1. Post #681
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    It's funny that the majority of you guys didn't share the same sentiment when Obama criticized Fox News.
    This is what Obama said about Fox News.

weve got a tradition in this country of a press that oftentimes is opinionated,
    I think Fox is part of that tradition it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. Its a point of view that I disagree with, Mr. Obama said. Its a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world.

This is entirely fair to say when Fox News pushed the Birther Movement, has shown repeated conservative bias, and has engaged in petty conflict with the Obama administration for his entire tenure as president. Nothing he said was false in the least.

Trump, on the other hand, said, and I quote, "I am not going to give you a question, you are fake news." in a live press conference directly to a reporter.

There's a pretty marked difference here. CNN's bias comes nowhere near Fox's extensive campaigns against Obama and his administration that were often based on conspiracy and falsehoods. For Trump to call CNN "Fake news" when he repeatedly sources and pushes tabloids and legitimate fake news sites (such as Lifezette as recently as yesterday) is outrageous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 39 (list)

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,711 Posts
    Oh goody Canadian pity points. If I get enough do I get a trip to Tim Hortons?

If it ends up being true, I'll be proven wrong and except it. Congratulations.

But until that BI guy or his company actually comes out and confirms the dossier, which the agent hadn't talked about for at least a month according to the WSJ article, I'll still be skeptical.
    Skeptical is fine - Until something's proven true, you shouldn't believe it, after all. But you must at least admit that if there *are* in fact multiple intelligence sources on this thing, it's very, very concerning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

3. Post #683
    October 2016
    729 Posts
    on a slightly different note I am saddened that nobody is protesting that we shouldn't assume anything until we know all the facts blah blah....
    I wonder how long this is going to run and whether we will ever actually know what is true or not?

4. Post #684
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,711 Posts
    on a slightly different note I am saddened that nobody is protesting that we shouldn't assume anything until we know all the facts blah blah....
    I wonder how long this is going to run and whether we will ever actually know what is true or not?
    When the post directly above yours is doing the very thing that you're claiming nobody in the thread is doing, you know you fucked up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

5. Post #685
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    20,449 Posts
    try reading the thread, plenty of posts like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Starred Starred x 16 (list)

6. Post #686
    August 2011
    682 Posts
    But until that BI guy or his company actually comes out and confirms the dossier, which the agent had refused to talk about for at least a month according to the WSJ article, I'll still be skeptical.
    Read the thing I posted earlier:

Posted without comment:

https://order-order.com/2017/01/11/d...ations-source/

(It is Guido Fawkes which is terrible source so take with a bucket of salt & if it's true we are unlikely to corroboration from other British media)
    They wouldn't issue this gagging request if the NYT article wasn't close to the mark.

7. Post #687

May 2013
    561 Posts
    Isn't that lovely secure position to coddle you in the chilly night. This is a dispute about clandestine events investigated by intelligence agencies. You absolutely rest assured that all the facts will never be known.

8. Post #688
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    I know the thread is 18 pages long and I dont expect you to read all of it, but come the fuck on man. This has been the default stance of the majority of people ITT for its entire duration. Nobody here is assuming anything. We're posing judgements and speculations based on the information we've been presented so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

9. Post #689
    Fudders
    September 2010
    7,265 Posts
    try reading the thread, plenty of posts like that
    And since yesterday when I mentioned this earlier point, I have seen several who throw caution to the wind and don't care if it's fake too.

10. Post #690
    Here I sit, I am elated, Came to shit, Ejaculated
    December 2010
    519 Posts

I really do hope thousands of people are looking up christopher steele right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 24 (list)

11. Post #691
    October 2016
    729 Posts
    I know the thread is 18 pages long and I dont expect you to read all of it, but come the fuck on man. This has been the default stance of the majority of people ITT for its entire duration. Nobody here is assuming anything. We're posing judgements and speculations based on the information we've been presented so far.
    I never said anyone was assuming anything, I said that nobody was protesting that we shouldn't assume, which is different.
    I only read through the last 3 pages or so though.

