1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,245 Posts
    This isn't real. We can't complain about fake news and then take this bait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

2. Post #82

April 2005
    18,537 Posts

saw this before seeing all the trump drama and was just so confused for a second there lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 23 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,583 Posts
    Do you think it will go full circle and be called #watergate?
    Seeing as one of the reporters that did that is on this as well, it probably will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    I would like to remind people that the only group who have actually contacted/learned this information from this operative was Buzzfeed.

Not the NY Times or the WA. Post, not ABC or NBC, not Breitbart or whatever leaning website. Fucking Buzzfeed, clickbait capital of the world.

This is fake clickbait news guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,993 Posts
    I would like to remind people that the only group who have actually contacted/learned this information from this operative was Buzzfeed.

Not the NY Times or the WA. Post, not ABC or NBC, not Breitbart or whatever leaning website. Fucking Buzzfeed, clickbait capital of the world.

The Guardian: FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts

[...]
    The Guardian can confirm that the documents reached the top of the FBI by December. Senator John McCain, who was informed about the existence of the documents separately by an intermediary from a western allied state, dispatched an emissary overseas to meet the source and then decided to present the material to Comey in a one-on-one meeting on 9 December, according to a source aware of the meeting. The documents, which were first reported on last year by Mother Jones, are also in the hands of officials in the White House
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

6. Post #86
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    4,672 Posts
    Funny how Trump ended up having more dirt on him than Hillary ever had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

7. Post #87
    March 2007
    1,999 Posts

This is one of those things like the boiling frog story--it's not the truth, it's truer than the truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,490 Posts
    Literal fake news

DID YOU GUYS REALLY BELIEVE THIS

edit: anime thing wasnt in the report
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

9. Post #89
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,431 Posts
    This is going to be the biggest amount of fake news since November.

Calling it now.

even if you ignore all tweets that confirmed this, you're still wrong

Some of the allegations were first reported publicly in Mother Jones one week before the election.
    Mother Jones has a pretty partisan lean, not going to lie. Unless CNN is mistaken you're being a goofball right now.

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,390 Posts

Buzzfeed news is quite a different beast from Buzzfeed proper. It's still not a world class news source. But despite that and their sensationalised titles, they have more journalistic integrity than Fox fucking News.

Not my first choice of source ever, but they have had some decent story coverage in the past.

It could still all be easily fake. But people do need to avoid conflating Buzzfeed News with Buzzfeed the clickbait listicle site. Two different entities under the same umbrella.

11. Post #91
    August 2011
    833 Posts

I don't understand this, every time a news story is sourced from Buzzfeed someone claims 'clickbait'. Buzzfeed News is a completely different section to all clickbait list-icles. It is like judging the BBC based on what is shown on BBC 3.

Their UK politics section is actually quite good and they have proper reporters writing proper articles. Buzzfeed News is a legit source IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    The Guardian: FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ussia-contacts
    The Guardian has not been able to confirm the veracity of the documents’ contents
    And the FBI/CIA/Whatever agencies have not come out and confirmed this file is accurate to their findings.

This kind of scare mongering bullshit was and still is rumor-mill tier. And the fact you guys are actually thinking that this document is a for real thing is actually concerning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,245 Posts
    Literal fake news

Calling it now, this is all a /pol/ campaign to make the '''left''' look stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,235 Posts
    Literal fake news

This just keeps getting better and better. I'm sure If I still cared either way I'd be upset, but this just continuing the fever dream of hilarity that is fake news, trump, and media shittyness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

15. Post #95
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    Calling it now, this is all a /pol/ campaign to make the '''left''' look stupid.
    DEEP COVER /POL/ OPS CONFIRMED?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,490 Posts
    if it is, it's working

17. Post #97
    RUSED AGAIN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    846 Posts
    Make America Golden Again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,431 Posts
    Literal fake news

Hold on for just two seconds.

Is the investigation reported in CNN based on the BuzzFeed bullshit? They mention Mother Jones as the first source, not BuzzFeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,717 Posts
    Imagine the grin on the face of the dude that wrote this.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,993 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

22. Post #102
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    4,672 Posts
    Literal fake news

Where did you get this from? That's not in the report.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 13 (list)

23. Post #103
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    4,700 Posts

Is this even in the original doc? Believe it or not it is easy to print a piece of paper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

24. Post #104
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    Hold on for just two seconds.

Is the investigation reported in CNN based on the BuzzFeed bullshit? They mention Mother Jones as the first source, not BuzzFeed.
    Mother Jones will take anything with a semi-legit story and run it.

I mean look at the stuff that makes the headlines nowadays.

25. Post #105
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 31 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,993 Posts
    Man, he's more enraged than normal. Maybe it hit a nerve?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 21 (list)

27. Post #107
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,431 Posts
    Ok so in IceTruth's attempt to shit this completely different report for being BuzzFeed fake news...

...he links BuzzFeed fake news saying that this was from the report.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,490 Posts
    Ok so in IceTruth's attempt to shit this completely different report for being BuzzFeed fake news...

...he links BuzzFeed fake news saying that this was from the report.
    True: the whole anime thing isn't in the document, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    Fudders
    September 2010
    6,967 Posts
    Has there ever been an incident like this in say, the past 100 years, where a major world power's leader like US/RU/UK was blackmailed or publicly humiliated by another power? History buffs help me out here, because this seems otherworldy to me.
    That time Jefferson or Adams got the press to accuse the other a hermaphrodite comes to mind.

30. Post #110
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    20,810 Posts
    The more shit like this happens, the more I think South Park was right when they made that episode about Earth just being a giant reality TV show.

I don't even know what's real anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,809 Posts
    Literal fake news

That's not in the report at at all.

That said, I'll wait a little bit for for proof this is real.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    4,672 Posts
    True: the whole anime thing isn't in the document, I think.
    It's not, there's no point 14 in any of the documents.

Did you really...Link to fake information without checking your sources to disprove the document?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 24 (list)

33. Post #113
    August 2013
    5,130 Posts
    Lmao so his attempt to shit on everyone for being gullible was to link something completely fake

Amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 33 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,515 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 28 (list)

35. Post #115
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,717 Posts
    I mean at least he's not a Furry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,583 Posts
    Looks like we got us a real story here folks!

MAKE THAT POPCORN!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,993 Posts
    He seems pissed.
    Truly a flustered stream of consciousness!

(But, seriously though - he is being transparent in his response by being more enraged than usual. This is a good sign for us.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,235 Posts

What is real anymore... I don't know anything... Am I dreaming?... Is this fake news?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    8,194 Posts
    Is this even in the original doc? Believe it or not it is easy to print a piece of paper.
    it's not, icytruth is full of shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

40. Post #120
    Fudders
    September 2010
    6,967 Posts
    This is actually really funny for me.

It's like the DNC, but the complete opposite.

Those were boring and completely verified, while this is utterly entertaining and probably fake as hell for now.

Honestly, I would be ready to accept Trump as Golden Shower king, I doubt he doesn't already literally own one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)