1. Post #481
    August 2015
    104 Posts
    Might as well make a STALKER Screenshot RP to be honest if you want to RP it.

Edited:

No offense, nice lighting in those screens.
    That would be a good idea, however making a whole RP takes a lot of time and may not always be successful. I will implement more HL aspects further along. And thanks mate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

2. Post #482

May 2016
    29 Posts

Able company unit arrived ukraine to secure the armored vehicles, command has talked about andSSGT Kerrys squad has been recalled back to HQ.

After arriving the gas station the unit, started spreading out while the other soldiers were clearing a path for the tanks to move and carrying the boxes to the the Van
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    January 2012
    993 Posts
    Hell's Fridge

Lt. Darius: Brigader General, the 8th Armored regiment found the helicopter, apparently Sandra is the sole survivor.
    Gen. George: Thats good news, we'll send someone to release her back to our custody.
    Lt. Darius: It's not so simple, they are keeping her in their custody and are requesting joint exercises between out regiments.
    Cmdr. Ellis: I say we take them up on the offer, show those meatheads that we're serious business. Up to you General.
    Gen. George: Hmm...Tell them we'll take them up on the request, Ellis, get 1st and 2nd battalion ready for joint exercises.
    Cmdr. Ellis: Yes sir!
    Gen. George: Darius, have everyone in the Habitation zone lock up, tell them to hide the children.
    Lt. Darius: Right Away!
    Both Darius and Ellis leave to prepare for their "guests"
    Your move Scorpio

This is just a quickie for something bigger I'm working on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #484
    August 2015
    626 Posts
    btw it's the eighth armored division guys

anyways good post my dude, will post response soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Barbados Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #485
    February 2014
    398 Posts
    Looking to join in on the fun, but don't know what faction I should align my group with; what would you lot recommend I do; Combine or Rebel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #486
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    Haven't been active for ages and might not be any time soon for anyone who wants to interact with the Disruptors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #487

August 2016
    91 Posts
    Looking to join in on the fun, but don't know what faction I should align my group with; what would you lot recommend I do; Combine or Rebel?
    Right now both sides could use new members, the combine have plenty of conscript/metrocop forces so a transhuman would be recommended (of course that's your decision, you can still be a conscript/metrocop faction if you desire.)

On the rebel side there aren't many lambda factions, there's a total of 3 right now, there are plenty independent factions though.

Edited:

Haven't been active for ages and might not be any time soon for anyone who wants to interact with the Disruptors
    That's too bad Crooky, I hope you get some free time soon, it's always refreshing to see the disruptors do some mischievous vandalism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    July 2016
    258 Posts
    Ah fucking yes, its good to have you on board! Your work was v good on EW.
    I'd reccomend ethier Lmbada Resistance, a criminal faction or a Combine transhuman faction.

Also

FOR THE LOVE OF HAM LETS HAVE SOME MORE US FACTIONS PEOPLE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    February 2014
    398 Posts
    I figure I'll go for a civilian faction - bunch of travelling nomads, trundling through the wastes in small convoys or holed up in hamlets and what-not. Figure it'll be four major, named characters and a modest sized bunch of other people. Probably be a mostly anti-Combine faction, but I've no specific intent at this point.

This ought to be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #490
    August 2015
    626 Posts
    let's wait for the eventual next mega-climax and then we could probably start doing US factions my dude

11. Post #491
    July 2016
    258 Posts
    I've started now to get a headstart, i still need to make more posts about the LSS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    That's too bad Crooky, I hope you get some free time soon, it's always refreshing to see the disruptors do some mischievous vandalism.
    I will try friend, I'll make sure they come back with a bang
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    February 2014
    398 Posts

Walton's Wanderers are a group of nomadic wanderers travelling through the general wastes of the post-seven-hour-war world. The group, named after its leader, a former Combine Conscript Captain by the name of Frank Walton, whilst only small, has a tenacity quite uncommon with most considered strong or insane enough to survive in the wasteland. In terms of goals, the main ideology of most in the group points towards one singular goal; the end of Combine rule over Earth and the general liberation of all those areas under Combine rule; however, this rather grandiose goal is out of reach for this rather small and minute group, so the group tends to focus on trafficking people, supplies and deserters out of zones of Combine influence in convoy or singular vehicles in the hopes of disrupting Combine operations.