12. Post #692
    August 2015
    1,242 Posts
    Skeptical is fine - Until something's proven true, you shouldn't believe it, after all. But you must at least admit that if there *are* in fact multiple intelligence sources on this thing, it's very, very concerning.
    It is very concerning, and I do admit that there are multiple sources on this.

But all of them lack the confirmation by the original guy, and the fact that he didn't talk about this potentially global-scale issue for at least a month, because he thought it was 'too hot', and then releasing it literally ELEVEN DAYS before his inauguration (wtf was he waiting for if December was 'too hot'?) is something I just can't take seriously.

Until this man comes out and says it, or the FBI/CIA confirms the legitimacy of it, I am staying skeptical.

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    This story is at least as true as Hillary wanting to go to war with Russia, or Hillary being on death's door, or Hillary supporting the TPP, or Hillary having people assassinated, or Obama being Kenyan, or CNN faking technical issues to silence trump supporters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

14. Post #694
    August 2008
    1,212 Posts
    And since yesterday when I mentioned this earlier point, I have seen several who throw caution to the wind and don't care if it's fake too.
    Except the posts you linked to didn't really seem to suggest that at all.

People laughing at the public perception is quite different than not caring about what is or isn't true.

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    3,787 Posts

I really do hope thousands of people are looking up christopher steele right now.
    Damn, ex-british spies are sure hot af.

16. Post #696
    October 2016
    729 Posts
    Isn't that lovely secure position to coddle you in the chilly night. This is a dispute about clandestine events investigated by intelligence agencies. You absolutely rest assured that all the facts will never be known.
    indeed, although he is obviously guilty? right?

17. Post #697
    August 2015
    1,242 Posts
    Damn, ex-british spies are sure hot af.
    Calling it right now, that guy and a gay Ameri-Ruskie will be hired by Brazzers to make a parody of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    20,449 Posts
    you know what i'm about to ask, don't you

can you point out where these posts are?

last time you only quoted two. one of which deconstructed the situation without praising the idea of fake news and didn't really come close to what you were accusing it of, while the other did praise it in a way... because it hoped these claims would catch people's eye and get them to properly educate themselves on the trump administration, which really isn't a bad thing

that's one post in an 18 page thread, time to update that list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Starred Starred x 7 (list)

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    7,653 Posts
    The apathy around Trump is infuriating, I had a friend who saw him and his argument with the CNN reporter and it was "Who cares they're all terrible".

Like come on, this country is doomed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 12 (list)

20. Post #700
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    8,272 Posts
    It's funny that the majority of you guys didn't share the same sentiment when Obama criticized Fox News.
    The crux of my post was that Trump was hypocritical for appearing on Info Wars, one of the biggest online purveyors of fake news, and did not criticize them, but rather targeted members of his own press core.

If you can find an example of Obama demonstrating such obvious hypocrisy, then your argument will have a point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 20 (list)

21. Post #701
    July 2016
    3,543 Posts
    I am absolutely still sceptical. I really don't know what to think, actually. This is seriously weird to me. There's nothing I can name that's anything like this in recent memory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

22. Post #702
    Fudders
    September 2010
    7,265 Posts
    Except the posts you linked to didn't really seem to suggest that at all.

People laughing at the public perception is quite different than not caring about what is or isn't true.
    I am going to continue to believe this despite overwhelming evidence. If you can't beat them, become them. :)
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...1#post51654865

23. Post #703
    July 2016
    3,543 Posts
    So that's one. Do you have anymore?

I'd also like to hear your actual thoughts on the manner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,124 Posts
    The apathy around Trump is infuriating, I had a friend who saw him and his argument with the CNN reporter and it was "Who cares they're all terrible".

Like come on, this country is doomed.
    It's easier for people to bury their fucking heads or go along with it than face the facts and the music. People will go so fucking far in this country to not have to admit they were wrong, or made a bad decision. I just don't understand it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

26. Post #706
    August 2015
    1,242 Posts
    I wonder what the FBI and the BI agencies are doing right now.

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,938 Posts
    This story is at least as true as Hillary wanting to go to war with Russia, or Hillary being on death's door, or Hillary supporting the TPP, or Hillary having people assassinated, or Obama being Kenyan, or CNN faking technical issues to silence trump supporters.
    Of all these (otherwise ridiculous) stuff you posted I truly believe this actually happened once.

