1. Post #1
    January 2012
    589 Posts
    Earth. Year: Unknown. The land is dying. The seas are drying up. Native fauna has all but vanished. Humanity is under the iron fisted rule of an intergalactic empire known as the Universal Union, or as they're more commonly known amongst humanity, the Combine. Earth's forces were defeated in 7 hours by the invaders, and the planet was immediately subjugated. Populations were moved into giant urban detainment centers, built into the husks of once great metropolises. Our story takes place in City 17, the largest urban center and seat of the Combine's power on Earth, one year prior to the arrival of the man who would deliver humanity from the darkness. The populace lives in fear of the Combine, as any disobedience or defiance is quickly and brutally quelled. The people are fed just enough to keep them alive; malnutrition is rife throughout the cities. Some of humanity has chosen to sell their souls to this new devil, and have thrown in with the Combine, whether out of personal motivation or genuine sympathy with their goals. Others have chosen to stand their ground and resist the Combine, holding onto the hope that someday events may swing in their favor. Though their cause is noble, it seems fruitless. The resistance finds themselves hounded by a military force far superior to theirs, with untold decades, perhaps even centuries, of warfare experience. Those who choose to fight must remain in the shadows, striking only when the time is opportune, lest they be crushed swiftly. The Combine enjoys absolute military dominance of the planet, with no real credible threats to their power having arisen yet. Then, in the middle of this all, is you. Will you choose to give yourself to the new world order, or will you choose to rise up and remain defiant in the face of overwhelming odds? The choice is yours. This is....

(Banner made by me and Redcoat893)

Welcome to the Rebels VS Combine RP thread!

This is a rebirth of Volf's previous Rebel's vs combine Roleplay thread.

Do you want to create amazing HL2 scenes to show to the world? Do you want to control your very own Combine unit? Are you looking to further progress your Gmod/SFM skills? Join this thread!

This thread is heavily influenced by Espionage wars, I suggest you take a look at them as well!

Please read this Post thoroughly if you want to join.

Current Factions:
    Factions Controlled by players.

Combine:
    241st Regiment - dvaderv2
    405th Legion - justinl132
    1st Lightning Division - Docta Ubafest
    1st Lightning Seeker Units - Docta Ubafest
    8th Conscript Armoured Division - Scorpo
    81st Brigade - Captain Vance
    Augmentation Force Seven - :omega:
    Division Unit 206 - georgeebizzle
    External stabilization team Striker-2 - Autonomous1
    Sword Task Force - Key210594
    Vice Brigade - Afran
    Washington Rifles - Captain Vance
    Civil Protection:
    12th Armored Regiment - Chosen_Undead
    ALIT; Inspectors - Autismopiggo
    Independent:
    Blood Liberation - TheLolVlog
    Disruptors - Crooky14
    Eastern minutemen - FBI SWAT GUY
    Siren 40 - dee pixel
    The Family - Autonomous1
    The Loners - ussr68
    Lone Star Settlements - Autismopiggo
    Louisiana Reclamation Authority - FBI SWAT GUY
    Vyshny's Revolutionary People Party - georgeebizzle
    Waltons' Wanderers - ScienceGuy44
    Zvezda Brigada - Viper123_SWE
    Resistance:
    Jenny's Heroes - Key210594
    Lambda 17-14 - Creatrick
    Podokovsky Liberation Fighters - EdwardDewey89
    The Railroad - Mattchewy
    The Woodsmen - Volf

Regional Admins:

Viper123_SWE - Sector 8 (Japan)

Justinl132 - Sector 17 (European)

AutismoPiggo - Sector 1 (United States/Canada)

Rules:

General Rules:

1. Maintain the Theme - Because this is a Half Life 2 RP thread, if you join the combine, try to keep the feeling that its combine/ resistance.

2. One faction per player - you are only allowed one faction for now, This rule may change. You are allowed one Primary Faction and one secondary faction.

3. No Mary Sues- Your faction can have Elites or veterens in their ranks, but do not make them overpowered death machines.

4. Be nice to each other.

5. Don't bitch and whine - If your faction took a massive blow, deal with it. Lick your wounds and build it back up again.

