1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,949 Posts
    ok, who did america elect.
    I don't understand where you are going with this?

You can't just keep reverting back to "yeh but we won tho" every time something bad comes out about Trump.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

2. Post #642
    July 2016
    3,547 Posts
    The chat in the live stream of the meeting was even more cancerous. They were praising him for outing 'the jesuits pulling the strings of the zionists'. What.
    Remember, you can't spell Ignatius of Loyola without IGN.

Wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

3. Post #643
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts
    Winning what?
    Winning a semi small argument in SH, the pride of all left/right wing Facepunchers.

/s

ALSO: Both the Wash. Post and the NY Time are still wating for verification of the ACTUAL INFO in the OP's articles/videos. Give it a few more hours and this entire "scandal" is doomed to a dustbin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,062 Posts
    America voted for Trump in a free and fair election. Disagree?
    Who cares, this isn't about whether or not he was elected fairly it's about whether a foreign country has compromising information on the person holding the highest office in the land, and how he's too fucking stupid to hold a press conference to clear the air about it.

I hope to god he gets impeached, btw. Whether from this or something else, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. I don't even care about Pence getting into office, him and the clown circus that's the GOP are the ones who are really going to be running the circus anyways. At least they'll be able to fuck everything up with some dignity.

I kinda' want to see the reactions of anyone who actually believes in the nepotistic blowhard when it happens too. This entire charade has been amazing for my mood. Is this how republicans have felt when they tuned into FOX news nightly over the course of the past eight years? Maybe they're onto something...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

5. Post #645
    Dennab
    November 2016
    204 Posts
    I don't understand where you are going with this?

You can't just keep reverting back to "yeh but we won tho" every time something bad comes out about Trump.
    I think the reality is that Trump won the election. He will be president for the next four years, at the least. And you say I reverted, reverted from what?

6. Post #646
    /////////
    April 2011
    8,924 Posts
    before that, he'll be impeached and in a federal prison, and when the feds come to drag him out, he'll threaten to sue them for laying hands on the President
    lock him up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,921 Posts
    I decided to check /r/the_donald to see how they're all reacting, but it was just one big denial-fueled circlejerk so literally nothing had changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

8. Post #648
    Dennab
    November 2016
    204 Posts
    Who cares, this isn't about whether or not he was elected fairly it's about whether a foreign country has compromising information on the person holding the highest office in the land, and how he's too fucking stupid to hold a press conference to clear the air about it.

I hope to god he gets impeached, btw. Whether from this or something else, I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. I don't even care about Pence getting into office, him and the clown circus that's the GOP are the ones who are really going to be running the circus anyways. At least they'll be able to fuck everything up with some dignity.

I kinda' want to see the reactions of anyone who actually believes in the nepotistic blowhard when it happens too. This entire charade has been amazing for my mood. Is this how republicans have felt when they tuned into FOX news nightly over the course of the past eight years? Maybe they're onto something...
    That's what happens when you elect a loon. Good job!

9. Post #649
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    10,767 Posts
    Well there's really nothing stopping them. If they're fine with making themselves look like a total idiot that's really up to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

10. Post #650
    December 2012
    4,693 Posts
    I decided to check /r/the_donald to see how they're all reacting, but it was just one big denial-fueled circlejerk so literally nothing had changed.
    Ignore the facts so you can ignore reality!
    ~MAGA~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

11. Post #651
    August 2011
    682 Posts
    There is now a name attached to the document, the 'ex British intelligence officer' is one Christopher Steele according to the WSJ.

The fact that more stuff is coming out shows that the story has legs and isn't some BS hoax by /pol.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/christop...ump-1484162553
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 6 (list)

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,062 Posts
    That's what happens when you elect a loon. Good job!
    I didn't vote for him, nobody in my immediate family voted for him, and I repeatedly made the argument against voting for him among my friends, many of whom didn't vote for him. The numerical majority of Americans didn't vote for him, and I've been opposed to the electoral college before this whole charade because I didn't like the idea that members could just decide not to vote for the candidate their constituents voted for.

The only way I could be less responsible for this is if I personally went out and campaigned for Bernie and/or Clinton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

13. Post #653
    December 2012
    4,693 Posts
    There is now a name attached to the document, the 'ex British intelligence officer' is one Christopher Steele according to the WSJ.

The fact that more stuff is coming out shows that the story has legs and isn't some BS hoax by /pol.

JESUS CHRIST

The hole gets deeper every minute

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,132 Posts

It never was a BS hoax just 4chan trying to take credit. Nothing on 4chan has any fucking weight or anything they said can be verified with shit like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 5 (list)

15. Post #655
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts

Mr. Burrows, reached at his home outside London on Wednesday, said he wouldn’t “confirm or deny” that Orbis had produced the report. A neighbor of Mr. Steele’s said Mr. Steele said he would be away for a few days. In previous weeks Mr. Steele has declined repeated requests for interviews through an intermediary, who said the subject was “too hot.””
    EVEN THE GUY WHO IS THE CO-OWNER WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE DOSSIER WON'T CONFIRM THAT THEY WROTE IT. Along with that, the guy who wrote the dossier will not even TALK about the fucking thing.

This story has legs made of cardboard.

16. Post #656
    July 2016
    3,547 Posts
    You know that when the first result for his name is literally the WSJ that was just posted that you're talking about someone who's definitely not been on the radar until now, which is making me think this definitely has some truth to it.

Oh boy. What's going to happen?