Due to the lack of military training, the group relies on a variety of pre-war civilian vehicles to travel through the wastes; whilst lacking many fighters in it's ranks, the group does have a few who's skills can be considered invaluable; Walton being one. These few well-trained people can often be linked back to pre-war military organisations from across the world, brought into service by the Combine as Conscripts, Civil Protection or even regular workers and smuggled out by the group; these few people tend to be armed with aging weaponry commonly seen in the hands of the post-Soviet republics of Eastern Europe.

Whilst a largely nomadic and on-the-move group, focused on fast escapes and mobile smuggling operations, the group runs numerous safehouses across the wastes, providing servicing to the group's modest fleet of vehicles and supplies to refugees, run-aways and even other, various anti-Combine factions, though the latter-most are usually treated with an air of mistrust and often contempt. For the most-part, these safehouses are spread thinly across the wastes, sometimes on the very fringes of Combine territory; most tend to lie on the drained coasts. largely safe from Combine incursion and investigation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #494
    August 2015
    626 Posts

-Captain Diehl, leader of 1st Phalanax Regiment.
    Despite the wants of many of the Officers in the 8th Division, several companies are shipped towards the 405th. Adorned in winter clothing, the division prepares for its cold-weather training. The only true reason they requested the training, and not keeping Sandra as a card up their sleeve, was because of Captain Diehl. He, and a few others, realized how useless it was to have her. It was either put a bullet in her head, and warrant being made into a Penal Battalion, or send her back.

Meanwhilst, in the mechanic shops, the engineers place their final repairs on any tank with major damages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    September 2015
    212 Posts
    While we were on our way to a small village, Maxim came up to me and told me something was out there. Not an animal, nor a man. We, the Family, had no idea that these parts of the woods were still being searched through by Combine scouting parties and fell victim to one of our stalkers. It was early in the afternoon when Cormac, Elizabeth and I left the rest of the Family to check on the other side of town - one of our worst decisions so far.
    Lonnie Wallace, IND#TF1985

"Maxim, get the hell back son," I scream at the top of my lungs. We finally met our stalker, and I didn't realize this thing was heavily armored until I shot it four times. So, Cormac had a different idea. "I got this fucker, stay back," he yells back. Words cannot express how angry I am right now. From the moment the Family came to life, we all promised to never act like a hero. The entire road up ahead is covered in Combine landmines. Until this moment the Family didn't know that these landmines have IFF tags. Cormac yells at the abomination that jumps off of the roof, onto a car right in front of us. It growls at him, then lets out a loud screeching sound.

When Cormac gets almost near the Combine landmine, the thing unfolds two blue claws from underneath it's body and unloads a dozen of fork-like projectiles. Each shot sounds unnatural. Three projectiles hit Cormac, he yells in pain. Cormac is one of the youngest family members, the kid had a future. While he falls down, the projectiles emit a loud, high pitched sound and explode when the sound almost hurts my ears. "FUCK," I scream. His torso blows up, there's nothing left of him.
    "Hey, you fucker," I yell. When everything happened, I noticed that one landmine was ripped open at the side facing me, exposing an explosive charge. "Elizabeth, stay here," I tell her as I step on the middle of the road. "Come on you fuck!" The thing makes a loud growl and comes sprinting towards me. At the right moment, I aim my handgun and pull the trigger. BOOM. The landmine explodes right under the abomination. Nothing is left of it anymore. Two limbs are ripped off of his body during the explosion, and a dark brown substance sputters in the air, probably it's blood. For a moment, I stare forward. We lost someone. Someone who probably had a bright future coming towards him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

16. Post #496
    August 2015
    104 Posts

The Loners' Military Complex, Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
    After, several discussions with the head group leaders, the group has come to realize they cannot stay within the zone forever. With growing sightings of Conscript patrols on the edges of the zone, usually surveying the zone from the borders. Some leaders realize the threat they face if Combine loyalists are expanding into the zone - whether it is search and kill missions or perhaps trying to find the old military complexes that scatter the zone. It is a danger that cannot be ignored. So a small group of highly trained Loners will leave the main underground base and move their way closer to the White Forest area.

The group left in a Ural truck filled with supplies and a few weapons, along with all their belongings. As the objective is to establish a small hidden outpost somewhere in the City 17 greater area - from there the group will survey the area and Combine forces, try and establish communications with other Resistances groups. Also scavenge the area for any valuables they can find. However, those who remain are now facing the threat of the loyalists, which now means the group will have to set up more look outs throughout the zone and prepare for the coming confrontation ahead.

A Loner stays hidden, while a patrol of Combine Gunships scout overhead.

