1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,690 Posts
    Smart phone technology / 10
    Wow nice!!!
    I just love how they had to include this interview. Was hoping she'd say some stupid slogan tho.
    Be me bestie check my bresties
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,649 Posts
    Big john is such a chill ass dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #363
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    The Famicom Disk System boot menu screen music is pretty good.

4. Post #364
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    Commentator just said "Shit".
    He's banned.

5. Post #365
    Cmx
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,649 Posts
    The Famicom Disk System boot menu screen music is pretty good.
    FUNFACT:
    Gamecube menu is the famicom disk system music slowed down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    1,764 Posts
    I have such a love-hate relationship with The Lost Levels. I still remember when my friends and I completed it back in 1995 for the first time and it was such a huge accomplishment for us.

FUNFACT: Gamecube is a really neat piece of hardware.
    I love the little lunchbox so much. My OG indigo will always have a special place in my console collection.

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,286 Posts
    Didn't some other runner do the same thing last year? I remember something else like that happening in a previous GDQ.
    Still pretty funny for those not expecting it, though.
    Yeah, that was in the Bioshock run from SGDQ 2016.

@ 43:40

Edit: Actually, just realized Blood_Thunder ran them both, so there you go.

8. Post #368
    July 2013
    2,181 Posts
    andrew botched it, that's why you don't go for the cheese haha.

9. Post #369
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    Big Jon has become too powerful, he can make even the Twitch chat stop shitposting and spamming for five seconds and support a runner.

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,463 Posts
    I feel bad for Andrew, I dunno why he did it but he basically gave up the race by softlocking himself at the top of the screen at 8-4. Considering the elaborate glitch I guess he was intending to off-screen warp to the other side of the long tunnel but instead ended up on the ceiling.

11. Post #371
    June 2014
    1,642 Posts
    Can we just have Big Jon commentate everything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,983 Posts
    That was a really tense set of races. It was like watching the cocky professional vs the underdog vs the legend past his prime. I was kind of rooting for Kosmic with his unconventional strats, but at the end I was hype for Andrew to win. I would've really liked a 1-1-1 tie, but the end was surprising. At least in my heart, Andrew won that last one.

13. Post #373
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    1,764 Posts
    I can't knock Darbian's performance when it comes to Mario Bros, but I'm glad someone else won a couple of the races. Would have been great to see each of them win a race though, I was really rooting for Andrew.

14. Post #374
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    Bounceyboy managing to win the Sunshine race despite throwing away the better part of a minute and nearly losing his lead.

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,092 Posts
    I always enjoy a good Super Mario Sunshine race. The fact that every runner was under 1:20 is extremely impressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #376
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    1,764 Posts
    I like FF, but I think this will be my background noise until I fall asleep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,900 Posts
    Some dude smelled the chair that the busty girl was sitting on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,081 Posts
    Some dude smelled the chair that the busty girl was sitting on
    My fav speed run so far. Frame Perfect.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 41Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    1,906 Posts
    Just wanted to post it but I think he is actually just picking up something.
    At 6s you can see him looking down to his left foot and his left hand is reaching but he seems to know he cant get it.
    Right before it ends you can also see his left hand go down reaching for the floor, presumably something near his foot. His head is also tilted to the left down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,081 Posts
    Just wanted to post it but I think he is actually just picking up something.
    At 6s you can see him looking down to his left foot and his left hand is reaching but he seems to know he cant get it.
    Right before it ends you can also see his left hand go down reaching for the floor, presumably something near his foot. His head is also tilted to the left down.

Yeah he was picking up the scent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    1,906 Posts
    Yeah he was picking up the scent.
    The video was cut short and lower on purpose.

I also made the mistake of posting the same explanation on twitter.
    Now I have to deal with this nonsense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,185 Posts
    http://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/24201576640-offset-24908-32.mp4
    That MP4 is even worse, it has dabbing by a grown man.

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    1,906 Posts
    With all the stuff that actually happens at every GDQ its kinda sad when somebody tries to make shit up and tries very hard to push it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Sir Michael Cole
    September 2008
    3,238 Posts
    With all the stuff that actually happens at every GDQ its kinda sad when somebody tries to make shit up and tries very hard to push it.
    People are really desperate to find some kind of drama at a GDQ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #385

Sorry :(

I'm in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,763 Posts
    Hope that guy doesn't get into any trouble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #387
    The guy who thinks he's funny
    October 2014
    1,276 Posts
    Hope that guy doesn't get into any trouble.
    inb4 GDQ ban for 1 year for sexual harassment

28. Post #388
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    Gauntlet NES ran five minutes overtime, but it was a pretty good run.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,763 Posts
    This Kabuki Fighter run is pretty good. Runner is very informative and well spoken. Game looks pretty neat too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member

August 2008
    3,516 Posts
    This Kabuki Fighter run is pretty good. Runner is very informative and well spoken. Game looks pretty neat too.
    That was way too short.

31. Post #391
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    That was way too short.
    Welcome to most NES platformers, they're incredibly short as long as you don't die.

You aren't going to like Moon Crystal, that game is like 15 minutes long.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,913 Posts
    Sorry :(

I'm in there.
    I bet you're the one dabbing, you sick freak!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Bulgaria Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #393
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    The Krion Conquest is the knock-offest knock-off of Megaman possible.

The fact that the protagonist is a witch girl in an otherwise clearly sci-fi setting is the weirdest thing.

Edited:

I guess it's not too bad after Quantum Kabuki Fighter.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,463 Posts
    The Krion Conquest is the knock-offest knock-off of Megaman possible.

The fact that the protagonist is a witch girl in an otherwise clearly sci-fi setting is the weirdest thing.

Edited:

I guess it's not too bad after Quantum Kabuki Fighter.
    At least the japanese version had neat cutscenes and eyecatches at the start of the 'rounds'.
    The english version got rid of most of that stuff resulting in literally a shoddy not-Mega Man game with aimable shots and a duck where you play as a witch blowing up robots.

35. Post #395
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    I'm glad Moon Crystal made it in, I've played it myself and it's a cool game with really fluid animation for a Famicom game.

Edited:

Well, if you missed the first seven minutes of the run, good news, they had to reset.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,463 Posts
    and of course killing a random enemy that was in their path randomly locked the game up, forcing a restart 4 levels in from the beginning

37. Post #397
    hello
    October 2011
    6,324 Posts
    why do they refuse to restart the timer if the run gets reset? i dont get it, if you're not gonna reset the timer then just tell him to give up on the run. he's still gonna go over time if you let him do the run and he's still gonna take the same amount of time, except the timer is gonna be inflated by 8 mins?

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    4,671 Posts
    good hotel

also apparently hygiene rule isn't being enforced, so people are getting sick.
    That's an old video which probably isn't his and he's trying to make money of it. What the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    May 2010
    13,630 Posts
    The Addams Family run was cool, as the crux of the run was the fact that you could bypass most of the content in the game and go straight through the final levels, as the game assumes you'll be too underpowered to do it from the start.

But if can sprint through the gauntlet and making it to the boss without taking any damage, you can one-shot the final boss and skip all of his phases.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,238 Posts
    That's an old video which probably isn't his and he's trying to make money of it. What the fuck
    it was real

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)