Okay, what is this?
I'm hosting a Facepunch Pokemon tournament. Bracket elimination. Mostly for fun.
How will this work? What if I don't own a Pokemon game?
The tournament will be utilizing two websites:
• Pokemon Showdown - A free, online Pokemon battle simulator with multiplayer support. Requires no Pokemon game to play.
• Challonge - A free online tournament bracket generator.
What rules are in place?
We'll be playing under the 'OU Pokebank' ruleset, which means:
• All generations (1 - 7) are considered legal and fair game.
• Several Pokemon are banned, that list mostly consisting of overpowered legendaries and megas.
• The rest of the rules mostly consist of smaller things, such as a maximum of one sleep-statused Pokemon per team. They can be read here.
• All participants must have at least fifty posts.
• All participants must have been on Facepunch for at least three months.
When / Where?
• The group will be meeting on Tuesday, January 3rd, at 11:00 PM GMT.
• All attendees wishing to participate should be on our Discord channel.
What advice do you have for contestants?
• Try to perfect your team before the tournament. Use it against strangers, see what works and what doesn't.
• A little known fact: Pokemon attacking with a move that matches their type will get a 1.5x damage increase with that attack. Use this to your advantage.
• The ingame chat commands '/weak' and '/data' can help you analyze your opponent's pokemon, alongside their movesets.
Okay, I've read this far, now what's the prize?
The prize for winning the Facepunch Pokemon tournament is, for the first place winner, is a copy of what I personally consider to be the best game of all time, alongside Don't Starve, which has a 96% positive rating on Steam.
Best of luck, trainers!