6. You cannot completely annihilate a faction without consent.

7. No WMDs unless permmited.

8. Beta content allowed.

9. If you have a question, Always PM me before posting.

10. Custom content allowed as long as it's lore friendly

11. Take your time- Your faction won't be blown to bits overnight, this is a casual thread.

Combine Rules:

1. No synth only Factions- Try to keep it nice, no faction comprised of only Striders or gunships.

1a. You may keep synths in your faction, not too many*

2. If you are Civil Protection, you only get APCs and Dropships as your vehicles*

Resistance Rules:

1. Do not immediately start Overpowered- Everything in your faction is mostly earned, I will have random events where you can acquire a ship or a large cache of vehicles. But do not Immediately start with a immense amount of stuff like 500 tanks or a battleship.

2. Your stuff will almost always start off shitty- You guys have to nicking all your stuff from the combine. You can start off with one or two tanks, but nothing above that.

3. Don't have main timeline characters- No one gets any of the main characters from half life. You cannot have Gordon Freeman or Dr. Breen as your faction leader. (it would be strange to see 20 Factions led by Gordon Freeman.)

4. Faction Settlements have a starting population of 100 members.
    Playable Units/Factions

Resistance
    -Resistance Fighters: Do battle against the Combine and undermine them however they can. Though they may be referred to as rebels, this is actually just a blanket term for any armed insurgents taking on the Combine. The resistance fighters are part of a well-organized group, with uniforms and a chain of command structured like any Earth military would have been.

-Vortigaunts: An alien race that came to Earth during the Black Mesa Incident, they have thrown in with humanity with the common goal of liberating Earth from Combine subjugation.

Combine

-Overwatch: Soulless killing machines made to hunt humans and nothing else. They are controlled by the iron grip of the Combine, however they do still possess a measure of independent thought. They are capable of highly coordinated tacitcal maneuvering, and their self-preservation instincts are still intact. If an Overwatch soldier senses that an objective is suicidal, they are capable of retreating or tackling their orders a different way. Due to their suppression of free will, Overwatch units cannot go rogue.

-Conscripts: Ex-military or citizens drawn from the local populace. Conscripts are forced to fight for the Combine against their will, and as such many harbor a great disdain for their oppressors. To counter any instances of insubordination or desertion, the Combine will often insert their own agents into units of Conscripts. These officers are usually Civil Protection members who received the posting as punishment for failing in their duties, so many of them are prone to taking out their aggression on the conscripts.

-Civil Protection: A volunteer police force used by the Combine to ensure their dominance over the populace is total. They are incentivised to brutalize their fellow man with increased privilages and a higher standard of living. Not all CPs are soulless monsters though, as many people simply joined up because they thought they could do good for the common people but became jaded after witnessing the horrifying things man is capable of doing to itself.

Independents

Independent groups or characters will be those who don't belong to either the resistance or the Combine, and are just trying to get by on their own. However, if you choose to play as an independent, you may go over to either side at any time, but once you're there you must stay there.

-Citizens: Citizens are simply the people who want to get on with their daily lives. Some of them are resistance sympathizers, other are Combine loyalists, and others just want to be left alone. Citizen players may go over to the Combine or resistance at any time they please, reflected by them joining Civil Protection, being conscripted, or simply finding some resistance members and joining their cause.

-Rebels: Armed insurgents who don't belong to the resistance. They may have their own agenda that runs contrary to that of the resistance, or they may simply be trying to look out for themselves and get by. They can be either neutral, or even hostile to the resistance, but the Combine considers them all the same and will take them out without a second thought.

-Deserters: It is not uncommon for a unit of conscripts to frag their commanding officer and make a break for it. Whether they decide to join the resistance or not is up to them. Many may not sympathize with the resistance either, and will simply try to make it on their own. They are essentially the same as any other rebel, only better trained and organized. The same is also applies to resistance units, who find fighting the Combine as a lost cause and just want to survive.

Playable areas:
    Yes, this thread also has areas that are playable, however, I will have exceptions, all you have to do is ask.

Current playable areas are:

United States

Eastern Europe

Faction Template
    Please use this Template when you create your faction.

1. Faction Name.

2. Faction Alignment

3. Some images of your faction members doing stuff.

4. History of your faction.

5. (Optional) Area of operation.

6. Link to your faction wiki page.

Please make a Wiki page for your faction, the link is Right Here

Random Events:

Now, just to mix things up, I will have Random events happen. For both sides, these events can be crucial as they are essentially loot drops. They will typically be something like a portal storm or a merchant finding a bunker full of Vehicles. These Events will happen every two weeks or so. For resistance factions, these are you chances to get better gear.

Rules are subject to change. I will keep updating this post to add new factions.

Choose a Side. Join the War. Have fun!

