is fake, I don't think people are going to let this meme go away. The stain has already set

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it absolutely hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

18. Post #178
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,300 Posts
    Keith Olbermann's twitter is gonna be funny for a few days, one way or another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

19. Post #179
    August 2013
    5,138 Posts

At least Trump's sourcing practices are consistent with his supporters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,943 Posts
    Holy good god that source...

I'm living in satire help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

21. Post #181
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    Pizzagate wasn't invented by the Left though? I don't think anyone claimed it was.
    It actually was believe it or not, but it was a collab between /leftpol/ and /pol/ during the podesta leaks.

Alt-right took it over after it made the jump to Reddit though

22. Post #182
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,726 Posts
    I thought we agreed not to talk about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 24 (list)

23. Post #183
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,467 Posts
    I thought we agreed not to talk about this
    OvB more like OvO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

24. Post #184
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    /pol/ made a handy recap to those just jumping into the thread

Take it with a grain of salt though as that is probably just for the "British MI6 Agent" part of the story, and not the whole thing

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

25. Post #185
    Gold Member

August 2006
    15,075 Posts
    Hypothetical here:

Not only did CNN/Whatever run the stories, but now Buzzfeed has a legit case of Liabel against them from DJT and the other people mentioned in the article.

Thats not even including the Intel report probably being discarded/taken with a yuge grain of salt due to association with the buzzfeed story.
    A very different situation that occurred in Sweden recently, but it's perhaps possible to draw some parallels. A guy claimed during a debate that a famous footballer was using performance enhancing drugs. Of course media starts spreading this story.

The guy gets sued for libel. He loses the libel case, but is freed from responsibility for spreading it to media. I think due to free speech, other Swedes correct me if I'm wrong.

However since the footballer won the libel case, he can use it as basis to sue media that spread/is spreading the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    8,198 Posts
    /pol/ makes a handy recap to those just jumping into the thread

Take it with a grain of salt though

Of course /pol/ is attempting to take credit for it, they're fucking /pol/.

Sharing /pol/ screencaps is about as credible as saying "my uncle works at nintendo and the switch is gonna have a fleshlight attachment so you can fuck palutena."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 38 (list)

27. Post #187
    August 2013
    5,138 Posts
    how is it different in any way
    At worst Buzzfeeds claims are unverified claims of watersports made by a nameless informant while pizzagate was literally a full-fledged conspiracy theory of the DNC running an underground child sex trafficking ring that almost led to a shooting

They're not comparable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

28. Post #188
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,300 Posts
    /pol/ makes a handy recap to those just jumping into the thread

Take it with a grain of salt though as that is probably just for the "British MI6 Agent" part of the story, and not the whole thing

4chan is a bad source, images are easy to fake, etc. Everyone hold onto your butts and see how this shakes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 21 (list)

29. Post #189
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    4,674 Posts
    In any case, it's Buzzfeed of all places that goes belly up, it's a win/win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 19 (list)

30. Post #190
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,467 Posts

Sharing /pol/ screencaps is about as credible as saying "my uncle works at nintendo and the switch is gonna have a fleshlight attachment so you can fuck palutena."
    I have a confession to make. It was I who pissed in obama's bed.

Fake news, nothing to see here. Move along.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

31. Post #191
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts

Did I say they took credit for it?

I just said they made a handy recap, and it's probably based around the mi6 part of the story.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    9,715 Posts
    I have a confession to make. It was I who pissed in obama's bed.

Fake news, nothing to see here. Move along.
    i was the bed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

33. Post #193
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 41 (list)

34. Post #194
    August 2013
    5,138 Posts

I just said they made a handy recap.
    You cannot be serious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

35. Post #195
    July 2007
    800 Posts
    This is fucking mad.

If this is real: we are confirmed living in a massive joke.
    If this is fake: we are confirmed living in a massive joke.

I thought this was just dumb and fake and would go out with a whimper, but it's going out with a bang either way. Even if it does nothing, part of me wants it to be real just to have this be written in history books as undisputed fact in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

36. Post #196
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,300 Posts
    In any case, it's Buzzfeed of all places that goes belly up, it's a win/win.
    I dunno buzzfeed might not be great but I don't want another billionaire to take down the free media like gawker.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    850 Posts
    From now on, can we please ban our Intelligence Officials from using the words "may", "could" or "possibly" when releasing any statements ? I'm really tired of them releasing statements that basically don't mean anything. When you don't show any hard proof, don't say anything. Their a complete joke at this point.

Russia May have Compromising Information on Trump, Russia could be behind the hack of the DNC .... Yeah ok.

And maybe if you shut your mouths one week before the election about having possibly incriminating evidence about Hillary's Emails we wouldn't have Donald Trump as our president.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

38. Post #198
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,619 Posts
    Hypothetical here:

a. as said previously, buzzfeed news != buzzfeed as far as journalistic integrity goes
    b. libel is debatable at this point, Herr Cheeto is a public figure and they never explicitly said "he did this", it's "we have reports of him doing this"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

39. Post #199
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    23,938 Posts
    no, because you clearly don't even read what you post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

40. Post #200
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    -snip-