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    EVEN THE GUY WHO IS THE CO-OWNER WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE DOSSIER WON'T CONFIRM THAT THEY WROTE IT.

you are just the most precious thing, you know that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 16 (list)

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,949 Posts
    I think the reality is that Trump won the election. He will be president for the next four years, at the least. And you say I reverted, reverted from what?
    Not just you personally, just some people in general have a weird habit of acting like the election was the end of the matter and that "but trump won!" is the only retort necessary no matter how unfit he proves himself to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,940 Posts
    They break character too sometimes, I checked what were the reactions when Rick Perry was chosen as Secretary of Energy, and people were actually upvoting comments how this was a bad choice until mods shut everybody down like "Trump surely knows what he is doing, this is good etc"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Hungary Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,132 Posts
    EVEN THE GUY WHO IS THE CO-OWNER WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE DOSSIER WON'T CONFIRM THAT THEY WROTE IT.

Or maybe you don't talk or confirm anything before speaking to your lawyers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 17 (list)

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    9,782 Posts

By the time we finish going down the rabbit hole, we're going to be all the way in China
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

22. Post #662
    August 2011
    682 Posts

'Neither confirm nor deny' - if they didn't write it they would just simply say 'no'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    May 2012
    3,221 Posts
    America knows how the election system works. If Clinton was in the same situation, she would definitely not cede victory.
    No they don't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,958 Posts
    By the time we finish going down the rabbit hole, we're going to be all the way in China
    Everything is a Chinese conspiracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,620 Posts
    Can we all just take a moment to reflect on the fact that our President was happily interviewed by Alex Jones, a 9/11 truther who posits that our government faked Sandy Hook, and drugged our water supply.

But behind the seal of the President-elect, called CNN "fake news" and told a reporter to be quiet.

This shit isn't funny anymore. Our soon to be President has had three months to stop posting Twitter rants, and start acting like our leader. Is it ever going to happen?
    It's funny that the majority of you guys didn't share the same sentiment when Obama criticized Fox News.

26. Post #666
    Dennab
    November 2016
    204 Posts
    Trump confirmed that he is running for another 4 years of office in 2020.

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    14,320 Posts
    It's funny that the majority of you guys didn't share the same sentiment when Obama criticized Fox News.
    yeah remember when obama had a tantrum during one of his press conferences and called fox news a big fat mess

oh wait obama wasn't a manchild
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 37 (list)

28. Post #668
    August 2011
    682 Posts
    EVEN THE GUY WHO IS THE CO-OWNER WITH THE GUY WHO WROTE THE DOSSIER WON'T CONFIRM THAT THEY WROTE IT. Along with that, the guy who wrote the dossier will not even TALK about the fucking thing.

Posted without comment:

https://order-order.com/2017/01/11/d...ations-source/

(It is Guido Fawkes which is terrible source so take with a bucket of salt & if it's true we are unlikely to corroboration from other British media)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,124 Posts
    'Neither confirm nor deny' - if they didn't write it they would just simply say 'no'.
    For real, if someone knows they didn't write something, and there's this much heat on them they'd just say "no". "Neither confirm nor deny" are the weasel words used to mitigate culpability of something you actually had some hand in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,949 Posts
    Obama didn't tweet articles from fake news sites and do interviews with conspiracy nuts.

He also didn't throw a paddy like a literal child.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 16 (list)

31. Post #671
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    10,767 Posts
    There's a difference between one incident and a concerted effort. On top of that the reasons behind the incidents matter as well. Trump is outright trying to ignore what's inconvenient to him. Criticizing news media when there's an issue is perfectly fine. Criticizing them and acting like a total child just because they said something that doesn't fit your narrative is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Starred Starred x 10 (list)

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    4,682 Posts
    #PissGate

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,066 Posts
    btw, if people were ever really willing to immediately believe those who claim they sent in the info on 4chan:
    Seven years ago the final evolutions of the Pokémon Black and White starters were "leaked." They were so ridiculous nobody wanted to believe them. Everyone cried "fake!" 4chan was rife with people showing bits and pieces of "proof" they weren't real.
    Eventually one gentleman, anonymous of course, came forth and claimed he had made the fakes himself, providing pictures and detailed descriptions on how he came to create them. Everyone bought it

Spoiler alert:
    They were real. Anonymous 4chan users claimed they were behind it just for laughs. they were real, no matter how absurd they were

food for thought
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Starred Starred x 8 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,714 Posts

I pity you, I really do. What happens if it ends up being true? It's already looking more and more credible with every passing hour, what with all the new info coming out. What would you do then?

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    9,782 Posts
    I pity you, I really do. What happens if it ends up being true? It's already looking more and more credible with every passing hour, what with all the new info coming out. What would you do then?
    "it's still fake"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Starred Starred x 4 (list)

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,065 Posts
    "America voted Trump in a fair election. Disagree?"

37. Post #677
    December 2012
    4,693 Posts
    Cognitive dissonance does wonders on people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

38. Post #678
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,714 Posts
    "America voted Trump in a fair election. Disagree?"
    Which would be cute, but tangential to the actual issue, which is that Trump would essentially be a puppet of the Russian government.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,065 Posts
    Which would be cute, but tangential to the actual issue, which is that Trump would essentially be a puppet of the Russian government.
    Oh sorry, wrong reply.

"No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

40. Post #680
    August 2015
    1,245 Posts
    Oh goody Canadian pity points. If I get enough do I get a trip to Tim Hortons?

If it ends up being true, I'll be proven wrong and accept that I was wrong.

But until that BI guy or his company actually comes out and confirms the dossier, which the agent had refused to talk about for at least a month according to the WSJ article, I'll still be skeptical.

(User was banned for this post ("Extended - Shitposting Elsewhere" - rilez))