1. Post #1
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,547 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    4,285 Posts
    blueglass or riot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Runs I'm looking forward to:
    Shovel Knight any% (57m, 11730EST Sun)
    Ninja Gaiden pacifist% (20m, 2323EST Mon)
    SSBM allevents% (55m, 1050EST Tue)
    Metroid Prime 2 low% (1h50m, 1155EST Tue)
    Dark Messiah any% (40m, 1450EST Tue)
    Doom 2016 any% (1h15m, 1917EST Tue)
    DKC trilogy relay (2h30m, 2117EST Fri)
    TASBot (~1h, 15:22EST Sat)
    Wind Waker HD any% (4h, 1735EST Sat)
    Super Metroid 100% race (1h20m 2145EST Sat)

4. Post #4
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    reminder bonesaw577 was banned from gdq this year because of his jak and daxter speedrun

dont expect him to run here or summer games
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    reminder bonesaw577 was banned from gdq this year because of his jak and daxter speedrun
    As much as I enjoyed watching that run, he did totally deserve that for telling people to spam a corporate twitter account (American Airlines, wasn't it?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    September 2014
    424 Posts
    It feels like if you so much as cough in the wrong direction you're banned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    Pro tip: the Default Twitch viewer is shit.

would recommend downloading streamlink and (optional) The streamlink twitch gui which lets you control it without a cmd window.

Streamlink will allow you to play twitch streams on your media player on your computer (VLC, MPC, etc.). this kills ads, allows you to actually watch streams at a higher quality without it dying on you (i have ok internet and was physically incapable of watching on source till this) , and general performance improvements because it isnt running the stream on a terrible flash player, killing your memory+CPU, and allows gpu processing n shit.

make sure to edit the config file to the media player of your choice.

then you can run the twitch popout chat and basically have the same experience but with better video (running below with source, so 1080p60 )

would recommend this for any twitch stream till amazon forces them to fix the shit player
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,406 Posts
    As much as I enjoyed watching that run, he did totally deserve that for telling people to spam a corporate twitter account (American Airlines, wasn't it?).
    it was canadian airlines and when GDQ apologized they said that they didnt even notice the spam.
    im still going to watch it but i wont donate like last year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 14Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I pulled my testicle out of my ballsack in my dreams
    May 2007
    9,685 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    6,551 Posts
    the daikatana speedrun is the only thing i need in my life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    BOUGHT A DRAGON DILDO X
    December 2007
    1,245 Posts
    I finally get to watch AGDQ live, for the whole week even, because I got sick leave after getting surgery for a pilonidal sinus
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Switzerland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,192 Posts
    Pro tip: the Default Twitch viewer is shit.

would recommend downloading streamlink and (optional) The streamlink twitch gui which lets you control it without a cmd window.
    Any noticeable differences with it and livestreamer?

Not that I use livestreamer for the moment, MPV supports youtube-dl after all so I can run Twitch streams directly in it. https://mpv.io/

13. Post #13
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    Any noticeable differences with it and livestreamer?

Not that I use livestreamer for the moment, MPV supports youtube-dl after all so I can run Twitch streams directly in it. https://mpv.io/
    besides livestreamer not being updated in almost 2 years not really

streamlink is just a actually-being-updated version

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,917 Posts
    For not being updated livestreamer still works perfectly in my experience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,142 Posts
    Excited for Quake, New Vegas, System Shock 2, Half Life: Blue Shift (with my man Cubeface), and Left 4 Dead 1.

Not many games this year that I like, it seems they're really cutting the PC stuff recently. 2014 had so many good games, and since then it's kinda collapsed IMO.

edit: oh borderlands 2 is next. cool that game is long but it's a pretty good speedrun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 30Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    I'll still be watching this marathon, but honestly I'm just not as excited about it. IMO the older (more informal) marathons were much more entertaining to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    "did you just assume that hearts gender"

ANOTHER BAN INCOMING

edit:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    31,894 Posts
    Can't wait for the TAS Block next Saturday.

20. Post #20
    October 2014
    2,251 Posts
    Can't wait for the TAS Block next Saturday.
    Its the main thing i love watching.

2nd is the runs for modern games that seem interesting to speedrun (mainly pc)

21. Post #21
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    Its the main thing i love watching.

2nd is the runs for modern games that seem interesting to speedrun (mainly pc)
    honestly curious bout borderlands 2 run since every gun is pure rng

despite my absolute hatred for gearbox

22. Post #22
    July 2013
    3,330 Posts
    I'm excited to watch but i'm broke

also Facepunch still has a chatroom used for AGDQ, you can post or pm your username if you want to join

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,142 Posts
    honestly curious bout borderlands 2 run since every gun is pure rng

despite my absolute hatred for gearbox
    They use an amazing glitch that allows the mechromancer to shoot a shotgun extremely fast and have high damage. They do the killing where the others do the objectives. It's a long but quite fun speedrun.

24. Post #24
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 32 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2013
    7,672 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    May 2007
    9,685 Posts
    "shout outs to my anus"

oh lord he's banned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    "shout outs to my anus"

oh lord he's banned

They'll take him out back behind the chemical sheds and put a bullet in his head once his run is over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2016
    2,781 Posts
    I keep getting annoyed by the fact I keep opening this page to see the comments and then for some reason the audio plays on this page because I have the stream opened on another and it just makes everything worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,547 Posts
    I keep getting annoyed by the fact I keep opening this page to see the comments and then for some reason the audio plays on this page because I have the stream opened on another and it just makes everything worse.
    I will just make the media tag a link then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,356 Posts
    Why is "Greetings from Germany" in the title exactly? I thought OP was German but his profile says he isn't, the event is American too.

31. Post #31
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    41,402 Posts
    Why is "Greetings from Germany" in the title exactly? I thought OP was German but his profile says he isn't, the event is American too.
    Because so many of the donations they read start with that I'm guessing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

32. Post #32

33. Post #33
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts

34. Post #34
    May 2007
    9,685 Posts
    "Brownman" was top for filename in Shovel Knight with 140$ and a minute later "Bonesaw" was top with 325$ lol

35. Post #35
    September 2014
    424 Posts
    audio recording with transcript

http://pastebin.com/9fSeDsXu
    This is so infuriating to read/listen to and I don't even know the guy Jesus Christ

Also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

36. Post #36
    June 2014
    1,507 Posts
    Wow, this event is even more of a shitshow than last year's was, and within the first few runs too.
    Glad that word is getting out about the shittiness too.
    The only good chain of events here would be for AGDQ to slowly peter out and die, and for another comfy event to take its place. I just want the comfy fun of the first few years.

37. Post #37
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,547 Posts
    It annoys me that the stream on the right has a lower framerate than the one on the left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2016
    2,781 Posts
    It annoys me that the stream on the right has a lower framerate than the one on the left.
    TO ruin it further, a friend pointed out there's a slight colour difference between the two screens too.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the run!

39. Post #39
    April 2007
    22,061 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 48Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    June 2014
    1,507 Posts
    Woah, didn't expect that the news of this ban would rile up some of the bigger YouTubers.
    I normally don't like drama but I really hope this causes a shitshow tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)