1. Post #81
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    Man I should go back and play Psychonauts again, haven't done that in a looooong time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #82
    July 2013
    3,326 Posts
    I'm just trying to kinda talk about how they've banned any sort of jokes that could rile anyone up. I mean, saying "Shit" can get you in trouble.
    I think they want to keep it family-friendly to encourage donations

There's 160k viewers right now after all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    June 2014
    1,502 Posts
    Not swearing on a broadcast doesn't sound very unreasonable to me, in fact that's very common.
    Is that really much of a problem?
    It only bothers me in comparison to what the event used to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    808 Posts
    Are the people on the sofa behind the peeps playing close friends with the speedrunner?

That one guy who says he's disappointed in this guy with huge nerves playing psychonauts hurts the inner core of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    22,050 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

6. Post #86
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    15,810 Posts
    It only bothers me in comparison to what the event used to be.
    There were rules against swearing in the very first one too, but I'm guessing the problems are way beyond that by now.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,594 Posts
    I think they want to keep it family-friendly to encourage donations

There's 160k viewers right now after all
    Makes some sense. But at the same time, there are going to be a runs of games like Doom 4 and Hitman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,546 Posts
    Not swearing on a broadcast doesn't sound very unreasonable to me, in fact that's very common.
    Is that really much of a problem?
    What is the point of the rule when you have games like:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,594 Posts
    Are the people on the sofa behind the peeps playing close friends with the speedrunner?

That one guy who says he's disappointed in this guy with huge nerves playing psychonauts hurts the inner core of me.
    Couch commentary is runner's choice. So it's safe to assume that it's friendly banter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    808 Posts
    To attract more sponsors and retain an image that's open to all demographics.

It does ruin some fun, but it makes total sense looking at the growth in public relations GDQ has to manage now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    hello
    October 2011
    6,371 Posts
    tbh if you're watching with kids and you see it's a GTA game then you can just not watch the stream for a bit, viewers with children watching donkey kong can't exactly expect the runner to shout "MAN FUCK THIS SHIT" suddenly during the run. i know there's a lot of people watching with kids so i really think it's fair especially when it's a charity event.

it also maintains a more professional, respectable image for the entire organization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    15,810 Posts
    To discourage inappropriate discussions / insults, whatever. People say stupid things if they're left unfiltered, and that's probably best to be avoided for something as public as this.
    They COULD have different rules for every run, but it's simpler to just have one rule that extends throughout all the runs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    watching donkey kong can't exactly expect the runner to shout "MAN FUCK THIS SHIT" suddenly during the run.
    That would be pretty awesome

"FUCKIN' DONKEY DICK KONG!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,512 Posts
    Couch commentary is runner's choice. So it's safe to assume that it's friendly banter.
    It cracked me up when this guy running Psychonauts asked the couch if they had anything to say about the Brain Tumbler and then immediately them off right after one of them said yes.

This guy is running the game pretty well but it is a bit awkward, especially the guy on the couch that sounds like Michael Cera. I love Psychonauts, though so that makes it still worth watching.

15. Post #95
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    3,827 Posts
    I hate what AGDQ turned into, I was so excited to watch it back when it was first starting but now it just feels corporate and fake. I mean, the runs are real, but the reason it was great just isn't there anymore. It's more about entertaining games then entertaining runs and people now, it seems.
    Also cosmo is gone (for other reasons unrelated.)

At least some runs are still enjoyable, but I don't keep the stream on all the time anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

16. Post #96
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    This is making me want to reinstall Psychonauts...I should do that while I'm watching.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,850 Posts
    just realized i've had psychonauts sitting untouched on my steam list for over three years now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    I've noticed it has been gaining more of a following at this point, but Psychonauts is honestly a criminally underrated game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,371 Posts
    Does the PC version of Psychonauts still have sound problems on some hardware randomly? It causes the game to stutter like crazy

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    808 Posts
    Every time there's a uniting moment with people applauding this runner, one of the people on the couch completely murders the mood with his dry ass commentary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    April 2007
    22,050 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,558 Posts
    where's the hype meter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    April 2007
    22,050 Posts
    where's the hype meter?
    apparently bro team cannot find one

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,594 Posts
    What's the hype meter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    April 2007
    22,050 Posts

bonesaw is running after all

Edited:

What's the hype meter?

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    5,699 Posts
    Apparently the hype monitor was fake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,546 Posts

bonesaw is running after all
    Someone is getting banned after the run.

28. Post #108
    October 2012
    2,780 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 29Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,592 Posts
    Anyone know if their having a Mario Maker race again this year?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    21,296 Posts
    Banned for being too much fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    Someone is getting banned after the run.
    They'll call in their hitman to assassinate him in the bathroom.

32. Post #112
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,592 Posts
    Fucking bullshit, that was the best part of last year

33. Post #113
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    15,528 Posts
    Now that's just plain gross.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,594 Posts
    I can't wait for the DKC trilogy relay. Those are my favorite games to see ran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    8,404 Posts
    at least they have tissues for people crying over the shit cabling job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #116
    June 2014
    1,502 Posts
    Look at those smug ass Amazon boxes.
    They know what's happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #117
    May 2008
    204 Posts

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,371 Posts
    Gotta have the same Super Metroid Run every year though, can't go five minutes without "SAVE THE ANIMALS"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 13Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,683 Posts
    I'm pretty sure this is a murder scene. Did they find out who did it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #120
    November 2010
    724 Posts
    Is that true, or speculation?

I'd imagine it's kinda hard to set up, since there's only two 2D Mario titles actually being played, which means they probably don't have enough runners who could actually do it this time around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)