1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,900 Posts
    it was canadian airlines and when GDQ apologized they said that they didnt even notice the spam.
    im still going to watch it but i wont donate like last year
    Seriously, what the fuck is their obsession with Prevent Cancer? It would be like "Oh we're supporting Breast Cancer Research, thus Susan G Komen foundation will be getting everything."

You picked like the worst out of the possibilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #42
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    1,764 Posts
    I mean it's goofy and all, but this is what I miss from the older GDQ marathons:

It was just a more laid-back environment and people could wear stupid costumes if they wanted to. They did the whole Pepsi Man thing at the last marathon, but I'm sure that required some fairly heavy approval beforehand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,649 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 7Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,702 Posts
    Unless they're so far gone that they really don't give a shit about the charity anymore and just want to run their stupid safespace into the ground they'll fire whoever is deciding to ban runners over stupid shit already.

5. Post #45
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    If they throw a live riot or some shit during the stream this just might be the best AGDQ ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    467 Posts
    Unless they're so far gone that they really don't give a shit about the charity anymore and just want to run their stupid safespace into the ground they'll fire whoever is deciding to ban runners over stupid shit already.
    So you are going to believe him, without a doubt? I skimmed the thread on r/speedrun and he even did a mass shooting joke at last year. Just seems like he wants attention.

7. Post #47
    September 2014
    487 Posts
    Apparently he got banned for being the one who recorded the confrontation at one of the staff members posted last page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,884 Posts
    he even did a mass shooting joke at last year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 48 (list)

9. Post #49
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    Apparently he got banned for being the one who recorded the confrontation at one of the staff members posted last page
    How the fuck do you get banned for recording shit like that.
    That's some shady shit.

Edited:

Please wait until after Shovel Knight to riot.
    That's one of the only runs I want to see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    February 2013
    8,197 Posts
    The words "thicc" "cosmo" and "ANELE" have been banned from Twitch chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,900 Posts
    Because the people who run AGDQ are blithering morons. Every year something happens and it was up to the runners to do a fantastic job holding it together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

12. Post #52
    GDQ can lose their nonprofit status if they're seen as "making a political endorsement", which would remove the tax exemption for the donations. I can't blame them one bit for not taking chances with what the IRS decides counts as a political endorsement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree x 5Informative x 2Funny x 1Friendly x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,206 Posts
    So is this year like the drama special or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    January 2012
    1,261 Posts
    So is this year like the drama special or something?
    every year is the drama special at agdq/sgdq
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #55
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,206 Posts
    every year is the drama special at agdq/sgdq
    I don't remember that being a thing during the one I watched (the very first one)

16. Post #56
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    I still want to know what the fuck is happening in Room 500.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,294 Posts
    I remember when some anon on 8chan donated to the last AGDQ with the name vivan james they read the name and stops/stream stopped and never read the donation notes. her name was in the donation list but got removed later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Qatar Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    July 2016
    3,591 Posts
    I'm assuming nothing since nobody is saying anything about it and it's not present in the stream.

Edited:

I remember when some anon on 8chan donated to the last AGDQ with the name vivan james they read the name and stops/stream stopped and never read the donation notes. her name was in the donation list but got removed later
    I'm confused, why did this happen?

19. Post #59
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    I don't remember that being a thing during the one I watched (the very first one)
    Up until '13, and even '14 really, the event was pretty fun.
    Then the owners started selling out, and there's been drama, safe spaces, and shady stuff going on since.
    It seems to increase tenfold each year too. At some point it's just gonna implode upon itself and collapse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,566 Posts
    Maybe someone's wife is sleeping with a bunch of dudes again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #61
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,206 Posts
    Up until '13, and even '14 really, the event was pretty fun.
    Then the owners started selling out, and there's been drama, safe spaces, and shady stuff going on since.
    It seems to increase tenfold each year too. At some point it's just gonna implode upon itself and collapse.
    What are safe spaces in a context like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,649 Posts
    At least the drama is entertaining, unlike this borderlands run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,294 Posts
    I'm confused, why did this happen?
    gamergate was spooky back then. i remember the donation notes says "AGDQ shows that gamers will do anything to help people #gamergate" or something similar, and i guess they dont want to be associated with the group
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Qatar Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Are you watching the same run I am? I'm enjoying it immensely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,265 Posts
    I dunno I'm enjoying the run (even if the jokes are sometimes pretty iffy), but it's probably because I like the game itself a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    What are safe spaces in a context like this?
    I'm just trying to kinda talk about how they've banned any sort of jokes that could rile anyone up. I mean, saying "Shit" can get you in trouble.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    6,702 Posts
    (because if you do they'll take your money and ban you from the event)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,642 Posts
    It amazes me how much of a party shitter the management can be at AGDQ. It's actively preventing me from enjoying the stream to its fullest because I know that behind the streamers having fun there's some shitheads banning people left and right for minute shit.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,387 Posts
    This drama is some silly shit, but I've never seen a borderlands 2 run before and really enjoyed this one. That was nuts and very entertaining.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,900 Posts
    This run is sooo boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    20,675 Posts
    its cold where i live and i passed out for 20 minutes during the borderlands speedrun because i was under a warm blanket FUCK

at least i see the glitch exhibition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,580 Posts
    the mgs2 segment is at 4 in the morning for me and i've classes tomorrow, goddamn

34. Post #74
    September 2014
    487 Posts

"pulling an extension cord" They can't be serious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    1,764 Posts
    This drama is some silly shit, but I've never seen a borderlands 2 run before and really enjoyed this one. That was nuts and very entertaining.
    Same here, never watched a BL2 run and it really wasn't that bad. Sounds like the route they took has really been optimized quite a lot. I think one of the runners mentioned shaving almost 13 minutes off the WR time over the past year or something.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,758 Posts
    The words "thicc" "cosmo" and "ANELE" have been banned from Twitch chat.
    Their most heinous crime yet. Let's see Allah grant them their 72 virgins now.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,143 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    853 Posts
    Bring back the chill dudeman announcer please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,206 Posts
    I'm just trying to kinda talk about how they've banned any sort of jokes that could rile anyone up. I mean, saying "Shit" can get you in trouble.
    Not swearing on a broadcast doesn't sound very unreasonable to me, in fact that's very common.
    Is that really much of a problem?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)