"oh nooo"

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    How the fuck can anyone expect me or anyone else to honestly give a shit about unverified claims against trump? He fucking rode into office on a wave of lies, propaganda, and half truths, and now I'm supposed to be some fucking vanguard of truth?

I tried to advocate skepticism all throughout the election, and all I got was mocking laughter from the trumple peanut gallery. Them and daddy don can all get fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 18 (list)

29. Post #709

May 2013
    561 Posts
    indeed, although he is obviously guilty? right?
    You shouldn't assume anything about my stance until you know all the facts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Fudders
    September 2010
    7,265 Posts
    So that's one. Do you have anymore?

I'd also like to hear your actual thoughts on the manner.
    Well I have posted already my thoughts on the matter quite a bit around 10ish pages in.

I still think it's unverifiable bullshit like Pizzagate, but people can keep speculating if Trump really wears toddler-like PJs while watching Hentai with prostitutes in Russia and likes Golden Showers. For me personally I laugh at it and the people who buy it.

Now for the rest of the content in the 35 page paper, it's all still flimsy as hell at the moment and it's not looking good if people have to seperate the retarded sex fetish shit from it already.

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    Of all these (otherwise ridiculous) stuff you posted I truly believe this actually happened once.

"oh nooo"
    I'm not even going to go over my argument again from the thread about this. Believe whatever stupid shit you want. Have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

32. Post #712
    August 2013
    3,705 Posts
    Well I have posted already my thoughts on the matter quite a bit around 10ish pages in.

I still think it's unverifiable bullshit like Pizzagate, but people can keep speculating if Trump really wears toddler-like PJs while watching Hentai with prostitutes in Russia and likes Golden Showers. For me personally I laugh at it and the people who buy it.

Now for the rest of the content in the 35 page paper, it's all still flimsy as hell at the moment and it's not looking good if people have to seperate the retarded sex fetish shit from it already.
    We dont need to speculate about that because it was already proven fake over 10 pages ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 15 (list)

33. Post #713
    October 2016
    729 Posts
    You shouldn't assume anything about my stance until you know all the facts.
    It was clearly a question and not an assumption.

34. Post #714
    July 2016
    3,543 Posts

But this has an actually person attached to it making the claims, along with multiple sources. I don't think it's comparable to whatever bullshit was peddled by certain Trump supporters.

I was asking for an update because I believe the new information really changes things.

35. Post #715
    August 2015
    1,242 Posts
    Snip

36. Post #716
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    10,767 Posts
    Is that really the best you can muster? Because that's just someone being petty and somewhat satirical. They're literally saying "since Trump supporters have acted this way throughout his entire campaign there's no reason for me not to as well to give them a taste of their own medicine". I'd be quite surprised if the person you're quoting legitimately does believe all of this. Trump supporters can't act that way then turn around and go "wow, that's not okay when YOU do it!!!!!!"

Edited:

Good job referencing the one that was outright proven to be a fabrication that isn't in the actual document.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    try taking shadow801 a bit more seriously, and a bit less literally ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

38. Post #718
    August 2015
    1,242 Posts

Man I'm a skeptic and even I know the anime page was fake as hell.

39. Post #719
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    20,449 Posts

I have seen several who throw caution to the wind and don't care if it's fake
    I have seen several
    several
    you keep using that word, i don't think it means what you think it means
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Brazil Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

40. Post #720
    Fudders
    September 2010
    7,265 Posts
    But this has an actually person attached to it making the claims, along with multiple sources. I don't think it's comparable to whatever bullshit was peddled by certain Trump supporters.

I was asking for an update because I believe the new information really changes things.
    Christopher Steele the gay porn actor or the guy who won't verify it cause it is too hot?

Also don't forget that multiple news sources have come out and said that they can't independently verify it like Huffington Post (Who I would think love this), ABC, and others. The credibility on this report is already in the shitter with fetish part being exposed as fake.

Just a confirmation in the future that Trump's associate never was in Prague at that time or something else and this thing is done except for crazy people like that Pizzagate guy with the gun who will still champion it.