1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    14,035 Posts

Metacritic: 86 (PS4)

The game is out on the 29th (today or tomorrow, depending on where you live) for PS4 and Xbone. Anyone playing it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    52 GB. Pretty hefty.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    My copy should be arriving in the next couple of hours. Fucking HYPED

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,961 Posts
    52 GB. Pretty hefty.
    How big is the day one patch? My brother and I are getting it physical.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    How big is the day one patch? My brother and I are getting it physical.
    2 GB. It's 50 or so GB for the digital version.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    Oh man this game finally came out, I worked on it my during my game dev internship, can't be more thankful enough for the opportunity.
    Too bad I don't have a PS4/Pro, I guess I will have to wait until it comes out for.... a more powerful device.

Hope you fellas enjoy the game!

7. Post #7
    September 2008
    18,980 Posts
    Downloading the 9GB day one patch...

Edited:

I guess that delay reason was bullshit

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    Downloading the 9GB day one patch...

Edited:

I guess that delay reason was bullshit
    The 2 months delay is to integrate the original day 1 patch, while simultaneously creating a new day 1 patch.
    If this made sense...

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,961 Posts
    The 2 months delay is to integrate the original day 1 patch, while simultaneously creating a new day 1 patch.
    If this made sense...
    That was the reason given. However, considering leaks, pre-release tidbits and numerous reception of the master demo two months back, it was really just PR reasons because the game was actually very much buggy and unpolished still. It seems the developers basically hyped everyone up about the September release initially and then couldn't even get the game properly fixed up by that point so they delayed it to save face.

Maybe that's just me being cynical about it though.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    That was the reason given. However, considering leaks, pre-release tidbits and numerous reception of the master demo two months back, it was really just PR reasons because the game was actually very much buggy and unpolished still. It seems the developers basically hyped everyone up about the September release initially and then couldn't even get the game properly fixed up by that point so they delayed it to save face.

Maybe that's just me being cynical about it though.
    This is true, isn't this what they said?
    I remember I couldn't even boot up certain chapters few months back.

11. Post #11
    November 2016
    706 Posts
    When the PC Version will release?
    I am very curious to see the performance of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2015
    1,478 Posts
    I don't even think they announced a PC Version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    They have not announced PC version but I'll be frank that they did a bad job hiding it from public eye because it was the best version to play on lol

14. Post #14
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,937 Posts
    When the PC Version will release?
    I am very curious to see the performance of the game.
    they said it would take a year or two if a pc ver is approved

15. Post #15
    November 2016
    706 Posts
    Thank you.
    Having a PS3 I will wait to play P5 then.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,961 Posts
    This game is good....very..good i really dig all of the road trip aspects they added. specially prompto taking pictures of the stuff you did in the day, then you get ti share the photos or save them in your photo album. its awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    I'm loving it.

It's pretty slow paced but honestly I think that's one of the best things about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,961 Posts
    Not only that, they'd basically want to make it the definitive version. Not solely for PC sake but rather because there's a lot of stuff cut from the final product they wanted to include but couldn't due to console limitations, even for the PS4.
    So if they ever do a PC version (which isn't too unlikely given Square's PC trends nowadays, even if they're lazy with their ports), it'd pretty much be a director's cut unless Square forced them to dial it back.

19. Post #19
    June 2013
    2,043 Posts
    That price's a highway robbery.

Will pick up after 1 year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    Here's a small challenge to make the combat way more exciting:
    1. Embargo on ALL weapons and magic except: Greatswords, Shield and Machinery. Royal Arms that behave like any of the three categories (except the giant Shuriken) are acceptable.
    Your buddies can use whatever.

2. You may only carry 5 potions and 2 phoenix downs at any given time. All extras, Elixirs, Hi- and Mega- variants are to be sold to NPC.
    You may still use items that buffs and cure.

Be warned, this isn't easy. I only started doing this after I got bored hundreds of hours playtesting this game.
    You will start abusing all sorts of i-frames and "features" to win just a single fight post-Chapter 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Malaysia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,402 Posts
    That price's a highway robbery.

Will pick up after 1 year
    How is it highway robbery? It costs the same as any new AAA game that's come out in the last 10 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    23,148 Posts
    I got a feeling this game overflows with atmosphere and immersion, that true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    How is it highway robbery? It costs the same as any new AAA game that's come out in the last 10 years.
    Meanwhile almost certainly having much more content than the average AAA game too.

Not sure what there is to complain about in that regard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,707 Posts
    Anything over free is highway robbery!!!

/s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    November 2010
    446 Posts
    My first Final Fantasy game. I've played a couple of hours now and it's charming. And the combat is more fun than I feared it would be after playing that early "demo" if you can even call it that.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,707 Posts
    Picking my copy up in a little bit, cautiously excited personally as it's my first ""real"" final fantasy in actual years.

27. Post #27
    KANEDAAAA
    August 2011
    1,135 Posts
    This may sound stupid, but I'm doing the tutorial and I can't seem to use point warp at all.

I aim the camera at one of the point and press triangle, but Noctis just warps forward instead of to the thing I'm aiming at. There's even a prompt TELLING me to press triangle to warp there but it still doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    This may sound stupid, but I'm doing the tutorial and I can't seem to use point warp at all.

I aim the camera at one of the point and press triangle, but Noctis just warps forward instead of to the thing I'm aiming at. There's even a prompt TELLING me to press triangle to warp there but it still doesn't work.

Hold Triangle I believe.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts

Hold the button instead.
    Any button prompt with two red arrows pointing towards it means "HOLD"
    There are many actions overlap buttons and the only execution difference is holding and tapping

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    I feel like pressing the button would be a lot better than simply holding it down especially when it comes to blocking and parrying

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,272 Posts
    I feel like pressing the button would be a lot better than simply holding it down especially when it comes to blocking and parrying
    Don't have the game so typing this out with memory:
    Triangle for Warp Strike, HOLD for Point Warp. Holding the button will guarantee a point warp instead of accidental "non-locked" warp strike.
    Square for Roll Dodge, HOLD for Evasion / Parry / Shield. More often than not getting out of an attack is better than wasting your mana evading.
    Circle for striking, HOLD to sprint -or- alters your attack if mid-attack. Also used for interacting outside of combat, and to piss off your buddies.
    Edit: Forgot that you can hold circle to Blitz. Please make a habit and not do this.

Jump is jump.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,526 Posts
    Got the steelbox for like 59, which is still pretty expensive, but way better than the regular Day One edition for like 69 in another store. Pumped to play it now.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,961 Posts
    I don't know if it's me but God the atmosphere and travelling around is so chill. When I drive with the car I don't mind the 3 minute travel time I just put a good track on the ost sit back and enjoy the views.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2008
    6,621 Posts
    331 minutes to download :'(

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    What does one do with the paint shards? Obviously it's to make pain but from what I can gather.. I haven't seen a npc that can make it nor a option to do anything with it

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,526 Posts
    What does one do with the paint shards? Obviously it's to make pain but from what I can gather.. I haven't seen a npc that can make it nor a option to do anything with it
    Haven't played the game yet, but I guess you can paint your car?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    Haven't played the game yet, but I guess you can paint your car?
    Yeah. You get shards that can be used to make paint or something.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    Cindy does the customisation of the Regalia, the different paint shards are needed for the different colours.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,858 Posts
    Cindy does the customisation of the Regalia, the different paint shards are needed for the different colours.
    Haven't gotten the option to even use them. Haven't seen a option either.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,139 Posts
    Haven't gotten the option to even use them. Haven't seen a option either.
    You're probably too early in the game then.