We also have a Discord!

You can join Here!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    Yes! Brilliant, can't wait to make my faction.

In the last thread i saw people a few times complaining about the amount of certain factions, like "wow we have too many combine factions", would anyone like me to go a certain faction?

I've got a few ideas for every faction so i wouldn't mind.

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    589 Posts
    Entirely up to you bro. You pick whatever Faction you desire.

4. Post #4
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    kk

5. Post #5
    February 2016
    265 Posts
    Justin my guy

Edited:

Will have content up today

Edited:

Btw if siren 40 isn't associated with Lambda then you should probably put it as independent rather than resistance otherwise it gets confusing, unless it is associated with the main Lambda resistance like the Railroad for example

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    589 Posts
    I'll keep you as independent I see how you interact with the mainline resistance

7. Post #7
    October 2016
    30 Posts

A violent uprising led by a rogue Civil Protection officer takes place within an industrial sector overseen by the SO25. Rumor has it that this uprising was orchestrated by Siren 40 provocateurs in order to further cripple the SO25.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

8. Post #8
    February 2007
    1,480 Posts
    I always enjoy your style dee pixel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2014
    436 Posts
    Can't make anything right now because my pc is broken sorry

10. Post #10
    January 2012
    589 Posts

With the SO-25 still recovering from the explosion. Nearby 405th Legionaries are dispatched to quell the uprising. (A 405th APC convoy smashing through a Barricade)
    I gotchu bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2014
    774 Posts
    Hoping to get back into this soon once I get my G-mod working better.

12. Post #12
    February 2016
    265 Posts

The Disruptors begin to harass 405th and SO25 supply routes on the outskirts of City 17
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    (Sorry for not posting yet, works hetic)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2016
    265 Posts
    Can anyone link me to some good lighting tutorials?

15. Post #15
    October 2016
    30 Posts
    Can anyone link me to some good lighting tutorials?
    here's vioxtar's guide:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

16. Post #16
    February 2016
    265 Posts
    Cheers bro

17. Post #17
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2012
    589 Posts

405th Legionaries captured 5 Railroad members attempting to salvage combine Tech from the abandoned So-25 station.. One of the Rebels cracked immediately giving locations in return for joining the 405th. He will be taken to "Hell's Fridge" to undergo 405th's Basic Training. The rest of the members were executed on the spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2014
    774 Posts

A surprise attack from the 405th takes out a group of railroad members near their safehouse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2016
    265 Posts
    Internet is down at my house, posting this using 4G on my phone so won't be posting for a week or so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    Faction post will hopefully be tonight

22. Post #22
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    1. Anticitizen Location Inspection Team

2. Combine

After the 7 hour war and the following destruction of earth along with a lot of its population, the Combine were left with very large cities and not many people (compared to the citys past population).
    This means you have every Rick and Harry and Gordon running around hiding in all sorts of nooks and crannies.
    Apartments, sewers, canals, bombed/burned buildings, walls, pipes.

You name a building in a city and you bet somewhere in there theres a place for a homeless citizen or unlucky Rebel to sleep.
    Or perhaps a Rebel encampment, gang hideout or Railroad refugee link?

The cities and canals of Europe offer to the enemies of the combine a familiar concrete maze full of hiding spots. Obviously, the Combine can't have enemies of our Benefactors just lounging around waiting to strike.

Thats where the Inspection Teams come in.
    Armed with demolition explosives, tools like crowbars, sledgehammers and drills, shotguns, flamethrowers and all sorts of electronic equipment the Inspectors job is to wander around the city, looking in every space they can find to root people out.
    They don't have set patrol areas not set working hours, they are free to explore the city to their hearts content in order to flush out and destroy areas where people can hide.

Shotguns are very popular weapons with the Inspection Teams, SMGs equally. Both allow high rates of fire and power in an enclosed space.

Inspector covers his ears as explosives detonate during a clear out of a (hopefully) abandonded Railroad base
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    (Posting again tonight, how many factions are we allowed to make? Of course i'll keep it to a sensible amount if unlimited. Post tonight won't be new faction, i want to flesh out the Inspection teams a bit more)

24. Post #24

August 2016
    97 Posts
    I wish to join the game, like Piggo asked before me -- how many factions are allowed per player?

25. Post #25
    May 2016
    45 Posts
    I wish to join the game, like Piggo asked before me -- how many factions are allowed per player?
    The rule's said 1 faction per player.

