1. Post #41
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    18,721 Posts
    OvB made the claim, so the burden of proof was on him/those that sided with him. Roflburger asked for a source for these claims, and you offered a source that offered proof for only half of the claims that were being made.

I never claimed that the RNC was compromised, I merely offered skepticism towards OvB's claim. Coincidentally, it seems that Comey has come forward today to say that "while the Russians had successfully targeted individual Republican lawmakers and Republican state organizations, they had launched a successful attack only against non-longer active RNC accounts.". x
    I believe it's anecdotal claims from conservatives to be the case given that all the leaks as of now have been from the DNC. Getting RNC leaks would be some delicious icing on top of this historically crazy election.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,235 Posts
    I hope this year starts with a leaked video of Trump pissing on some prostitutes. It would just about perfectly express my opinion of current politics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 29 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2013
    12,164 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    Talk about Trumped Up Trickle Down!

Make America Gold Again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    people are already starting a #____gate meme

#GoldenGate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,172 Posts
    If it leads to Trump stepping down and a moderate candidate - be it Republican or Democrat - taking office, I'd be fine with it. No way in hell that I would want Pence, but I'd be totally okay with a normal and sane Republican since they won the election fair and square (well, Russians interfered with social engineering but besides that).
    Well you have pence, then ryan, then hatch. take your pick.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    Saw this on a Reddit comment:

(Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ussia/dc9hrot/ )

Jesus, people, look past the perverted shit and go to page 7 of that document:
    * Conspiracy between Trump's team and the Kremlin
    * Suggestion that Trump's team was "happy to have Russia as media boogeyman to mask more extensive corrupt business ties to China and other emerging countries".
    * Page 8: Trump engaged in "large bribes and kickbacks" in China and other countries, "which were they to become public, would be potentially very damaging to their campaign"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ussia/dc9idw0/

Inter alia, Source E, acknowledged that the Russian regime had been behind the recent leaks of embarrassing e-mail messages, emanating from the Democratic National Committee(DNC), to the Wikileaks platform. The reason for using WikiLeaks was "plausible deniability" and the operation had been conducted with the full knowledge and support of Trump and senior members of his campaign team. In return the TRUMP team had agreed to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue and to raise US/NATO defense commitments in the Baltics and Eastern Europe to deflect attention away from Ukraine, a priority for PUTIN who needed to cauterize the subject.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 11 (list)

8. Post #48
    OvB made the claim, so the burden of proof was on him/those that sided with him. Roflburger asked for a source for these claims, and you offered a source that offered proof for only half of the claims that were being made.

I never claimed that the RNC was compromised, I merely offered skepticism towards OvB's claim. Coincidentally, it seems that Comey has come forward today to say that "while the Russians had successfully targeted individual Republican lawmakers and Republican state organizations, they had launched a successful attack only against non-longer active RNC accounts.". x
    Here's the PDF that nytimes is citing

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...ack-Report.pdf

It's a really good read, and anybody who gives a shit about any of the news involving russians in SH should be reading the PDFs themselves to get a better understanding of what's happened.

This should be in conjunction with the previous PDF I linked of course. But who knows, maybe it'll get buried underneath all this dumb shitty zingers I see in SH all the time lol.

Edited:

Please, please don't link stuff to reddit that's citing back to Buzzfeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,048 Posts
    That golden shower bit sounds too good to be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts

It's a really good read, and anybody who gives a shit about any of the news involving russians in SH should be reading the PDFs themselves to get a better understanding of what's happened.

This should be in conjunction with the previous PDF I linked of course. But who knows, maybe it'll get buried underneath all this dumb shitty zingers I see in SH all the time lol.

Edited:

I know, Buzzfeed, I know I know, but they actually have the 35 page document directly available to read.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...RW#.fs8AN6L8oa

11. Post #51
    August 2012
    4,390 Posts
    The big secret is that Trump was wearing a wig the whole time. This was something no one expected at all.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,753 Posts

Edited:

buzzfeed news has a lot of legit reporters tbh, also they were the one who got their hands on and published the dossier.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

13. Post #53
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,268 Posts
    If it leads to Trump stepping down and a moderate candidate - be it Republican or Democrat - taking office, I'd be fine with it. No way in hell that I would want Pence, but I'd be totally okay with a normal and sane Republican since they won the election fair and square (well, Russians interfered with social engineering but besides that).
    I'm pretty sure if Trump stepped down we'd just get Pence. But who knows! This election has been all sorts of twists and turns I wouldn't be surprised if Batman became president at this point.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,134 Posts
    oh my god the intelligence community had to actually tell him that he's been setup by russia through media and his campaign and he still probably doesn't believe it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 14 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,839 Posts
    Imagine being trump and playing with your chair adjuster in the oval office when suddenly barry and a security officer barge in and says "gentlemen I wanted you both to hear this at once, President-Elect Trump hired women to piss all over your bed."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

16. Post #56
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,721 Posts
    If all this gets out it's going to be a shit show. I don't know if I have enough popcorn and booze to get me through 2017
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member

August 2006
    15,069 Posts
    No matter if any of this and surrounding events are real or fake, if someone had the goal to ridicule the US, they've really succeeded at doing it the past 12 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Starred Starred x 44 (list)

18. Post #58
    I know, Buzzfeed, I know I know, but they actually have the 35 page document directly available to read.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...RW#.fs8AN6L8oa
    Nice catch.