The Experienced Loners are loading onto the Ural before heading west towards The White Forest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

17. Post #497
    November 2014
    697 Posts

A Railroad sniper, along with his spotter set up near a safehouse location.

One of the bigger safehouses, Libertalia is a gigantic shipping facility meant to feel like a fortress. While the generators are old and require many parts to function, the building can still function without them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    Dude your storytelling skills are amazing. Really puts me in their places. It would be better if you could maybe provide more shots for every part of the action
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

19. Post #499
    February 2014
    398 Posts

As Walton's Wanderers continue with smuggling operations across the wastes, these operations become less-and-less focused on typical smuggling - shipping contraband and other items essential to those residing in the wastes and opposed to Combine rule - and more on the smuggling of people out of Combine controlled areas and Combine zones of influence. Typically, the smugglers themselves can be found riding into cities in fairly inconspicuous transportation to avoid the worst of Combine inspection; petty bribes for the more enterprising of Civil Protection and Conscript forces are usually on hand to ensure safe conduct out of Combine holdings.

More and more, the smuggling of those able to find a way out of the urban centers where Combine rule is most crushingly authoritarian becomes increasingly difficult; the few who can get out safely are often driven to the remotest parts of the wastes to fend for themselves or side themselves with one of the many factions spread across the vast swathes of rural Eastern Europe. Typically, most who escape are those who had ingratiated themselves with their Combine masters to the point that their loyalty was taken as a given - these citizens often escape, with families or work colleagues, with knowledge, albeit mostly rudimentary, of the inner-workings of Combine bureaucracy or research; information which may prove valuable in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

20. Post #500
    July 2016
    258 Posts
    I've made a Discord!
    PM me for link!

Edited:

This is mainly because FP PMing is quite slow and Discord saves messages, while Steam doesn't.

21. Post #501
    July 2016
    258 Posts
    MEANWHILE IN THE UNITED STATES

An LSS scouting team runs to hide from a passing combine chopper. All efforts are made to hide from the Choppers, to make sure any activity is hidden.

Yet another small settlement in the wastelands of America. Many are like this, guarded by no more than themselves and the occasional deployment of LSS troops if protection is needed. Their defences consist of stealth, leaving the Combine to themselves and these barricades.

American pride however remains completly unharmed, as the LSS makes clear. The more positive members of the LSS make sure to display signs to warn others when they approach these hidden homes, their sworn alliegence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #502
    January 2012
    993 Posts
    -snip-

23. Post #503
    January 2012
    993 Posts
    Right. After some behind the scenes conversation, We've decided to kick Dune3z.

Dune3z.
    So far you have done nothing but shitpost, harass new players on the thread, and the content you post dosen't make much sense. And thats on this thread.

On the discord you:
    -Mocked players
    -Called it "the most autistic chat ever"
    -played smartass
    -Provided terrible criticism

I tried to be nice, I gave you a chance to be nice to others and you blew it. Your faction no longer exists, and if you try to post here, you will get banned. Don't test it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    September 2015
    212 Posts
    Dude your storytelling skills are amazing. Really puts me in their places. It would be better if you could maybe provide more shots for every part of the action
    Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll have more shots in my next post

25. Post #505
    February 2014
    398 Posts

LAURA: Ah, busy, are you?
    HEWITT: As a matter of fact, Laura, yes, I am - the study of Xenian life is rather more fascinating than what you call 'medical' science. I'm rather busy cracking on with the study into the different physiology and biology of Xenian lifeforms, preferably sentient; which begs the question, why are you in my laboratory when I am clearly busy?
    LAURA: I need to borrow some gauze, one of the blokes got a nasty scrape gathering barbed wire - of course, that's if you can spare the stuff.
    HEWITT: There, in the corner, now hurry up and get out, I'm rather busy.
    LAURA: Oh, of course you are - playing with aliens is hard work.
    HEWITT: Facetiousness will get you nowhere, Laura!
    LAURA: Of course, Philip, of course, you get back to feeling him up then.
    HEWITT: Typical layman - you think scientific research consists of poking around with a chemistry set! There is more to the advancement of scientific knowledge than simply reading a book or playing with test tubes!
    LAURA: Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, mate...

