1. Post #161
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    Also it's nice to see CarcinogenSDA on the couch. He's a pretty cool RE runner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,512 Posts
    That MGS 2 run turned out a lot better than I expected. That metal gear ray fight was insane on European extreme difficulty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,604 Posts
    The DMC run was pretty cool.

4. Post #164
    November 2009
    1,184 Posts
    aw crap, I missed coolkid's quake run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,719 Posts
    Well that RE0 run went over estimate by 17 seconds, but then they changed the estimate a minute down very late into the run for some reason.

Edited:

there's silent hill, and then there's    the room   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    September 2014
    424 Posts
    Went to sleep after the shovel knight run, wake up, decide to check the stream and what the fuck are those 2 doing in the front row

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    19,506 Posts
    tfw my boy saint has to stay up an extra hour because his run was supposed to start 6 minutes ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    11,977 Posts
    the game lineup is as good as last years, not really excited about anything in particular.

Edited:

meant to say not as good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,377 Posts
    There is a half hour dedicated to Wolf Quest's single player tutorial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    I wish Blechy was on the couch more often, I love listening to him.

That MGS 2 run turned out a lot better than I expected. That metal gear ray fight was insane on European extreme difficulty.
    He handled the MG Ray fight extremely well, it's quite punishing on that difficulty since it's so goddamn long.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,313 Posts
    Aw yeah. Donated $50 to create the PJSalt name incentive for Salt and Sanctuary's name (with another $25 going to the BL2 glitch exhibition) during the OoT3D run yesterday. Good to see it's at $900+ already. Really want to see that run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    September 2014
    424 Posts
    I haven't heard of salt and sanctuary but it looks really cool

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    16,504 Posts
    I haven't heard of salt and sanctuary but it looks really cool
    It's a souls-like made by 2 people and it's shockingly good. There are a bunch of glitches that can be used to speedrun, which don't break the game, and the developer's response to the discovery of them was "I ain't even mad."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    the developer's response to the discovery of them was "I ain't even mad."
    I'd love to see a "speedrunners versus developers" race at a future *GDQ. I'm sure a dev could find some new speedrun tech if they looked hard enough at their code. And even if they don't do nearly as well, it could still be amusing as hell to hear their commentary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #175
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    Aw yeah, Blechy will be reading donations for a while.

16. Post #176
    February 2013
    7,672 Posts

10 dollar tendies wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,167 Posts
    staff completely screwed the incentive part of the turing test run by not giving azorae the information he asked for several times throughout the run. run was still good but people gave money for that incentive.

we're how many years in now? and they still can't get their shit together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #178
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    Wow I totally forgot about Sega Bass Fishing.

19. Post #179
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    5,103 Posts
    Man, so far this year takes the cake when it comes to sound issues and the length of set-ups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #180
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    I reaaaaaallllyyyy wish they had Power Up Audio handling this one. This is almost comical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,069 Posts
    the setup has been atrocious this year, what happened?
    i mean its been bad every year, but what the fuck?

22. Post #182
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    Here's a look behind the scenes:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Artistic Artistic x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,512 Posts
    the setup has been atrocious this year, what happened?
    I think it's because PowerUp Audio aren't doing the setup this year. Jesus this run, you can barely hear the runner over the game audio for this Kirby game.

Actually, I think they just fixed it. It's a bit better now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,719 Posts
    I admit, when I saw Tilt 'n Rumble on the schedule, I wasn't expecting him to manhandle a Gamecube for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    June 2014
    1,507 Posts
    What I want to know is why there's such a disparity in visual/audio quality between monitors.
    During the Megaman race, one monitor was really fucking yellow, and one of the others had ridiculously muffled sound quality.

26. Post #186
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    6,070 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,377 Posts
    I cannot ever justify audio balancing issues. It takes two seconds of listening to a video to find out which channel of audio needs to be bumped or lowered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,512 Posts
    Seriously, it can't be that hard. This guy on the couch is about 10x louder than everyone else and is clipping. Sheesh.

Wow, now the Super Monkey Ball volume is suddenly waaaaay louder and is drowning everyone out. Get it together people.

29. Post #189
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,547 Posts
    Suddenly the game audio is 100x louder than it was
    What the fuck are these guys doing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,377 Posts
    It was mid fucking sentence too and not changed as well.

reADY GO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    November 2014
    650 Posts
    welcome to Audio issues fixed eventually 2017 brought to you by Not Powerup Audio

one day GDQ will get the audio levels right one day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #192
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    Suddenly the game audio is 100x louder than it was
    What the fuck are these guys doing?
    That fuckin' scared me. I had my sound turned up from when it was nearly inaudible and suddenly it's like

(seriously turn your volume down)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    November 2010
    726 Posts
    So, as of this time, the official AGDQ YouTube channel has uploaded 13 runs/clips from the current event, but hasn't uploaded the Ape Escape 2 run (among a few others).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,377 Posts
    Pro tip, look at your levels. If one of them is blowing the fuck out then you should probably lower it.

Also they shouldn't be the same volume oh my god that's not how mixing works.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,167 Posts
    So, as of this time, the official AGDQ YouTube channel has uploaded 13 runs/clips from the current event, but hasn't uploaded the Ape Escape 2 run (among a few others).
    you mean the one with evidence that pvtcb was definitely 100% wearing a MAGA hat?

you don't say
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,532 Posts
    I have a feeling the people behind AGDQ are trying to handle the AV related work as well.

Here's some more of their F- wiring job on the floor:

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,377 Posts
    At least they're using CRTS?

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    8,408 Posts
    with all of this criticism of cable management and things related, is there a cable management simulator? something that could be speed run?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,547 Posts
    with all of this criticism of cable management and things related, is there a cable management simulator? something that could be speed run?
    Factorio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #200
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    4,285 Posts
    I have a feeling the people behind AGDQ are trying to handle the AV related work as well.

Here's some more of their F- wiring job on the floor:

I can't imagine how often people are tripping over that shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)