I honestly really do believe though that SH would be a better place had people read up on everything they possibly can. This is something that I've been doing recently only because I found a large amount of time on my hands- where I look at the content of the articles and it's citations or primary sources.

I mean of course I kinda just failed right there in my previous post, don't think I'll be making that same mistake again lmao.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    17,268 Posts
    No matter if any of this and surrounding events are real or fake, if someone had the goal to ridicule the US, they've really succeeded at doing it the past 12 months.
    Yeah Putin knocked that one outta the park.

20. Post #60
    /////////
    April 2011
    9,472 Posts
    I hope this year starts with a leaked video of Trump pissing on some prostitutes. It would just about perfectly express my opinion of current politics.
    he'd have my vote in 2020

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,753 Posts
    dont piss on me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    I think we largely did it ourselves from the inside out - sure, the Russians tried to prod us, but it's not the Russians' fault that people in the US were stupid enough to have taken the bait by viewing Donald Trump as a serious candidate to the point of electing him. We were the ones who did this to ourselves, and we as a country need to do some soul searching if things got bad to this extent just because of a petty partisan divide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

23. Post #63
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,721 Posts
    Nice catch.

I honestly really do believe though that SH would be a better place had people read up on everything they possibly can. This is something that I've been doing recently only because I found a large amount of time on my hands- where I look at the content of the articles and it's citations or primary sources.

I mean of course I kinda just failed right there in my previous post, don't think I'll be making that same mistake again lmao.
    Checking sources is always a good thing and something people typically don't do. You can make people believe anything in a 7 word headline. Then it multiplies like wildfire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts

EDIT:

Found this interesting reply on Twitter to the tweet above (the account is not "Far Right" themselves, they are a watch group according to their bio and profile name)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,235 Posts
    dont piss on me
    ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 36 (list)

26. Post #66
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    It's funny, as many people are pointing out, that the document made a ton of allegations of some pretty heavy corruption and possibly treason... yet the thing we're focusing on is the golden shower thing.

Man this country is going down the toilet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,587 Posts
    I dare not hope something this perfect be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

28. Post #68
    OvB
    March 2007
    18,721 Posts
    It's funny, as many people are pointing out, that the document made a ton of allegations of some pretty heavy corruption and possibly treason... yet the thing we're focusing on is the golden shower thing.

Nobody would pay any attention to that boring stuff in this Brave Meme World if it wasn't for the sick hashtag potential.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

29. Post #69
    April 2006
    132 Posts
    #drainthemainvein
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    I dare not hope something this perfect be true.
    These last several months have already been fucking surreal; why not add some more surreality that actually has a positive twist for once? Surreality helped elect Donald Trump, and hopefully it is what takes him down too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,583 Posts
    Apparently Carl Bernstein is working this story with others. We are about to witness a shitshow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    This is going to be the biggest amount of fake news since November.

Calling it now.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,696 Posts
    this pisses me off

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    I love the timing of this being before his first Press Conference. With the last few months being a shitshow, it sure is nice to have a chance of normalcy prevailing in the end. A nice, golden sunshine of hope, if you will!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,235 Posts

lmao, This year is looking up for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,583 Posts
    I love the timing of this being before his first Press Conference. With the last few months being a shitshow, it sure is nice to have a chance of normalcy prevailing in the end. A nice, golden sunshine of hope, if you will!
    He has a few options now. Most end with him being fucked in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts

You know, as shallow as this sounds, maybe people focusing on memes is a good thing at this point. I mean, sure it is stupid (and I'm guilty of jokes in this thread too - hell, I even contemplated pointing out a "going down the toilet"/"golden shower" joke), but hear me out. If people from 4Chan and r/TheDonald evangelize Trump because of his memes (or "meme magic"), maybe memes can work against him and help contribute to his downfall with people not taking him as seriously.

I mean, I'd much rather he lose power because people came to their senses, but if it takes Golden Shower memes to get people to fucking pay attention and hopefully read up on the other corruption also elaborated upon in the document, then so be it. We are days away from the Inauguration, so I'm not going to be picky at this point if it only registers on the public conscious' radar because of Golden Shower memes acting as the silver bullet to get people focused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

38. Post #78
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    32,442 Posts
    Fun Fact: this tweet used to have 200 retweets, now it has 1.1k
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 21 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    10,216 Posts
    people are already starting a #____gate meme

#GoldenGate
    Do you think it will go full circle and be called #watergate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 25 (list)

40. Post #80
    March 2007
    1,999 Posts
    That's bullshit, but I believe it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)