1. Post #121
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    21,539 Posts
    Is that true, or speculation?

I'd imagine it's kinda hard to set up, since there's only two 2D Mario titles actually being played, which means they probably don't have enough runners who could actually do it this time around.
    That's just a joke, I don't know why they don't have it.

But it's not unreasonable to assume that whatever internal reason they have has a reasonable chance of being petty given all of the drama.

2. Post #122
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,643 Posts
    So far the donation comments have been pretty uneventful. The last AGDQ marathon's were pretty crazy, half of them were like "Greetings from Germany! My whole family and all of my neighbors just died from cancer and I think I'm ne-"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,657 Posts
    They don't have it because allegedly they went way, way over time last year.

But like who gives a fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    19,587 Posts

But like who gives a fuck.
    uhhh everybody?

like you're forgetting the fact that there's a schedule for a reason. why should a runner have to suffer a 1-2 hour delay, especially if it's running into the early morning? why should viewers waiting for a certain game also have to get hit with a delay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

5. Post #125
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,643 Posts
    I remember a couple of the stages gave both teams a lot of trouble, but it was still pretty fun to watch.

6. Post #126
    July 2009
    1,849 Posts
    Damn, only 6 second difference for Shovel Knight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,517 Posts
    That Shovel Knight race was fucking nuts. Really great commentary as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #128
    Dennab
    November 2016
    352 Posts
    everytime gdq is on I'm amazed how amateur the whole thing looks considering the amount of money they are using
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,569 Posts
    Jesus Christ.

Pay me. PAY ME. This is literally my job. Your cabling is horrendous and I see no gaff tape anywhere. You scrubs don't even have a tech skirt to hide that ungodly mess.

I stopped watching after they had the shushing knitting Room Mom that one year. AGDQ (iirc) is actually owned by the cancer foundation they shill for, or something like that. They need a competitor and quick. It's a mess and I can't bring myself to watch it live anymore.

But at least BroTeam is there now to catch all the juicy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 6 (list)

10. Post #130
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,643 Posts
    Sent's mic isn't even on. A+.

Edited:

There it is.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,517 Posts
    Sent's mic isn't even on. A+.

Edited:

There it is.
    I vaguely remember during SGQD, his mic would never be on when he was talking. They usually had it fixed a lot faster though.

It looks like PowerUp Audio aren't doing this event which might explain it. https://mobile.twitter.com/PowerUpAu...79813701627904
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,657 Posts
    What the fuck, the FF1 Any% run is over four hours long

13. Post #133
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    5,113 Posts
    GDQ really loves those god damn boring as shit and long as hell FF runs. There's been at least one of these literally in every event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

14. Post #134
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    22,219 Posts
    it aint a gdq without a boring as absolute shit final fantasy speedrun

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    32,343 Posts
    Reminder the SpeedRun subreddit has a VOD thread, with links and timestamps to the runs if you missed any.

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/co...d_thread_2017/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    May 2010
    21,539 Posts
    Dammit, I look away for two minutes because the setup was taking years and when I come back they've already beaten Cutman.

Edited:

The races are always the funnest to watch.

Edited:

And one runner already has to restart after soft-locking himself. Poor guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    I pulled my testicle out of my ballsack in my dreams
    May 2007
    9,920 Posts
    "all 3 players"

poor endy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    June 2014
    1,587 Posts
    MegaMan race is actually fun to watch honestly.
    Really enjoy the races in general.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #139
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,585 Posts
    I never understood why it takes them so long to set up the next game. How hard is it to just plug in 2 SNES?

20. Post #140
    May 2010
    21,539 Posts
    Is there anything interesting going on in Super Mario Kart? The 2d nature of the game plus what they're showing right now makes it look like it's going to be half an hour of cutting corners and little else.

21. Post #141
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    15,956 Posts
    I never understood why it takes them so long to set up the next game. How hard is it to just plug in 2 SNES?
    Setting up capture equipment.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,569 Posts
    Setting up capture equipment.
    They should have all that ironed out beforehand though. From the console to the stream, they should have everything preset as much as possible.

I don't know who provides the AV services for these, but they could be doing a whole lot better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,657 Posts
    ...Aren't things like Elgato completely plug and play? Like for races I can understand, but solo streams?

24. Post #144
    June 2014
    1,587 Posts
    They should have all that ironed out beforehand though. From the console to the stream, they should have everything preset as much as possible.

I don't know who provides the AV services for these, but they could be doing a whole lot better.
    If it has anything to do with the team that is responsible for the mess that is that wiring, I'm not surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,569 Posts
    What hotel are they at? Most large hotels have some sort of AV team attached to it.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,977 Posts
    Jaguar king banned for complaining about the mgs audio
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,803 Posts
    I miss the fun block segments like Scary Games Done Quick and Awful Games Done Quick. Also for some reason, they no longer list the donation incentives anywhere.

It just seems like they sucked the fun completely out of the whole event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,517 Posts
    Oh boy, at least he didn't get too far in before having to pause the MGS 2 run because of not being able to hear the dialog and gunfire.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,980 Posts
    This is a disaster holy shit.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,517 Posts
    Oh good, they got it sorted out already. Glad they got that figured out fairly quickly.

31. Post #151
    November 2010
    757 Posts
    I miss the fun block segments like Scary Games Done Quick and Awful Games Done Quick. Also for some reason, they no longer list the donation incentives anywhere.

I googled it and found this page for the donation incentives.
    I haven't been watching much, but I thought they were displaying some of the incentives and their progress on the stream? I remember seeing the bid war for file names and armor in shovel knight show up a few times earlier.

32. Post #152
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,695 Posts
    Jaguar king banned for complaining about the mgs audio
    Seriously why ban for that. They should've gotten their shit together way earlier. No wonder their cable management is so shit

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,977 Posts
    Seriously why ban for that. They should've gotten their shit together way earlier. No wonder their cable management is so shit
    I was just having a giggle based on how ban happy the GDQ staff are.

HE JUST CURSED SUPER BANNED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    2,980 Posts
    BANNED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,977 Posts
    Jaguar curses on accident and a GDQ staff member just walks up and pops a cap in his head as retribution
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,745 Posts
    RIP that guy his ass is grass

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    8,604 Posts

wait there isn't aftul games done quick, I wanted to watch that this time?

38. Post #158
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,585 Posts

Think they are doing a weird controller block with dance pads and fishing controllers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #159
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,643 Posts
    I was just having a giggle based on how ban happy the GDQ staff are.

HE JUST CURSED SUPER BANNED
    He'll be purged from existence after his run comes to an end. First they'll make him dispose of benstephens56's dead body.

40. Post #160
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    28,605 Posts
    Is AGDQ ever not a cringy drama fest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)