Whilst largely focused on hands-on smuggling and evacuation operations, Walton's Wanderers also has an eye on scientific research into the numerous alien lifeforms, pushed on by the likes of Philip Hewitt, that roam the wastes; from the humble Headcrab to the rather more docile Vortigaunts and Alien Grunts; research into Antlion population growth has also been something of a pet project for Hewitt, with his main laboratories nestled into the heartlands of former Ukraine, where he now busies himself with his own, obsessive research into the many alien lifeforms on Earth - keen to make up for lost time since the end of the Seven-Hour War.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

26. Post #506
    September 2015
    212 Posts
    Interesting, I'm curious about their research. Whenever I used to play on Half-Life 2 RP or make guides for it, I was always busy "studying" "xenomorphology."
    Are they planning to use that information in their advantage?

27. Post #507

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I hope so! more factions should use xenians in their faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #508
    September 2015
    212 Posts
    I hope so! more factions should use xenians in their faction.
    Seeing bullsquids would be new, nobody ever mentions them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #509
    February 2014
    398 Posts
    The research they're engaged in is mostly the pet project of Hewitt; he wants to make up for lost time since his untimely 'retirement' from Aperture Science and, in a rather jealous and arrogant way, thinks he can best the research of Black Mesa from before the war with what he has available to him now. Probably will have Xenian lifeforms, maybe even some Race X creatures if I can find the models, but there'll more than likely be a limit to that sort of thing - might be a bit OP to have a faction loaded with Xen aliens, with their general superior strength and superior 'firepower', if it can be called that. I'll probably make that Alien Grunt fella a named character, akin to Uriah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #510

August 2016
    91 Posts
    Seeing bullsquids would be new, nobody ever mentions them.
    I did mention them, I think they would mostly be wild predators considering their HL2 beta model looks more reptile than mammal.

Edited:

The research they're engaged in is mostly the pet project of Hewitt; he wants to make up for lost time since his untimely 'retirement' from Aperture Science and, in a rather jealous and arrogant way, thinks he can best the research of Black Mesa from before the war with what he has available to him now. Probably will have Xenian lifeforms, maybe even some Race X creatures if I can find the models, but there'll more than likely be a limit to that sort of thing - might be a bit OP to have a faction loaded with Xen aliens, with their general superior strength and superior 'firepower', if it can be called that. I'll probably make that Alien Grunt fella a named character, akin to Uriah.
    Race X aliens are considered gone, since their "leader" was killed by Cpl. Shepherd, there are already a few alien grunt characters, most are going to appear soon but my faction already has one called Domovoi, alien grunts should be rare creatures considering they are very strong beings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    October 2016
    30 Posts

Siren 40 has gone dormant in recent months, shying away from open combat and instead focusing their efforts on establishing smuggling routes.

However, many members have ignored this new development and instead have taken to torturing and murdering Union officials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

32. Post #512
    February 2014
    398 Posts

With the battle of Voroschi in the rear-view mirror of current events, the influx of refugees and those seeking to smuggle themselves out of Combine territory into the lawless, albeit 'safer', regions in the wastes; here, the Wanderers find their highly mobile, innocuous fleet of civilian vehicles coming into its own. A combination of false identity papers and documentation, silver-tongued charisma and bribes of everything from whiskey to cigarette packets come in handy removing the ever-present threat from the Conscripts.

These vehicles, scattered across various hamlets and hold-outs in the wastes, however, become increasingly difficult to repair and prepare for these visits as those with the skills to repair them and the ability to teach others to do so become increasingly scarce; the parts, however common they are in the post-war wastes of Eastern Europe, are rendered useless if the lack of mechanics becomes exacerbated - hence the growing neccesity for smuggling out skilled engineers to the wastes in the hopes that they would align themselves with the Wanderers, continuing the cycle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

33. Post #513
    July 2016
    258 Posts

The small mining colony of North Havingsham over time has become an important location for the LSS but it has the issue of being miles away from Alamo II and secluded. Its protected from the Combine by the thick forest and mountains surrounding it but refugees, rebels and bandits all make up the varying threats it faces. Due to this, there is a permanent LSS Army presence.

The Army division posted there is well settled in and used to the enviroment. The colder weather means heavier clothing and equipment can be used, a breath of fresh air compared to the hot deserts of Texas. Pictured here is a defence group going to set up a machine gun after scouts reported sightings of Antlions near by.

The average home in Havingsham.
    While it is not beautiful, it is homely. However, people are fickle beings and when you lose quite a lot of your belongings....

Crime is, well, not rampant in the LSS per say but it exists and people know it does. Often it is commited by people who snap, unable to adjust to life out in the wastes, or just plain nasties.

Just as crime continues, so does open and concealed carry. Citizens of the LSS carry firearms freely wherever they go. This can be a benefit in the lawless areas of the LSS and can be a saviour everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)