26. Post #26

August 2016
    97 Posts
    The rule's said 1 faction per player.
    " One faction per player - you are only allowed one faction for now, This rule may change. "

Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, just saying, the rules may change in the near future.

27. Post #27
    May 2016
    45 Posts
    " One faction per player - you are only allowed one faction for now, This rule may change. "

Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, just saying, the rules may change in the near future.
    Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that.

28. Post #28
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    Ah, my bad, shoulda re-read the rules

29. Post #29
    February 2015
    350 Posts
    In the old thread, you could have one faction in Europe and one in US.

30. Post #30
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    Yeah, thats what i was thinking of.

31. Post #31
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    Just some more info

The Inspection Teams also have other tasks to perform whilst out and about. They are often seen closing and opening various routes around the city for the Combine to use to their advantage. Pictured is an Officer breaking a gate to stop Rebels travelling down the canals.

Naturally, like most Metro Cops, they aren't the nicest of people, especially when they find a nice spot to have a break and someone won't leave.

The use of explosives can have un-needed casualties. Thankfully, the Inspection Teams often use explosives carefully for at least a few of them are human at heart. Some of them however are less worried.
    Edited:

Apologies for my pictures being big, i can't figure out how to use thumbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,231 Posts
    Apologies for my pictures being big, i can't figure out how to use thumbing.
    Just add _thumb when embedding your pics, i.e. [img_thumb]

In the old thread, you could have one faction in Europe and one in US.
    Considering that these two are still playable areas, I wonder if the 'one faction' rule is an implicit 'one faction per playable area' rule or a pure 'one faction' rule. Though then again I was wondering where my US faction had gone...

Also, content:
    One of the 241st's new recruit intakes undertakes CQB/FISH training, including door and wall breaching, entry tactics, hostage rescue, prisoner handling, and training with the M84 stun grenade. While this is a routine element of Conscript training, rumours abound of the 241st being slated for a urban warfare deployment.

Fun fact 1 - using the poster command can occasionally read to interesting hijinks such as this:

Fun fact 2 - The blue guns were an intended feature, as was the use of the Black Ops mannequins. The use of the pink paint splatter decal to represent simulated blood splatter... not so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2016
    615 Posts

Edited:

Ahhh thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    February 2015
    350 Posts
    Considering that these two are still playable areas, I wonder if the 'one faction' rule is an implicit 'one faction per playable area' rule or a pure 'one faction' rule. Though then again I was wondering where my US faction had gone...
    Probably both. As far as I remember, Mattchewy's Railroad faction was was present both in Europe and US. Someone also had two different factions in both continents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    July 2016
    615 Posts

Combat is often known to be quite a breeze, resulting in Inspectors developing varied means of takedowns

Kicking people out of house and hovel can be quite heated.

Desertion rates completely depend on who is stationed with who.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2012
    589 Posts
    Random Loot Drop!

Local Resistance and combine units have heard reports of a fully intact Mig-17 sitting in a hangar. The Hangar is also stated to have enough supplies to keep a small army running for at least 3 months. 2 M60s and 4 Ak-47s as well as about 2,000 rounds of 7.62
    This is the first random loot drop, I'll have these loot drops happen every so often so you guys have something to fight over.

Edited:

I changed the rule so you can have one primary and one secondary faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    February 2015
    350 Posts
    Where specifically is this loot drop located? White Forest area? Somewhere near the coast?

38. Post #38
    January 2012
    589 Posts
    Sorry, forgot to mention its in the Crimea Region anyone who wants it should start running/driving. The loot drops require your units to find it so all I can say is the general region its hidden in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2016
    615 Posts
    The Inspectors are bound to run into someone's base at some point, i'll stay out of this one since the I.Ts wouldn't go that far out and its not their job.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,376 Posts
    Whoever is in charge of the wiki should start restricting what we can do and can't do. First page says "This page has been visited by TrashFlarsh" and below are two porn images (.gifs).

Edited:

Also the page for Lambda 17-14 was also edited.

Edited:

Faction Name: Zvezda Brigada

Faction Alignment: Independent

History:
    The Svezda Brigada, also known as 'Star Brigade' in English, is a independent armed resistance group based in the city of Valday.
    ZB are famous for controlling one of the last few arms & munition facilities in all of Europe.

They are aggressive towards both the Combine and the Resistance.

Currently they are cautiously expanding throughout north-western Russia while pursuing new resources they can use for their growing warmachine.

Area of operation: Eastern Europe

Wiki Page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)